Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oasis Chapter 2, Trouble with the mages.
minque
post Mar 17 2006, 09:08 PM
Post #81

Wise Woman
Group Icon

As usual, I´m not commenting as much as I´d want to....but I have to agree with the other readers here, it´s a very good story and I´m enjoying reading it...even if I don´t comment after every installment!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 17 2006, 09:32 PM
Post #82

Master
Group Icon

I apreciate all the nice comments. This is probably the end of chapter 2. Luper won't get problems with the mages anymore (Though he does get problems with other people). I need some preparation for the next chapter, so it might take some time before I post again. Anyway, enjoy!

Skink was pleased to hear that I had managed to find someone who could arrange that meeting for him, but he was a bit distracted to say the least.
,,Blight, what makes it that more creatures are blighted every day?” He said to no one in particular.

That reminded me of the rat I’d met near Dagon Fel. If this Blight was contained by the Ghostfence, it wouldn’t hurt to start a small investigation of my own. I first transported to Balmora where I bought a couple of potions from Ajira as well as placing my mark back at my house there. After that, I transported to Ald’rhun from where I followed the signs to the Ghostgate.

Ashstorms, more Ashstorms and Cliffracers. How could those stupid birds possibly fly in this kind of weather? The closer I got to the fence, the worse the weather became. No matter what the damn Ghostfence contained, its weathercontrol was pathetic.

I only noticed he Ghostgate when I bumped into it. After hacking my way through a pair of Cliffracers, I felt my way to the door and went in.

The place I’d entered was known as the tower of dusk, according to the sign mounted on the wall. The place combined Redoran architecture with my least favourite people, Ordinators. I was going to hate this place.

Some of the people here displayed excessive wealth. I saw a few walking around in suits that had green crystals of some kind embedded into it and even a few with masks that looked like the head of that thing I met in the Daedric ruins.
,,I should kill that Guar, these boots are ruined.” And they had a herd of Guars around somewhere.

I rented a room for the night and then sat down with a drink to wait for the storm to pass.
Most people I saw in the room were pilgrims who had apparently come to visit a shrine. They were all laughing and telling stories about the hardships they had to endure while coming here. Among them was a very drunk mage who was talking about how he saved his life by summoning some sort of ridiculously overpowered Daedra he probably imagined on the spot.

He was getting louder with each glass he threw back, and more annoying. In the end, he had decided he would prove his skills at summoning and brought a Scamp into the room which started to trash the furniture. All the other pilgrims scattered in panic. So much for his super Daedra, Scamps weren’t very dangerous.

I put down my drink. You couldn’t even relax here with these drunks around. I took my Claymore out of its scabbard that I’d put on the ground next to my chair.

The Claymore sank deep in the Scamp’s chest and it clawed weakly at the blade as it blew out its last breath. The Claymore lifted out of the body and returned to my hand. I hadn’t even left my chair. Telekinesis was great if you felt lazy.
,,Next time you do that, this Claymore is going to end up somewhere else. Understand?” I said to the mage and returned to my drink. The room had gotten nice and quite. Probably cause I just scared the hell out of everyone.

I did some sightseeing as well as popping in at the armorer’s shop. This guy was loaded with the green stuff which he called glass. Damn expensive also. Just the sword would take all of my money. But there where always alternatives.

I waited till everyone went to sleep before coming out of my room. With a hand on my amulet of shadows, I went back to the armorer and robbed him blind. I then went into the room of another pilgrim, who had been boasting about his expensive suit of Ebony and relieved him of the burden. With the help of a few feather spells, I lugged it all out of the building and buried the stuff out of sight behind a hill. I also put my own possessions like my armour in the hole. With the ash blowing around, no one would know that I’d been digging and my clothes had already been dirty with the ash when I first came here, so no one would suspect me. Satisfied, I went back to my room to catch some sleep.

Next morning, I was awoken by the sound of people shouting and running around. Before I knew it, an Ordinator barged into the room.
,,You, Outlander! You must be the thief!” Yep, being an Outlander sure is handy.
I looked around the room as if I was confused and then answered on my most outraged tone.
,,Me, a thief?! I’ve been robbed blind myself! Where’s my Orcish armour?!”

The morning was quite funny. The Ordinators ran all over the place to interrogate people and find a suitable suspect. No one even thought of suspecting me since they all saw me as the victim. Finally I decided it was time to play out the last part of my scheme.
,,That’s it. I’m leaving!” I yelled and walked to the door. There were a few people claiming it would be suicide without armour and weapons, but I didn’t listen.

Outside, I took a look at the Ghostfence for the first time. It was a wonderful barrier of magicka, but I missed the roof. How where they going to contain anything if there wasn’t a roof? Any cliffracer or levitating mage could get past easily. That concluded the investigation, I dug up my loot and recalled back to Balmora with it.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Mar 17 2006, 09:55 PM
Post #83

Mouth
Group Icon

HAHA...that one was truly funny...a real Oasis solution, robbing eberyone blind while they were sleeping. But be carefull, he might get caugth.

AS for the whole chapter, I loved it, you have a really funny style to write in, and I have had many fun moments on this story. Thanks alot.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Mar 17 2006, 10:57 PM
Post #84

Knower
Group Icon

Hahaha case closed, Ghostfence has no top. That makes perfect sense. Keep up the great work! I love this series!!!!

--------------------
“Worry not, young Breton. This will be over very quickly but I wish I could say that it would be painless. You will suffer greatly before you join the countless other souls that fuel my power.” - Taillus
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Mar 18 2006, 12:20 AM
Post #85

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Hehe, that last bit was pretty funny. I love the comical aspect of this story, it seems as if the main character does not intend to be funny but he just is. I really like this story, please continue.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:42 AM