Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Favorite mods
Rihanae
post Apr 2 2014, 07:34 PM
Post #61

Knower
Group Icon

[quote name='Renee Gade IV' date='Apr 2 2014, 07:30 PM' post='217936']

I really want to use a good body replacer mod, but I cannot seem toget them working. I'm trying to use Robert's Female body but I think I'm doing something wrong! Oh well[/quote]

Robert's is tricky, by default it changes underwear, but you won't be able to see your character 'in their birthday suit' until you swap some nif files around. I forget exactly what I wound up doing, but if you read the posts over in Robert's Females Nexus page somebody explains how to figure this mod out step by step. It's a rather recent post too, so you shouldn't have to go digging.

Like lots of other mod pages, the author explains what to do, but the explantion is half-baked.

'
[/quote]

Yeah, that's the one I tried using, but then I tried out EVE HGEC and it works wonders and looks amazing smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 2 2014, 07:36 PM
Post #62

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Rihanae @ Apr 2 2014, 02:34 PM) *

Yeah, that's the one I tried using, but then I tried out EVE HGEC and it works wonders and looks amazing smile.gif

That's cool. smile.gif I've got Robert's working with Saga's game, but perhaps with Renee Gade III I'll try EVE HGEC. This way these two gals won't wind up having the exact same body ... parts .. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Apr 2 2014, 07:48 PM
Post #63

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Apr 2 2014, 07:36 PM) *

That's cool. smile.gif I've got Robert's working with Saga's game, but perhaps with Renee Gade III I'll try EVE HGEC. This way these two gals won't wind up having the exact same body ... parts .. biggrin.gif

Good idea! I'm not too sure what the differences are between the two mods, but all I know is that HGEC has quite a lot of additional mods tailored for that body, such as a female armour replacer and some rogue armour.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 2 2014, 08:03 PM
Post #64

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Rihanae @ Apr 2 2014, 02:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Apr 2 2014, 07:36 PM) *

Good idea! I'm not too sure what the differences are between the two mods, but all I know is that HGEC has quite a lot of additional mods tailored for that body, such as a female armour replacer and some rogue armour.

Good to know. I'll look into this one soon.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 2 2014, 08:40 PM
Post #65

Councilor
Group Icon

Generic answers to questions you didn't even ask:

The body mods typically come with replacement armours/clothing that fit the body (unless the standard armour covers it all completely) or else there's a second mod that supplies those (such as EVE). However, they don't supply any new armour or clothing models, and there's a lot more of those made for HGEC than the others. Which means that HGEC gives you more choices.

The same body gets used for all NPC's as well as the player, but since the body is replaced by the clothes, the only issue is really how the exposed skin gets textured. All the replacers use a unified "foot" texture to cover the whole body, so NPCs wearing vanilla clothes may look odd. They may also change shape when you remove their outfit if the body mesh and armour mesh aren't both replaced.

Hair is adapted to the size and shape of the head, as adjusted by the character gen sliders. However, it is only weighted to the head, and long hair will clip into the back or shoulders. Wigs don't conform to the head like that, but can be weighted to the whole skeleton, and bend and twist as the character moves. So usually short = hair, and long = wig for best results. Some styles are available as both, so you can decide which aspect is more important.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 3 2014, 12:27 AM
Post #66

Councilor
Group Icon

Thanks Ghastley, that's good to know. Learning more everyday from people like you. smile.gif

I just came up with a great idea for a mod, perhaps it already exists. Okay.

I've got Storms & Sound and right now Lady Saga is sitting in her rented room at the Oak & Crossier. It's raining outside, and this mod makes it so that you can hear the rain indoors. Because of this, I'm not wanting to have her sleep just yet. I (and she) are enjoying the sound of the rain outside.

So I was thinking "what if there was a mod that made it possible to read books in real time?" .. In other words, is there a mod (or is it even possible) that makes it so the PC can read a book, the book shows up on the screen, but the game's still going in the background? .. In other words, the entire world wouldn't be on a 'pause' as we're reading.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 3 2014, 02:35 AM
Post #67

Councilor
Group Icon

I think there's a mod that lets time pass while your reading, having a conversation, picking a lock etc. but the rest of the game has to freeze to prevent you getting stabbed in the back while you do those things.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Apr 3 2014, 03:39 AM
Post #68

Master
Group Icon

There is a mod that lets you see your PC read while time passes in game - it's Actors in Charge and is a "pose" mod, though to me it's more an animation mod (has you pick and choose what animations your PC and NPC's play). I like the reading a lot - my PC can read while seated or while standing. Of course, I can't read what she is reading, though, indifferent.gif

I do think I've seen the mods you are talking about. If you search oblivion.nexusmods.com you may be able to find the mod that does what you want it to do. I think they start with "Real Time" but I'm not sure.

--------------------
+Quote Post
PhonAntiPhon
post Apr 3 2014, 12:58 PM
Post #69

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ May 16 2013, 01:54 AM) *

The nude mod. For the sake of, eh, realism?

QUOTE(Pseron Wyrd @ Jun 5 2013, 09:05 PM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ May 26 2013, 11:26 AM) *

Realism? huh.gif Do people walk around naked where you live?? panic.gif

No, they don't. But some of like to roleplay characters who do not bathe in their underwear.

Body mods FTW.
It's not a question of just wandering around in the buff - (although yes Skyrim Niamh did, in context) - it's the fact that the character can should they wish to. Additionally the character is then naked under their armour/clothes, as in actually so. They do not have a set of underwear welded to them and neither does anyone else in the gameworld, and frankly for me that does nothing but enhance immersion and realism.
If Eilidh or whoever changes their clothing or loots someone else's, then there is a proper body under there. Similarly when she bathes or swims or whatever...
I appreciate why it's not like that in vanilla but I see no reason why one should not mod it in if one can.
Characters are people too and I don't know about anyone else but my underwear is not welded to my skin! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Settled in Breezehome - (Mostly)
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 3 2014, 06:47 PM
Post #70

Councilor
Group Icon

Speaking from the perspective of a 5-year vanilla gamer, that's one thing I was glad to finally discard: those horribly itchy-looking underwear sets for females, and diaper-like male loincloths. Thank you Roberts.

There is a mod that lets you see your PC read while time passes in game - it's Actors in Charge

Sweet! Thanks haute ecole rider.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 6 2014, 11:24 PM
Post #71

Councilor
Group Icon

I am looking for some summoning mods for Lady Saga which will allow her to get away from her usual vanilla undead summonings, and found Summon The Rats?, a new mod that I think is rather cute, and fits her roleplay. I'd feel bad if she was constantly summoning cats or dogs, or more personable animals and they were constantly getting pwned, but rats? smile.gif

I do want to find something like a lion summon, though. I did manage to find some pretty cool companion mods that feature bigger cats or maybe even bears. What have you folks found in your travels?

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 6 2014, 11:32 PM
Post #72

Ancient
Group Icon

Somebody made a mod that allows you to summon not only lions, but wolves, bears, boars, and even spriggans. It also makes them all friendly, so you do not have to kill every animal you run across in the wilderness.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Apr 6 2014, 11:32 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 6 2014, 11:35 PM
Post #73

Councilor
Group Icon

Are you looking for a companion animal or something that would have a limited life and duration like a spell? For summoned critters I love SubRosa’s Witchcraft spells.

D'oh! I was too slow. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Grits: Apr 6 2014, 11:36 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Apr 7 2014, 12:37 AM
Post #74

Master
Group Icon

Use Witchcraft in the last few installs I've created.

Even gave up UL for it - I love the functionality of it too much . . .

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 7 2014, 12:46 AM
Post #75

Councilor
Group Icon

[censored] yes! THank you thank you thank you'11111 Sorry. A little excited there.

I just found this mod full of little kitty cats? ohmy.gif and the cool thing is these cats can be found somewhere in Anvil, which is where my elf happens to be. They're pretty much useless for adventuring because they're programmed to flee at the sight of danger, but my elf is going to be staying at Lord Drad's Estate for a few days. It's going to be fun to have some pets up there, make it really feel more like a home. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Apr 7 2014, 12:53 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 7 2014, 01:00 AM
Post #76

Councilor
Group Icon

I love that one! I’ve had a few instances where my group of characters moved to another city and part of the process was a cat caravan. I will never forget the sight of my heavily armored battlemage strolling down the Black Road followed by two dogs, a horse, and six cats! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Apr 7 2014, 01:32 AM
Post #77

Master
Group Icon

I've had the same, only it was the Gold Road to the IC! It was a lot of fun!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 7 2014, 01:32 AM
Post #78

Councilor
Group Icon

MM hmm. Saga found Pepper and Jazz, and brought them both up to Lord Drad's. Sooo damn cute.

I also downloaded Sutch Village last night. I had no idea Sutch winds up becoming attached to Lord Drad's, so it actually was a bit of a surprise when Lady Drad had a 'Sutch' option in her speech options. ohmy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Apr 8 2014, 01:25 PM
Post #79

Knower
Group Icon

I've been a bit crazy with my mods recently!

my most recent and favourite are

DarNified - Changes the interface completely, making everything smaller and more compact.

Unlimited Rings - Gives you unlimited amulets ;P

Fiona Armour for HEGC - Gives you the clothes Fiona wore in the game Haunting Ground. Looks great on Lissa.

Natural Environment - Completely overhauls wildlife, water, trees, vegetation and weather. amazing mod.

Slof's Horses - Lissa's steed grew a horn tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 8 2014, 03:40 PM
Post #80

Councilor
Group Icon

Be careful with those weather / landscape mods. Last night I decided I want to remove All Natural from Saga's game, for no other reason than variety. I like vanilla's weather / lighting system, too. Anyways, after I disabled the mod, it totally screwed up her gameworld. She was in an inn at the time, all the the meshes & textures were gone for the inn's floor, walls, and ceilings. So Saga kept falling through the 'floor', basically. The only solution was to Activate the mod again.

I'm guessing the solution is to somehow get tne vanilla stuff back, but I wouldn't have a clue how to do this, offhand. And even if I did, good lord that sounds like a lot of work? Maybe not.

--------------------
+Quote Post

8 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:39 PM