Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Oblivion Screenshot Thread
mALX
post Jan 14 2020, 05:19 PM
Post #1781

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 13 2020, 04:45 PM) *

I suppose you could do the SI main quest up to a certain point with Jigglepuff had the upper hand, and then just stop and leave it there. It has been a really long time since I did it, so I don't know just where that would be.

Kind of like how you can prevent the Oblivion Crisis by simply never delivering the Amulet of Kings to Jeffrey Jauffree.

I thought it was getting anywhere near Kvatch that started the gates to begin opening; and that delivering the Amulet starts the Mythic Dawn attacks on the Player by those "sleeper" agents. It has been a few years since I've played though; I could be wrong.

I always played the main quest; but usually delayed it till about level 17 to get the more powerful Sigil stones, lol.

QUOTE(macole @ Jan 13 2020, 11:21 PM) *

Awesome shots! They did such a great job on those Oblivion Gates; especially that red ominous sky!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 5 2020, 07:44 PM) *

Lopov: I put the close ups of her first, so there would be some hints to where she was in the wide angle pictures.

The Ayleid ruins January was frolicking in were added by Unique Landscapes - Brena River Falls. It is my favorite of all the Unique Landscapes mods.

mALX: If you have bought a new computer in the last ten years or so, it will probably run Oblivion pretty good.

Those ruins are a mod, from Unique Landscapes - Brena River Falls. It is a really cool place.

Acadian: I liked Martin being the Chosen One too. I just wish the Faction questlines did not make you the leader of every faction at the end of them.

Army of Darkness

It looks like January is the last queen of the Ayleids

Do I talk first? Or do you talk first?

This would make a lot more sense if January had been around in the 60s to drop acid

Butterflies!

So, just me and the light now

Frogman

Knocking them down

Sky girl

Creature from the Black Lagoon

Golden Girls

Selfie with the head

Ooh, January is going to Shivering Isles! I love the pose in the throne; but my two favorite shots are Golden Girls and "Just me and the light" = both have great lighting that shows her face so well!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 21 2019, 04:47 PM) *

Acadian: I have had fun playing Oblivion again with January. I have forgotten so much of the main quest, that it was practically all new to me again.

Thanks to the Oblivion Crisis, January is very leery of having any dealings with Daedric Princes. Azura and Meridia are the only ones she feels safe interacting with.

mirocu: It has been so long I cannot remember if I used the console to clear the weather on that Azura pic or not. I probably did so that I could see the sky.

Renee: Judo chop is Austin Powers! He used to say that out loud before every time he did a judo chop. I don't use any mods for fighting. Instead I made what amounts to an invisible mace, and called it martial arts. That way it does real damage, and can be enchanted.

Those soldiers are from the quest to close the Bruma Gate, you take the guard captain and some of his henchmen through the gate to teach them how its done.

Come at me bro!

Great sigil stone

The Emp

Selfie

Paradise awaits

Throwdown!

Chomp!

Twilight of the gods

Reign of the Septims

*Sniff Sniff...* These shots are so nostalgic! What an emotional game/storyline = imho one of the best they have done. Great shots!!!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 17 2020, 04:23 AM
Post #1782

Mouth
Group Icon

A three hour Cruise
Purchase ticket https://imgur.com/sYcoXLC
The Dragonseye https://imgur.com/9mc37MO
Ship is sinking and Captain blames me https://imgur.com/noNIw3N
Abandon ship https://imgur.com/uVnq2rV
Sharks! https://imgur.com/PbsfgHr
To the lifeboat https://imgur.com/B8LPEEv
Marooned https://imgur.com/o0VOTGM
Let’s look around https://imgur.com/9sr5arI
https://imgur.com/LS67LXa
https://imgur.com/5OdUNrC
https://imgur.com/obuqztS
Exciting night life https://imgur.com/qbKfncy

This post has been edited by macole: Jan 17 2020, 04:28 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 17 2020, 05:40 AM
Post #1783

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ Jan 16 2020, 10:23 PM) *

This is Awesome! Is this a mod you made? If so, you and Renee are going to have a ball together!!! She makes mods that are like this one = great storylines!

All great shots; I love your crowd of followers, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 17 2020, 08:01 AM
Post #1784

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 16 2020, 10:40 PM) *

A three hour Cruise

This is Awesome! Is this a mod you made? If so, you and Renee are going to have a ball together!!! She makes mods that are like this one = great storylines!

Sad to say I've never tried making an Oblivion mod, Just a few simple ones for Morrowind. This is the start of the Valenwood Islands mod.

I and My Ladies Kaleah the Succubus, Pym the Silent One, and Maeva the Cute Elf, she's in the red & gold armor, thank you.
They keep Jandaga in check and have saved his bacon many times over.
If you care to read I've posted a journal entry in the Oblivion spoilers because I wasn't sure where and sometimes I point out things that maybe might be a spoiler.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 17 2020, 09:01 AM
Post #1785

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ Jan 17 2020, 02:01 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 16 2020, 10:40 PM) *

A three hour Cruise

Sad to say I've never tried making an Oblivion mod, Just a few simple ones for Morrowind. This is the start of the Valenwood Islands mod.

I and My Ladies Kaleah the Succubus, Pym the Silent One, and Maeva the Cute Elf, she's in the red & gold armor, thank you.
They keep Jandaga in check and have saved his bacon many times over.
If you care to read I've posted a journal entry in the Oblivion spoilers because I wasn't sure where and sometimes I point out things that maybe might be a spoiler.

Morrowind was MUCH harder to mod than Oblivion; so if you ever decide to try modding again = you can do anything you ever dreamed of doing in Oblivion (and so easy to do that it is just plain fun!)

This post has been edited by mALX: Jan 17 2020, 09:04 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 17 2020, 03:47 PM
Post #1786

Ancient
Group Icon

Very cool intro to the Valenwood Isles mod, which I have never heard of until now.

I love the shark!

Neat desert island!

That is not the kind of night life I look forward too!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jan 17 2020, 05:11 PM
Post #1787

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 17 2020, 03:01 AM) *

Morrowind was MUCH harder to mod than Oblivion; so if you ever decide to try modding again = you can do anything you ever dreamed of doing in Oblivion (and so easy to do that it is just plain fun!)

Morrowind had the complication of everything having to be done in conversations, which got recorded in the journal, and Oblivion freed you from that. But Oblivion added other complications such as voiced dialog, and dialog between NPC's, and NPC wandering away on their own AI schedules ...

Both of those games used scripts that ran continuously, so Skyrim event-driven module was an improvement over that, but added more things to consider, such as package interuption, lost or pre-empted event notifications and more.

I'm not sure which one of those I'd consider hardest to work with, but I've published more mods for Skyrim, then Oblivion next, and none got that far for Morrowind. It's probably the same order for unpublished ones.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 17 2020, 08:10 PM
Post #1788

Paladin
Group Icon

macole, a wonderful travelogue of this desert island trip. What a lush and beautiful island!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 17 2020, 09:10 PM
Post #1789

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jan 17 2020, 11:11 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 17 2020, 03:01 AM) *

Morrowind had the complication of everything having to be done in conversations, which got recorded in the journal, and Oblivion freed you from that. But Oblivion added other complications such as voiced dialog, and dialog between NPC's, and NPC wandering away on their own AI schedules ...

Both of those games used scripts that ran continuously, so Skyrim event-driven module was an improvement over that, but added more things to consider, such as package interuption, lost or pre-empted event notifications and more.

I'm not sure which one of those I'd consider hardest to work with, but I've published more mods for Skyrim, then Oblivion next, and none got that far for Morrowind. It's probably the same order for unpublished ones.

Not to mention that in Morrowind even the file names were restrictive and could throw off your entire mod from working without even giving an error message as to why it wasn't showing up at all, lol.

Even Skyrim wasn't as bad (for me) as Morrowind was on modding. In Skyrim I really struggled with that darn Papyrus; and those (urgh) lists locking the most obscure items to cells and crashing the game if they were removed (or even just moved). Fallout 4 is even worse than Skyrim on that. But Oblivion = even I never had trouble scripting or manipulating the AI in Oblivion; and that is saying a lot; laugh.gif (if I can do it, I figure any ten year old could do it better, lol).

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 17 2020, 11:53 PM
Post #1790

Mouth
Group Icon

[quote name='mALX' date='Jan 17 2020, 02:10 PM' post='322599']
[quote name='ghastley' post='322580' date='Jan 17 2020, 11:11 AM']
[quote name='mALX' post='322569' date='Jan 17 2020, 03:01 AM']

[/quote]

Not to mention that in Morrowind even the file names were restrictive and could throw off your entire mod from working without even giving an error message as to why it wasn't showing up at all, lol.

Even Skyrim wasn't as bad (for me) as Morrowind was on modding. In Skyrim I really struggled with that darn Papyrus; and those (urgh) lists locking the most obscure items to cells and crashing the game if they were removed (or even just moved). Fallout 4 is even worse than Skyrim on that. But Oblivion = even I never had trouble scripting or manipulating the AI in Oblivion; and that is saying a lot; laugh.gif (if I can do it, I figure any ten year old could do it better, lol).
[/quote]
I've had 40-years experience with IBM JCL, Assembler, and COBOL and I still found the scripting to be confusing. The naming was a snap once I figured out the conventions e.g. character length, file pathing, etc. I made simple a race mod, placed suit of armor and a couple weapons in other places, and a note in the thieves cave near Seyda Neen describing where to find the artifacts. I had an excel spreadsheet pages and pages long just to keep track of it all. That was so much fun working on that I didn't play at all for months.

Don't tell Tod, I'm a flow chart and spreadsheetty guy.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 18 2020, 08:56 AM
Post #1791

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ Jan 17 2020, 05:53 PM) *

I've had 40-years experience with IBM JCL, Assembler, and COBOL and I still found the scripting to be confusing. The naming was a snap once I figured out the conventions e.g. character length, file pathing, etc. I made simple a race mod, placed suit of armor and a couple weapons in other places, and a note in the thieves cave near Seyda Neen describing where to find the artifacts. I had an excel spreadsheet pages and pages long just to keep track of it all. That was so much fun working on that I didn't play at all for months.

Don't tell Tod, I'm a flow chart and spreadsheetty guy.

I have no clue on Morrowind; but Oblivion was C++ and any "If, Then" setup would work to get anything you wanted out of anything in game. And YES, it was so much fun that making the mods was as much fun as playing the game sometimes!

This post has been edited by mALX: Jan 18 2020, 08:58 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 19 2020, 03:47 AM
Post #1792

Councilor
Group Icon

Yeah, Oblivion is easier to work with but Skyrim runs more efficiently. Technically Skyrim makes more sense but dang, it is a b1tch to learn.

--------------------------------------------

Lovely pics macole. I did some gaming with Joan of Arkay recently. Her game's on Xbox but I've got this capture device which lets me take better pictures than my cell camera.

Swimming

Strolling

Arriving -- (she lives in Battlehorn Castle).

I realized recently that Joan's peculiarly round face was probably inspired by actual painting from the Middle Ages, during which a lot of artists hadn't mastered the art of perspective, yet. A lot of faces from that era had this "flat" sort of look. I probably made her face while viewing the painting in the first link below.

Joan of Arc

Cell Camera Joan

Paper Doll Joan

viking.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: Jan 19 2020, 03:49 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 19 2020, 03:53 AM
Post #1793

Ancient
Group Icon

I love to go swimming with bow-legged women,
and swim between their legs...

Sorry, that first picture gives me flashbacks of watching Jaws.

Joan looks sad. sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 19 2020, 04:24 AM
Post #1794

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jan 18 2020, 08:47 PM) *

What a coincidence. I watched a YouTube today of two vampires trying to force a young vampire to drain her niece who was laying on the floor. To the rescue in strode walked St. Joan of Arkay. Haseldor fled as she mopped the floor with the other vampire.

This post has been edited by macole: Jan 19 2020, 04:25 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 19 2020, 05:25 PM
Post #1795

Paladin
Group Icon

Wow, Renee, that capture device thing you are using does a beautiful job!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 19 2020, 07:07 PM
Post #1796

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jan 19 2020, 11:25 AM) *

Wow, Renee, that capture device thing you are using does a beautiful job!

It's great! It's a video capture device but one day I realized it also takes screenshots.

I do have to lower Joan's eyebrows, that's the only thing I'll change once her game is on PC.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 19 2020, 07:39 PM
Post #1797

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jan 18 2020, 09:47 PM) *

Yeah, Oblivion is easier to work with but Skyrim runs more efficiently. Technically Skyrim makes more sense but dang, it is a b1tch to learn.

--------------------------------------------

Lovely pics macole. I did some gaming with Joan of Arkay recently. Her game's on Xbox but I've got this capture device which lets me take better pictures than my cell camera.

Swimming

Strolling

Arriving -- (she lives in Battlehorn Castle).

I realized recently that Joan's peculiarly round face was probably inspired by actual painting from the Middle Ages, during which a lot of artists hadn't mastered the art of perspective, yet. A lot of faces from that era had this "flat" sort of look. I probably made her face while viewing the painting in the first link below.

Joan of Arc

Cell Camera Joan

Paper Doll Joan

viking.gif

Wow, you did an amazing job of making your character look almost exactly like the "model" that inspired you to make her! Amazing job, and great pics!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 22 2020, 06:16 PM
Post #1798

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Apparently, Emperor Palpatine is in Lothran's game bigsmile.gif

Beautiful scene + weather code reveal!

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 22 2020, 06:24 PM
Post #1799

Paladin
Group Icon

So nice to see pix from Lothie's game! It's snooowwwwing! tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jan 22 2020, 09:23 PM
Post #1800

Master
Group Icon

@Renee - wow, it almost looks like Joan's game is on PC.

There's something "holy" on her face, I wouldn't go changing anything about it. I can picture her in a nun outfit. wink.gif

Nice to see the Battlehorn Castle, I've never "seen" it in my games.

@mirocu - maybe that's a hint to play some Star Wars, if you haven't done so lately. bigsmile.gif

Clad in fur, the Nordic Dunmer feels no cold.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post

104 Pages V « < 88 89 90 91 92 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:44 PM