Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ES V Announced Warning some spoilers., Here came the enws we were all waiting on.
Tellie
post Jun 4 2010, 12:48 AM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

Planetelderscrolls

Well this is it, I'm not sure how the game will be seeing as there is a new development team and all, but hopefully they learnt something from the massive critics ES IV recieved and will hopefully make a game that is much more satisfying when it comes to Lore and plotline...I certainly has nothing against it being in Summerset, though I still prefer the varied deadly wilderness of Vvardefell compared to any other game I've played.

Hmm...who knows perhaps the Gods *coughAdminscough* will rename the page to Waiting4Alinor this time tongue.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 4 2010, 01:29 AM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

Summerset Isle then? I am game for it. However seeing this:
"brings exactly the type of fast-paced, easy-to-grasp action that our fans are looking for."

Makes it look like they are going to dumb it down from even Oblivion's level of dumbed-downness.

The more I think about it, the more I would like to see an ES game that is set in the era of the 1st Empire, after Alessia has taken the Imperial City, but before the Impies have conquered all of Cyrodiil. Since the Last King of the Ayleids was around at the battle of Glenumbria Moors, that leaves a few centuries of breathing room. For questlines the character could join either the Alessians or Ayleids, and have different things to do and rewards for either. Throw in some Mage Houses to replace the Mages Guild and have a questline for each. Add in a few others, and I think it would be an interesting game.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post Jun 4 2010, 05:49 AM
Post #3

Knower
Group Icon

Woooh! Finally, they announced it!! I am so excited about it, so much so that I could kiss a daedroth!

And Summerset Isle? Hopefully, we can see if the rumors of baby killing are true!

Seriously, though. I hope they make it like Morrowind, lots of places with sparse travelling. Only with foot or horse, with no fast travelling. It will make the game more exciting!

--------------------
Djinn: What wish would you like to have, young master?
Random dude: SUPA POWAZ!
--
Djinn: Is there anything I could make true, lord?
Old guy: .. Youth and charisma.
--
Djinn: Your heart speaks of wanting. I could make it true, milord.
Me: Hmmm. I wish to know what I want. Then you could hook me up in some insidious deal, spirit.
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Jun 4 2010, 09:25 AM
Post #4

Mouth
Group Icon

Alinor is an interesting choice. Remember, it is the capital of the Summurset Isles and is supposed to be the ‘most beautiful city in the world.’ Depending on the version you read, it is made entirely of glass or insect wings. It probably won’t pay to be an Imperial in the new game. Alinor was the sight of Tiber Septim’s final conquest of Tamriel. Legend holds that Numidium took the city in a manner of minutes.

In addition to my fondest wish that we can venture to the Isle of Artaeum and that the Psijic Order has a questline; here’s hoping that the new developer takes a hard look at the battle system, reintroduces the crossbow, spear, and medium armor, gives you the option to wear armor over clothing, and gives us back unarmored as a trainable skill!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Olen
post Jun 4 2010, 09:56 AM
Post #5

Mouth
Group Icon

Hmmm... To be honest I'm surprised they're releasing it so soon, I would have thought they would wait until console hardware caught up with PCs a bit more. And it's being made by Armor Games.... I'll reserve judgement seeing as Crush the Castle was great but I'm not impressed with a lot fo their stuff. Also having it on the wii is odd, I wonder if it will be a different version seeing as the wii is underpowered even compared to the xbox 360.

Still I'm all for the setting, there's more interesting lore about summerset isle than about Skyrim which I believe was the previous thought and I do hope they read enough of it to produce something more lore friendly than oblivion. Should be a good place to play a magical character anyway.

As far as what I'd like to see... More imagination like there was in Morrowind and less generic old world of oblivion (maybe bring back guar...) and sufficent wastelands. Ditch the fast travel system in preferance for boats, magic (bring back intervention and mark/recall) and the like and get rid of that magic compass (I know mods can do this but it makes the game unplayable because no one tells you where things are).

Either way I'll give it a play.

--------------------
Look behind you and see an ever decreasing number of ghosts. Currently about 15.
+Quote Post
Burnt Sierra
post Jun 4 2010, 02:21 PM
Post #6

Two Headed cat
Group Icon

You sure that's legit? Look at the date at the top...
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post Jun 4 2010, 02:53 PM
Post #7

Knower
Group Icon

Is this the part where we laugh at each other? But still, that was one brutal (something something)!! Cruel, sheer cruelty!

--------------------
Djinn: What wish would you like to have, young master?
Random dude: SUPA POWAZ!
--
Djinn: Is there anything I could make true, lord?
Old guy: .. Youth and charisma.
--
Djinn: Your heart speaks of wanting. I could make it true, milord.
Me: Hmmm. I wish to know what I want. Then you could hook me up in some insidious deal, spirit.
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Jun 4 2010, 03:45 PM
Post #8

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Olen @ Jun 4 2010, 10:56 AM) *

Hmmm... To be honest I'm surprised they're releasing it so soon, I would have thought they would wait until console hardware caught up with PCs a bit more. And it's being made by Armor Games.... I'll reserve judgement seeing as Crush the Castle was great but I'm not impressed with a lot fo their stuff. Also having it on the wii is odd, I wonder if it will be a different version seeing as the wii is underpowered even compared to the xbox 360.

Still I'm all for the setting, there's more interesting lore about summerset isle than about Skyrim which I believe was the previous thought and I do hope they read enough of it to produce something more lore friendly than oblivion. Should be a good place to play a magical character anyway.

As far as what I'd like to see... More imagination like there was in Morrowind and less generic old world of oblivion (maybe bring back guar...) and sufficent wastelands. Ditch the fast travel system in preferance for boats, magic (bring back intervention and mark/recall) and the like and get rid of that magic compass (I know mods can do this but it makes the game unplayable because no one tells you where things are).

Either way I'll give it a play.

I have to agree with Olen here, the compass and fast travel system made Oblivion far too easy. Mark/Recall, Intervention and Levitation are all spells that I missed, and I desperately hope for their return.

Another thing I hope will return are the Legendary artifacts that existed in Morrowind (sure they existed to a lesser degree in Oblivion as well), and of course Daedra items should be scattered through the land instead of appearing on virtually any opponent once you reached a certain level...I still fondly remember the great hunt for the daedra items in Morrowind.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Jun 4 2010, 06:35 PM
Post #9

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Burnt Sierra @ Jun 4 2010, 06:21 AM) *

You sure that's legit? Look at the date at the top...

AAAAARRRRGGGHH! embarrased.gif

*Destri imagines himself as a giant lolipop with the word 'sucker' emblazoned across his chest!*

--------------------
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Jun 5 2010, 06:59 PM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

laugh.gif
+Quote Post
drakkenfan
post Jun 11 2010, 05:10 AM
Post #11

Retainer

Hmm... my fanfic I've been working on for years is set in Alinor. I hope the new game doesn't contradict the lore descriptions too much.

Edit: Oh... so the announcement is some sort of April Fools joke. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by drakkenfan: Jun 11 2010, 05:12 AM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:59 PM