Total Votes: 15
Guests cannot vote 
mirocu
post Dec 27 2013, 11:52 AM
Post #1

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Iīm just being Curious George here biggrin.gif

As you know I donīt play Skyrim and since Iīm not a main quest kinda guy I probably wouldnīt do this one anyway. But out of you guys, who hasnīt done it yet even once?

smile.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Dec 27 2013, 12:01 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Acadian
post Jul 9 2014, 02:56 PM
Post #2

Paladin
Group Icon

Have played several iterations of Buffy and have not completed the MQ. The farthest we went was hunting for Esbern down in the Ratway. By that time, Buffy had seen several mammoths killed by random dragons and was not at all happy.

So we did some more study on UESPwiki and discovered something that all of you who have been playing a long time likely already know. Random dragon spwans stop while Delphine's 'kill da dragon' quest is active. While that quest is active, they only spawn and hang out at their dragon walls. That point is also far enough along to render the Dragonborn DLC available. Woot! New Game!

Since then, our pattern is to pick up the horn from Delphine, tell her we don't have time for her nonsense and be on our way.

The thing is, Skyrim is a land rich with the lore of dragons and I like having a FEW dragons in the game. And Buffy, with her hefty magic resistance and powerful bow can kill them just fine as long as she can keep her distance (easy to do). Generally, the Graydudes conclude that, although she may carry the spirit of a dragon (Phantom) within her, Buffy does not carry their blood - she is not dragonborn.

Since progressing the MQ further (even completing it) would only mean plenty of random dragon spawns, it is not likely we'll ever complete it. The exception might be an 'out of body' experience to complete it (just out of curiosity) just before restarting the game anew.

Another way to look at it, I suppose, is this: Buffy's only encounter with Alduin is when he saved her life at Helgen. How does that make him a foe? blink.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 9 2014, 09:18 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jul 9 2014, 09:56 AM) *

Have played several iterations of Buffy and have not completed the MQ. The farthest we went was hunting for Esbern down in the Ratway. By that time, Buffy had seen several mammoths killed by random dragons and was not at all happy.

So we did some more study on UESPwiki and discovered something that all of you who have been playing a long time likely already know. Random dragon spwans stop while Delphine's 'kill da dragon' quest is active. While that quest is active, they only spawn and hang out at their dragon walls. That point is also far enough along to render the Dragonborn DLC available. Woot! New Game!

Since then, our pattern is to pick up the horn from Delphine, tell her we don't have time for her nonsense and be on our way.

The thing is, Skyrim is a land rich with the lore of dragons and I like having a FEW dragons in the game. And Buffy, with her hefty magic resistance and powerful bow can kill them just fine as long as she can keep her distance (easy to do). Generally, the Graydudes conclude that, although she may carry the spirit of a dragon (Phantom) within her, Buffy does not carry their blood - she is not dragonborn.

Since progressing the MQ further (even completing it) would only mean plenty of random dragon spawns, it is not likely we'll ever complete it. The exception might be an 'out of body' experience to complete it (just out of curiosity) just before restarting the game anew.

Another way to look at it, I suppose, is this: Buffy's only encounter with Alduin is when he saved her life at Helgen. How does that make him a foe? blink.gif

So Buffy is a DragonHaunted, not a Dragonborn. I like that!

I know what you mean about Alduin. He rescues the player at the beginning of the game. He's the last one I would have a beef with!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
mirocu   Have you still not done the MQ?   Dec 27 2013, 11:52 AM
Colonel Mustard   I end up doing it most playthroughs; I like fighti...   Dec 27 2013, 04:35 PM
Rohirrim   Haven't beaten Alduin yet. Khan'll get aro...   Dec 27 2013, 05:35 PM
Grits   Of course I’ve done it! I’m far too curious to...   Dec 27 2013, 06:49 PM
mirocu   Just wanna throw this out there, Iīm not against a...   Dec 27 2013, 07:01 PM
SubRosa   I have still never done it, and have gone so far a...   Dec 27 2013, 07:20 PM
mirocu   Wow. And I thought Oblivion was bad with its ...   Dec 27 2013, 07:26 PM
Thomas Kaira   Wow. And I thought Oblivion was bad with its ...   Dec 27 2013, 08:22 PM
SubRosa   Wow. And I thought Oblivion was bad with its ...   Dec 27 2013, 08:30 PM
Renee Gade IV   Arrgh. I'm so used to seeing mirocu pull up or...   Dec 27 2013, 09:01 PM
Kiln   I've done the main quest only once. After tha...   Dec 28 2013, 12:02 AM
Renee Gade IV   . They also clarified a few mysteries like what ...   Dec 29 2013, 09:13 PM
Kiln   . They also clarified a few mysteries like what...   Dec 31 2013, 03:53 AM
ThatSkyrimGuy   I have not completed the MQ in Skyrim, nor in Obli...   Jan 12 2014, 06:01 PM
PhonAntiPhon   Have not done, never planning on doing it, have im...   Mar 9 2014, 10:34 AM
Vital   None of my characters so far have finished the MQ,...   Mar 9 2014, 11:06 AM
Renee Gade IV   I decided I'd like to finish the Main Quest on...   Apr 20 2014, 04:37 PM
mirocu   I think I would prefer to see them more rarely too...   Apr 20 2014, 04:43 PM
Renee Gade IV   I think I would prefer to see them more rarely to...   Apr 20 2014, 07:05 PM
ghastley   The reason you get so many Dragons is that they ma...   Apr 20 2014, 09:03 PM
Renee Gade IV   The reason you get so many Dragons is that they m...   Apr 20 2014, 11:54 PM
Vital   In Ravos' game I'm getting so sick of all ...   Apr 21 2014, 11:29 AM
Renee Gade IV   Wow, 2 shots from a bow, that's all? Interesti...   Apr 22 2014, 10:14 PM
ghastley   Buffy's still going to see mammoths die when t...   Jul 9 2014, 04:24 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:42 PM