255 Pages V « < 176 177 178 179 180 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you playing?
Decrepit
post Nov 15 2018, 12:42 AM
Post #3541

Master
Group Icon

Not only did Henry clear that bandit den, he later cleared another! The first was rough going at first. What he ended up doing (both times) that works is let the camp see him at distance, let them chase him until all but one gives up, then fight that lone bandit one on one. Even that's iffy, but a heck of a lot better than trying to take on multiple enemies.

(He did end up fighting at least one two-on-one battle, but thankfully those bandits weren't heavily armored.)

He made a good 700 off weapons and armor looted during those cleansings. Too, one dead bandit camp leader wore better head and leg protection than Henry's! Sadly the new helm is one of my least favorite medieval helmet styles. Can't have everything I reckon.

A problem now is that neither Henry nor his horse has a great deal of carry capacity available for loot hauls. He can get a PERK that gives his horses extra capacity in exchange for lessened speed, but I'm not yet willing to accept that trade off.

Shades of Oblivion! Now that Henry is starting earn reputation with the populous of Rattay they have begun greeting him with "Welcome Henry," Greetings Sir Knight" and suchlike.

Think he's gonna need to progress the main quest a bit staring next game day.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Nov 15 2018, 02:28 AM
Post #3542

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 14 2018, 03:28 PM) *

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Nov 14 2018, 03:58 PM) *

Gamers tend to be stupid and let brand loyalty make their decisions. :v

Unfortunately, Bethesda's taken all the memes and jokes made at their expense and rolled with it as if it were charming at this point instead of actually working on preventing the disastrous bugs they're (in)famous for.

The new studio hopefully means they're actually working on it, but I'm not holding my breath. Especially after all the horrible issues with Fallout 76 lmao including but not limited to the glaring security issues

That said, all this whining about the mobile Diablo game is also stupid. Just....don't buy it. Don't give them your money. Geeze.

Ooh, what issues with Fallout 76? I haven't heard anything; is there some juicy gossip you can share about it?

(drool, drool)

There's always the usual "beta messiness", but as far as actual serious things go, I've also read about issues with the installation, particularly with deleting it. As in, the installation either disappears completely, or you can't remove it at all (though the latter is apparently from pirated copies lol). There's also some concerns about security after people looked into the game files.

Needless to say it's...troubling...
I thought they'd have experience with this sort of thing by now.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 15 2018, 06:45 AM
Post #3543

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Nov 14 2018, 08:28 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 14 2018, 03:28 PM) *

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Nov 14 2018, 03:58 PM) *

Gamers tend to be stupid and let brand loyalty make their decisions. :v

Unfortunately, Bethesda's taken all the memes and jokes made at their expense and rolled with it as if it were charming at this point instead of actually working on preventing the disastrous bugs they're (in)famous for.

The new studio hopefully means they're actually working on it, but I'm not holding my breath. Especially after all the horrible issues with Fallout 76 lmao including but not limited to the glaring security issues

That said, all this whining about the mobile Diablo game is also stupid. Just....don't buy it. Don't give them your money. Geeze.

Ooh, what issues with Fallout 76? I haven't heard anything; is there some juicy gossip you can share about it?

(drool, drool)

There's always the usual "beta messiness", but as far as actual serious things go, I've also read about issues with the installation, particularly with deleting it. As in, the installation either disappears completely, or you can't remove it at all (though the latter is apparently from pirated copies lol). There's also some concerns about security after people looked into the game files.

Needless to say it's...troubling...
I thought they'd have experience with this sort of thing by now.

What a great link, thanks for posting it! Somewhere down on the page was this sub-link I found really interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi8PTAJ2Hjs

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Nov 15 2018, 01:46 PM
Post #3544

Master
Group Icon

Those security claims were debunked a couple weeks ago.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Nov 15 2018, 03:07 PM
Post #3545

Master
Group Icon

Apparently Boy Genius Todd suggested that 6 is going to made with the aging Creation Engine. I mean, what’s up. What’s going on. I’m confused. And scared.

And concussed and sleepless and hungry and sad and kinda strange.

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
Kane
post Nov 15 2018, 03:43 PM
Post #3546

Master
Group Icon

I don't get the hate on the Creation Engine. Yeah it's been a round for a while, but it always gets upgraded. I don't think there is another engine out there that could do what it does.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Nov 15 2018, 04:56 PM
Post #3547

Master
Group Icon

I think it'll be fine.

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Nov 15 2018, 05:09 PM
Post #3548

Master
Group Icon

Just bought Skyrim for the Switch. I'd get Breath of the Wild again but I've already beaten it AND got the good ending.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Nov 15 2018, 07:00 PM
Post #3549

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Nov 15 2018, 05:09 PM) *

Just bought Skyrim for the Switch. I'd get Breath of the Wild again but I've already beaten it AND got the good ending.

I almost want it for the Switch, just so I can Skyrim in bed, but I can't bring myself to play it without mods.

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 15 2018, 07:52 PM
Post #3550

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Nov 15 2018, 09:07 AM) *

Apparently Boy Genius Todd suggested that 6 is going to made with the aging Creation Engine. I mean, what’s up. What’s going on. I’m confused. And scared.

What happened to the Gambryo they always used before?

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Nov 15 2018, 08:16 PM
Post #3551

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 15 2018, 06:52 PM) *

It retired. The core systems of it went into Creation engine for Skyrim.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Nov 15 2018, 09:02 PM
Post #3552

Master
Group Icon

Gah! Henry's attempting to clean out another bandit camp. This one is proving quite a challenge. Took four failed attempts before he lured the first solo bandit away from the horde. He's now lured and disposed of a second. Neither was heavily armed or armored, thank goodness. The camp leader is another story. He's gonna be a challenge even if Henry is able to face him solo. Maybe more than Henry can chew. We shall see.

So far my only strong negative with the game is its save system. It's better than when first released in that a SAVE & EXIT option has been added to the menu. Still, I prefer to save when and where needed without having to exit the game, which isn't an option except in conjunction with drink a special, expensive potion. (To be fair, the game saves on its own at quest certain points and when sleeping in certain beds.) There's a couple of Nexus mods that do what I want, but I'm a bit leery of them at the moment.

During an early session today I watched Henry do a quest I had up to that point thought he would decline. Had this been my Cyrodiil decrepit avatar he'd have done so no questions asked. But Henry is not decrepit. (Well, except in melee combat.) When push came to shove it seemed something he might well consider doing regardless of what I thought about the matter.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Nov 15 2018, 09:02 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 15 2018, 10:33 PM
Post #3553

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Nov 15 2018, 02:16 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 15 2018, 06:52 PM) *

It retired. The core systems of it went into Creation engine for Skyrim.

Aw heck, I liked the Gambryo! I wonder if they will eventually give out free versions of it like the Unreal Engine did?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Nov 15 2018, 10:44 PM
Post #3554

Master
Group Icon

Doubtful. But we can wish.

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Nov 16 2018, 02:22 AM
Post #3555

Master
Group Icon

Here's my KCD character as kitted out today, 11/15/2018:

This first capture shows him in full armor, with major stats beneath. You can also see individual armor/clothing/weapon slots and the amount of layering that's possible.

Here he is mounted. Horse armor is available but monetarily beyond Henry's reach for now.

As for recent activities, he spent time at the archery range working is bow skill and went on a date. He's now tracking down someone on the run, hoping to find him before the "competition" does.

A few days back he learned the fundamentals of reading.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 16 2018, 04:08 AM
Post #3556

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Nov 15 2018, 08:22 PM) *

This first capture shows him in full armor, with major stats beneath. You can also see individual armor/clothing/weapon slots and the amount of layering that's possible.

Here he is mounted. Horse armor is available but monetarily beyond Henry's reach for now.

As for recent activities, he spent time at the archery range working is bow skill and went on a date. He's now tracking down someone on the run, hoping to find him before the "competition" does.

Wow, that horse looks fantastic! And your character looks the least Decrepit of any character I've seen you play yet, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Nov 17 2018, 12:45 AM
Post #3557

Mouth
Group Icon

So I finally got to the parts of Ultra Moon where they REALLY begin to differ from Moon and I have to say...I'm glad Lusamine is still technically Lusamine with almost identical motivations. I heard that the Ultra games took away from her characterization but from what I've seen, it's set up to be more or less the same thing. (I'm guessing it just means she won't be chewed out by her daughter? idk)

I'm excited to finally get to the extra content, though. What people weren't lying about was how late in the game it was.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Nov 17 2018, 01:59 PM
Post #3558

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 15 2018, 09:08 PM) *

Wow, that horse looks fantastic! And your character looks the least Decrepit of any character I've seen you play yet, lol.

Your comment about horses reminds me I need to find a horse gear dealer and see if it's possible to buy extra capacity storage containers for Henry's mount. As it is, Henry's leaving hundreds of Groschen worth of spoils on the ground after some combats...assuming he comes out on top, which is far from given.

He has acquired a better (more protective) helm. Lo and behold, KCD has implemented something I've wanted for ages. This new helm is visored. Wearing it when not in combat, view is unimpaired. Soon as he draws a weapon...down comes the visor with realistically reduced field of view. KCD isn't yet perfect in this regard, as the visor doesn't actually move up and down. It's always physically down. But this being for the most part a first-person game it's not as big an issue as it would be in third person. (KCD does have involuntary switched to 3P at times ala Skyrim.)

I'm happy to say KCD's NPC's put in mind of Oblivion more so than Skyrim. On the other hand, its lock pick mini game is akin to Skyrim rather than Oblivion. Henry's not yet tried his hand at Alchemy...having learned to read only a short time ago.

ADDENDUM:
Rode to the nearest Horse Farm. Sold no horse armor there, but was able to buy a better saddle with extra carry capacity. Also bought a nice decorative covering for it.

Here's a brand spanking new image of Henry mounted

Notice too his newly acquired helmet. He also sports new plate pauldrons, but those are hard to see.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Nov 17 2018, 03:13 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 17 2018, 05:21 PM
Post #3559

Ancient
Group Icon

Wow Henry and his equine companion are looking hot!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 17 2018, 06:08 PM
Post #3560

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Nov 17 2018, 07:59 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 15 2018, 09:08 PM) *

Your comment about horses reminds me I need to find a horse gear dealer and see if it's possible to buy extra capacity storage containers for Henry's mount. As it is, Henry's leaving hundreds of Groschen worth of spoils on the ground after some combats...assuming he comes out on top, which is far from given.

He has acquired a better (more protective) helm. Lo and behold, KCD has implemented something I've wanted for ages. This new helm is visored. Wearing it when not in combat, view is unimpaired. Soon as he draws a weapon...down comes the visor with realistically reduced field of view. KCD isn't yet perfect in this regard, as the visor doesn't actually move up and down. It's always physically down. But this being for the most part a first-person game it's not as big an issue as it would be in third person. (KCD does have involuntary switched to 3P at times ala Skyrim.)

I'm happy to say KCD's NPC's put in mind of Oblivion more so than Skyrim. On the other hand, its lock pick mini game is akin to Skyrim rather than Oblivion. Henry's not yet tried his hand at Alchemy...having learned to read only a short time ago.

ADDENDUM:
Rode to the nearest Horse Farm. Sold no horse armor there, but was able to buy a better saddle with extra carry capacity. Also bought a nice decorative covering for it.

Here's a brand spanking new image of Henry mounted

Notice too his newly acquired helmet. He also sports new plate pauldrons, but those are hard to see.

Fancy looking horse covering, he looks like a knight about to joust! I am loving hearing about KCD from you!

--------------------
+Quote Post

255 Pages V « < 176 177 178 179 180 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:56 PM