3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> WG - Black Rock Caverns,
King Coin
post Jun 14 2013, 05:17 AM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

It was just after midday when the vampire’s lair came into view. Aravi stopped walking and slowly crouched in case they had someone watching the entrance for intruders. The long grass came up to her breast. Her helm was stowed in her pack still; she will put it on before entering the ruin. She waved at Vera and Kayla, letting them know she could see their destination.

The vampires could have chosen a worse spot to hide. A beautiful waterfall splashed over the mouth of their cave, partially concealing it from view. A small, but deep pool of water formed in front of it. I would be tempted to swim if I didn’t think there were vampires just inside.

The vampires could have also chosen a better place to hide. They were too close to the city of Chorrol, and it wouldn’t take long for their activity to be noticed. Then the countess would dispatch mercenaries or professional hunters and this place would be one of the first to be checked.

Aravi flicked her ears in an effort to clear the bugs buzzing around her head. She was hot in her armor, her fur was sticky. There were many things she missed about Cyrodiil while she lived in Skyrim, but right now she longed for the cool mountain air. The bugs weren’t nearly as thick either. She flicked her ears again and tried to listen for anything while her companions approached.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jun 14 2013, 06:51 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

If vampires could smell wet dog, they'd compare Vera to one of the wolves running out about the countryside. The heat was intense, and she began to sweat under her armor. And the small pool was simply beckoning to her for a drink. Vera was half-tempted to quench her thirst before he continued with her companions.

Vera crouched beneath the tall grass next to Aravi, and set her eyes directly on the running waters of the cavern and straight at the entrance which led to the nest of the slumbering nosferatu. At first everything seemed tranquil with the running waters, the birds singing above the branches and the butterflies fluttering in the distance. That was, until Vera saw past the waterfall and glimpsed a man standing right behind it. A human man. She couldn't tell if he was Breton or Imperial, but certainly a two-legged guard-dog standing outside. Whether he was mesmerized into their service or doing it for his own accord, it didn't matter to her. Though his only error could be standing there at the wrong place, at the wrong time, he was just as good as dead as those vampires who were inside.

Vera pointed her nose at the entrance with the kick of her head. "There's a man there," she told Aravi in a low whisper. She wasn't sure if Aravi spotted him or not. "If he sees us, he will raise an alarm to those inside."

She swung her pack from her shoulder, and placed it before her and Aravi. She opened it and inside was revealed a number of deadly tools; throwing stars, different colored vials of poison, and two hunting knives. One of which was mystical in appearance, and had Daedric lettering over the blade. The hilt seemed made of bone and was formed into the likeness of a wolf's jaw but the metal itself was undoubtedly Daedric. This was a weapon even Vera used in rare occasions. There was a fate worst than death for those whose life would be taken by this very dagger.

Aside from that, Vera picked away a green vial and held it up close to Aravi's face. "This here is a poison that can paralyze in seconds. Once it hits into the bloodstream it spreads just as fast as the blood flows." She turned to see if Kayla was there, too. But she remained focus on Aravi. "Vampires can smell blood, especially if too much is spilled."

She had thought of finding a way to shoot the man down with a bolt to his head, or cutting open his throat with one of her blades. But either outcome would result in bloodloss, and she didn't want to make her prey aware of their presence just yet. "You look like a girl with nimble feet. You're not as armored as I am. Get this inside his body without spilling too much of his blood. Everything else will be done for you. He won't speak, he won't wail, he will be powerless to even move a muscle. Just be strong enough to hold him so that he doesn't splash into the pool."

To avoid bloodshed, Vera added. "Vampires won't smell his blood if I snap his neck."

--------------------
And yet I am, and liveā€”like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass belowā€”above the vaulted sky.ā€¯
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jun 17 2013, 06:15 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

Kayla saw the flicker of movement behind the waterfall that Vera mentioned. She cursed, in her thoughts, the unrelenting heat. she sorely missed the Skyrim weather, as harsh as it was, she hated sitting and sweating.

She listened to Vera's options as she stayed crouched low, next to the other two women, and looked at Aravi.

"Snapping his neck is a good idea. No blood. It's just getting that close that poses the problem." She murmured. "You won't have to worry too much about splashing if you can drag him closer to the waterfall..." She pursed her lips.

"I wonder if he's a thrall..."

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jun 18 2013, 05:42 AM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

"There's a man there. If he sees us, he will raise an alarm to those inside."

Aravi saw him as soon as Vera pointed him out. He was standing just in the shadow of the cave, making him difficult to see. His dark clothing blended well with the rock behind him.

Vera opened her pack in front of them. Aravi spied many tools to end someone’s life. A dagger of Daedric origin caught her eye. A vial was the object of Vera’s search. She held it out to Aravi and shared her idea.

Kayla agreed with Vera’s plan. “I wonder if he’s a thrall…”

Aravi spoke. “There isn’t anything we can do for him. I’m not going to leave him behind us.” She took the vial from Vera. She shook the fluid inside. It was thick but still flowed freely. She wondered if her own claws would be able to deliver the poison. She would have to be careful to wash them in the pond as soon as she could.

“I’ll put some of the poison on my claws and break his skin. He won’t bleed much and after he’s paralyzed we can bandage him if we need to.”

“Vera, have your crossbow ready just in case.”

“Kayla… if you can be quiet you can come with me.”

This post has been edited by King Coin: Jun 19 2013, 06:14 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jun 19 2013, 04:38 PM
Post #5

Ancient
Group Icon

Kayla nodded, keeping her eyes on the man. "If you'd like, I can hold him down while you deliver the poison."

Godsdamn, the sweat!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jun 19 2013, 05:43 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

Vera looked at Kayla and nodded. "He won't splash if he's paralyzed."

She looked at Aravi, and liked the idea of her using her claws to deliver the poison. It was efficient, and not as messy as say slicing his throat open or shooting an arrow through his skull. Vera looked at the pond, and saw that the water too was a weapon she could use. She looked over at Aravi and Kayla, and pointed her nose to the water. "The paralysis takes time to dissipate. Depending on the dosage. Whatever is in there will last quite some time."

Frankly, snapping his neck wouldn't even be nescessary . . . not when he can drown to death with his head submurged in the water.

Vera prepared her crossbow as slowly and gently as possible, and before Kayla and Aravi left, she spoke. "Deliver the poison, and when he's paralized, Kayla you can go ahead and drown him. He won't be able to move as the water goes into his body into his lungs."

It wasn't the most beautiful way to die, it was far from it, but Vera knew it had to be done. She wanted to hunt down the vampires with little resistance.

She held her crossbow in hand, and had the bolt ready. Now all that was left was putting the plan into motion.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jun 22 2013, 02:44 AM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

Aravi nodded. She held onto the vial. She would wait just before she attacked to put it on. I would hate for a careless touch to paralyze myself.

The man wasn't a disciplined guard, she was glad to see. He was sitting at the water’s edge now. His boots were off and his feet dangled in the water. His pale complexion made Aravi guess he was a Nord or a Breton.

Had he stayed by the mouth of the cave, it would have been nearly impossible for Aravi to get close without being seen. Now his attention was completely on the pond. He was throwing stones, trying to skip them over the surface.

Her mood soured. Gods he’s young. Let’s get on with it.

“Follow me Kayla.”

Aravi started moving through the long grass, angling herself to approach him from behind. Her hand loosened the stopper on the vial.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jun 22 2013, 03:10 AM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

Kayla noted that the man was at the very entrance of the cave. She saw a stray bit of sunlight hit the man and noted he didn't flinch.

Her stomach dropped.

He's a thrall, not a fledgling. She realized. She made a decision to not drown him, but to carefully place him aside. She swallowed the growing lump in her throat. Vampires used mortal thralls to keep watch on their lairs, and as a way to tell where intruders were during the daylight. At night, they fed on their sleeping thralls and, eventually, turned them.

She inwardly cursed herself for not mixing up a batch of dispel potions the night before. Too late now. She thought as she cast a muffle spell on her feet and followed Aravi, careful to mimic the Khajiit's moves.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jun 22 2013, 04:49 AM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

The snap of Kayla’s spell was the last Aravi heard of her. Aravi didn’t look back to check, she knew Kayla was behind her.

She moved quickly, the more time she was out, the more likely it was that the guard would turn his head and spot them. Then all he would have to do is shout.

Ten feet away she opened the vial and poured its contents onto her claws without slowing. She could see now he had an iron breast plate beneath his shirt. His pants were toughened hide. Not true armor, but enough to prevent her claws from getting through.

Aravi stopped and turned to let Kayla step ahead.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jun 22 2013, 09:21 PM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

Kayla saw the opening Aravi gave her and sprinted silently ahead. The man turned and had enough time to widen his eyed and take a breath before Kayla slid her left arm around his throat.

He thrashed, but his air was cut off and his feet off the ground to avoid splashing as Kayla gripped the inside crook of her right elbow with her left hand and pushed his head forward with her right hand. The momentum of her run had knocked them into the cave wall with a soft thud. The pair faced Aravi.

His boot kicked her shin, and it took everything she had to not cry out in pain as she shot Aravi a look to hurry up.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jun 22 2013, 10:03 PM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

Aravi grabbed the sleeve of his shirt and pulled it up passed his elbow. With her other hand, she sank her claws deeply into his exposed skin and dragged them down his arm. Her claws left long bloody furrows. That should get plenty of the poison in. He stopped struggling and went white. For a foolish moment, Aravi thought the poison had already worked. She jumped back when he kicked at her, and then at Kayla with renewed vigor. His eyes were wild with panic.

As quickly as it came, his fight became weak and feeble. He went limp in Kayla’s arms; he couldn’t even turn his head.

“It’s working,” Aravi said in a hushed tone. She looked at the pond. “Let’s get this over with.”

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jun 22 2013, 10:09 PM
Post #12

Ancient
Group Icon

Kayla shook her head and set him gently down. "I never kill thralls. It's not their fault." She made sure he was leaning comfortably against the cave wall before inspecting her shin.

That's what I get for wearing thin armor. she scolded herself. She motioned to Vera that the coast was clear.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jun 22 2013, 10:54 PM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

Vera stood idly as Kayla and Aravi went out together as the thrall was distracted, occupied with throwing stones in the pond out of boredom. Vera saw Kayla cast some sort of spell, and given the noise reduction Vera suspected it was meant to somehow quiet her movements. Aravi moved in first, and gave Kayla room to attack. The Altmer went in behind him, lowered her arm below and around his neck and turned him so that Aravi could apply the poison.

The huntress watched as Aravi rushed in, pulled up his sleeve and gave the man a dose of the paralysis with her deadly claws. Within moments Vera saw the familiar effects of her poison take place. The man went white, and his limbs went limp and he slumped in Kayla's arms. It was done.

Vera allowed herself a slight smile. That went better than I expected . . .

She threw the crossbow over her shoulder and went forth to meet with Kayla and Aravi. As she passed along the edge of the pond, she heard Kayla say something as she looked down upon the thrall.

"I never kill thralls. It's not their fault." Kayla said.

Vera gave the thrall a sharp look, paused, and then bent over and grabbed him by the collar with a single hand and dragged him over the edge, and into the water. There was no splashing, no resistance. The only sound was the waterfall and the slight bubbles rising to the surface until it was no more.

The Imperial stood over the edge, and spoke to Kayla though her back was still to her. "You'll kill them if they'd tried to drive a blade in your belly. They won't have a second's hesitation. Either you deliver the blow first, or you just might find yourself heading to Auriel's feet."

Their fault or no, they would still try to kill their enemies and Vera was a firm believer in self-defense no matter what. In this life, it is either them or me.

She turned around and headed toward the wooden entrance to the cavern. And so we begin.

She opened the door slightly, and went inside.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jun 23 2013, 02:24 AM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

Aravi frowned. She agreed with Vera, the safest thing is to kill him. She didn’t like it, but she wasn’t going to risk the poison wearing off while they were in there and taking his sword in the back.

She made no move to stop the Imperial. Either Vera did it, or Aravi would.

Vera dragged his body into the pond and let go. Damn it.

She quietly let her displeasure known. “I was hoping to cool off in that pond when we were done here.” There’s no way I’m swimming with a corpse in the water.

She shook her head and followed Vera inside.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jun 23 2013, 06:34 PM
Post #15

Ancient
Group Icon

Kayla's fists clenched. Who does she think she is?!

She had half a mind to yank Vera back out of the cave by her hair and scold her, but she wouldn't do something so childish. Not now, not ever. Starting a fight in enemy territory was suicide. She took a calming breath and pushed down the negative feelings.

She's right. The cocky woman is right. Leaving him behind alive would kill all of us.

Had it been just her, she could be in and out, no problem. Kayla wasn't used to working in groups, and had no idea how much they would slow each other down. All of them looked quick enough alone, but since only Aravi and Kayla had shared techniques before coming here, neither of them knew how Vera operated.

By the looks it it, she never leaves anyone alive anyways, Kayla thought as she slid in behind Aravi into the mouth of the cave. She had seen the woman's arsenal. At least we can expect that much. Kayla wondered if the Imperial woman had a shred of compassion in her. If she did, it wasn't for those in the position of the thrall. Kayla took one last look at the pool where the body had sunk and whispered a nearly audible prayer in Nordic before completely sliding into the darkness.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jun 23 2013, 10:12 PM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

Here the darkness is always. There is no sun, no dawn; just the perpetual gloom of shadow. The only light comes from the dimly lit candles set near sacrificial posts and above dining tables elevating a supply of organs and flesh and blood. The cave was just the place for Sedrane and his followers to make their abode. It was always in shadow, rendering terms like day and night meaningless.

This small haven granted them refuge from the sun, and safety from the hunters and the neighboring cattle. But not for long, though. Many enemies were out there, and he was sure they would be closing in one of these days.

The Dunmer patriarch sat on the table of his makeshift office in the corner of the chamber, flipping through the pages of an old book, pages yellowed with age. In this book, in Dunmeri words, was the knowledge he sought. What he had now, what he was, was but a speck of power compared to what he could become and what was out there waiting to be claimed.

I need it . . . I need it . . . my immortality depends on it! No longer will I sit and wait until a hunter walks into my lair to slay me. I must put my plans into motion or else it will be too late . . .

Vampires were all blessed with the power of Bal in varying degrees all over Tamriel. But the purebloods . . . the Daughters of Coldharbour and the Vampire Lords . . . It marked them as the elite; it elevated them above the lower ranks of the undead. And it was an existence that was fervently protected. To the eyes of the pureblooded, vampires without any connection to a clan was an abomination; by custom and law such a creature could not be suffered to live and Sedrane had to change that. Lamae was the first of their kind, the matriarch of the nosferatu and from her came countless vampires who never had to evolve. And there was walking relics there to be found. One had been located, but not yet retrieved and it was near. Closer than he once thought.

But his followers, the ones he turned, did not know of this. They only craved blood, not knowledge. They wanted flesh, not information of the betterment of themselves and this pained him. This is why Sedrane promised them that if they find the mobile relic that would make them vampire lords, the ultimate being of the vampiric race. No manner of captives, cattle, or thralls could ever substitute that. And so he sent three of them into the night to search for rumors. One returned alive, and with nothing. And this worried him.

The hunters are on my scent, and it would only be a matter of time before they find my lair and what I hope to discover. That in Cyrodiil, one of these relics of ancient power was there, alive, and within reach.

Sedrane rubbed his eyes, and closed the book shut. He needed rest, and he needed it right away. The stories of old, the tales of mythical antiquity could wait. But not the coffin.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jun 24 2013, 05:38 AM
Post #17

Ancient
Group Icon

Kayla slid in behind the other two woman, but neither of them could block the wall of stench that slammed into her nose. She gulped and breathed softly and slowly out of her mouth, careful to not make any extra noise.

When they reached the bottom, Kayla noticed a door on her right side, while in front of them, the large cave still echoed slightly with the sound of the waterfall outside. She gently tapped Aravi and Vera's shoulders and signaled that she saw three vampires. She just hoped they were as adept at seeing in the dark as she was, and she know that Aravi would have naturally keen eyesight in the dark.

But then again, Altmer were supposed to be great mages, and Kayla was not.

Kayla lightly tapped Aravi's bow and pointed at the nearest vamp, singled out from the others, hoping Aravi would understand the message.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jun 26 2013, 04:28 AM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

Aravi never became used to the stench. It was a fresh shock each time she set foot inside of one of these places. She heard Kayla behind her gulp softly. It was oddly comforting knowing the other woman had the same problem.

She saw three vampires already. They are up at an odd hour for vampires.

She felt a soft tap on her shoulder. She looked back at Kayla, who signaled that she saw three. Good. She can see.

Kayla then tapped Aravi’s bow and pointed at the nearest one. Aravi gave her a short nod.

She turned back. Uh-oh. The vampire was sniffing the air, catching a scent like a dog. Our sweat.

Aravi took her short bow and selected an arrow with a large arrow head. This vampire wasn’t wearing armor and she was going to shoot it in the head.

A quick check on the other two showed that they had their attention on something on the ground, farther back in a wide open chamber. Both of their backs where to her, and she couldn’t tell what held their attention.

The other vampire was looking around now. She set the arrow to her string and pulled. She quickly lined up the arrow with the vampire and let go. The snap of the bowstring sounded harsh to her ears. The vampire looked right at her and opened his mouth.

The arrow hit him in the face, snapping his head back. He hit his head against the cave wall when he fell back.

Aravi quickly drew another arrow and set it to her string, not sure if the other vampires heard. It all sounded so loud to her. It always does.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jun 26 2013, 06:41 PM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

Vera felt the small tap on her shoulder and looked at Kayla as she pointed out three vampires near by. Vera’s eyes adjusted to the darkness quite perfectly, and she was able to see the shadows and gloom brighten as day. Vera kept her head in the direction away from Kayla, lest the glow of any nearby torch reflect off her own eyes and glow in the cavern’s darkness. Last thing on her mind was a vampire hunter wanting to put a sword down the back of her neck for being a Lycanthrope, and she had the feeling she got on Kayla’s nerves already.

The smell of the cave was foul, and it had a stench of rotting flesh. It didn’t bother Vera as much as it would have in her younger years. While she seldom familiarized the stench with caverns, she was quite use to the smell of dead bodies when working in the Fighter’s Guild and waking up without any clothes in the morning next to a half-eaten deer.

Aravi was quick to react, and managed to fell one of the vampires and as she prepared to strike a blow to the other two, Vera walked forth with her crossbow in hand. She could find a way to kill both of them, but it wouldn’t be as covert. Vera shot a glance at Kayla and motioned for the high elf to prepare her weapon.

She let out a long, swift whistle that caught the attention of the vampires. Both of them turned from their distraction, and the moment they did Vera fired. The bolt swirled through the air and struck the vampire at the bottom of his throat. The creature yelped in pain a fraction of a second before he crumbled to dust in an instant, and his clothes fell to the floor beside his blackened remains. The other had her attention to Vera and Kayla, and Vera waited for Kayla to fire . . . lest the vampire make it known that there are intruders in the cavern.

Either way . . . the hunt was the hunt and Vera would have to change tactics.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jun 27 2013, 02:48 AM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

Vera’s loud whistle caught Aravi off guard. They know we’re here. Both vampires whirled around. Vera’s crossbow sounded, and one was no more.

Aravi pulled her second arrow to her cheek, lined it up with the last vampire, and loosed.

The string snapped against her arm and the arrow struck the vampire in the breast. The force of the unexpected impact knocked him to the floor. She heard him gasp, trying to get air into a lung that was punctured.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:43 AM