Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New Comp Incoming - Hoping for Suggestions
ArtemisNoir
post Mar 18 2015, 02:34 AM
Post #1

Evoker

After quietly squirrelling away cash, where possible, over the last year or so I'm finally in the position where I'm able to replace my aged machine. I have run this thing for around 8 years, and while it has been great.. it is time to put it out to pasture. So... within the next few days I am going to be ordering shiny, new, modern components, including a 980 card, an SSD for my OS and 16 GB RAM..... biggrin.gif This should be quite the experience.. right now I have a "whopping" 2 GB RAM and a 550 TI on a dual core (actually the 550 extended this computer's lifespan by a good 2 or so years, it's been excellent).

Anyway... please excuse the blather... I'm just kind of excited. cool.gif
The actual point of this thread is that I plan to do a substantial modding job on Oblivion in terms of visuals; I don't typically focus on eye candy all that much when I play games, but since I will be able to, hey.. why not? So.. I'm hoping people might be able to make some recommendations in terms of texture packs, ENBs and all those tasty items. I have browsed through Nexus to a fair degree, but personal suggestions are always great.

Note, I already do use Unique Landscapes and a reduced version of Qarl's pack, but that is about as much as my poor beast can handle on top of OOO and a large number of other mods. I'm sort of amazed it is as stable as it is... Also, while I wouldn't describe myself as being extremely hardcore about lore, I do generally prefer mods that feel as though they could have been packaged with the vanilla game.

Cheers for any advice! smile.gif

This post has been edited by ArtemisNoir2: Mar 18 2015, 02:50 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
haute ecole rider
post Mar 22 2015, 03:37 AM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

I can vouch for Hi Res Road Textures. I've been using it on my old graphics card without problems. On the current one it is combined with Qarls Redimized Textures and Distant Terrain. The roads look sooo much better with this mod.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:05 AM