Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

132 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Skyrim (Spoilerific), Like the other one, but with added spoilers!!!
Andrea
post May 1 2012, 03:52 PM
Post #81

Evoker

Jessika and Brelyna had a rather eventful couple of days when I rejoined their travels last night!

After they had made their way back to the College to give Urag his books, he asked them to retrieve another book for him down in a cave to the south of Winterhold called Darkshade.

Once they made it to Darkshade, however, they discovered it was inhabited by four powerful trolls. After a lengthy and dangerous battle with the trolls, they managed to overwhelm them and retrieve 'Glories and Laments' for Urag. The battle was hard, and resulted in many serious injuries, so the girls decided to stay the night in an abandoned tower nearby.

The next day they returned to the college, sharing their story with Urag. Urag seemed uncaring of their ordeal and asked the girls to retrieve another book for him in a cave near Solitude.

They spent the next few days in the college before deciding to set out for the book.

Whilst heading to Solitude they took a pit stop to Frostflow lighthouse, where Brel's friend Sudi lives.

However, as they approached the lighthouse they saw that Sudi's horse was dead outside. Panicking about her friend, Brel ran indoors without a moment's pause. once inside they discovered that the place and been trashed and Sudi's mother was dead, killed by a Chaurus. They followed clues which led them to a cavern in the basement. Apparently Sudi had been hearing noises in the basement, and went to investigate. When she hadn't returned her father, Habd went to find her, followed soon after by Sudi's brother Muri. Unfortunatley all three had been killed, much to Brel's devestation. She insisted that they rid the basement cavern of any remaining Falmer Chaurus, of which they were successful, but not without struggle.

Once they killed the final Chaurus, which was MUCH larger than it's minions, they found Habd's remains and returned to the lighthouse.

Out of respect Jess decided to put the remains in the lighthouse fire in mermorium to the family that had died.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 1 2012, 04:25 PM
Post #82

Ancient
Group Icon

That Urag sounds like a pain in the rear! I say let him fetch his own books!

I remember Frostflow Lighthouse. That was creepy, with what happened to the family living there. Not to mention a seriously tough dungeon crawl, unless you were pretty high level.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Andrea
post May 1 2012, 04:34 PM
Post #83

Evoker

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 1 2012, 04:25 PM) *

I remember Frostflow Lighthouse. That was creepy, with what happened to the family living there. Not to mention a seriously tough dungeon crawl, unless you were pretty high level.

Haha I completley agree! It took almost an in-game day to kill the trolls, with so many near misses when it came to the taking of Jess's life! But Jess loves helping out and Brel loves learning through seeing so they will continue... hopefully one day they will earn the orc's respect.

Frostflow was so difficult (Jess is currently level 8 on Novice, and it was STILL difficult! haha). I love the story that is told through the use of the journals. But the only thing that bother's Jess is what Sudi's bloody note said. All i can make out is 'dagger' at the end :/
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post May 1 2012, 11:30 PM
Post #84

Mouth
Group Icon

Andrea, so glad you could join us! smile.gif

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 1 2012, 11:25 AM) *

He's one of the few orcs I've found myself coming to like, actually. He just seems so authentic as an orc. I find myself taking him seriously without wanting to blow him up! It's like he's got a way or a style about him or something. He doesn't take any compassion, yet both my characters who've had to deal with him so far (Claire and Beth) have become addicted to fetching books for him.

...and all of this is coming from a typical orc-hater, so that's saying something. Part of it is the fact that in a medievally-inspired world, books are taken seriously by those who know how to read them. And this orc is VERY serious about his books.
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 2 2012, 05:06 PM
Post #85

Councilor
Group Icon

Housing update:

Nathanil my exiled Imperial sympathizer Altmer has moved out of Breezehome and into Anise’s cabin. It looks uninhabited enough to help him hide from the Thalmor, and he can do his cooking right down the road in Riverwood. He has his food stashed at Hod’s house and his few smithing supplies in a barrel outside Alvor’s. If his stuff gets stolen (barrel respawns), tough luck for Nathanil. He’s a lot more fun now that his game reflects his character better.

Jerric and Darnand have rented a very nice cottage from Uthgerd the Unbroken after Jerric beat her silly in a tavern brawl. He asked her to follow him long enough to swap her key for 500 septims rent. Their expensive stuff is marked red in the containers, but nothing has been tagged as stolen when retrieved. She has a very nice house. Plenty of storage to organize all of their stuff, plus a big desk with storage for Darnand. They still have to walk all over town for smithing, enchanting, cooking, and alchemy, but that’s how it goes sometimes when you’re renting. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post May 2 2012, 07:04 PM
Post #86

Mouth
Group Icon

Heh, so I'm not the only one dealing with house issues. smile.gif

I'm not getting why containers do that, though. Like my CHARACTER puts HER money in a chest. Comes back later, and the gold is now listed as red. WTF? It's her gold, man!

A s much as I enjoy stashing gold (rather than having to RP why it's always on our character's person, ala Oblivion) it gets to be annoying sometimes when a "withdrawal" is needed to be made.

:facepalm:

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: May 2 2012, 07:06 PM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 2 2012, 07:24 PM
Post #87

Ancient
Group Icon

I think it is because the chest is owned. So then whatever is inside the chest becomes owned.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 2 2012, 10:23 PM
Post #88

Councilor
Group Icon

I think you’re right. The stuff they put in the house becomes Uthgerd’s, and the stuff that she would not give as a gift (expensive) turns red. Luckily she’s never home, so she won’t catch them “stealing” their stuff. The way it works for J’Shanji and Faendal is for J’Shanji to keep him as a follower.

In other Skyrim news, Jerric made friends with some orcs by beating the snot out of their chief, go figure. He had their smith make him some steel plate armor. Now he’s getting a lot of compliments from the guards. He also got a letter from Calcelmo asking him to come to Markarth and sell him the Dwarven artifact that he just purchased in Whiterun. Seriously? The last time they were in Markarth, Calcelmo was not polite. He’s probably ticked that the guys have not yet swatted the big spider like he asked them to. Right now they’re about to go underground in search of Mjoll’s sword. She was nice to them. Calcelmo gets to wait.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post May 3 2012, 01:25 AM
Post #89

Mouth
Group Icon

Very cool, Grits!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 3 2012, 11:54 PM
Post #90

Ancient
Group Icon

From the journal of Hrafngoelir

I joined the Stormcloaks Ma. I think it's what Da would have wanted. I don't know if you would approve or not. But I know it is something I have to do. Skyrim cannot go on serving an Empire that licks the boots of the damned Thalmor. We Nords have to fight for our country, and our gods.

There is a shrine of Talos right across the river from Windhelm. I stopped there to pay my respects to the old man, and think a while. When I was done, I was more sure than ever that what I was doing was not only right, but necessary.

I saw Jarl Ulfric in the palace when I went to join up. He even spoke to me briefly. Ulfric remembered me from Helgen. Ralof had told him how we had fought out way out of Helgen after the dragon appeared. That was good enough for the Jarl. He sent me out on a mission right away.

I have to admit that hearing Ralof's name made my heart beat a little faster. Would I be seeing him again soon? Only time will tell.

The mission was a plan by Ulfric's right hand - Galmar Stone-Fist. Galmar is an old warrior, who fought in the Great War alongside Ulfric. He had learned where the Jagged Crown was buried. We were going to get it back. Yes, you read that right, The Jagged Crown. The one the High Kings wore in the days of old. He said it was buried with one of the old kings, Harald I think. Not that it matters who anymore, he's just bones now.

We got there, but found the Imperials had got there ahead of us. We had to fight our way through. They fell easily enough before us. We Stormcloaks fight for our gods, and our freedom. What do the Imperials fight for? Greed? The Thalmor? They could not stand against us.

Did I forget to tell you? Ralof was with us! I have to admit, that I wanted to kiss him, and perhaps a little more. But there were other soldiers all around. He said that he remembered me, but did not say much else. I am not sure if it was because of everyone else standing there. Or if there is someone else? Or does he just not see me the way I see him? Oh gods Ma, this is so confusing.

After the Imperials, we had to chop our way through draugr. But they all fell before us. Galmar turned out to be right. The crown was there. He gave it to me to carry back to Windhelm, and deliver personally to Jarl Ulfric. I wish I could have stayed, and maybe found some time alone with Ralof. But I have to admit, carrying the ancient crown of the jarls was a great honor. I tried it on during the journey back, when no one could see. It did not fit though. I suppose that means I was not meant to be a High Queen!

-Hrafn, the road to Windhelm

This post has been edited by SubRosa: May 3 2012, 11:55 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Andrea
post May 4 2012, 12:12 AM
Post #91

Evoker

Wow SubRosa, that shot of Hrafn is absoloutly GORGEOUS!

I loved the stormcloak questline when I played it, and my character at the time was also pleased that he was working with Ralof. He'd always had a little crush on him.

Ralof, obviously, did not feel the same. But Joshua was cool with that tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post May 4 2012, 06:53 PM
Post #92

Mouth
Group Icon

Nice update on Hrafera...Hrafangl....sorry. Hrafngoelir. There, that's her! That's a tough one to spell. Anyways, nice update. This last journal is making me hungry for some Civil War action.

I'm about to start the Stormcloak Civil War questline, since I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be able to start my Son of Talos Stormcloak dude this weekend. I've decided he will be a DiD character. If he dies, I'll just start Son of Talos II, Son of Talos III, and so on. I might even start from after the Tutorial if it gets to that point, that way I won't have to do it over and over.
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 5 2012, 08:18 PM
Post #93

Councilor
Group Icon

Jerric had an interesting day with Darnand (aka “Mayhem” Marcurio). The only spoiler concerns J’zargo’s scrolls.

First thing I should mention, they walked from Whiterun to Riften without one single hostile animal encounter. This worries me. I wonder if something is amiss in their game. If animals don’t respawn, it’s going to be a very empty world.

Second, they found a stray dog! Ulfe!! biggrin.gif It is pretty much impossible to get a Nord, a dog, and an irritable mage to pose for a picture, but here is my best effort. Now if only they could find a wood elf and a saucy healer, my Skyrim dreams would be complete! tongue.gif

Finally, there was an incident with an assassin. Jerric managed to kill him while putting only one ice spike through the dog (she is very forgiving). He picked up the fallen sword and dagger at the same moment that Darnand’s lightning bolt sent the body flying. Sigh. An instant later there was a huge ruckus from the bushes where Darnand had strategically positioned himself for the battle. Storm atronach, and it was right next to Darnand! And Jerric was now over encumbered and out of magicka! He immediately dumped a bunch of looted weapons in the road and raced to support Darnand with shield bash and blade. I have the HUD opacity turned way down, so between the bushes, the atronach smoke, someone’s exploding fire spell, searching for whatever astonishingly powerful enemy conjured the atronach, and trying not to stab the dog, I couldn’t read any of those messages that let you know what’s going on.

Like the message that probably said “Marcurio’s Storm Atronach” while Jerric was killing it. Yeah. After we figured out there were no more enemies and they regrouped back in the road, we began to get an idea what had happened. Jerric had given Darnand a bunch of stuff to carry, like their alchemy ingredients, soul gems, and all of their scrolls. Including J’zargo’s Flame Cloaks and their precious Summon Storm Atronach scroll. A glance into Darnand’s pack told the tale. He had used one of J’zargo’s scrolls. And the atronach one. After the assassin was dead.

Also the explosion from J’zargo’s scroll blew the loot Jerric had dropped all over the place and into the bushes. He found one iron dagger. Dammit!

But at least this time no one killed the dog.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post May 6 2012, 04:00 AM
Post #94

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ May 5 2012, 02:18 PM) *

<snip>

Sounds like it's time to use the power of Akatosh and reload the previous save.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Andrea
post May 8 2012, 02:29 PM
Post #95

Evoker

As Jessika has decided to go back to Cyrodiil, I have recently been my origional; companion in Skyrim, Joshua Lennox. Joshua is half Redguard, half Breton and he is a self names 'Marcher' (mage/archer). He is 18 years old (although the game insist's he looks about 30. Haha).

Joshua's back story is interesting and heartbreaking at times, I find it hard not to let my emotions for him get the better of me.

Joshua was shunned and disowned by his family (apart from his brother) when he told them about his preferance for men over women. Ever since then he has been on a journey to Skyrim to live with his aunt, who was the first person he told about his sexuality and treated him no different. I plan to write letters following his story that he will write to his brother recaping the events of his week. The first of these letters is below:

Dear Brother,

I made it too Skyrim just like I told you I would! It is beautiful here, but it is very cold. A bit too cold if you ask me.

You will never believe what I had to endure once I got here! I tried crossing the border, but I was captured along with a bunch of rebels called the Stormcloaks by some Imperials. Me? Mistaken for a rebel? Can you believe it!

I’m not sure exactly why we were captured; I was too scared to ask. All I know is that just as I was due for a close shave, a DRAGON attacked the village we were taken too! It was so cool! But extremely scary. The Stormcloak guys tried helping me escape, but they practically just threw me in the dragons way. They were probably hoping the Dragon would kill me and buy them time to escape, I don’t know. I don’t trust them.

Anyways I managed to escape the village with an Imperial soldier who then took me to this nice little village called Riverwood. The soldier invited me to stay with him and his family for a while, but I said no. Mainly just because I want to get to Auntie’s house as soon as possible. Before I left, however, the soldiers uncle asked me to go to the city of Whiterun and let the Jarl know about the dragon and to send troops to protect Riverwood.

So I headed to Whiterun and did just that. The Jarl’s housecarl was scary though. As soon as I entered the palace she started to chase me with a sword. Crazy.

Any who, once I did that I headed to the local Inn called The Bannered Mare. Did I have a peaceful evening? What do you think? Literally as soon as I sat down this Nord woman approached me, asking if I had a problem with her. No matter how many times I told her no she refused to believe me. She said I was looking at her funny. Eventually we settled our dispute with a good brawl (I knew all those fights back at home would come in handy). I managed to beat her, and she told me she was impressed with my skill. She also said that should I ever need a blade, she would join me on any journey.

I told Uthgerd, that was her name, of my plan to head to my aunt’s near Winterhold and she told me that seeing as she had some business in Winterhold that she had been putting off, now would be a perfect opportunity.

So now I'm heading to Winterhold with Uthgerd, but I’ll write to you again soon.

Joshua

This post has been edited by Andrea: May 9 2012, 11:46 AM
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post May 8 2012, 06:24 PM
Post #96

Mouth
Group Icon

hamster* YEA! Damn right, Andrea!!! I especially loved the part with the dark elf who protects the Jarl comes up to him! First time that happened to me, I got some serious goosebumps!

*rhymes with a popular aquatic waterfowl-type. wink.gif
+Quote Post
Andrea
post May 9 2012, 11:45 AM
Post #97

Evoker

Joshua Lennox letter #2

Dear Brother,

I have horrible news. Horrible, horrible news. I made it to Winterhold with Uthgerd and the journey was less than pleasant. We were attacked by a group of bandits that were posing as Imperial Soldiers asking for a fine of some sort. If it wasn’t for Uthgerd realising they were frauds I would have given them all my money. Luckily we managed to defeat them before any real damage was done.

Then as we continued we came across a couple of thieves looting the dead body of a Breton woman. We managed to defeat them. Uthgerd found a letter on the woman saying that the thieves stole a pendant from her and she was going to chase them down to get it back, but she failed. We thought it best to retrieve the amulet from the thief and place it on the woman out of respect.

We stopped to rest at a city called Windhelm. I don’t like that city. It’s racist and disgusting; they probably would kill me if they found out my secret.

Anyway we made it to Winterhold the next day and then headed right to Auntie’s lighthouse. Once we got there however things seemed pretty odd.

Cousin Sudi’s horse was dead outside, so we ran inside the lighthouse to see what was happening. That’s when I found aunt Ramati dead, the house trashed and blood was everywhere. Sudi and Mani were nowhere to be seen. There was a giant bug dead near Aunt Ramati’s body, which Uthgerd informed me was a Chaurus. We sound Sudi’s journal, and apparently the Chaurus came in through the basement.

We found the basement key and delved into the cavern below the lighthouse, apparently created but the Chaurus.

The cavern was filled with Chaurus and these weird, blind, elf things. We found Mani and Sudi dead in the cavern; Sudi appeared to have killed herself. We didn’t find uncle Habd until we reached the end of the cavern where we had to kill a super sized Chaurus. All that was left of Uncle was inside the beasts mouth; his head.

Uthgerd and I put the head in the lighthouse fire out of respect.

I don’t know what I’m going to do now. Ramati was my only hope for a stable home life, and now she and everyone are gone. I’m trying not to cry, she wouldn’t want that. I’ve avenged her death and that’s all I can do.

It would probably be best not to tell mother, as they are not on speaking terms and it will probably distress her. Should you need to tell her then go ahead; but until you do, don’t.

I’m at an inn in Winterhold as I write this. I have no idea what I’m going to do now. No idea at all.

I’ll write to you again very soon.

Joshua

This post has been edited by Andrea: May 9 2012, 11:45 AM
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post May 9 2012, 03:23 PM
Post #98

Mouth
Group Icon

There's a lighthouse in Winterhold? I'm wondering if I've missed it somehow. Or is that RP'd in?
+Quote Post
Andrea
post May 9 2012, 03:44 PM
Post #99

Evoker

the lighthouse is far west of Winterhold, between that and Dawnstar
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 9 2012, 10:23 PM
Post #100

Ancient
Group Icon

Ouch! poor Josh. That lighthouse was a real gut-wrencher the first time. It felt so good to go down in those tunnels and go on a killing spree among the Falmer and Chaurus'.

From the journal of Hrafngoelir

Ulfric was surprised to see the helm. I think he lost a bet with Galmar. But he was glad nonetheless. This will help prove that he is the rightful High King, once a Moot can be called to make a vote. We will have to drive the Imperials out before that can happen though, since they will never allow us Nords to choose our own rulers, not when those rulers stand up against the Thalmor.

Since I was there, Ulfric sent me on another mission right away. He gave me his axe, to deliver to Jarl Balgruuf of Whiterun. He was forcing Balgruuf to choose a side. The sly old snake has been playing off both sides until now, not declaring for one or the other. But no more, now we would see where his heart really lay: with Skyrim, or with the Empire.

I was not surprised when he turned me away, with the axe. I overheard his steward talking about cartloads of Imperial gold delivered to them, and calling for aid from General Tullius. I remember that fetcher. He was there at Helgen, when they tried to lop my noggin off. That Balgruuf would sooner have Tullius' gold then Skyrim's freedom was what I expected after what he said the first time I met him, that it was none of his business who the Imperials chose to execute. He doesn't give a damn about Skyrim, just his treasure chest.

As I left the city, I had a strange feeling. Everything seemed so quiet and peaceful, as people went about their business as if it were any other day. They did not hear the ravens croaking their doom. For I knew I would be returning soon, with the Stormcloak army. It makes me sad that the common people will have to suffer because of their Jarl's greed and selfishness. But if they fight for him, and his filthy Empire, then they have chosen their wyrd.

-Hrafn, on the road to Windhelm.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: May 9 2012, 10:28 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

132 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:12 AM