Total Votes: 17
Guests cannot vote 
SubRosa
post Feb 23 2013, 06:13 AM
Post #21

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Feb 22 2013, 10:40 PM) *

The Grey Wizard: Same idea as Igodah's game: The Grey Wizard became Arch Mage and followed this with the MQ; difference was he is Breton. He is also a male. My first male character in Cyrodiil.

On a completely different note, back in my pen and paper RPG days I once had a character named The Grey Mage. He was in a Shadowrun game, which is set in a dystopian cyberpunk style future. He started out as a mechanic named Wrecks. He and the other PCs were part of a biker gang, who went to the Tennessee countryside to lie low for a while after killing a lot of people. Wrecks found an old skeleton out in the woods (as in centuries old), which triggered a very cool experience where he and the other gangers relieved the Battle of Franklin as Confederate soldiers. Afterward Wrecks was not himself anymore (thanks to the GM letting me run with the idea of the soul of the dead Confederate officer that Wrecks had found merging with his own). He started talking in a southern accent, suddenly got a sense of honor, and became able to use magic. He donned a grey duster and hat, and became the Grey Mage.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 23 2013, 06:14 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Feb 23 2013, 06:18 AM
Post #22

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 22 2013, 11:13 PM) *

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Feb 22 2013, 10:40 PM) *

The Grey Wizard: Same idea as Igodah's game: The Grey Wizard became Arch Mage and followed this with the MQ; difference was he is Breton. He is also a male. My first male character in Cyrodiil.

On a completely different note, back in my pen and paper RPG days I once had a character named The Grey Mage. He was in a Shadowrun game, which is set in a dystopian cyberpunk style future. He started out as a mechanic named Wrecks. He and the other PCs were part of a biker gang, who went to the Tennessee countryside to lie low for a while after killing a lot of people. Wrecks found an old skeleton out in the woods (as in centuries old), which triggered a very cool experience where he and the other gangers relieved the Battle of Franklin as Confederate soldiers. Afterward Wrecks was not himself anymore (thanks to the GM letting me run with the idea of the soul of the dead Confederate officer that Wrecks had found merging with his own). He started talking in a southern accent, suddenly got a sense of honor, and became able to use magic. He donned a grey duster and hat, and became the Grey Mage.

Oh cool!!!! The most interesting thing I've ever done during a tabletop RPG is sit down and crochet in the middle of the battle.

It worked. XD

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 23 2013, 09:53 AM
Post #23

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Feb 23 2013, 04:40 AM) *

I just think it's kinda neat how I initially hated dealing with Oblivion gates, to tolerating them, to finally enjoying them.

Interesting to follow your gaming history like that, Renee. I donīt think Iīve done that before smile.gif

QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 23 2013, 05:36 AM) *

I was surprised to learn that non-Champions of Cyrodiil were in the majority in my household. Two out of three Oblivion players here have not completed the MQ. One has not even started it.

When did I start to live in your house? cool.gif

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Feb 23 2013, 05:53 AM) *

I don't think I could ever NOT do a main quest.

And I could never not NOT do it! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Feb 23 2013, 09:53 AM

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Feb 23 2013, 12:35 PM
Post #24

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 22 2013, 11:13 PM) *

On a completely different note, back in my pen and paper RPG days I once had a character named The Grey Mage..... He donned a grey duster and hat, and became the Grey Mage.

Oh wow! .... that's quite a story. I remember seeing Shadowrun on the shelves but i've never played it.

MY very first Tabletop character (created when I was 15 or 16 perhaps) was The Blue Wizard; I wasn't very original with my character names back then. laugh.gif The Grey Wizard was created partially just to see The Blue Wizar d come to life from my imagination to 3D.

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Feb 23 2013, 12:18 AM) *

Oh cool!!!! The most interesting thing I've ever done during a tabletop RPG is sit down and crochet in the middle of the battle.

laugh.gif Did you have a "DM" (dungeon master)? And did this DM freak out? laugh.gif

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 23 2013, 03:53 AM) *

Interesting to follow your gaming history like that, Renee. I donīt think Iīve done that before smile.gif

wink.gif

QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 23 2013, 05:36 AM) *

I was surprised to learn that non-Champions of Cyrodiil were in the majority in my household. Two out of three Oblivion players here have not completed the MQ. One has not even started it.

I can't speak for others here, but in my case my characters and I keep hearing "the Oblivion crises is happening!" from Jauffre & company. Really? It is? Where? When? Assuming my characters never go to Kvatch (which some of them see as a 'waste of time', since they've already heard it's "burned to the ground" anyways) there is no real reason to deal with the MQ at all.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Feb 23 2013, 12:45 PM
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Feb 23 2013, 12:50 PM
Post #25

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 20 2013, 02:24 PM) *

But back then I thought it could happen to Bruma and I was terrified of that! I loved Bruma and didnīt want anything to happen to it by progressing through the MQ.

Technically some things do happen to Bruma (sorry to spoil this for ya) although in the vanilla game the town doesn't get completely razed. some bad things do happen to it, though, if the MQ is followed.

OTOH, seeing my character cheered by all those NPCs as he made his way though Bruma just before the big showdown was one of the most epic moments in TES: IV.

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 23 2013, 05:55 PM
Post #26

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Feb 23 2013, 12:50 PM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 20 2013, 02:24 PM) *

But back then I thought it could happen to Bruma and I was terrified of that! I loved Bruma and didnīt want anything to happen to it by progressing through the MQ.

Technically some things do happen to Bruma (sorry to spoil this for ya) although in the vanilla game the town doesn't get completely razed. some bad things do happen to it, though, if the MQ is followed.

No worries, dearest. You didnīt spoil anything. As I never plan to do the MQ anyway it doesnīt matter. I pretty much know most of what happens already, but I donīt think I knew about the stuff happening to Bruma. Aside from the things that happens through the Mages Guild questline, what does happen to Bruma? And I donīt mean the statue wink.gif

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Feb 23 2013, 12:50 PM) *

seeing my character cheered by all those NPCs as he made his way though Bruma just before the big showdown was one of the most epic moments in TES: IV.

I can imagine that smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Feb 25 2013, 12:18 AM
Post #27

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 23 2013, 11:55 AM) *

Aside from the things that happens through the Mages Guild questline, what does happen to Bruma? And I donīt mean the statue wink.gif

Several gates open up nearby, and one of them sits near Bruma's east gate, which creates an eyesore. When we close gates in the vanilla game, there is always a 'husk' that is left behind. Ugly, some might say. Some NPCs also die, but I'm not going to remember which ones.

And there's just a general commotion that Bruma experiences, as the one gate opens up right outside. I'm sure Lothran would be able to handle it, but it might be disturbing to you to view Bruma's NPCs freaking out and stuff.

There's probably some other things I'm not remembeing ATM.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Feb 25 2013, 12:19 AM
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 25 2013, 12:46 AM
Post #28

Councilor
Group Icon

Wrecked siege engine out in a meadow. kvleft.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 25 2013, 04:41 PM
Post #29

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I knew about the siege crawler (or whatever), I thought something happened to Bruma itself, within the walls.

Yeah, those gates wouldnīt be more than a shrug for Lothran, but we would both hate the remains to Oblivion and beyond!

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Feb 25 2013, 07:20 PM
Post #30

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 25 2013, 10:41 AM) *

I knew about the siege crawler (or whatever), I thought something happened to Bruma itself, within the walls.

Something probably does, I'm just not remembering what it is, though.

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 25 2013, 07:51 PM
Post #31

Ancient
Group Icon

There is a certain statue of a certain person that is added to Bruma after a certain point in the main quest.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Feb 25 2013, 08:09 PM
Post #32

Master
Group Icon

Apart from the crawler & remains of the gate outside and the statue inside, nothing gets changed inside Bruma if I recall correctly.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 25 2013, 08:25 PM
Post #33

Councilor
Group Icon

If I'm remembering the original Bruma correctly (I run Open Cities Reborn, which changes it completely) there was nothing where the statue gets added, so you can console-disable it to restore the appearance. It takes two commands, as the statue and its base are separate items.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
tegeus-Cromis
post Sep 8 2015, 08:49 PM
Post #34

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 25 2013, 08:25 PM) *

If I'm remembering the original Bruma correctly (I run Open Cities Reborn, which changes it completely) there was nothing where the statue gets added, so you can console-disable it to restore the appearance. It takes two commands, as the statue and its base are separate items.

Oh, that damn statue. I can never get it to work right, I know that in theory it's supposed to show you in the finest, most expensive weapons and stuff you're carrying, but it never seems to work like that for me. (And besides, how is your character supposed to be worrying about how they're sculpted just before a battle?) The worst case I had was when the game produced two statues interlocked with each other, but one rotated by 45 degs, now that was a weird sight.

So, from the above, yes, I find it really hard to resist doing the MQ, partly because I actually like closing gates. But Sean Bean's voice is sort of soothing too, so it's nice to pop into CRT for a quick chat and a cuppa now and then...

And, this has given me an idea for an Imperial City House of Wax, like Madame Tussaud's but with Cyrodiilic celebrities, living and dead, posed in dramatic tableaux. (Run by a demented proprietor resembling a certain V. Price, of course. And now, I think, it has a plot, another one for the notebook where it will likely stay...)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:46 PM