Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

146 Pages V « < 110 111 112 113 114 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mojave Meanderings and Wasteland Wanderings, The Fallout "Where are you now" thread
SubRosa
post Mar 18 2017, 12:59 AM
Post #2221

Ancient
Group Icon

I thought it was too heavy to used too much ammo to haul it around all the time in FO3. I only used it when I happened to run across one. I like it more in F4. It is one of the few guns big enough to look good when you are wearing power armor. Almost everything else looks like a toy in your armored fists. So I usually keep one in storage for those times I decide to take out the armor.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 18 2017, 01:00 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 18 2017, 01:08 AM
Post #2222

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 17 2017, 06:59 PM) *

I thought it was too heavy to used too much ammo to haul it around all the time in FO3. I only used it when I happened to run across one. I like it more in F4. It is one of the few guns big enough to look good when you are wearing power armor. Almost everything else looks like a toy in your armored fists. So I usually keep one in storage for those times I decide to take out the armor.

Khajiit feels the same, except he thinks the laser weapons aren't too bad in power armored hands. Come to think of it, if the Assault Rifle was meant to be carried by power armored troops, then its design makes a little more sense. Still hate it though tongue.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 18 2017, 02:07 AM
Post #2223

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow, that is awesome mirocu. I probably won't get into Fallout myself for awhile, certainly not until the trees outside are fully green and foliated again. biggrin.gif Something about seeing trees in full foliage again (summer, basically) that inspires me to return to FO.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 18 2017, 05:36 PM
Post #2224

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 17 2017, 11:51 PM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 17 2017, 04:06 PM) *

@Both - I hope they are plentiful. I happen to have acquired too much minigun ammo evillol.gif

Minigun. Now there's a weapon Khajiit could never get into.

Neither could Raven. Not until he found the Vulcan mod which provides with a much better looking minigun. I also modded it further by reducing the spread and revving it up to fire twice as fast. Now it acts much less like crap tongue.gif

Still wish it was belt-fed though.

QUOTE(Renee @ Mar 18 2017, 02:07 AM) *

Wow, that is awesome mirocu. I probably won't get into Fallout myself for awhile, certainly not until the trees outside are fully green and foliated again. biggrin.gif Something about seeing trees in full foliage again (summer, basically) that inspires me to return to FO.

I get what you mean. I do have some trouble right now as it's in the very beginning of the season and I'm not quite there yet, if you know what I mean. Still, Lothran has moved down from Bruma so now Anything Goes.

See what I did there? wink.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 24 2017, 10:39 PM
Post #2225

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Second session and I'm already heavily over-encumbered and Gunny is at full capacity tongue.gif

Currently heading towards Canterbury Commons to see if any merchant is there or keep waiting until one shows up.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 28 2017, 01:19 PM
Post #2226

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Today me and Gunny bounced around trying to find traveling merchants. We had collected lots of (heavy) loot and we needed to get rid of it. We finally did, thanks to Crow.

No, not me... tongue.gif

After that it was back to ye ole routine and we're currently in the area around Roosevelt Academy. Lots of fun to be found there biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 13 2017, 06:07 AM
Post #2227

Spam Meister
Group Icon

500.000 bottle caps!

Yes indeed! Yesterday I finally reached half a million caps while selling stuff at Tenpenny Tower! Unfortunately I cannot post a picture as proof since imgur has stopped working for me. It simply refuses to upload anything from my computer so you just have to take my word for it wink.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Lopov
post May 13 2017, 09:19 AM
Post #2228

Master
Group Icon

You're already a half-millionaire!

When it comes to pics of money, nobody wants to post them.... bigsmile.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 13 2017, 02:46 PM
Post #2229

Councilor
Group Icon

mirocu I just discovered this really cool mod called Where did all my money go? It introduces a special symbot programmed to hunt the player-character all over the Wasteland. If it catches you, it will then take all your money. Gone. Just like that.

What do you say? Interested? laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 13 2017, 07:25 PM
Post #2230

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ May 13 2017, 10:19 AM) *

You're already a half-millionaire!

When it comes to pics of money, nobody wants to post them.... bigsmile.gif

I want to but can't tongue.gif

Good to see you again, btw! smile.gif

QUOTE(Renee @ May 13 2017, 03:46 PM) *

mirocu I just discovered this really cool mod called Where did all my money go? It introduces a special symbot programmed to hunt the player-character all over the Wasteland. If it catches you, it will then take all your money. Gone. Just like that.

What do you say? Interested? laugh.gif

Let me quote Dr Evil here:

"Ehm... How about no?"

bigsmile.gif

Still, linky..? tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post May 27 2017, 07:44 PM
Post #2231

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ May 13 2017, 02:25 PM) *

Whoops, sorry, there is no mod which makes a bot to take all your money. I was playing a little joke on you, once again.

So how did Fallout Friday go for Mirocu, mirocu?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 28 2017, 10:35 AM
Post #2232

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 27 2017, 08:44 PM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ May 13 2017, 02:25 PM) *

Whoops, sorry, there is no mod which makes a bot to take all your money. I was playing a little joke on you, once again.

Awww, I thought it was cool someone had made such a mod and now I'm told it was all a lie? I am so sad now..

QUOTE(Renee @ May 27 2017, 08:44 PM) *

So how did Fallout Friday go for Mirocu, mirocu?

Good, good. Nothing worth writing home about though, or even here.

Runnin', shootin' and lootin'...

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post May 28 2017, 02:07 PM
Post #2233

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ May 28 2017, 05:35 AM) *

Awww, I thought it was cool someone had made such a mod and now I'm told it was all a lie? I am so sad now..

Really? laugh.gif This probably wouldn't be that hard to make, I bet I could do it, once I am familiar with the GECK. All you'd need is an Essential bot which walks around slowly, with AI programming to find the Player. And stick this bot somewhere far away, so it takes awhile to find Mirocu. Once it finds and communicates with him, it's got some scripting in there which removes all caps from the Player. And then walks back to wherever it came from, still Essential, and still unkillable. laugh.gif

You're joshing me though, right? You're joking too? I hope so. Because really, I'd feel pretty bad creating something which removes all your caps.

I am trying to think of some concepts for my summer Fallout t00n though, on PC. Major A. Holl was in Mothership Zeta, last I saw, but being with MAH isn't as immmmersive as I thought it would be. I want to make THAT really key player this summer, you know? Somebody who I'll really get captivated by, sort of like the way Cho turned out on Xbox, but whoever I make this time will be female.

This post has been edited by Renee: May 28 2017, 02:10 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 28 2017, 03:53 PM
Post #2234

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Not joking, I thought it sounded like a cool prank! laugh.gif

After all, using the mod is optional wink.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 28 2017, 06:48 PM
Post #2235

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 28 2017, 09:07 AM) *

I am trying to think of some concepts for my summer Fallout t00n though, on PC. Major A. Holl was in Mothership Zeta, last I saw, but being with MAH isn't as immmmersive as I thought it would be. I want to make THAT really key player this summer, you know? Somebody who I'll really get captivated by, sort of like the way Cho turned out on Xbox, but whoever I make this time will be female.

Make Atomic Blonde

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 11 2017, 11:28 PM
Post #2236

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 28 2017, 01:48 PM) *

Okay, thanks hon. I won't copy this idea per se, but I will use her face for my next Fallout 3 character. I am about to make her (and reveal her name) in a few. But first, a quick update.

Major A. Holl was running around Mothership Zeta, but unfortunately he got clobbered by a bunch of aliens. Oh well. He was really out of his element. Not much he could do in this situation. I don't feel very inspired to continue his game.

So instead, I am going to try an alternate starting mod. Because I aint doing the tutorial again! Hmm .... let's see. This is gonna be fun.

HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY [censored] I FOUND IT!!!!!

Okay, "Alternate Start - Prostitute" is what it is called. And this is perfect, because my gal's backstory was supposed to include exotic dancer, but being a call girl is not too far of a stretch from this. Ha!

Her name (get ready) is Janet Telia. biggrin.gif Perfect name for her.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 12 2017, 01:28 AM
Post #2237

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jun 11 2017, 06:28 PM) *

Her name (get ready) is Janet Telia. biggrin.gif Perfect name for her.

ohmy.gif nono.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jun 16 2017, 03:29 PM
Post #2238

Spam Meister
Group Icon

GAAAAWWWDDD how I love Renee's brain rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif

It's worth putting in a Robobrain... biggrin.gif

----------------------

Had a nice session today. Walked over-encumbered with some Outcasts for awhile before they started to walk back and forth at which point Gunny and I left them. Walked around and eventually Gunny was destroyed (again) near the old school/academy where Muties and Deathclaws reside. Then I was able to fill Gunny with more crap before I repaired him and now I'm ready to run again smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 17 2017, 07:25 PM
Post #2239

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh no, poor Gunny! .. Even so, I am glad you'll be playing FO3 this summer with Mirocu, mirocu. It's going to be a good summer, methinks.

Well, I will talk about Janet's initial days. I've only gamed with her twice so far. The first time was on Sunday, when I created her. I didn't really game with her much, I just got her face & stats down. The second time I gamed with her (last Tuesday) I really got hooked into her game. I can't really explain it. I guess y'all know what I'm talking about, but there's this *bond* which forms when you've rally got somebody who you're psyched to game with. That's the way Janet's game was. I had to force myself to go to bed basically, because otherwise I would have gamed with her until after midnight.

The Alternate Start - Prostitute mod places her in Tenpenny Tower, perfect place for somebody to go trolling around for johns. indifferent.gif Anyway, she won't just sleep with anyone for cash; so far, she's only been hitting up one guy. I forget his name. But he's not as creepy as some of the other male tenants in TT.

She's been sleeping on Susan Lancaster's couch (Blanket mod) which will get old quick. If you've ever had somebody sleeping on your couch, and you're not in your 20s anymore, you know what I'm talking about. Eventually there will be some sort of friction there, because the idea is Janet thought Susan was single, but it turns out Susan has a guy living with her already.

Janet will probably also get in trouble. She's constantly stealing stuff, and even got caught stealing some liquor from some lady's flat. emot-ninja1.gif Though the only penalty was getting her stolen things taken away, I get the feeling that if she gets caught again, things could get uglier.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jun 17 2017, 07:28 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 8 2017, 02:59 PM
Post #2240

Councilor
Group Icon

Alright, here is Janet's pilot episode. I don't know if I'll write a whole lot with her. I've spent the last couple weeks slowly messing around in the GECK, which is similar to Oblivion's Construction Set, but a pain in the *** to use since I've got Windows 8.1 on my gaming computer. GECK likes Win7 at best. But I've slowly figured it out.

-------------------

PIC

It had taken over a month, but by glory, she had made it. She had crossed a vast part of the Wasteland to arrive at Tenpenny Towers. According to a friend, it would be a great place to settle down. Clear her head for awhile.

There are rooms for sale, places to stay her friend had said. One could get in there easily, if she were a pretty girl like Janet. And once she was in, she'd be in a very safe place, full of lots of guards, and lots of weapons and bombs. All she'd have to do is get there, and show the letter that had been penned.

But then, the reality. Tenpenny Tower was easy for her to get into, probably the note from Susan Lancaster had been convincing, and also because who wants to be that guard who turned down such a pretty face? ...Problem was, Tenpenny did have a place for sale, but this place was on one of the very top floors, and it was very expensive.

"2,500 caps are you kidding me? I came all the way here from West Virginia! You haven't got anything cheaper?"

But Lydia Montague, the lady in charge of running Tenpenny's 'boutique', told her there was no such cheaper place. Tenpenny was so overcrowded with humans as it was, all the cheaper apartments were already taken.

After she spoke to many residents, it was clear to Janet that there was a way to get the expensive suite for free. From what Janet could tell, there was some sort of problem with ghouls. The residents were vague whenever they mentinoed these ghouls, but the idea was "something had to be done" about them. And then maybe once this act was done, maybe Alaistair Tenpenny, the place's ultimate landlord, would reward whoever "took care" of this problem, by giving him or her the Tenpenny Suite Janet had heard about.

She was not really interested in killing ghouls though, if that were what she'd have to do. And it seemed (to her) that this how things were. This is as good as they would get.

Janet Telia, upset and confused, went looking for Susan Lancaster, the 'friend' who'd invited her to this overcrowded dump. She eventually found Susan, moseying endlessly around Tenpenny's lounge and boutique areas. Susan had lied. Though Susan did not mind if Janet crashed at her place, Susan also had a guy who'd been living with her. Janet would have to sleep on one of Susan's couches.

Eventually, Janet began to run low on funds, and there was just one way she could earn them back. Problem was, out of all of Tenpenny's residents, only one man in the entire place was interested, and this was the only guy who wasn't too much of a creep. Janet could earn 20 caps a night after having some 'fun' with him in his room. Tenpenny Tower had plenty of food (and alcohol) to steal, and Susan wasn't charging Janet to sleep on her couch. So it wasn't like she couldn't live off of 20 caps a night. But was this as good as it got?

Then, finally. Contact from her brother, Jonny Talia, in the form of a note, delivered by a child messenger. Jonny had also gotten out of West Virginia about a year earlier, and had made tt to the Wasteland. He'd somehow become part of Talon Company. If Janet could make it to Fort Bannister, that would be a much better place for her to be, and with family, at that.

Janet had left Tenpenny Tower, and had managed to make it roughly a quarter mile north, before finding herself with nowhere to sleep on a rainy night except some deserted robot factory. But it was DANGEROUS in there, and even more dangerous outside in the Wasteland. Janet had managed to scavenge some things she could sell, at least: conductors, spare parts, and ammo she'd have no use for. The child messenger had delieverd a 10 millimeter gun with plenty of ammunition to Janet, so anything which wasn't 10 mm could be sold.

She'd gone back to Tenpenny, but the guards would not let her in. Not unless she either (1) took care of that 'ghoul' problem everyone was so worried about, or (2) had 100 caps she could give them. Apparently, there'd also been complaints about Janet, who'd been caught at least twice stealing things from residents.

Could Janet make it to Fort Bannister? She would just have to try.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jul 8 2017, 03:16 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

146 Pages V « < 110 111 112 113 114 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:01 AM