User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Feb 1 2009, 10:00 AM
Post #22

Master
Group Icon

Now I'm pretty sure that THIS is a mod. Anyway, the wall-run is fricking awesome. cool.gif

Ah crap, now you've interested me in a monk character. Guess it's back to the tutorial. I really should learn to safe before the exit. dry.gif

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Bolzmania
post Feb 6 2009, 07:51 PM
Post #23

Knower
Group Icon

He's a kickass soldier not a monk lol

--------------------
"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world"
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Feb 6 2009, 07:54 PM
Post #24

Master
Group Icon

Woops, my mistake. But in all fairness, when you say soldier in TES, I always picture the Legionnaire with broadsword and shield. Frankly, I imagine weapons and armour of some sort in any setting.

Heh, that just means he's so badass he doesn't need any. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Bolzmania
post Feb 6 2009, 10:02 PM
Post #25

Knower
Group Icon

Nah, he's just chilling out in the woods.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Bolzmania
post Feb 13 2009, 01:13 AM
Post #26

Knower
Group Icon

New computer
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

This post has been edited by Daedroth: Jun 12 2009, 05:29 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Chiglet
post Feb 25 2009, 10:21 AM
Post #27

Evoker

@ Chimera - LOL love the DeathStar in THIS pic

@ jack cloudy - Mods-R-Us. smile.gif I sometimes wonder how people find the time to make all the mods. Amazing work though. It is rather amusing on the hair issue. Never gets dirty, never gets wet - unless youhave a mod. I find face-gen a bit easier with Chargen With Numbers You might want to give it a try. You can also go into the CS (if you have it) and set up a custom race. Can do some amazing things with characters doing that, and it's really not difficult. Great rundown of the tutorial dungeon too. After about the second time through, I just toggled god-mode on and now have fun with it. smile.gif I do think my main complaint about the dialogue in general is the presumption that your character is fully good (or is a citizen of Tamriel at all - due to the availability of Daedric race mods). I do wish that could be updated. As for the ledge where the assassins come from, you can get up to it by jumping on the middle stair ledge, then up to the "assassin's ledge". Only problem is that the doors up there are ocked, and if you can get into them they're just little tiny rooms with no tunnels. Gives a nice vantage point for flameing the rats though. I tptally agree with you on Uriel's fight or flee script, and could continue that into the normal melee fighintg mode. My character is swinging his/her sword and some NPC darts in front and receives the blow I intended for the "bad guy", then complains. Hellooo?? swaord swing in progress here, don't step in front of me!! I think that prob is due partly to Bethesda's decision to "dumb-down" the AI in the game. On class selection, I like that it give you the option to make a custom class. Something that I don't remember being available in Morrowind.
I don't have much trouble with game balance, though some of the mods I use do tend to make some of the bandit areas a bit too hard without a companion. Instead of "unarmored" there is now "hand to hand" that you can use. Maybe not as good, but does the job decently. The Atronach sign is a good one to take if you really want to play a combat-only oriented character. Really makes you think twice about lobbinig off those spells.

@ Daedroth - Ha! Looks like you've found the pose mods. smile.gif Those are some fun mods. Not sure just how many there are, but I can spend hours just posing my character (and usually laughing myself off my chair at the results). Which ones are you using?

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

[IPB Image

IPB Image

--------------------
To the Void we all shall go...
+Quote Post
Bolzmania
post Feb 25 2009, 04:47 PM
Post #28

Knower
Group Icon

I'm using Pose Thumbnails. I've been using it for a long time and I know that you use it aswell.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 7 2009, 03:06 PM
Post #29

Master
Group Icon

Maybe I should check the pose mods out myself someday. Also, Daedroth. What armor mod is that in the first pic? For a female armour/clothes mod it is surprisingly modest. It might be something my sister would enjoy. (I swear, my underwear provides more coverage+protection than the average female 'armour'. Now I'm a guy, but it still counts.)

Which brings me to my next point. If you're playing a guy, do not ever let your sister/anyone else who uses female characters convince you to "buy that outfit from a mod I just downloaded." Odds are pretty damn good that it has a female only mesh which leads to...embarassing results.

Anyway, the textures on that armour in your third pic are simply amazing. Just look at those gauntlets.

Chiglet, I share your pain over the 'AI'. Just this morning I was going to fireball the emperor's murderer while we were both in a tunnel, at the amazing distance of half a metre. I have already pressed the button so I'm in the process of forming the divine light of fiery inconvenience. Cue Baurus rushing in and getting up in my face right when the fireball is released.
"That was not smart." I hope you were commenting on your own actions, dude. Cause yeah, that was pretty stupid indeed. nono.gif How the hell did he manage to squeeze passed me anyway?

As for custom character generation. It was there in Morrowind, and Daggerfall...I think. In Morrowind you could choose to 'fill out the forms yourself', which basically dumped you in the custom class generation. Although, it was a lot more viewerfriendly. But then again, I prefer Morrowinds interface over Oblivion's. Who the hell thought that going with a symbol-only interface was such a brilliant idea?

And to make this post legitimate, here are some pics again. This morning, I decided to play some more Oblivion again, send Luper into the Shivering Isles etc. Except I found out that all the savegames had been deleted. sad.gif I guess I should have been warned about that when the game decided to check my hardware and autoconfigure the settings. Bummer. At least all the mods are still there and I've now made a backup folder where I manually copy over my savegames.

So I had to start all over again and decided, quite on a whim, to make myself. Now the closest thing I have to a mirror is the shiny medicinal cabinet in the bathroom and I'm too lazy to run back and forth so I used a frying pan as a compromise.

Anyway, here I am. I don't have a camera or pictures of myself to use as comparison but it is close enough for me to be satisfied. And yes, my lips in real life really are that dark (a bit darker and more purplish actually, less shiney.) Seriously, sometimes I actually think it looks like I'm wearing lipstick even though I don't.
IPB Image
IPB Image

For Roleplaying, I've decided to use the following rules.

1: No heavy weapons. A dagger/shortsword is about as good as it gets. I'm pretty damn weak in real life, Oblivion's musclebound body be damned, so I'm not going to lug around a claymore or heavens forbid, a warhammer. The sword I'm wearing right now is just for decor really, I don't plan to use it. (except maybe for blocking.)
2: No heavy armour. Same reason. Gauntlets are excempt from this rule.
3: I'm a coward. No really, I'm probably the most pacifistic person I've ever met (in real life). So that's pretty much why the sword is purely aesthetic. I think I'll switch over from destruction to conjuration as soon as possible. Just because that is probably the most cowardly way of fighting possible.
4: When using a bow, Bound bows only. I'm assuming that the massive drawing strength of the Bound bow is actually part of the spell and not part of...me.
5: I'm a bard. That goes completely against the constant fireballing I did in the tutorial but Baurus said I looked like a bard so I'll roll with it.

Oh and before I forget.
6: I wear glasses. Since I wear them in real life, I might as well wear them in Cyrodiil.

Also, I'd like to point out that the hairdo is different than my own. I'm just using this one because it looks like something I'd actually have if I were in Tamriel. I mean, has anyone seen a barber?

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Mar 7 2009, 03:08 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Bolzmania
post Mar 7 2009, 09:48 PM
Post #30

Knower
Group Icon

The first armor is a vampire hunter armor which requires Roberts female body replacer or something like that. The other armor (in the third pic) is Aragorn's Royal Gear.

Now over to pictures:
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

I'm playing Morrowind sometimes too now. Only got like 2-3 mods installed though, "Emmas better Imperial Faces" and a Balmora mod.
IPB Image

This post has been edited by Daedroth: Mar 7 2009, 09:54 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Victoria
post Mar 8 2009, 05:04 PM
Post #31

Mouth
Group Icon

Click to Enlarge

Kay:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Sia:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Chloe:

IPB Image

Eva:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Brin:

IPB Image

This post has been edited by Floydian1: Aug 28 2009, 02:02 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
My Mods on TESNexus - Gallery - deviantART
Thanks to Gizmodian for the wonderful sig!
+Quote Post
Badda-Tish
post Mar 26 2009, 06:53 PM
Post #32

Agent

QUOTE(jack cloudy @ Mar 7 2009, 03:06 PM) *

Oh and before I forget.
6: I wear glasses. Since I wear them in real life, I might as well wear them in Cyrodiil.

I hope you donīt wear such grandma glasses as your character has.
Btw the pictures of Kay, that Floydian1 posted, is pretty hawt.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 26 2009, 09:35 PM
Post #33

Master
Group Icon

Heh, I don't. laugh.gif My real glasses fit my face a lot better but it was either these, fricking huge round ones, shades, a monocle or something very embarassing and very pink.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Bolzmania
post Mar 27 2009, 06:26 PM
Post #34

Knower
Group Icon

Really pink? Sure you installed the mod correctly?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Chimera
post Apr 2 2009, 03:28 PM
Post #35

Retainer

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

A few more:
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/images/1...-1220311193.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o41/AshleyT99/HW4.jpg

This post has been edited by Chimera: Apr 2 2009, 03:43 PM
+Quote Post
Badda-Tish
post Apr 18 2009, 11:01 PM
Post #36

Agent

Haha, Harry Potter with leather pants.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kaizerwolf
post Apr 23 2009, 02:33 AM
Post #37

Retainer

Okay, let me just say: Every picture i saw was completly and utterly awesomely amazing! I seriously loved EVERY one!

--------------------
Don't you ever wonder why tree's get up and walk? No? Well good. Neither do I.
+Quote Post
Chiglet
post Apr 23 2009, 11:43 AM
Post #38

Evoker

@ Jacl Cloudy, Daedroth, Chimera - Awesome shots!! bigsmile.gif salute.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

This post has been edited by Chiglet: Apr 23 2009, 11:45 AM

--------------------
To the Void we all shall go...
+Quote Post
Kaizerwolf
post Apr 23 2009, 01:15 PM
Post #39

Retainer

Haha, yeah, attack that wall! Beat it down! tongue.gif

--------------------
Don't you ever wonder why tree's get up and walk? No? Well good. Neither do I.
+Quote Post
Chimera
post May 2 2009, 10:21 PM
Post #40

Retainer

I have begun making CM companions if anyone is interested.

Samuel Jackson
IPB Image
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=24183

Adriana Lima:
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/images/2...-1240064399.jpg
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=23808

Natalie Portman:
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/images/2...-1240676411.jpg
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=24018

Sylar:
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/images/2...-1241140381.jpg
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=24127

More to come.

This post has been edited by Chimera: May 2 2009, 10:23 PM
+Quote Post

29 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:38 AM