213 Pages V « < 195 196 197 198 199 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
Grits
post Feb 2 2020, 10:55 PM
Post #3921

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh, I didn’t think about the chandelier chains poking out the roof. I do like that there’s not a loading door, though.

Jerric and friends have had an awesome time with Mid-Year Mayhem, despite the time of year. Hard-won victories, grueling defenses, lessons learned, and defeats from bitter to hilarious. Mostly it was charging across the map and knocking on doors, of course. Nice to use up some soul gems. tongue.gif

I have been pleasantly surprised at the honorable conduct shown by opposing faction players in the PvE areas. I’ve even had some start attacking me and then quit.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 6 2020, 03:13 AM
Post #3922

Councilor
Group Icon

Unna went and got the Outlaw Heads page from Hew's Bane for Laurie, so she felt obliged to get the last page (gloves) for herself. That meant tanking Captain Virindi Slave-Taker, who's nasty and beats her off solo. She managed to kill her four times, and pick up a duplicate daggers page as well.

In one fight, though, she did a total of 807k damage to the Captain, who has just over 2M health. That presumably means either Combat Metrics is broken, or the others only managed the other 1.2M between them. There were at least three each time, so their output must have been pathetic. Laurie's average DPS was under 4k, so they were long fights, over five minutes. She lost taunt quite often, but I didn't see anyone else trying to hold her. I suspect an ice staff.

Well at least I won't be wanting to do that one on Friday. We completed the motif, and it's off the list.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 6 2020, 12:49 PM
Post #3923

Paladin
Group Icon

'Grats to Laurie. . . and, whew! tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 6 2020, 07:36 PM
Post #3924

Councilor
Group Icon

I didn't think to save the cmx logs to review later, perhaps I should have done so.

I don't recall seeing any healing received from other players, except for a bit of AoE heal that they may have used on themselves. Most of her healing was her own regen. That makes me think none of them was actually a healer build, and Laurie was the only tank, even if there may have been a frost staff in use. Because we weren't grouped, I didn't have any data for how they were doing their damage, just the overall figures at the end.

What I think made it possible for Laurie to complete the fights for once, was that the other players provided the alternative targets for the Storm Barrage that usually killed her before. That gave her avenues of escape, as well as spreading the damage more ways. It does occur to me that the others' lack of dps may have been their need to avoid the attacks, or res themselves a lot. She was way too busy to look around, and without a group, had no HUD bars to guide her.

However, she'll find other WB's if she wants to do a solo. Not her fave for that.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Feb 6 2020, 07:38 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 7 2020, 05:45 PM
Post #3925

Councilor
Group Icon

ghastley, what a battle! I recall spending a lot of time running away from the Storm Barrage and waiting for my soul gem to kick in at that WB. Congrats on finishing the motif!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 9 2020, 03:31 PM
Post #3926

Councilor
Group Icon

Emboldened by her recent fights with the Captain, Laurie decided that she wanted to get herself the Mighty Chudan shoulders she's missing. We had four of the five key for the 50/50 chance between Velidreth and Chudan, so one more key would give her another go at it.

None of the crew has the Velidreth Helm. It was on sale at the Golden when we were on vacation in England, and away from the internet. We did catch the Mighty Chudan Helms, so there's more than one wanting shoulders.

Laurie probably set a world record for the slowest solo run of Spindleclutch I. I don;t think she was ever close to wiping, but her damage output was as low as 2k in some of the fights. And at the end we got our fifth set of Velidreth shoulders. sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Feb 14 2020, 04:58 PM
Post #3927

Master
Group Icon

After work on Wednesday the 12th, I decided to finally create my next toon. She had been on my mind for quite some time, but I needed to figure out her class, role, and most importantly, her name.

Thus my Argonian magsorc healer Rescues Guars in Trees was born in Elsweyr. She shares Julian's propensity for rescuing helpless animals, in her case guars. She came to Elsweyr to raise gold for her dream, to establish a guar rescue facility somewhere in Shadowfen. Not finding many backers in this southwestern portion of Tamriel, she decided to return to Mournhold to figure out her next step. However, she was sidetracked into Coldharbour. Upon her escape she discovered that she has a crew (Julian and company) who are willing to back her dream and even has a selection of guar-suitable property selected for her. Grateful for their trust in her, Rescues has decided to develop her skills and work her way across the Pact lands until she reaches Shadowfen.

Yesterday while working in Bleakrock, she met a fellow guildie and mage, Darnand Penoit. He invited her to join him on a couple of delves, and they tackled a nearby flesh atronach boss and speedily brought him down. Not bad for a couple of squishy mages! Then Rescues decided to join the Undaunted, and off they went for a fun romp with Gosse and Unna through Fungal Grotto I. She finished the afternoon with a couple more delves and world bosses with Darnand's friend Abiene in Rivenspire and Stonefalls.

Last night she saved the refugees from the invaders at Bleakrock, and drove more invaders off at Bal Foyen. She adored Humbled, which had already been somewhat furnished for her, and promised herself that she would return to complete the small garden. Thanks to all the guildies that helped her level up to 14! One more and she can do bar swapping! She is now in Davon's Watch, working on her trait research and training her little green guar.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 14 2020, 05:21 PM
Post #3928

Paladin
Group Icon

Welcome to Rescues! Long may she heal! tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 14 2020, 07:11 PM
Post #3929

Councilor
Group Icon

A warm welcome to Rescues Guars! Abiene and Darnand had a lovely time adventuring with her. I love the screenshots!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 14 2020, 07:48 PM
Post #3930

Councilor
Group Icon

Is that what happened? Unna was busy (on my coffee break) doing Deshaan dolmens for the Plague Doctor Jewels when we answered a call for volunteers for FG1. We were in and out of there in no time at all, and I went back to work with an unexpected skill point! laugh.gif

I should have taken a screen-shot, to make sure she was really there.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 15 2020, 09:16 AM
Post #3931

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 5 2020, 09:13 PM) *

Unna went and got the Outlaw Heads page from Hew's Bane for Laurie, so she felt obliged to get the last page (gloves) for herself. That meant tanking Captain Virindi Slave-Taker, who's nasty and beats her off solo. She managed to kill her four times, and pick up a duplicate daggers page as well.

In one fight, though, she did a total of 807k damage to the Captain, who has just over 2M health. That presumably means either Combat Metrics is broken, or the others only managed the other 1.2M between them. There were at least three each time, so their output must have been pathetic. Laurie's average DPS was under 4k, so they were long fights, over five minutes. She lost taunt quite often, but I didn't see anyone else trying to hold her. I suspect an ice staff.

Well at least I won't be wanting to do that one on Friday. We completed the motif, and it's off the list.

HOLY COW !!!!! 807K from 4000DPS? What a fight that must have been!!!!

Congrats on getting your armor motifs, and ... WHEW !!!! I'll bet you are glad that was over!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 15 2020, 09:38 AM
Post #3932

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Feb 14 2020, 10:58 AM) *

After work on Wednesday the 12th, I decided to finally create my next toon. She had been on my mind for quite some time, but I needed to figure out her class, role, and most importantly, her name.

Thus my Argonian magsorc healer Rescues Guars in Trees was born in Elsweyr. She shares Julian's propensity for rescuing helpless animals, in her case guars. She came to Elsweyr to raise gold for her dream, to establish a guar rescue facility somewhere in Shadowfen. Not finding many backers in this southwestern portion of Tamriel, she decided to return to Mournhold to figure out her next step. However, she was sidetracked into Coldharbour. Upon her escape she discovered that she has a crew (Julian and company) who are willing to back her dream and even has a selection of guar-suitable property selected for her. Grateful for their trust in her, Rescues has decided to develop her skills and work her way across the Pact lands until she reaches Shadowfen.

Yesterday while working in Bleakrock, she met a fellow guildie and mage, Darnand Penoit. He invited her to join him on a couple of delves, and they tackled a nearby flesh atronach boss and speedily brought him down. Not bad for a couple of squishy mages! Then Rescues decided to join the Undaunted, and off they went for a fun romp with Gosse and Unna through Fungal Grotto I. She finished the afternoon with a couple more delves and world bosses with Darnand's friend Abiene in Rivenspire and Stonefalls.

Last night she saved the refugees from the invaders at Bleakrock, and drove more invaders off at Bal Foyen. She adored Humbled, which had already been somewhat furnished for her, and promised herself that she would return to complete the small garden. Thanks to all the guildies that helped her level up to 14! One more and she can do bar swapping! She is now in Davon's Watch, working on her trait research and training her little green guar.

She has such gorgeous markings and color! And she has done FG1 before level 15? Holy Cow!!! Did you say what Class of Healer she is? (Templar, Warden, etc). I tried to find it, and couldn't see if you mentioned it. Sounds like you will have a lot of fun with this one! A huge welcome to her!

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 15 2020, 09:39 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Feb 15 2020, 04:13 PM
Post #3933

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 15 2020, 02:38 AM) *

She has such gorgeous markings and color! And she has done FG1 before level 15? Holy Cow!!! Did you say what Class of Healer she is? (Templar, Warden, etc). I tried to find it, and couldn't see if you mentioned it. Sounds like you will have a lot of fun with this one! A huge welcome to her!

She is Sorcerer Class, so Alise is no longer alone!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 17 2020, 04:46 PM
Post #3934

Councilor
Group Icon

Blosson is trying to get the "Hero of Wrothgar" achievement, and she's done everything she can manage solo. All that remains is the World Bosses, of which she needs 4 in total. Two down, by doing the WB dailies given out by Arzorag. The problem with these is that next to nobody else is doing them, in the absence of an Orsinium event. So she's lurking near the location, waiting for help most of the time.

Yesterday, at Mad Urkazbur, there were two of us, regularly wiping, until another pair turned up and turned the tide. Today she went to the Accursed Nursery, and found she was alone. So if anyone is around (preferably with a tank or healer - or both) see if she's still waiting, will you?

We got help from a group of other daily-do'ers, and then Jerric arrived just as we finished. tongue.gif

Jerric and Blossom then followed them to another WB, so she's now got the four and is HERO OF WROTHGAR!!!!

She then had to go lie down somewhere quiet for a while, and we finished off Jerric's Level 50, Laurie's Rank 9 Undaunted (plus a few skyshards to get the required skill point for the Undaunted Mettle passive). And more skyshards for another Jerric, and Undaunted points for my youngsters, and ...

Screen-shots! I knew we forgot something!

This post has been edited by ghastley: Feb 17 2020, 11:16 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 18 2020, 04:18 AM
Post #3935

Councilor
Group Icon

Congrats to the Wrothgar Hero! That was a fun run. I forgot to take screenshots too, but I know that it happened because it took some doing to sort out the Jerrics’ inventory this evening. tongue.gif

Jerric put those skill points to immediate use on the last (for now) of his skill morphs. Now Darnand is reminding me that he needs to find lore books. He can’t let the Nord stay ahead of him in the reading department.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 19 2020, 03:54 PM
Post #3936

Councilor
Group Icon

One problem we had on that run was the quest arrow frequently pointing to the wrong place. Especially ships inland, and North cave to the south, etc.

I had much the same on PTS last night, trying to find Lyris to start the Prologue quest. Quest arrow pointing to a location where she wasn't. However, this time I suspect the location was right, and she was just missing. It may be one of those situations where "she's in the Fighters Guild" means a specific one, but there's a quest arrow in each of the alternates, too.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 20 2020, 05:13 PM
Post #3937

Councilor
Group Icon

Rader (as Evelona) and I (as Laurie) went and broke the stalemate Laurie had had with Sharpfang at the Bramblepatch, and then did all the other WB's in Deshaan, because we were on a roll. The Guar was a tough one, and the Abomination was reluctant to die, too, although he wasn't doing any real damage himself. For the others, we had passing assistance, so they're harder to judge.

Rader's machine didn't crash, despite his expectations, so maybe it's gotten over the 'flu, or whatever it was.

And again, I didn't get any screen-shots. I need to write that on a sticky note somewhere. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 20 2020, 05:43 PM
Post #3938

Paladin
Group Icon

Haha! Acadian tried soloing Sharpfang long ago. Darn troll does little damage but regenerates health like a, well, troll. And Acadian is very much a pure tank - nearly unkillable but very low dps. The best either could do to each other was make each others' health bars wiggle betwee 97-100%. With no end in sight to the stalemate, Acadian gradually dragged Sharpfang back to where the troll reset and ran back to his spot. Glad you and Rader got some bosses done and also glad that Rader's puter may be doing better.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 21 2020, 10:34 PM
Post #3939

Councilor
Group Icon

Valdi turned her first werewolf today! It was pretty neat. Luckily the other player knew where to go. I could not remember since the guy who turned Valdi brought her to the shrine, she didn’t have to find it on her own.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 21 2020, 11:10 PM
Post #3940

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Feb 15 2020, 10:13 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 15 2020, 02:38 AM) *

She is Sorcerer Class, so Alise is no longer alone!

Oops!!! How did I miss that "MagSorc?" I am so embarrassed!!! Thank you!!! embarrased.gif

QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 17 2020, 10:46 AM) *

Blosson is trying to get the "Hero of Wrothgar" achievement, and she's done everything she can manage solo. All that remains is the World Bosses, of which she needs 4 in total. Two down, by doing the WB dailies given out by Arzorag. The problem with these is that next to nobody else is doing them, in the absence of an Orsinium event. So she's lurking near the location, waiting for help most of the time.

Yesterday, at Mad Urkazbur, there were two of us, regularly wiping, until another pair turned up and turned the tide. Today she went to the Accursed Nursery, and found she was alone. So if anyone is around (preferably with a tank or healer - or both) see if she's still waiting, will you?

We got help from a group of other daily-do'ers, and then Jerric arrived just as we finished. tongue.gif

Jerric and Blossom then followed them to another WB, so she's now got the four and is HERO OF WROTHGAR!!!!

She then had to go lie down somewhere quiet for a while, and we finished off Jerric's Level 50, Laurie's Rank 9 Undaunted (plus a few skyshards to get the required skill point for the Undaunted Mettle passive). And more skyshards for another Jerric, and Undaunted points for my youngsters, and ...

Screen-shots! I knew we forgot something!

Ooh, congrats on the Wrothgar Hero! I don't think even one of my characters has that one yet!!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 21 2020, 11:01 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 195 196 197 198 199 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:13 PM