Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Elder Scrolls 6 Predictions, Cast your Predictions today!
mALX
post Dec 4 2018, 06:51 PM
Post #61

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 4 2018, 10:42 AM) *

Sometimes Khajiit really misses the old Bethsoft forums.

The old ones, yes. The new ones are totally different; they don't have the same feel at all.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 4 2018, 06:58 PM
Post #62

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 4 2018, 11:51 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 4 2018, 10:42 AM) *

Sometimes Khajiit really misses the old Bethsoft forums.

The old ones, yes. The new ones are totally different; they don't have the same feel at all.

And they are janky as all hell.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 5 2018, 12:52 AM
Post #63

Councilor
Group Icon

I miss the old forums' randomness. My favorite were the Oblivion forums. For several years, it was like every day,
you never knew what to expect. New gamers, always new gamers rolling through. Some would stick around, most would not. New threads, sometimes even old ones brought back to life. Friends, all of us. Occasional trolls, yes, but even these added to the random atmosphere. smile.gif

I used to say these forums here at Chorrol are like a small, country pub. Come to Chorrol, and it's like you're going to that cozy pub where you see a close-knit group of villagers. Go to Beth's forums, and this was more like a roadhouse bar. Rowdier, but fun too. Go to the Skyrim forums, and now you're in a sports bar. Really loud sometimes, usually too much for me though! panic.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 5 2018, 02:00 AM
Post #64

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Dec 4 2018, 05:52 PM) *

I miss the old forums' randomness. My favorite were the Oblivion forums. For several years, it was like every day,
you never knew what to expect. New gamers, always new gamers rolling through. Some would stick around, most would not. New threads, sometimes even old ones brought back to life. Friends, all of us. Occasional trolls, yes, but even these added to the random atmosphere. smile.gif

I used to say these forums here at Chorrol are like a small, country pub. Come to Chorrol, and it's like you're going to that cozy pub where you see a close-knit group of villagers. Go to Beth's forums, and this was more like a roadhouse bar. Rowdier, but fun too. Go to the Skyrim forums, and now you're in a sports bar. Really loud sometimes, usually too much for me though! panic.gif

Khajiit mostly just hung around the community discussion forum. Good times.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Dec 5 2018, 02:25 AM
Post #65

Mouth
Group Icon

I do miss the old forums, even if I was a relative newcomer to them. I really enjoyed discussing what we ideally want to see in the next TES game and just discussing the series in general in the TES General Discussion Forums. Even if some of the personalities there could be a bit bothersome at times. Community Discussion was great too.

I haven't gone on the new forums in months (save for one post, and then I hadn't been there for months before that either). But it isn't the new forums themselves that keep me away. It can be janky, but for the most part, the forum technology didn't bother me greatly. I just haven't had the desire to, there isn't enough time for me to get even moderately invested in discussions about the next TES game, and even when I was it just wasn't very fun anymore. Some of the personalities (with a couple from the old forums) just made it frustrating sometimes. And even when the forum-goers weren't a problem, there are just SO MANY POSTS to sift through about what people want to see in the next game that it is just impossible to keep up.

Not to mention the topics we can still discuss outside of TES are limited. I'm one who really likes to see what people, whom I have at least something major in common with, enjoy outside of that thing that primarily brought us to the forums in the first place. I want variety in discussions.

I hope to pop into the new forums every once in a while though.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Dec 5 2018, 02:26 AM

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 5 2018, 03:02 AM
Post #66

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Dec 4 2018, 08:25 PM) *

I do miss the old forums, even if I was a relative newcomer to them. I really enjoyed discussing what we ideally want to see in the next TES game and just discussing the series in general in the TES General Discussion Forums. Even if some of the personalities there could be a bit bothersome at times. Community Discussion was great too.

I haven't gone on the new forums in months (save for one post, and then I hadn't been there for months before that either). But it isn't the new forums themselves that keep me away. It can be janky, but for the most part, the forum technology didn't bother me greatly. I just haven't had the desire to, there isn't enough time for me to get even moderately invested in discussions about the next TES game, and even when I was it just wasn't very fun anymore. Some of the personalities (with a couple from the old forums) just made it frustrating sometimes. And even when the forum-goers weren't a problem, there are just SO MANY POSTS to sift through about what people want to see in the next game that it is just impossible to keep up.

Not to mention the topics we can still discuss outside of TES are limited. I'm one who really likes to see what people, whom I have at least something major in common with, enjoy outside of that thing that primarily brought us to the forums in the first place. I want variety in discussions.

I hope to pop into the new forums every once in a while though.

Bold: Yes, that is exactly why Kobby started "The Everything Thread" = so people at this site could discuss just about anything without a Mod cracking down on them. (unless it gets heated, which really happens so rarely at this site anyway).

This post has been edited by mALX: Dec 5 2018, 03:03 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Dec 5 2018, 03:09 AM
Post #67

Mouth
Group Icon

The fact that I devolved into trolling myself shows how much i cared for the old forums lmao I like the new ones even less tho

Anyways, on the subject of ESO's tone, while I'm glad it didn't follow Skyrim's edgy tone, I will say that it sometimes goes a little too far in the other direction. I definitely prefer it over Skyrim's tryhard serious tone, but I feel like ESO could benefit from having more serious characters like Luciana Pullo or Jaxsik-Orrn to balance out the "quirky" characters.

Overall, though, I agree. ESO is a lot better than the other TES games in making memorable characters, and I think it originally being more linear played a part in that. The story part ended up benefiting from it, and I think it's the reason the main games don't have as good a story.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Dec 5 2018, 05:23 PM
Post #68

Master
Group Icon

Yeah, the new Beth forum is unappealing. It also seems like you have to give it more time than you should for it to load. Anytime I hit the bookmark to visit the site, I usually count to 5 when the website starts to load. It has an annoying tendency to jump around, or load things in weird orders.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 6 2019, 06:08 AM
Post #69

Ancient
Group Icon

https://www.player.one/skyrim-grandma-immor...crolls-6-125133

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Apr 7 2019, 05:48 PM
Post #70

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 6 2019, 12:08 AM) *

Speaking of which, I watched a nice documentary on the lady the other day. Was unsure where to link it here. You've given me the excuse I need.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 8 2019, 06:53 PM
Post #71

Councilor
Group Icon

Goodness. She's got a dual-screen setup even! .... (2:50-ish in that video)

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 20 2020, 01:18 AM
Post #72

Ancient
Group Icon

Supposedly there’s been a leak!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 20 2020, 02:58 PM
Post #73

Councilor
Group Icon

High five Khajiit! salute.gif I knew it'd be High Rock, at least.

Ugh. 2024. sad.gif Well, did I expect it any sooner? I do like the sound of dozens (if not hundreds) of NPCs on screen during battles.

Travel by ship, I am assuming they mean real time travel.

Spell crafting returns. bluewizardsmile.gif Yes, I knew this would return. That was the #1 complaint about Skyrim. I knew that one. Did I predict it? I forget what the OP says. Probably so.

"A side quest is being planned in which we can babysit a trio of Khajiit children (kittens?)" ... "A speech check can calm her down..." That sounds fun. Also, Speechcraft seems confirmed.

Yeah I know... I'm getting overexcited about everything except the release date. Go on and shoot me down. That's why I am Renee, ha ha!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 20 2020, 04:25 PM
Post #74

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm starting to think that they've built up expectations to the point that nobody could make a game that meets them.

So this may be a genuine "leak" in the sense that it's a trial balloon set of features to which Beth wants to gather reactions. With the release date among them. They want to know if folks would wait that long, or if it should move up/back. The detail level accords with that. Vague hints mean "what would users expect?" and more concrete ones are "you asked, but do you want it like this?"

There's probably a lot of factual stuff, such as the region and name. They did register the name, so that can be checked, and of course the lore references are accurate, if they aren't necessarily part of the plans. High Rock is adjacent to Wrothgar, and that's already established. If High Rock is the setting, then the Orcs are your neighbours. Breton/Orc struggles are a recurring historical theme.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Aug 20 2020, 11:19 PM
Post #75

Mouth
Group Icon

I haven't watched the video yet but I'm not buying any leaks until we get more concrete info. I might watch it anyway, but given how the Internet is with this kind of stuff I'm remaining skeptical until something clearly from Bethesda comes out (although I guess even then you have to be wary).

Regarding Redfall: That little teaser from a couple E3s ago sure looked like Hammerfell the most to me. Didn't get any High Rock vibes from it, though of course they still left it deliberately vague. Not like they are going to put Adamantium Tower in the video because that would be obvious. Regardless I still think it's Hammerfell, but I think we take it for granted that Redfall is directly related to the province name. For all we know, it could be a specific event, a place within Hammerfell, or a person, but it may not be Hammerfell at all.

The most believable thing just from reading your comments is a 2024 release date. I think that is realistic. I can see Starfield coming in 2021 since Bethesda has been keeping things close to their vests lately and we have not heard anything about it except that it is coming.

I hope spellcrafting comes back, but I think it needs a serious revamp. I have a lot of ideas that I'd like to see implemented this time around and how it would integrate with perks, the form and function of spells, etc. And taking some ideas for spells from ESO would be very beneficial in fleshing out and giving variety to spellmaking.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 21 2020, 12:32 AM
Post #76

Ancient
Group Icon

Like Rader I am extremely skeptical of everything on YouTube. Any one can get on there and yammer away, without reality ever impeding them.

As for ES 6, I have absolutely no expectations. Bethesda has pretty much cured me of that. If it ever comes out, we will see what there is to see. They might shelve it to make a sequel to Fallout 76.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 21 2020, 02:42 AM
Post #77

Ancient
Group Icon

Yeah the guy who did the video even said to take the leak info with a “pinch of salt”. I saw it and thought it might be fun to discuss it here. As for my opinion on the info, I’d be really surprised if they do the whole Iliac Bay region again, so I’m remaining skeptical.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
macole
post Aug 21 2020, 06:40 AM
Post #78

Mouth
Group Icon

2024 release date? Guess I'll have time to finish Oblivion then. If I'm quick I'll be able to get in some Skyrim too.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 21 2020, 08:59 AM
Post #79

Ancient
Group Icon

Or Bethesda might have gone out of business by then. You never know.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 21 2020, 11:22 AM
Post #80

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 21 2020, 02:59 AM) *

Or Bethesda might have gone out of business by then. You never know.

Heh, if they keep on with these misguided business practices that may very well come to pass. I feel that Starfield is going to be make or break for them.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:28 PM