Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Oblivion Performance and Utility Mods
SubRosa
post Nov 28 2021, 10:49 PM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

I did some tinkering with Oblivion and its array of helpful mods today, and thought I would share some of my discoveries.

All of these require OBSE

Oblivion Display Tweaks = this helps with microstutter and other things. It is compatible with OSR, but only if you Turn off bReplaceGetTickCount in Oblivion Stutter Remover's .ini file.

Oblivion Stutter Remover = of course.

OSR Optimized .Ini File = Is just the .ini for OSR, and has the bReplaceGetTickCount disables, among other tweaks.

Engine Bug Fixes = A bunch of bug fixes.

SkyBSA = Changes the way Oblivion puts BSA assets in your load order to act the same way Skyrim does, namely by no longer mucking with timestamps, and just going by your load order.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Lena Wolf
post Dec 22 2021, 10:11 AM
Post #2

Mouth
Group Icon

Macole - thank you! I've never thought about clicking on "File"! I see now the option to lock load order which is ticked. I also see that mods can be sorted in various ways and not just according to their load order... Never knew that either. wacko.gif

So, if you enable the "Modified" column from that menu (under File -> Columns), and if you sort your mods by load order and then pick one and drag to change the load order, you will notice the dates changing so that the modified dates now match the load order, from old to new. And Bash does it every time, I cannot disable it. Unless this is the function of "Lock load order"? Not sure. So when I asked what you meant with "sometimes", I was really asking "how do you prevent Bash from changing time stamps every time and always?". Not the same question, I know... sorry!

Ok, this is getting clearer regarding ESPs - this is all just for ESPs, right? I see only ESPs on the list, so I assume it's for ESPs only. How do you change the order of BSAs then? I thought that would correspond to ESPs or else that Oblivion would determine the order internally. But you say you can change it in Bash? How?

As for listing BSA files in the INI file, you still can do it. Open Oblivion.ini and search for section [Archive], keyword SArchiveList. By default it lists Oblivion own BSAs, but you can just add yours. Some mods actually do it if the names of their BSAs are not the same as the name of the ESP.

More precisely, the name of the BSA must start with the same string. For example, if you have abc.esp, both abc.bsa and "abc - resources.bsa" will be loaded. I am not sure what the rule says exactly, but I use this pattern and it works.

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 06:30 AM