Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rouge Mage's Journal
Stargazey
post May 15 2005, 02:28 AM
Post #1

Tes F'Ruum Leader

This is my first fan fiction, posted on the W40 at least wink.gif.
Hope you all like it biggrin.gif

Also, keep in mind, this a work in progress.

Rouge Mage’s Journal

Day 1
Curse the Mage’s Guild!! “We do not accept Necromancers”. You accepted Muzgrob, didn’t you? I will take my studies elsewhere. Perhaps the Telvanni would be interested. For now, I need a place to live. I packed up all my equipment and clothes and have no place to go. I’ve heard of a place called Sorkvild’s Tower, a short walk north of Dagon Fel. Perhaps I will go north and investigate.

Day 2
Well, I am victorious. I am badly wounded and have drained my magicka empty. The inhabitants of the Tower were easy to defeat, especially the Necromancer, Sorkvild. I fancied him as being a Necromancer worthy of fighting me. All he did was summon a few measly creations which were no match for my Clanfears and Dremoras. I tortured Sorkvild, with spells of fire and shock. He died a slow and painful death. Well, I must rest and then attend to other matters like creating defenses for my newfound home.

Day 3
I have set up defenses in my stronghold by enchanting some broken centurions and reanimating the corpses of the previous inhabitants. Sorkvild needed to be killed almost immediately, as he felt the need to rebel against me, his master. I disposed of his corpse once and for all, by tossing it into a lava pit. I did however salvage his head, which I now keep on a table in the corner of my study. I need to get to work trapping the doors, lest anyone get past my centurions.

Day 4
I have successfully set up my defenses. I have armed the centurions with poison spells and trapped the doors with enchantments that would fell Vivec himself. I am beginning my studies into the darkest types of magic. I have summoned a Dremora Lord which will be my assistant. Its first quest was to go and raid the local ancestral tombs, looking for fresh corpses. If he completes this quest well, I might not torture him.

Day 5
The Dremora failed in getting me the corpses, but I am too happy to care. The Temple has sent a party of five of their most powerful adventurers to come and destroy me and my “blasphemous creations”. The Dunmer are always the hardest to reanimate, but this will not pose a problem, simply a challenge.

Day 6
Most powerful adventurers, hah! I annihilated those measly Dunmer. One in particular fought with remarkable resolve, but after alternating freezing and shocking, he turned into nothing more than another corpse. I have decided to visit Sadrith Mora and conference with the Telvanni.

Day 7
I am ready to set out for my trip to the Telvanni. My Dremora assistant, who I have decided to name Merhunes, will stay and guard my stronghold. He will patrol the halls making sure that no thieves or plunderers have snuck in. Sadrith Mora is a long way and the locals will probably refuse me the use of their boat. I will have to use an Almsivi or Divine Intervention scroll and find my way from there.

Day 8
Blasted….Telvanni…..Not only did the spurn me from joining their House, but they tortured and humiliated me. That grizzled old troll, Neloth, shocked me and laughed while I writhed in pain at his feet. I vow revenge on those Telvanni dogs. Some day, perhaps not by my hand, those Telvanni will pay. I return home now to my stronghold where I will retire and tend to my wounds.

Day 9
My wounds have healed, but my hatred for both the Telvanni and the Mages Guild burns deep within. I have sent Merhunes out for some fresh corpses, but I doubt he will be successful. I have taken the temple adventurers and harvested their best parts. I will venture out tomorrow and visit a nearby tomb, which I have heard houses Berne Vampires.

Day 10
I am ready to embark on my trip to the Drethan Ancestral Tomb, where Berne Vampires dwells. I will go, learn what I can and then take the body parts I need. I was always fascinated with Vampirism and now my chance to learn of them is nigh. Perhaps I can convince the creature to join me, if not, I can kill it.

Day 11
The Vampires were not interested in an alliance so I summoned a Golden Saint which made short work of them. I took the corpse of a Dunmer Vampire back to the Tower and performed some experiments on it. I saw how a beast like this would react to alternate fire, shock and frost. The skin slowly reacted when shocked and frozen but fire had little to no effect on the beast. I will reanimate him tomorrow and see if what happens. I am currently studying another mystery, that of the Disappearance of the Dwarves.

Day 12

I have successfully reanimated the corpse of the Dunmer Vampire and have set it on some mundane tasks, specifically killing a villager and bringing me its corpse. Perhaps it will be successful, perhaps it will not. We shall see.

Day 13
The Vampire has failed me horribly, worse than a scamp. All he brought me was the severed head of a town guard, with bite marks all over his face. Obviously, Vampirism interferes with reanimation. I will destroy it’s corpse and delve deeper into the mystery of the Dwarves.

Day 14
Merhunes has informed me that a book that contains much information about the Dwarves is located in the Observatory of Galom Daeus, the base of the Berne Vampires. This will certainly be a dangerous quest, but I feel I am up to it. I will practice and rest and set out at dawn tomorrow. My experience with the Vampires in the Ancestral Tomb were most likely no practice for Raxle Berne, the head of this “clan” of Vampires.

Day 15
Today is the day I set out for Galom Daeus, the lair of the Berne Vampires. I have enchanted some scrolls with powerful shock and fire spells. I have studied some new spells and I have also enchanted an old Dwemer Shortsword I found lying around with paralysis and poison spells. Galom Daeus is very far away, so I will probably not return for many moons.

Day 25
I have done battle with the Lord of the Vampires and returned to tell the story. And what a story I shall tell. When I arrived in Galom Daeus, I drank an invisibility potion as to move undetected. I saw many of the fascinating beasts roaming the halls of the ancient ruin, as if they had no thoughts in their mind. I think one of them sensed me, but they did not react. I knew that Berne was in the Observatory, the uppermost region of the ruin. When I reached the observatory, my invisibility spell wore off, revealing me crouching in the lair of the most fearsome Vampire in all of Vvardenfell. He stared at me and I stared at him. For a moment no one moved. I broke the silence by casting my most powerful spell (Fire, Shock, and Paralysis) and lunged at the floor. The great beast didn’t have time to react and stood as still as stone. I pulled the sword from my sheath and lunged at him. But, before I could attack him, the paralysis wore off and hatred burned in his eyes. He cast a spell which sapped my health and magicka. He ripped a dagger out of his sheath and swung it at me. I ducked him and cut him with the shortsword, paralyzing him. I looked at him, paralyzed in time, like a statue. I brought my sword back and slit his throat. His body didn’t fall to the ground, due to the paralysis, but I saw the blood drain from his already pale face. I grabbed the book I was seeking and put it in my pack. When the spell wore off on Berne, I picked up his corpse and cast a spell of recall back to my stronghold, where I am currently studying his corpse. It was truly an amazing fight, something I will remember till my last day.

Day 26
The study of Berne’s corpse has been a fascinating one indeed, his skin resisting more magicka then the normal Vampire I killed from the local tomb. It was only by pure luck that he did not resist the spells I cast in our battle. I will have to find some method of preserving this corpse, for later study. For the moment, I should go about researching that Dwemer book I obtained from Galom Daeus.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post May 15 2005, 02:36 AM
Post #2

Mouth
Group Icon

Yay! biggrin.gif A story about a necromancer, finally. Good job! :goodjob: Me likey.
+Quote Post
Stargazey
post May 15 2005, 02:38 AM
Post #3

Tes F'Ruum Leader

[quote=MerGirl]Yay! biggrin.gif A story about a necromancer, finally. Good job! :goodjob: Me likey.[/quote]

They like me, they really like me biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post May 15 2005, 02:49 AM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

wow. thats good, a journal has a diffrent lay-out then I usually read but it is good none the less. but my one question when is this happening? after all this is over? during? just a few minor details and it would be as close to perfect as it can be. (i say this only because nothing can be perfect)

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
Stargazey
post May 15 2005, 02:56 AM
Post #5

Tes F'Ruum Leader

[quote=Soulseeker3.0]wow. thats good, a journal has a diffrent lay-out then I usually read but it is good none the less. but my one question when is this happening? after all this is over? during? just a few minor details and it would be as close to perfect as it can be. (i say this only because nothing can be perfect)[/quote]

Well, the Rouge Mage is a certain famous Morrowind personality, so I guess it takes place a little bit before.

:eek: Who knows? Not I.
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post May 15 2005, 03:02 AM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

oh sorry I meant is he filling out the journal as we read it or are we reading his journal after he is done with his "adventure"?

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
Stargazey
post May 15 2005, 03:03 AM
Post #7

Tes F'Ruum Leader

[quote=Soulseeker3.0]oh sorry I meant is he filling out the journal as we read it or are we reading his journal after he is done with his "adventure"?[/quote]

As it happens.
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post May 15 2005, 03:03 AM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

ooh ok thanks.

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

+Quote Post
Burnt Sierra
post May 21 2005, 11:17 AM
Post #9

Two Headed cat
Group Icon

[quote=Stargazey][quote=MerGirl]Yay! biggrin.gif A story about a necromancer, finally. Good job! :goodjob: Me likey.[/quote]

They like me, they really like me biggrin.gif biggrin.gif[/quote]

Lol and the oscar goes to...... Of course they like you, and the journal too. Why wouldn't they? Now, stop celebrating, and get writing some more! tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Stargazey
post May 22 2005, 02:55 AM
Post #10

Tes F'Ruum Leader

A minor update, enjoy biggrin.gif.

Day 27
Good news has come to me in my deserted tower. Merhunes has brought me the most spectacular news, news that might change my studies for ever. Merhunes has found out that that Werewolves dwell on the frozen island to the north, Solstheim. Apparently, the beasts are servants of the Daedra Hircine, Prince of the Hunt. I will travel there at a later date, after my Dwemer studies are completed. For now, I have heard of a book called Divine Metaphysics, about the Dwemer. I must find this book, but I am tired. For now I retire.

Day 28
A fresh day has begun and my quest has started anew. I will go talk to Baladas Demnevanni, a rouge wizard living near Gnisis. He is a Dwemer expert, and not yet affiliated with the Telvanni or the Mages Guild. I will visit him tommorrow, setting out late tonight.
+Quote Post
jonajosa
post May 22 2005, 02:59 AM
Post #11

Unregistered

just got done reading all this. Bery nice and diffrent than the other things posted here. Very nice.

Any update is a good one no-matter what size.
+Quote Post
minque
post May 22 2005, 11:00 AM
Post #12

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Like he said, mr jona, very nice and definitely different which is a great plus! so i ask you nicely to please keep it coming... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post May 22 2005, 05:35 PM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

nice update

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

+Quote Post
MerGirl
post May 23 2005, 12:44 AM
Post #14

Mouth
Group Icon

Oh man, you updated? When was this?! :shocked: *looks at date* Oh. Wow, I'm slow... Anyway, pleasepleasepleaseplease update soon? smile.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:56 AM