Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

103 Pages V « < 91 92 93 94 95 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your projects, what are you working on in your free time?
mALX
post Aug 12 2021, 04:59 PM
Post #1841

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jun 28 2021, 02:57 PM) *

Project: Acquire Clothes Washer / Dryer

Purchased a matching pair at Home Depot this morning, during my weekly errand run. The shame is that the units I bought were $100US cheaper per-unit just two-three weeks ago, when I originally planned to buy them. Got sidetracked by health issues. Thus the delay. Potentially a plus, I bought Consumer Reports' highest rated pair in my price bracket. Was able to apply a $50 discount for making a two-unit purchase, and got a 10% military discount on, not the units, but the accessories required for installation. The price reduction is hardly noticeable, but every little bit helps. Delivery and install is scheduled for mid-July. I could have scheduled a week earlier, but have a number of important (?) medical tests that week. Didn't want to risk a conflict.

Project: Trim weed bush/trees blocking my front door.

Having torn a connection point between rib and left pectoral while pruning small tree limbs a while back, I don't dare use my pruning shears for the job. I arranged to borrow my bro's power saw. His house was my first stop this morning. Only after arriving there did he mention that he'd "sort of abused the saw when he last used it". Abused? It was wrecked beyond salvation. Totally destroyed. With almost the whole of my discretionary funds tied up in the washer / dryer purchase, I have none left to buy myself a saw or other suitable device. Yet I must have that passageway cleared prior to washer / dryer delivery.

Gaaaah, you are not having a lucky month!

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jul 1 2021, 09:40 AM) *

Project: create walkable passage from front porch to walkway
This is a project I'd rather have not tackled anytime soon, what with worry over my not-yet-healed torn Pectoral/Rib connection point. But a planted bush and two weed-bushes in that same spot have grown to where I can't reach the walkway without walking through branches/limbs. Worse, I need that passageway totally cleared before my washer and dryer are delivered.

I began right after today's daily exercise-walk and worked at it well over an hour. Managed to remove pretty much all the obstruction coming from one side. I gave out before tackling the other side. Thankfully, there's not all that much to remove on that side.

An issue is that what I did is a drop in the bucket compared to what needs to be done with the larger bush row. Also, I have nowhere to put the cuttings except my driveway, which is where they are now. As to the bush row, I'd as soon nuke it to the ground and be done with it permanently, but admit I waited too late in life to tackle that project on my own.

Where's Waldo Decrepit in this picture?

IPB Image

We've been trimming our yard up the last few months too. Can't tell which part is worse: the sore arms from being raised in that position for the trimming or the dragging the fallen brush out to the street. I don't envy you that job at all.

Really sorry to hear about your torn pec/rib! I hope you heal from that fast and without issues sad.gif

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jul 1 2021, 11:28 AM) *

It seems my next project will be to delete all my mods from the Nexus. They've made a grab for control of all mods uploaded - see here - and if I don't remove mine within that one month period, then effective control is in the hands of the "curators of collections" aka brokers,, who will hereafter decide what mods people use.

There are so many unintended consequences of what they're proposing. Updates to mods will get suppressed, because they break the package, for example. I could go on, but read for yourselves.

I make mods for my own use. If I think others could benefit from them, I put them where they can be found, for free. I do put some effort into helping others use them, but not too much, so I don't expect any return other than the availability of other creators' mods in exchange.

Bit if the brokerage model is replacing the swap-meet one, then I'm out.

Grrrrrrr. This doesn't sound good at all!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 12 2021, 05:21 PM
Post #1842

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 11 2021, 12:25 PM) *

Just got notified that my new machine should arrive on Monday 16th August, so I am looking for the wallpaper. It will get named for a state, beginning with M, so I need a panorama image (triple monitor-spanning). That makes Montana likely, as it has the scenic in abundance.

However, any other M-state images could make me change me change my mind.

WOO HOO! I can't wait till you are back at the Guild Meetings! Your nude characters are always missed! laugh.gif

You've already picked the best one for panoramic scenic views. Next best would be Maine, of course = Maine always has great scenes that stretch out.

Other than that there is always Michigan (SubRosa's home base) if you want a panoramic city scape.

For panoramic scenic views don't even bother looking at:

Massachusetts
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Aug 12 2021, 09:04 AM) *

Possible Long-Duration Project:

During the mid-late 1970s I became rather proficient at the Recorder (instrument), at the amateur level. I could play many Baroque-period sonatas and the like, so long as they weren't written in the more difficult keys (lots of flats or sharps). I retained my 'chops' through the late 1980s, then more or less abandoned the instrument. I'd occasionally pick it up every now-and-again and run through a few pieces. While my technique deteriorated over time, I at least retained knowledge of the basics.

The other day I picked it up again, after a lapse of too many years. Not only has my technique deteriorated to the point that sixteenth notes have to be played as slow quarter notes, but I can't even remember all the fingerings!

The instruments I played back in the day were cheap, low quality junk. I threw most of them away over time, so that yesterday only one Soprano Recorder remained.

Here's where idiocy comes to the fore. I've ordered a new Alto Recorder off Amazon, thinking to resume 'serious' practice. I doubt anything will come of it. I'll likely toot on it a day or two, then store it in a closet the rest of unnatural life. At $37US it will be far from my most frivolous/wasteful purchase.

The gist of it is that if I 'do' stick with it, practicing Recorder will become a long-term project.

Oh, that is awesome that you are getting back into your music! I hope you make some recordings of it for us!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 12 2021, 07:11 PM
Post #1843

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 12 2021, 08:45 AM) *

Good on ya, Decrepit. Like harmonicas, recorders are notably more affordable and portable than say. . . the piano.

More affordable for sure! I regret never having taken up piano. But... my fingers simply aren't long enough to do it justice. I learned that uncomfortable truth decades ago.

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 12 2021, 11:21 AM) *

Oh, that is awesome that you are getting back into your music! I hope you make some recordings of it for us!
Ummmmm...maybe when pigs fly.

My new Alto Recorder arrived this morning. Surprised myself in getting in well over an hour of practice right after lunch! Man am I rusty. That's putting it politely. VERY politely. I tried producing a few test-notes just prior to eating. All that came out were squawks of indefinite pitch. And that's with the few notes I remembered fingerings for. Absolutely pathetic!

For official practice, I relied on one of my old standard Recorder technique books: Scales, Arpeggios and Exercises for the Recorder, by Margaret & Robert Donington. Turned to the "F" Recorder section (Sopranino, Alto, Bass), which begins halfway through the book. Of necessity, I confined myself to its first four exercises. Extremely short exercises. Two of two full bars duration, with an added quarter-note at the end. Two of one-bar duration with the added quarter-note. All four are marked "very easy". Not for me! Not at first.

The first is a partial C-major scale: middle-C up to G, back down to middle-C, in eighth-notes. Next exercise is the same thing except in G-major.

Exercise three is a full G-major scale, in sixteenth notes. Four is a one-octive Common Chord in G-major.

It was rough going! Starting out, I had problems getting the notes to speak at all. Nor was I used to the proper stretch needed to reach the keys. Both those took some time to overcome, to the limited extent I overcame them. One discovered issue I can't overcome: I no longer of the lung capacity to player for more than a couple of bars before stopping to catch my breath.

An unforeseen roadblock with a happy ending: Neither my 'normal' bifocals nor my el-cheapo Grocery-store computer glasses focus at the right distance for me to read music. Too close for one, too far away for the other. I then recalled that I have a pair of expensive prescription computer glasses sitting unused on a shelf. They focus at 2-2 1/2ft distance. My computer sits 3-3 1/2 away. Sure enough, those otherwise worthless glasses are perfect for music reading!

Anyway, I started out needed to play everything as if it was written as slow quarter-notes rather than eighth and sixteenth notes. By the end of practice, I could play eighth notes reasonably well at a decent tempo. Sixteenth notes are still a struggle at tempo. The arpeggio still gives me more trouble than it ought to, but is far better than when I started. In the three scale-run exercises, I even got it a little double- and triple-tonguing near the end.

Though none of these exercises require thumb-rolling, I felt my thumb naturally resuming its long-ago correct position as I practiced. This will hopefully make 'rolling' easier when I need it. <crosses fingers>

Once my left thumb assumed semi proper positioning, I realized that I had totally forgotten that that thumbnail must be kept extremely short for Recorder work.

The session ended when my 'recorder-thumb' became overly sore. It'll eventually toughen-up if I stick with it.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Aug 12 2021, 07:53 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 13 2021, 07:04 PM
Post #1844

Master
Group Icon

Practiced somewhere between an-hour-and-a-half and an-hour-forty-five right after lunch. Same method book. I've expanded the number of exercises I play, or rather attempt to play. After a poor start, I found the exercises begun yesterday have become easier. Exercises added today are hit-or-miss. Sometimes I make it through them relatively unscathed. Other times, it's a mess.

Only today do I realize that part of my problem is that I have all but forgotten how to read music. It doesn't help that the Alto Recorder is pitched in "F", while the music it plays is written in standard treble-clef "C". Thus, the Alto is a transposing instrument. This didn't phase me back in the day. Now, I sometime forget and play a note or notes as if they are written for an "F" instrument (such as modern French Horn, which are normally pitched in "F" and 'normally' read parts already transposed). I'm likely not explaining this well, being out of practice at this sort of thing. In any case, Recorder music reading will hopefully work itself out over time.

I had forgotten that I'm quite the condensation producer. I constantly had to stop and remove it as the bore became too clogged to produce acceptable, stable tone, especially its low right-hand notes.

Intonation on this new Recorder is, to the limited extent I can judge such things, better than my old Recorders. Either that, or my hearing has deteriorated to the point that I'm much less able to notice pitch variance than I was back in the day.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 16 2021, 09:34 PM
Post #1845

Master
Group Icon

I've gotten in around an-hour-and-a-half worth of Recorder practice each of these past three days. The first of those (day three) was absolutely abysmal. Couldn't play a darn thing correctly. Abandoned the exercises begun day two and confine myself to day-one's four "very easy" exercises. Day four was better than both day one and three, but nowhere close to day two. Several, but not all, of the exercised jettisoned day three were restored. Today, day five, was all over the place. I did well one minute, then went to pieces the next. I didn't abandon any exercises, but maybe I should have.

Project wise, I believe I forgot to mention that balancing last month's checking account statement with my computerized expense register was a fiasco. Took nearly an hour! The month contained more incorrect amount entries than I usually make over a several year period. Correcting those was bothersome, but nothing more than monkey-work. What ate up the bulk of that hour is that, once all entries were 'correct', I was still off by around $8US. It didn't help that I had 'giggled the books' a bit, splitting several big-ticket purchases between multiple budget categories. That's where I assumed the problem lay. Doubling checking those transactions at least three times, I found nothing amiss. Went over my bank statement several more times. Still $8US off. I was at my nitwits end, and out of ideas. Then, BINGO, I saw my error. I had somehow added in a $8US expense that fell four days AFTER my bank statement ends. With that removed, Voilà!, statement balanced to the penny, as it always is.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 18 2021, 01:26 PM
Post #1846

Master
Group Icon

Project: Daily Exercise-Walks

0630. Dressed. Transferred ID (Driver's License) to shorts pocket. Stuck in upper partial. Grabbed umbrella. Grabbed keys-on-neck-rope. Opened and step through front door. Steady rain. Streets partly submerged. Walk delayed, very possibly abandoned for the day. I'll keep an eye on things. Should rain let up enough to allow streets to sufficiently drain prior to it becoming too hot, I'll get in my walk.

ADDENDUM: Immediately after posting, I looked out the window. Rain reduced to light sprinkle. Streets lightly waterlogged, but navigable. Grabbed umbrella and key-rope. Opened front door and stepped outside. Opened umbrella. Got in my exercise-walk! smile.gif Had a forced pause a bit before the halfway point when a construction truck temporarily blocked the street. Precipitation ceased at around the two-thirds point. With not terribly far to go, heavy rain suddenly set in, and persisted for the duration. Took a bit of foresight and luck to keep up my pace while avoiding the worst of the expanding water pockets covering our streets. Once home, I stored the umbrella, dried off, and immediately took a heart reading: BP 101/66, Pulse 77. (More or less normal for me.)

Project: Recorder Practice

Got in two practice sessions yesterday (and the day before). Yesterday's first went reasonably well. Afternoon practice was atrocious. Worst session since day-three. Couldn't get through any exercise without botching it. I think what discourages me most is the realization that, after nearly a week of consistent practice, I've made not an ounce of progress toward re-learning to read printed music. I'm not giving up. Not without a fight.

Project: Prepare YouTube video episodes

I have raw footage and still images (for openings and endings) for at least three TpF1 and two TS2021 episodes in-the-can. It's just a matter of coming up with an opening text-monologue and video text narrative. That's my issue. Much of my footage was captured a month or more ago. In all this time, I've come up with absolutely nothing to say. Or, in some cases, 'how' to say what I want to convey.

Project: Lose Weight

I've held more or less steady at 150lbs for weeks now, maybe several months. I've still got quite the belly, and noticeable 'man t*ts'. I need to hit 135lbs to more-or-less resolve that, but am being 'realistic' and setting my goal for 140lbs. That's what I weighed between circa 2000 and mid 2019. I'd of course prefer to drop lower. But to do so in the past required far more physical exertion than my health now permits.

(Wait! I was NOT 140lb circa 2000. I was the heaviest I've ever been my entire life in 1999, when my months long battle with pneumonic began. In just two-three months I dropped from 199 to 118 (the least I ever weighed). I stayed 118 for some time after finally beating pneumonia, gradually rose to 140, then remained there (discounting a few quickly-lost increases to 145+) until mid 2019.)

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Aug 18 2021, 02:29 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 23 2021, 01:24 AM
Post #1847

Master
Group Icon

Projects: Create TS2021 YouTube video episode

Raw video footage and image stills were captured some time ago. Yesterday evening I used those, plus a couple of music selections from MusOpen.org, to create a non-narrated 'episode'. Spent most of today adding text narrative, creating a YouTube Description and Tags, and fine-tuning the whole. (To my happy surprise, I had already created a custom thumbnail for it, lacking only final conversion from .PNG to .JPG.) Truth to tell, what I uploaded could definitely stand another solid day of narration tinkering. I don't feel like devoting more time to it. Should I change my mind, the episode is not scheduled to publish until Saturday, Aug 28, more than enough time to remove the upload and start afresh.

Project: Recorder Practice

Well, I gave it my best shot, and came up short. Actually, my too-frequent musical setbacks are not what led me to abandon the project, frustrating as those setbacks were. Rather, playing recorder seems to have adverse effects on my health. I was experiencing ever-worsening 'head pressure' and pain at the back of my head where skull meets neck. I stopped practicing at the end of yesterday's final (of three) practice sessions. I feel noticeable better today, in regard to the symptoms mentioned above. The sad thing is that, somewhat to my amazement, I actually enjoy practicing recorder, despite coming to realize that some aspects of my old forgotten skills are never coming back, practice or no practice. Oh well, c'est la vie.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 23 2021, 03:53 PM
Post #1848

Master
Group Icon

Well poot.

Watching the local copy of my currently processing YouTube video this morning, I noticed an unforgivable narrative blurb, where I incorrectly contradict a statement made early on. I don't feel I can let that stand. Thus, I'll delete the YouTube vid and start afresh, after correcting my local copy. I'll then re-upload the corrected vid. Since description, tags and thumbnail are stored on my computer, re-doing those isn't much of a bother.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 23 2021, 04:15 PM
Post #1849

Councilor
Group Icon

Now I have my new workstation, it’s time decide what to do with all the mods I removed from Nexusmods. There are about 30, for games from Daggerfall to Skyrim SE. I can host the downloads myself, but I need a discussion board for user issues, and I’m unwilling to do that on my server, which I prefer to have read-only. Does anyone have a suggestion?

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 23 2021, 04:37 PM
Post #1850

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 23 2021, 11:15 AM) *

Now I have my new workstation, it’s time decide what to do with all the mods I removed from Nexusmods. There are about 30, for games from Daggerfall to Skyrim SE. I can host the downloads myself, but I need a discussion board for user issues, and I’m unwilling to do that on my server, which I prefer to have read-only. Does anyone have a suggestion?

You can list your mods on our "Mods" forum here, can't you? Start your own thread; and that would open up a place for discussions about it right on here. It just might hinder anyone not a member here who wanted to discuss your mods with you.

Oh, we have the Discord too; which would make discussing them easier. I can open up a Voice Channel on there and call it "Ghastley" or something.

This post has been edited by mALX: Aug 23 2021, 04:39 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 24 2021, 02:19 PM
Post #1851

Master
Group Icon

More stupidity from me:

Discovering contradictory text in my then-processing YouTube TS2021 episode, I deleted it and uploaded a corrected version. This is well known. What I have not yet divulged is that, late yesterday evening, I noticed two text mistakes in the 'corrected' upload. Typical mistakes for me. The sort I normally let pass once a video is uploaded.

Not this time. First thing this morning, I corrected my local copy and rendered a new upload file. Right after breakfast, before heading out for today's exercise-walk, I deleted the still-processing second upload, began uploading render three, and filled out all YouTube data I normally input. Returning from my exercise-walk, before cleaning CPAP equipment, I did the two things I couldn't do until upload completed; add an "End-Screen" and add the video to my Train Simulator Playlist.

Me being me, I'm sure I'll eventually notice yet more text mistakes as I continue to watch my local copy. My hope is that, from this point forward, I'll do as I normally do and regretfully ignore them, other than correct the local copy. I can't afford to be a perfectionist. I'd get nothing done whatsoever!

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Aug 30 2021, 11:55 PM
Post #1852

Mouth
Group Icon

There was a time when I could replace washers to fix a leaky faucet. It seems that those days are long gone.

1. Hot water pedestal basin single tap was leaking with a very fast drip. After I tried to replace washer well it no longer drips. There’s no water flow at all.

2. Bathtub 3-spindle tap and shower with same problem. I could get the handle off to be able pull out the spindle. After a half hour of fussing with it now leaks faster than it did before.

Should have called a plumber to begin with.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 31 2021, 09:04 PM
Post #1853

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ Aug 30 2021, 05:55 PM) *

There was a time when I could replace washers to fix a leaky faucet. It seems that those days are long gone.

1. Hot water pedestal basin single tap was leaking with a very fast drip. After I tried to replace washer well it no longer drips. There’s no water flow at all.

2. Bathtub 3-spindle tap and shower with same problem. I could get the handle off to be able pull out the spindle. After a half hour of fussing with it now leaks faster than it did before.

Should have called a plumber to begin with.

I empathize. More and more stuff I used to handle on my own is now beyond me. Leaky faucets included, except the very simplest repairs. (My bathroom sink faucet, for instance, is super easy. The kitchen sink faucet, on the other hand, is more than I can handle.)

PROJECT: balance/reconcile Aug computerized checking account ledger with bank statement

As with last month, this month proved a time-consuming pain in the rump. Only one incorrectly typed ledger entry this time, quickly noticed and corrected, I'm pleased to say. ($5.28 instead of the correct $2.58) That out of the way, I was still off just over $30. Double-checked all ledger entries. Amounts A-OK. Searching (via computer) for a transaction in the amount I was off found nothing. In the end, my mistake was akin to last month's, only less obvious. Once noticed, it was an easy fix. It just took way too long to notice.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Aug 31 2021, 09:07 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Sep 1 2021, 03:55 AM
Post #1854

Mouth
Group Icon

Round two: Bathtub hot water faucet will not shut off. I was talked into giving it one more try. Put on some calming music and it went better. Four hours later; the new spindel may be a bit too long and chrome spindel sleeve my not fit perfectly but the hot water shuts off and no longer drips.

Only cost me $49 in parts and special wrenches, and three trips to the hardware store. Unfortunately I couldn’t get the badly corroded internal valve seat out. Which means I may be replacing a washer fairly soon and often.

We’re looking into to redoing the bath fixtures in the near future. I just hope this patch job last until then. And I’m not doing the rehab!

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Sep 3 2021, 12:52 PM
Post #1855

Mouth
Group Icon

I had a week off and we spent some time planting the garden. We've only moved into this house a couple of years ago, and both the front and the back garden needed an overhaul. With the hard landscaping finished, it was now our turn to work (as opposed to the builders): planting. Hard work, that. Not mixing well with arthritis, either. So, we only do a little at a time. But I combined it with some other building work - rebuilding Kvatch. None of the mods that I found did what I wanted, as usual, so roll up your sleeves and get building. A bit in the garden, a bit in the computer. Goes together well. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
treydog
post Sep 5 2021, 05:34 PM
Post #1856

Master
Group Icon

Not-so-secret rewrite project:

Book 1- No change. Haven't looked at the draft, because work is being done on other things. ™ 91800 words

Book 2- No change. Still waiting on the final few thousand words in one scene, at which point I will be able to begin revising and moving pieces around to "interweave" the narrators. 98200 words- 96% complete.

Book 3- Main focus of my efforts of late. Adding (and modifying) existing work to fit the new concept. Also just added 3500 words of completely new material. All of which brings the total to 44000.

Long-term projection (subject to changing- or losing- my mind)- 6 to 7 books, with attendant anthology(s) of shorter pieces for background or because they don't fit anywhere else.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Sep 8 2021, 05:37 PM
Post #1857

Master
Group Icon

Project: Create, upload and publish new TS2021 video episode

Worked on creating video and description all yesterday afternoon and much of the evening. (Its thumbnail had been created the day before.) Uploaded it a bit prior to bedtime. Then, disaster hit. The video's outro music received a Copyright Claim notice. As with my previous Claim, this one is provably bogus. However, I didn't feel up to doing the research to create a convincing challenge, that I likely won't win despite being in the right. Instead, I simply deleted the video.

After this morning's exercise-walk, I removed the offending music and substituted a piece I know will not be Claimed, as I used it in an earlier TS2021 episode. I'm not happy with the substitution. My original pick fit the ending much better than its replacement. It is what it is. My local copy is uncorrected. That's what I'll watch. (I will, however, watching the YouTube HD version once prior to publication to insure nothing is amiss.)

SNAFU 2: YouTube, for some reason, couldn't save the video's description. The same description it had no issues with the night before. Took a good bit of time to figure out what was amiss. Turns out it was four of my 'quotation marks'. I retyped those, exactly where they were. Voila, description savable. Go figure.

The video is scheduled to publish Saturday. If 1440p processes soon enough, I might move it forward to Friday.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Sep 16 2021, 01:17 PM
Post #1858

Master
Group Icon

Project: Create TS2021 YouTube episode

This should have been a walk in the park, being a continuation of the drive begun the previous episode. Video creation was indeed quick and easy. I simply renamed the prior episode, deleted the drive itself, but kept all intro and outro material in place. I then inserted the drive's raw footage again and edited out the portion of it seen last episode. A few needed changes to title and intro scrolling text and voilà, done. Having time on my hands, I even replaced the prior episode's outro music with something a tad more suitable.

Here's where I hit a brick wall. . . text narrative. I said pretty much all that needs saying during part one. There's nothing to add except redundancy. Yet I need to say something. Push come to shove, I'll recap the locomotive's history, more or less word for word. That at least serves a legitimate purpose.

--------------------
+Quote Post
treydog
post Sep 19 2021, 03:01 PM
Post #1859

Master
Group Icon

Writing Project

Book 1- Final draft, sulking in a corner until I am ready to publish

Book 2- 95% complete; 98k words. Printed for proofreading and moving pieces around, all in hopes that will aid in producing the final needed writing.

Book 3- 47k words. Progressing nicely, which is of course why I hit "Pause" in order to fiddle with Book 2.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Sep 25 2021, 05:43 PM
Post #1860

Master
Group Icon

Project: Create/Publish new TS2021 video

I cranked this one out in record time. Began creating a presentable video from existing raw footage yesterday. Had nearly completed a first draft, minus only its closing two or three minutes, in draft form, by the time I shut down the PC and hit the sack. Spent this morning, discounting breakfast and an exercise-walk, finishing it. Well, as finished as my videos ever are, meaning it lacks polish and likely contains typos and text brain-farts. Whipped out a YT description after lunch, easily done since I can reuse much of the text from my previous episode. Almost for forgot to mention that I'd created a thumbnail for it three or four days ago.

It's uploading as I type. It won't go 'live' until next Saturday, a week from today, at the soonest. I've found it better, viewer-count wise, to publish no more frequently than once every other week, so might hold out and publish 9 Oct. Then again, if I'm wrong about being exempt from YT's coming 1 Nov Studio 2-step verification requirement, posting next week will give me time for more uploads before my YT non-career screeches to a halt.

ADDENDUM:
I should have known. My processing video's opening music, obtained from an online site that specializes in free-to-use, royalty & copyright free music/recordings, with few if any use restrictions, depending on individual selection, got hit with a copyright claim. This time I feel like disputing it, but know it's 'very' dangerous to do so. All it takes is disputing a claim with a scam claimer. Since YouTube allows the claimer to be judge & jury, I'd likely be hosed, hit with a Copying Strike. Not a good thing. Not at all. I just sent an email to OpenMus.org, where the music comes from, asking their advice. If I don't hear back from them. I've a few days to file the dispute, so have time to mull it over.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Sep 25 2021, 08:23 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

103 Pages V « < 91 92 93 94 95 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:54 PM