Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

706 Pages V « < 656 657 658 659 660 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coffee Shop Forever, It's time to kick bottom and drink coffee!
Kane
post Feb 6 2018, 03:02 PM
Post #13141

Master
Group Icon

IPB Image

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 6 2018, 04:48 PM
Post #13142

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Feb 6 2018, 09:02 AM) *

IPB Image

rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 7 2018, 12:34 AM
Post #13143

Ancient
Group Icon

Khajiit didn’t enjoy Spaceballs as much as Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, and Robin Hood: Men in Tights. This one likes those a lot!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 7 2018, 04:50 AM
Post #13144

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 6 2018, 05:34 PM) *

Khajiit didn’t enjoy Spaceballs as much as Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, and Robin Hood: Men in Tights. This one likes those a lot!

Gotta admit I didn't enjoy Spaceballs in the least. Young Frankenstein, yes. Blazing Saddles, yes, though I'm not as big a fan as many. The Mel Brooks directed film that might well be my favorite is one that doesn't get talked about a lot, 1970's "The Twelve Chairs." It's set in Russia following the Revolution, with a former aristocrat attempting recover something of his family's fortune, hidden in...well, the name says it all. Thing I like about this one is that besides the slapstick and goofiness it has "heart." I even tolerate Dom Deluise presence more than in many of his other roles. It seems to fit in better here. Still an obnoxious jerk, but that's Dom.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Feb 7 2018, 10:35 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 7 2018, 05:10 AM
Post #13145

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Feb 6 2018, 09:50 PM) *

Gotta admit I didn't enjoy Spaceballs in the least. Young Frankenstein, yes. Blazing Saddles, yes, though I'm not as big a fan as many. The Mel Brooks directed film that might well be my favorite is one that doesn't get talked about a lot, 1970's "The Twelve Chairs." It's set in Russia following the Revolution, with a former aristocrat attempting recover something of his family's fortune, hidden in...well, the name says it all. Thing I like about this one is that besides the slapstick and goofiness it has "heart." I even tolerate Dom Deluise presence more than in many of his other roles. It seems to fit in better here. Still and obnoxious jerk, but that's Dom.

This sounds like one Khajiit would like! Thanks for the recommendation!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 7 2018, 10:40 AM
Post #13146

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 6 2018, 10:10 PM) *

Gotta admit I didn't enjoy Spaceballs in the least. Young Frankenstein, yes. Blazing Saddles, yes, though I'm not as big a fan as many. The Mel Brooks directed film that might well be my favorite is one that doesn't get talked about a lot, 1970's "The Twelve Chairs." It's set in Russia following the Revolution, with a former aristocrat attempting recover something of his family's fortune, hidden in...well, the name says it all. Thing I like about this one is that besides the slapstick and goofiness it has "heart." I even tolerate Dom Deluise presence more than in many of his other roles. It seems to fit in better here. Still and obnoxious jerk, but that's Dom.

When composing the above I visited Wikipedia to verify The Twelve Chair's release date. The article listed all Brooks' films with their Rotten Tomato ratings. I was surprised and pleased to see that while Young Frankenstein topped the list with a rating of "93," The Twelve Chairs" came in a very close second at "92."

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 7 2018, 01:14 PM
Post #13147

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Feb 7 2018, 04:40 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 6 2018, 10:10 PM) *

When composing the above I visited Wikipedia to verify The Twelve Chair's release date. The article listed all Brooks' films with their Rotten Tomato ratings. I was surprised and pleased to see that while Young Frankenstein topped the list with a rating of "93," The Twelve Chairs" came in a very close second at "92."

I can't believe there is a Mel Brooks I haven't seen, but this is it. Going to hunt through NetFlix for it! I also love Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles (in that order) - but let's not forget History of the World, Part I; which is another of my all time favorites!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 7 2018, 02:39 PM
Post #13148

Councilor
Group Icon

I liked "Silent Movie" - with Marcel Marceau's famous speaking part.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 14 2018, 07:43 PM
Post #13149

Ancient
Group Icon

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/14/health/steph...dead/index.html

sad.gif

R.I.P. Stephen Hawking verysad.gif

This post has been edited by mALX: Mar 15 2018, 04:14 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Mar 15 2018, 03:35 PM
Post #13150

Master
Group Icon

I've seen Spaceballs so many times I can quote line for line of that movie. I love pretty much all of Mel Brooks films with Young Frankenstein being my favorite.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 15 2018, 10:09 PM
Post #13151

Master
Group Icon

They’ve gone to plaid!

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Mar 17 2018, 01:19 AM
Post #13152

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Mar 15 2018, 03:09 PM) *

They’ve gone to plaid!

We passed them...stop this thing!
We can't stop...its to dangerous...we got to slowdown first!
BULL****...I said stop this thing...I order you...SSSTTTTOOOPPPP!!!
{Pulls Emergency Brake}
Ahhhhhh!!!

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Mar 23 2018, 01:38 AM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 22 2018, 10:35 PM
Post #13153

Paladin
Group Icon

I expect others have noticed that mALX has been missing the last few days. She had what was supposed to be a fairly routine benign tumor removal surgery early this week that ran into a couple complications. Nevertheless, she is home, doing much better but still too sore to be on here much. So she asked if I would let folks know that she is okay.

She does have a followup appointment tomorrow but the doc is still very confident her tumor was benign - just was a bit troublesome to remove apparently.

I'm sure her many friends here join me in wishing her a speedy recovery and we look forward to having her back among us soon. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 22 2018, 10:40 PM
Post #13154

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Thank you for the update, Acadian. I have seen her here a bit but not noticed many posts and just chalked it up to her being busy and/or having nothing to say.

-Here's to you, mALX! cake.gif Have a speedy recovery and keep on fighting! smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 22 2018, 10:45 PM
Post #13155

Master
Group Icon

Get well, mALX!!

IPB Image

--------------------
+Quote Post
Burnt Sierra
post Mar 22 2018, 11:43 PM
Post #13156

Two Headed cat
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 22 2018, 09:35 PM) *

I'm sure her many friends here join me in wishing her a speedy recovery and we look forward to having her back among us soon.

Absolutely. You've been the warm, fuzzy, furry heart of this forum for years now (that sentence started so well too blink.gif ), and long may it continue.

Feel better soon mALX!

Hug_emoticon.gif salute.gif
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 23 2018, 12:51 AM
Post #13157

Ancient
Group Icon

Poor mALX sad.gif
Khajiit wishes her a very speedy recovery.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Mar 23 2018, 01:38 AM
Post #13158

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 22 2018, 04:35 PM) *

I expect others have noticed that mALX has been missing the last few days. She had what was supposed to be a fairly routine benign tumor removal surgery early this week that ran into a couple complications. Nevertheless, she is home, doing much better but still too sore to be on here much. So she asked if I would let folks know that she is okay.

She does have a followup appointment tomorrow but the doc is still very confident her tumor was benign - just was a bit troublesome to remove apparently.

I'm sure her many friends here join me in wishing her a speedy recovery and we look forward to having her back among us soon. smile.gif

Man sorry to hear that sad.gif .

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Mar 23 2018, 08:38 PM
Post #13159

Master
Group Icon

Get better soon, mALX! All kinds of tumors are problematic, but as long as they're benign, no matter how complicated their removal or recovery, it's still better than a single, small malign tumor. I wish you all the best, mALX, return soon.

My son, unfortunately, had a malign tumor, on the 12th of March it was exactly one year since he passed away.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 23 2018, 08:50 PM
Post #13160

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Mar 23 2018, 08:38 PM) *

My son, unfortunately, had a malign tumor, on the 12th of March it was exactly one year since he passed away.

I cannot put words to this. All I can do is extend my best thoughts and wishes to you and your wife. I hope that each passing year will make it at least a bit eaiser for you, even if it's just a little bit.

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post

706 Pages V « < 656 657 658 659 660 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:21 PM