Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

45 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Things, post something you've never seen before in Skyrim.
SubRosa
post Sep 12 2012, 06:30 PM
Post #21

Ancient
Group Icon

I never noticed that before either. Is that in Bleak Falls Barrow?

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Sep 13 2012, 01:02 PM
Post #22

Councilor
Group Icon

I was heading through Riverwood t'other day and it got attacked by an Ancient Dragon™...

Sooo, there's us Dragonborn-Knighty types...Along with multitudinous Guardy types...A dog...Aaaaand two women in lovely dresses with small daggers...*Runs hand down face*...

Sooo, the two lovely corpses of Gurdur and Sigurd(?), and one dragon skeleton lie in the road...

Up runs a small child who then falls to his knees and wails in the sort of "Noooooo!! Whyyyyy?!!" type of thing...

I've never seen that before...

Oh, and the dog ran around barking inside the ribs of the dragon...That made me laugh...

The other bit didn't btw...I felt bad...
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Sep 13 2012, 01:24 PM
Post #23

Mouth
Group Icon

,Ahhh man, that would kill me, seeing a child run up and wail like that. I have yet to see any children outside of towns and villages, actually.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 12 2012, 01:30 PM) *

I never noticed that before either. Is that in Bleak Falls Barrow?

I'm pretty sure it was in Dustman's Cairn, the place where we first go in with Farkas early in the Companions questline. If I touched the spider web, the dartwing would move, too!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 13 2012, 02:39 PM
Post #24

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Sep 13 2012, 08:02 AM) *
Up runs a small child who then falls to his knees and wails in the sort of "Noooooo!! Whyyyyy?!!" type of thing...

Argh, that would be little Frodnar the prankster and aspiring Stormcloak. Both Riverwood kids lost their moms in that fight. kvleft.gif

Funny about the dog, though.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 13 2012, 07:22 PM
Post #25

Ancient
Group Icon

I just figured out how to add NPCs to the presets. Turns out is very simple. Find the NPC you want in the CK, left click on them and make a duplicate. Then open up the Race window for the NPC, and go to the preset section (you have to use a radio button to select between male and female presets). Then go back to the Actors, pick you duplicated NPC, and drag and drop it into the Race Preset field.

It is important to only do this to a duplicate because as soon as you drop it in the Presets, it removes the NPC from the game. So it is very easy to break the game if you are not careful.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Sep 13 2012, 07:23 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Sep 13 2012, 11:25 PM
Post #26

Mouth
Group Icon

Wow, that soudns fun, SubRosa! I hear skyrim is tougher to mod than Oblivion.

So my new thing of the day is: I just picked a lock from horseback. . I tried picking the lock on the giant gate that leads into Helgen without dismounting my horse .. and it worked!

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Sep 13 2012, 11:26 PM
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Sep 16 2012, 11:01 AM
Post #27

Councilor
Group Icon

Ressurection!!...

In th'daughter's game we have the most incredible return...One which should please DE no end!...

Skjor's back!!...

It's been soooo long since she did the Companions quest, but she went looking in Jorrvaskr for Ria to be a follower...And up pops old grumpy-chops himself!...Hell of a shock!!...And she went back today and he's still there...

Soooo, you save Sovengard and suddenly everyone's back...Next it'll be old Whitemane... biggrin.gif ...

---------------------------

Oh, heard a bunch of new speech things meself lately, but they're unlikely to be DLC related, just I've never heard them before...My newest one is ('cause I'm trying to pickpocket someone) "You're a terrible sneak lad, can see you a mile off" or somesuch... biggrin.gif ...
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 16 2012, 06:06 PM
Post #28

Ancient
Group Icon

Skjor coming back is weird. I have done enough of the Companions questline to know what happens to him early on.

I have never heard that last bit of dialogue either. But then I almost never play pickpockets either, so I probably just never had the chance to hear it as well.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Sep 18 2012, 10:12 PM
Post #29

Mouth
Group Icon

Gunter Son of Talos II was recently in Fort Neugrad, which is full of bandits I think. Anyways, everything was going as usual when Gunter wound up walking into a room with a solitary bandit. This solitary bandit merely looked at Gunter, and did not get up (he was eating I think).

Gunter wound up attempting to speak to this guy, and only then did he attack. wacko.gif weird, huh?

There were a couple more bandits in another room who also did the same thing: merely sat there and stared at Gunter as he walked in. This time, he did not speak to them, but he did loot some of their stuff, right in front of them. Nothing!

As usual, I worked it into my roleplay. These bandits were "friendly" with the invader who came in and took their stuff. They seemed to rather he take their things, and leave them alone, than wind up dead.

Gunter let those two live.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 21 2012, 02:06 PM
Post #30

Councilor
Group Icon

From a guard: Don't cross me, elf. dry.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 21 2012, 02:56 PM
Post #31

Ancient
Group Icon

I get that one all the time in my games. It is still more cordial than the guards in Morrowind: "We're watching you scum!" biggrin.gif

The one that always makes me laugh is when a shopkeeper or smith says "What do you want, little elf?" It always seems to happen when I am playing an Altmer, so I am taller than they are.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Sep 21 2012, 02:57 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Sep 23 2012, 05:19 AM
Post #32

Mouth
Group Icon

Today Gunter was walking on a road which sloped downwards. A big hill; the one that leads east (kinda east from Valtheim Towers). As he walked, I heard a noise come up from behind; it sounded like a footstep.

He turns around, expecting an enemy. But no, it's a dead Alchemist, sliding head-first down the road! Alchemists are friendly to us, which means he must have encountered an enemy nearby. But as I looked around, there was nothing. It was if the Alchemist had fallen from the sky.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Sep 23 2012, 05:23 AM
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Oct 3 2012, 12:33 AM
Post #33

Master
Group Icon

Meeko knocked a bowl off of Aravi's shelf in Breezehome and Kharjo promptly yelled "Stupid dog!" laugh.gif

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 3 2012, 12:43 AM
Post #34

Councilor
Group Icon

rollinglaugh.gif Does Meeko bark much in the house? Maybe he's on Kharjo's last nerve!

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Oct 3 2012, 03:11 AM
Post #35

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 2 2012, 06:43 PM) *

rollinglaugh.gif Does Meeko bark much in the house? Maybe he's on Kharjo's last nerve!

Of course he barks. I'd be more concerned about Lydia. blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 10 2012, 11:53 PM
Post #36

Councilor
Group Icon

Chocolate!! When you first meet the Dark Brotherhood, Babette tells a story about a candy store and chocolate. I didn’t get exactly what was said. The Girl was playing her thief/assassin/adoptive mom character and I wasn’t paying close attention. But I heard the important part: Skyrim has chocolate!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Oct 11 2012, 12:57 AM
Post #37

Master
Group Icon

Chocolate?! Where?

I did notice after downloading Hearthfire that the Surlie Brothers are still making wine. smile.gif

QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 2 2012, 06:43 PM) *

After playing more, Kharjo is definitely not a dog person. Meeko barks a lot and Kharjo does not like it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 11 2012, 01:40 AM
Post #38

Councilor
Group Icon

You have to join the DB to hear the line. Probably a mistake by the writer since it’s NOWHERE else, but it’s in the game now!! laugh.gif

I got a kick out of that wine. I wonder what happened to Tamika’s?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Oct 11 2012, 11:16 PM
Post #39

Mouth
Group Icon

Tamika's hasn't got the proper distribution licensing yet to effectively invade Skyrim with their product.

My new thing of the day: did you know creatures can follow us into establishments? Apparently they can, albeit rarely. My newest character was fighting a couple of Sabercats in the villlage of Winterhold. The guards and a couple ordinary town NPCs joined in. At some point, Skank ran into the general good store, and one of the sabercats actually followed her! Freaked me out... all the sudden there was this BIG cat right in the middle of the store

The lady who says "I have to sell whatever I can, just to get by"... stood behind her counter the entire time, while the cat went after my character. Thankfully, the cat must have been pretty weak at the point, because it died soon after its store invasion. But what a freaky thing! I never seen that happen before...
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 27 2012, 03:47 AM
Post #40

Councilor
Group Icon

Today Rowan and her man Vorstag were in Windhelm, so they stopped in at the Candlehearth Hall for a meal and one night’s stay. The bard played a song I have never heard before. “Tale of the Tongues,” I looked it up. Obviously Rowan had never heard it either. She just stood there listening in complete awe. She is an Imperial Dragonborn who recently met the Tongues in the song, so it was particularly cool to realize that she had become part of Nord culture as well as Tamriel’s history. Goosebumps. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

45 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:37 PM