Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oasis chapter 3, In the enemies lair. Umm, mushroom.
jack cloudy
post Apr 1 2006, 07:06 PM
Post #41

Master
Group Icon

Haha, glad you all enjoy it.
Now here comes how Luper got his hands on my most favourite armour. (That I have at the moment smile.gif )

I was walking near Ebonheart like that when I noticed something strange. Why in the name of the Daedra would someone want to place a door underneath the water? That made me very curious. I slayed a rat and threw it into the water to distract any Slaughterfish before going in.
The door proved to be somewhat hard to open, but I managed and entered the cave that was behind it.

The cave was lit by torches which instantly put me on my guard. Torches meant that this place was inhabited. I slowly made my way through the twisting passage till I finally arrived at a campfire with an Imperial Legionnaire. Or that was what the man must’ve been once.
He was clearly a bit whacko. And he was wearing a suit of armour that I instantly recognized even though I’d never seen it before.

The gleaming surface, the decorations and the small lion’s head. There was only one cuirass like that in the world. It was the Lord’s Mail, one of the most famous suits of armour in the world. And one of the most elusive. And it was clearly the reason why he was sitting here. From what little he said before pulling out his sword, I learned that he had stolen it from the castle. Just how this precious artefact came into the castle in the first place he didn’t tell. I didn’t ask, I was too busy avoiding his blade.

We exchanged blows for a while but it was clear that none of us held a clear advantage. I was quicker on my feet and my Glass armour was more than adequate at stopping his sword, but the Lord’s Mail was more than capable of stopping Daedric weapons, which were far more powerful than my Glass sword. This required some common sense.

The Lord’s Mail was by far the best part of his defense, and he knew it. In fact, he didn’t even bother to defend himself against anything that was aimed at his chest. The only part of his body that was undefended was his head, and he did everything he could to keep my sword away from it. I took advantage of that by aiming a slow and way too obvious thrust at his chest. He didn’t bother to defend himself and instead tried to hit me on the head with his sword. I blocked his attack with my shield and suddenly changed the direction my own sword had been travelling in, making it pick up speed as it did so.

What was a thrust at the chest turned into a thrust where his neck connected to his head. The glass blade slid through the soft skin and ended up in the man’s brains. Needless to say, he was death within a heartbeat.

I took particular delight in stripping the Lord’s Mail of him. True, it had been stolen but I wasn’t going to return it. Even if they gave me a million Septims and the whole island as a reward, it wouldn’t satisfy me as much as adding the artefact to my collection. I tried it on for fun, even though it was too big for me. Without a sound, the cuirass’s size changed till it fit perfectly. That was a big surprise, but a nice one. I decided to wear it from now on. It was much better than my Glass cuirass.

I left the cave as quickly as possible, before any Imperials would come to investigate the disappearance of the armour. I spent till nightfall in travelling the islands east of Ebonheart in search of another cave that held a legendary artefact according to Ajira.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Apr 1 2006, 08:02 PM
Post #42

Knower
Group Icon

Alright! The Lord's mail cuirass is without a doubt the best looking article in Morrowind. It just screams "Yeah that is right, I am wearing Lord's Mail. Just try and take it!" Oh yeah. Oasis is really stylin now.

--------------------
“Worry not, young Breton. This will be over very quickly but I wish I could say that it would be painless. You will suffer greatly before you join the countless other souls that fuel my power.” - Taillus
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Apr 1 2006, 08:35 PM
Post #43

Knower
Group Icon

An artifact, the first of a collection. Nice. Luper has much the same passion as I did in Morrowind, amasing great treasures and stashing them in my stronghold. I liked to keep the helmets on display. Well, Luper can continue with his artifact passion, it's mighty fine by me.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 2 2006, 01:17 PM
Post #44

Master
Group Icon

Collecting is just about everything I do in Morrowind. I love to find rare artefacts.
Now just a short update before I've got to go.

It had begun to rain when I found the entrance. Since I arrived here, I’d learned not to count on any hospitality from people living in caves. I slowly eased the door open and slipped inside with my sword drawn. It looked like being careful and silent had been the right choice. Just a few metres from the entrance stood a Frost Atronach with its back turned towards me.
I released the powers of my Amulet of Shadows before moving in and putting all my strength behind a thrust through its frosty heart.

The Atronach fell down to the floor in a pile of ice. There was an ominous blue light further down the cave, so I made my way towards it before my spell would run out. Another Atronach fell in the same way as the first.

That’s how I went through the cave. Like a shadow, dispatching every single Daedra with a well aimed blow. The only creature that survived the first blow was a Storm Atronach. It spun around and fired Lightning in the direction from which the blow had came. I spun with it and struck it for a second time at the same spot. That killed the Atronach.

I had made my way to the bottom of a platform when I realized that my spell was about to end. I hid underneath the platform and weighed my options as I became visible again. I had already taken a good look at what was on the platform. On the platform stood a mage, clearly the master of all the Daedra I had defeated. There were also a large number of scrolls within reach of the wizard. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were used to summon nasty big Daedra.

After a few moments, I got an idea. As long as the mage wasn’t a collector like myself, there was a large possibility that she would believe the Lord’s Mail to be some sort of Imperial armour. With my mind set on the plan, I walked up the ladder like there was nothing to worry about.
,,Imperial Legion! You are under arrest, witch!” I shouted in my best imitation of your average Imperial Legionnaire.

,,Under what charges?” She asked as her hand went towards one of the scrolls.
,,For conducting illegal experiments and aligning yourself with the forces of Oblivion!”
The scroll was now in her hands.
,,So they sent one foolish little Legionnaire? Do you know that I can summon a Daedra to destroy you like I would crush a fly?” Yep, knew it. One summoning scroll.

,,Put down the damn scroll. In case you didn’t notice, the Daedra you already had have take a single journey back to Oblivion. Besides, half the garrison of Ebonheart is standing outside. I believe you don’t have enough scrolls for all of them. Now are you coming?”
After hearing that, she hung her head in defeat and agreed to come outside.

I would’ve loved to see her face when we came outside with no Legionnaires in sight. Too bad she had her back turned towards me.
,,Fool! How dare you?! There is no Legion here and you are not a Legionnaire, despite your Legionnaire armour! I should kill you where you stand!” She shouted with a very angry look and took hold of her staff.

I leaned casually against the doorframe.
,,Listen, witch. There is a subtle difference between an Imperial armour and what I am wearing. Imperial armour looks nice and is crap. On the other hand, the Lord’s mail looks nice and can stop any Daedric weapon. In other words, your piece of wood is useless! So who is the tough guy now? Just hand it over and I’ll let you have fun in your cave. You know what I’m talking about.”
She knew but preferred not to give it and have me turned into a specimen for undead experiments. I settled the argument with some good old glass. As I’d already told her, the wooden staff merely bounced of my shiny cuirass.

The Warlock’s ring. A nice and interesting artefact. Unique and legendary, just the way I liked it. I put it in my pockets and headed in the direction of Mount Kand. According to Ajira, there was a very nice staff to be found there.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Apr 2 2006, 01:50 PM
Post #45

Knower
Group Icon

Great update! I though the witch in question was the witch holding Chrysamere because she too lives in a cave full of Daedra. Seems I was wrong, still, great update on your part. I absolutely love Luper's creative and humorous way of dealing with things. Genius! Keep up the great work!

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 2 2006, 06:36 PM
Post #46

Master
Group Icon

Chrysamere, what's that? If it is a rare one of a kind artefact, I want it! cool.gif
Now, I've just written enough to get him back on the main quest. Enjoy.

Ashstorms, I really hated this weather. Why did there had to be a damn Volcano here? Also interesting was the fact that I’d seen a couple of flame Atronachs walking around. Now what was going on here?

But that wasn’t any of my concern. I trudged up the hills of Mount Kand and looked around for the cave, cursing the weather along the way. When I found it, I was actually glad to be out of the ash, even though I bet the cave was filled with nasties. I took the time to take out another Chameleon spell before going inside.

A Daedroth, where had the days gone that people were content with something as simple as a skeleton? These Daedra blunted my sword all the time. I really needed to get something more durable. I buried my blade in its neck and moved on.
I came across a second and repeated the process. There was also a female High Elf. She didn’t had what I was looking for, so I decided to simply slip past.

At the far end of the cave I found a Frost atronach which I killed at the same time that my chameleon spell wore off. And just my luck, I was spotted.
,,N’Wah!” A very angry wizard shouted and conjured a Storm Atronach. Oh, this was just great. I love it when I get myself stuck in deadly situations.

I managed to avoid the first bolt of lightning but knew that I wouldn’t be able to avoid all of them, especially since the wizard was now also flinging spells at me. Ducking and weaving, I managed to get the Atronach on one side, and the wizard on the other. Then, I ducked and saw how they blasted each other. The Atronach was the one who survived the following blastfest and I took the time to finish it off before walking over to the mage to pick up the staff.

The Staff of Magnus. I didn’t knew where Ajira got her secrets from, but she sure had a damn good source. Just as I was admiring the craftsmanship of the ancient weapon, the High Elf came looking for the source of all the commotion with a whole bunch of Daedra behind her.
I smiled, I loved it when people had good timing.
,,Oh lookie here, it’s the local zoo. Now I would love to stay around and have a nice chat over some Flin, but I’ve got to be going. So see yah!” I said and recalled to my mushroom.

Back home, I dropped the staff. I would have no need for two staffs and if I wanted to walk around the Telvanni, the Silver staff of Peace was a better choice. I also dropped my sword that was now in really bad shape. After having done that, I took a Divine intervention to Skink, put on an Invisibility spell and had myself sent to Balmora.

The first thing I did in Balmora was to head for my old home. Inside, I opened the closet and felt in a pair of my old shoes. Sure enough, I came up with one ring and a small note.
,,Ajira hopes that this ring pleases friend Oasis. Ajira must go now before the mage guild knows that she is gone.”
I left a note to thank her on the same spot, just in case she came back.

I was just pouring myself a cup of Mazte when someone knocked on the door. Now who could that be? I slipped the ring onto my finger just in case.
,,Come in.”
A Dark Elf came in and at the end of a short rope, he held a slave. Slave delivery service for Vorar Helas, anyone?

The Dark Elf looked somewhat confused, but recovered fast enough. Finding a Redguard who supposedly dealt in slaves must have been a surprise.
,,Are you Vorar Helas? Please Excuse me, but I had expected you to be a Dunmer.” He said.
,,No, I’m not Vorar Helas. Master Helas is out for a moment. You may leave his slave here. In the meantime, I’ll give you his reward. Could you wait for a moment?” I muttered.
When he was distracted, I hit him on the head with the jug of Mazte and watched him sink to the ground. I then pinned a note to him that said he was a slaver and then cast a Divine Intervention spell on him. I’m sure that the Imperials at the fort knew what to do.

I turned to the slave, who was another frightened Khajitt. I gave her some money and told her that she should book a passage to Ebonheart and find the Argonian mission. If anyone stopped her along the way, she should say that she was on an important errant for a Telvanni master, which was quite close to the truth. I watched her go and was just felling sad about the waste of some good Mazte when the doors opened again.

,,Another slave?! Look, how many did the guy want?!” I shouted at the slaver. Except that, it wasn’t a slaver.
,,So, you’re back in town? What in the name of the Divines took you so long? You’ve passed through Balmora multiple times and even had time to throw a party here with your furry friend, but you never even gave a single thought about me.” Caius said, looking rather angry. Umm, oops would be a good thing to say right now.

,,Sorry, but I just couldn’t go pay you a visit, it would be the end of me. The Telvanni would kill me. I’ve got a vacation right now, so tell me what you want.” I responded. Fortunately, he cooled down enough.

,,I need you to get some information from an Ashlander called Hassour Zainsubani, somewhere in Ald’Rhun. You know the drill, get the information and report back to me. I’ll forget about the time that you were gone if you do this. You can get to it right now.” Caius said and pointed at the door. Since I had everything I needed already packed, I left immediately. I didn’t go to Ald’Rhun. No, first I made a detour to cover up some loose ends.

,,What do you want, Outlander?” The Dark Elf scumbag of Hla Oad said. He wasn’t so polite when he didn’t had any slaves to transport.
,,Luper Alkad, I brought Rabinna to Vorar Helas remember?” I answered while doing my best to contain my anger.
,,Ah yes, I hope he was pleased?”
,,So pleased I killed him.”
He simply shrugged. ,,Well, that takes care of my debt. So, did you come to get something?”

I raised my hand with the ring I had enchanted. ,,Sure, your heads will do.”
In a twirling cloud of Magicka, a mighty Daedric blade took shape and new strength burned in my muscles. That was what I had the ring enchanted with. The soul of the Golden Saint was powerful enough to keep the sword in this plane forever as well as increasing the power of my muscles. Best of all, the sword was lighter than a feather.
,,This is for Rabinna and all the other slaves you’ve dealt in.” That was the end of the Camonna Tong in Hla Oad. They were strong enough to boss over a cowed slave, but they couldn’t survive a blade of Daedric origin.

After the slaughter, I took the long walk to Ald’Rhun.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Apr 2 2006, 08:08 PM
Post #47

Knower
Group Icon

Chrysamere is one of the best swords in Morrowind. A claymore also know as "The Paladin's Blade" which had great enchantments on it that boost various things like health regenaration. It's kind of southwest of Sadrith Mora, in a cave called Abanabi I think. But to get back on topic the update was great. You weaved in the MQ nicely. I loved it, I especially like his little forrays into Balmora at night.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 3 2006, 10:04 AM
Post #48

Master
Group Icon

So it is a one of a kind, Uber Claymore? Only one thing I have to say about this. I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT!!! biggrin.gif

Umm, yeah I'll just get back to the story for now. Just a short one.

After passing some more Ashstorms along the way, I finally made it in the end. I really needed to change my armour to something that could keep the ash out, but that would have to wait till I returned to my lovable mushroom. Seeing as I was rather bored and I would probably have to run another errant, I first dropped by in the bookstore to see if they had anything interesting. My choice fell on a book called Ashlander hymns. People always told me that the Ashlanders were a bunch of brainless cavepeople, so their songs would probably consist of stuff like HUWAARGH, URRGH and more of those. It would be good for a short laugh.

Well, it turned out not to contain funny cavemen sounds. It was filled with poetry. Crap, I hated poetry. It was so freaking romantic most of the time and I am not a romantic type of guy. True, having spent about fifteen years in jail from the time you were eight doesn’t leave a lot of opportunities for romance, but that didn’t matter. Heck, when I met this woman outside Pelagiad, she was the romantic one not me.

Apparently she had been robbed by a Dark Elf. Not only her jewels but he also got her heart. Now she wanted me to run errant boy back to Pelagiad. I simply told her that it would be a lot quicker if she went to Pelagiad herself and promptly decided to raid the nearest tomb. Treasure hunting, now that is my kind of romance.

Now where was I? Oh yeah, I had to talk to this Ashlander. Asking for directions brought me to the inn and I found him within five minutes. This was too easy. He thought he was smart by teaching me about some sort of Ashlander gift tradition. Yep, you like books? Then get my little book filled with boring poetry and give me the damn information. Notes in hand, I got on a Silt Strider and went back to Balmora.

,,You’re back early. I wished you were always that fast.” Caius said when I slipped into his house. This spy thing and moving undetected became easier and easier.
Caius seemed to be worrie dabout something. He was constantly hopping around on his feet.
,,Ok shirtless, what is it?”

,,Look, Luper. I believe it is time you learned the truth. I am violating my orders, so please keep your mouth shut. I am going to tell you just why I’ve let you run all across the island for this information. Luper, you were sent here as a fake Nerevarine to improve the Emperor’s grip on the province. I however, believe that you might actually be the real one. That’s why you have the right to know.” He said. I could see that the words were hard for him to speak.

,,Hold it. Me, the Nerevarine? Did the Skooma get to you? Hello, I am an Outlander and on top of that, I’m not even a Dark Elf. I represent everything that this Nerevarine is supposed to destroy. You’ve got to be kidding. I’ve read the notes and we share the same birthday, so what? Thousands of people have been born at that day.” I nearly shouted at him.
,,Quiet. Yes, it doesn’t sound right. But whatever is the case, I want you to go to the Urshilaku and ask their Wise Woman about the prophecies. They will know if you are the Nerevarine. If you are not, then all we can do is to find the real one and decide what to do.”

Before going to the Urshilaku, I picked up a few supplies that Caius had arranged for me in fort Moonmoth. After that, I recalled to my mushroom. I spent the night with modifying the Ebony armour I’d taken from a Daedric Shrine to fit my size. I also took the necessary precautions to make it suitable for travelling through ashstorms. I geared up in a full suit of Ebony with the exception of the cuirass, for which I chose the Lord’s Mail. Normally I would prefer lighter armour for my mobility, but with the power of my enchanted ring, all the extra weight of Ebony wouldn’t bother me at all.

Having prepared, I took a Divine Intervention to Sadrith Mora followed by the long boattrip to Khuul on the other side of the island. From there, I made my way through the ashlands and arrived at the camp after a few days.

--------------------
+Quote Post
treydog
post Apr 3 2006, 03:14 PM
Post #49

Master
Group Icon

Loved Luper's crafty method with the summoner in the cave. It will be interesting to see what the Ashlanders make of him.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 3 2006, 09:38 PM
Post #50

Master
Group Icon

One update before I take a nap.

Needless to say, the Ashlanders were quite surprised to see an Outlander walk into their camp.
,,What do you want, Outlander?” The one who appeared to be their leader asked. He kept a Chitin club within reach at all times. Chitin, did they really think that they could even scratch my armour with that?

,,I’m here to speak to your Wise Woman. It regards the Nerevarine phrophecies.” I hoped that they would simply let me pass. No such luck though.
,,Are you a member of the temple who has come here to slay our Wise Woman? Explain your allegiance.” Was the answer that I received. Wow, these people were paranoid.

,,No, I am not with the temple. I’ve come here on my own. You see, some guy who can have me killed if I don’t do what he says thinks that I am the Nerevarine. This is ridiculous, but I prefer to keep him satisfied so that my skin stays in one piece. I just want to meet your Wise Woman so that she can say that I am just a normal Redguard. After that I will leave and you won’t hear from me again.”
Their leader stepped forward.
,,I am Zabamund, Gulahkan of the Urshilaku. Go speak with our Ashkan. Tell him that Zabamund sent you. He shall judge whether or not you are worthy of meeting our Wise Woman.” After that, the Ashlanders all went back to their duties.

I went into the tent as calmly as possible and managed to explain the situation before the Askcan tried to put a spear through my helmet.
,,So you wish to see our Wise Woman. To do that, you must be a clanfriend. I shall test your resolve. Go to the south where you shall find our burial grounds. Recover the bow of Sul-Senipul, my father. Be careful, the guardians of the tomb are strong and plentiful. They shall see you as their enemy. Now go and do not return before you have succeeded.” He said. A test, can’t I ever just get things without having to fetch something first?

After a short walk, I found the tomb. Before I could enter, I had to kill something that once had been human. At least I think it was human, underneath the deformations of flesh. What for disease could do this? I hoped I would never have to find out.

The Ashkan had been right about the guardians. A bunch of Skeletons rushed me with silver weapons once I was inside. Their movements were much smoother than those of their lesser brethren, which told me that I was facing Skeleton Champions. Didn’t matter, a few powerful swings with my Daedric blade turned them into dust.

The tomb was huge, but there wasn’t much of value if I didn’t counted the Silver weapons wielded by the Skeletons. I did found a few artefacts, including a nice Glass Claymore that according to the inscriptions on the handle was known as Magebane. A nice addition for my collection.

After a long walk and countless interruptions by walking collections of bone, I made it to the place where Sul-Senipul was buried. Unfortunately for me, his soul had refused to be buried with the body and now floated around with the bow I needed.
,,Excuse me, Sul-Senipul? Your son requests that I retrieve your bow for him. Would you please give it to me?” I asked. His response was an arrow that bounced of my armour.

,,I take it that you’re trying to tell me that I have to get it myself. Fine, have it your way.” I muttered and cast a Levitation spell to put us on the same level. Some fireballs and a last swing of my sword made the ghost drop in a pile of Ectoplasm. I grabbed the bow before it hit the floor and left the tomb. I hoped that the Ashkan wouldn’t be upset that I just busted his father.

He wasn’t upset. He told me to keep the bow and honour his father with every arrow I fired. He then brought me to the Wise Woman. Not much luck there. She told me that I wasn’t the Nerevarine, but I could become him. Crap, couldn’t she just say no? I was not a hero and I didn’t want to become one. Whatever, I took the quick route of Almsivi back to civilization, and Caius.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Apr 3 2006, 09:54 PM
Post #51

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Sorry if I haven't commented in a while, I just caught up again and this story is every bit as good as it was when I left off. You build the character's wants and needs so well that they seem very alive and real, which is a huge plus in a story. Keep up the good work mate.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 4 2006, 02:38 PM
Post #52

Master
Group Icon

Alright, the last update of the chapter. I must say that I really like the way Bethesda did this part of the storyline, even though you could see it coming from miles away.

,,So you are not the Nerevarine yet but you might become the Nerevarine? Strange, it would have been a lot easier if you got a simple yes or no. Whatever is the case, I need to find the Dissident priests. They’re not on my map, that’s for sure.” Caius commented and diverted all his attention back to the huge map he had stretched out over the floor. The whole thing was littered with funny symbols that might mean something to Caius but they were useless to me.

,,Want to hear the opinion of a retired smuggler?” I suddenly said after having stared at his map for a while.
,,I suppose it can’t hurt. Go ahead.”

,,Great. Now the Dissident priests are being hunted by the temple so they’ll want to be as far away from it as possible. I don’t think they’ve gone to the mainland, that’s a bit too far. That leaves the Ashlands, all the islands around Vvardenfell and inside the Ghostfence. The Ghostfence is a bit close to Dagoth Ur and his pals if he’s alive. The Ashlanders probably won’t let the priests on their land, they have been part of the Tribunal after all. That leaves the islands. Now the western islands are all close to Hlaalu and Redoran territory which also means close to the temple. Now the Telvanni in the east don’t really seem to care about the temple and as a result I have yet to find the usual temples. If you ask me, the priests are on an island in the southeast. Away from anyone that wants to kill them but still close enough to civilization to be reached by a small fishing boat that won’t draw any attention.” It sounded wellthought to me, but who knew how the spymaster thought.

,,Hmm, so this is what a smuggler learns? Alright, I’ll have my agents take a look over there. In the meantime, I‘ve received some bad news from Buckmoth.” Caius paused for a moment as he cleared his thoughts. Whatever it was, it was something that really scared the crap out of him.
,,Fort Buckmoth has sent a patrol to a Sixth House base. Only one man came back. He was infected with the corprus. He was nearly mad and died soon after, but he managed to tell us that someone named Dagoth Gares had given him the Corprus. I wished there was another way, but you will have to go there and stop Dagoth Gares. Be careful, whatever is in there, it managed to defeat a whole patrol.” He continued. Oh, crap.

,,Caius, this is suicide! Am I expected to go in alone?!” I yelled at him. Losing my skin or getting infected with this corprus was the last thing I wanted.
,,Sorry Luper, but there is no other way. However, if anyone can do this, it’s you. I’ve seen you grow since you first came into this door. Then, you were a honourless little bully with no manners. Now, you are a battlehardened veteran who has the skill, the tools and the will to wipe the floor with anything that stands in your way. You are on your own, but more capable than the poor men that have been sent to their doom. I won’t force you to go.”

In the end I made up my mind and left for Fort Buckmoth. I didn’t go just because of Caius or the lost patrol. I also went to find out once and for all the connection between the Sixth House, the death Dagoth Ur and the Nerevarine prophecies. With a bit of luck, I would also find proof that I wasn’t a mythical hero and just a normal Redguard.

I first stopped over at Fort Buckmoth to gather as much information as possible. Going in unprepared was the last thing I needed. What I heard wasn’t so nice. I stocked up on cure disease potions just in case. This Corprus sounded really bad.

The entrance to the Sixth House base looked like every other cave, with the exception of something lying outside that looked like human flesh. No flies touched it and even I could smell the evil curse emanating from it. I didn’t touch it. Inside, the first to greet me was a skeleton and a Daedroth. I took them out without too much difficulty and after taking a deep breath, I ventured into the darkness.

The Skeleton and the Daedroth weren’t enough to wipe out a patrol and what I found inside wasn’t enough either. Hulks of what where once humans lumbered towards me and never tried to avoid my blade as I struck them down. So these where victims of the Corprus. I never slowed my blade. I would be doing them a favour by killing them.

The Dreamers were just as easy to kill but making the decision was harder. They were clearly insane and rushed at me while wearing nothing but their pants and wielding a cheap club. They fell after just one swipe of my blade. The trip through the cave had turned into a step-slash-step process.

Finally, I arrived at the heart of the cave and found before me something that looked like a Daedroth mixed with a Dark Elf. I was shocked when it opened its mouth and began to speak.
,,Greetings, Luper Alkad. I have been told to expect you. Or should I say, Lord Nerevar?”
For a moment I thought that this was some kind of bad joke but I then realized that the thing had no sense of humor. It was speaking the truth. I was Nerevar.

,,Why are you so sure that I am Nerevar?” I asked out of pure curiosity.
,,I have been told by my lord, Dagoth Ur. You bear the mark of Nerevar, and I can see it. You have betrayed your friend beneath Red Mountain. Yet despite of that, Dagoth Ur has given me a message. Listen to what he says. Once we were friends and brothers, Lord Nerevar, in peace and in war. Yet beneath Red Mountain, you struck me down as I guarded the treasure you bound me by oath to defend. But, remembering our old friendship, I would forgive you, and raise you high in my service.” The horrible monster stopped.
,,I am not your lord, but I too will ask you. Have you come to join us and gain the power to avenge yourself on the empire that has slain your family and used you as its pawn? Or have you come to strike me down with your weapons?”

After a short hesitation, I put my hand on its chest.
,,I have not come here for friendship, nor for the words of your lord. Dagoth Gares, I shall kill you and do you want to know why? You’ve got bad breath and you smell horribly.” I said.
It smiled with an evil grin.
,,How are you going to kill me, Nerevar? You hold no weapon.”

I gave a smile of my own.
,,This is for the people you have cursed with your Corprus.” I said and summoned my Daedric sword that cleaved through the abomination as soon as it appeared in the hand I held on its chest.

The thing slid of the blade and fell to the floor. Even in its death, it had the last laugh.
,,Corprus is not a curse, but a blessing. And even though you have sworn to be Dagoth Ur’s enemy, I shall bless you with the corprus. If you won’t join as a friend, you shall join as a servant.” It then raised its hands and cast a spell that filled the room with the curse before dying. I had been infected.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Apr 4 2006, 05:24 PM
Post #53

Knower
Group Icon

Great Update! So it seems that Luper is going down the path of Lord Nerevar Reborn. Interesting. I wonder if it will lead to the events at Red Mountain and the slaying of Dagoth Ur? Keep up the great work!

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:52 PM