5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Unlimited..., The Unplanned...
minque
post Dec 9 2005, 07:04 PM
Post #41

Wise Woman
Group Icon

I´m glad you sorted things out between you, Florodine and Intestinal! Otherwise I would have to lock this thread immediately.

So keep om suggesting different ideas but remember: NO insulting and NO "name-calling" OK??

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Aki
post Dec 9 2005, 08:31 PM
Post #42

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(The Wolf @ Dec 9 2005, 10:49 AM)
I might join too, as some sort of beast/critter/pet...
Is there cats in Elder Scrolls?

TES has all the animals the real world does, AFAIK. Hammerfell even has camels...

Its just that Morrowind and its mainland have more fantastic and exotic flora and fauna...like giant bugs (Shalk, silt striders, etc.) Sea critters, reptiles...

Though, being a cat might limit you, why not be a Khajiit of the breed 'Alfiq'? Alfiq look like House Cats but (susposedly) are great mages, or something. And other Khajiit can probably understand them. But, whatever. biggrin.gif

as i said my idea is only a suggestion, and its actually from another RP i was in

Its best to keep original. Rather than be the W4O version another RP. Just saying... ;)

--------------------
IPB Image

"You’ve put up a good fight, but I’m through playing. Now I’m going to kick your [censored] and tell of my glory under the next full moon. Die well.”

+Quote Post
Lizard
post Dec 10 2005, 04:42 AM
Post #43

Retainer

Oh... I have an idea! Someone will post a little something they will want to be in the RP, then someone else will post something, and so on... we can combine the best ideas of everyone and create one ultimate compromise RP!
+Quote Post
The Wolf
post Dec 10 2005, 08:03 AM
Post #44

Agent

QUOTE(Aki @ Dec 9 2005, 10:31 PM)
TES has all the animals the real world does, AFAIK. Hammerfell even has camels...

Its just that Morrowind and its mainland have more fantastic and exotic flora and fauna...like giant bugs (Shalk, silt striders, etc.) Sea critters, reptiles...

Though, being a cat might limit you, why not be a Khajiit of the breed 'Alfiq'? Alfiq look like House Cats but (susposedly) are great mages, or something. And other Khajiit can probably understand them. But, whatever.  biggrin.gif
Its best to keep original. Rather than be the W4O version another RP. Just saying... ;)

Wow. I hadn't heard of those khajiits before!

*mumble mumble random words* *starts to plan out an alfiq character*

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Aki
post Dec 10 2005, 09:44 AM
Post #45

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(The Wolf @ Dec 10 2005, 02:03 AM)
Wow. I hadn't heard of those khajiits before!
*mumble mumble random words* *starts to plan out an alfiq character*

You've obviously never read 'Mixed Unit tatics' volume whatever. It had a Khajiit vs. Bosmer battle. IIRC, the Khajiit won, partially because of the Alfiq. cool.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

"You’ve put up a good fight, but I’m through playing. Now I’m going to kick your [censored] and tell of my glory under the next full moon. Die well.”

+Quote Post
Kell-Reevor
post Dec 10 2005, 01:33 PM
Post #46

Finder
Group Icon

Oh... I have an idea! Someone will post a little something they will want to be in the RP, then someone else will post something, and so on... we can combine the best ideas of everyone and create one ultimate compromise RP!

I really don't care what ends up in the RP, but I have noticed that RPs that somehow involve a 'war of sorts' tend to be more lasting.

Just an idea.
+Quote Post
Lizard
post Dec 11 2005, 07:25 PM
Post #47

Retainer

Yeah, a war of some sorts would be good, but I don't want it to be JUST a war.
+Quote Post
Intestinal Chaos
post Dec 12 2005, 04:26 AM
Post #48

Mouth
Group Icon

War sounds interesting. I had an idea for a war with Akivar, but we certanly don't know enough about the Akiviri people (or the continent at that!) to be doing that.
+Quote Post
minque
post Dec 12 2005, 06:47 PM
Post #49

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Ok..I know you guys like a good ol´war...but let´s listen to the Lizard here and involve other things as well.....we are pretty good at that by now.....just look at WOH it´s intrigues mostly I´d say!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
The Wolf
post Dec 12 2005, 07:45 PM
Post #50

Agent

All I can do is Laugh Out Loud.

This is how my thoughts went. A war. It's between 2 groups, right? Families => Houses. Would a war between houses be a good idea? War of the Houses.... .... Damn! happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post Dec 12 2005, 10:09 PM
Post #51

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(The Wolf @ Dec 12 2005, 02:45 PM)
All I can do is Laugh Out Loud.

This is how my thoughts went. A war. It's between 2 groups, right? Families => Houses. Would a war between houses be a good idea? War of the Houses.... .... Damn! happy.gif

yeah its been done. what if we extended on the AMU type storyline.. likegood vs evil
just maybe a lttle more evil in there and a bit deeper and more character driven than AMU

--------------------
War is over if you want it.
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Dec 12 2005, 10:27 PM
Post #52

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(ShogunSniper @ Dec 12 2005, 04:09 PM)
yeah its been done.  what if we extended on the AMU type storyline.. likegood vs evil
just maybe a lttle more evil in there and a bit deeper and more character driven than AMU

I can see how AMU could have been deeper; but more character driven? The characters were the only drivers of that car. It was almost completely lacking plot.

Anyway, I don't know how well an unplanned RP would go. I mean, if you had no planning, how would any problems be worked out, and the fights scenes would be incredibly boring, and consisting of things like this.

"Superman swings his super-sword at RooRoo!"

"RooRoo blocks! and swings his sword at Superman!"

"Superman blocks and swings again at RooRoo!"

I f you can't plan the fight, nobody is going to want their character put in a place where they can't get out alive, so they aren't going o let them get in that kind of spot in the first place.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post Dec 13 2005, 12:21 AM
Post #53

Master
Group Icon

maybe char. driven was the wrong phrase... i just cant think of a good one now.. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lizard
post Dec 14 2005, 03:07 AM
Post #54

Retainer

One reason why I don't necessarily like completely planned RPs is because the freeform RPs at one of my forums pwn.

But the idea of planning is an amazing idea and helps keep the RP in shape. I like that. So... let's get on with the planning for the storyline.

Wars tend to get a little boring (and tend to go on forever with one, unchangable plot), but if we had a crisis of some sort with The Empire, or maybe strange rumors of powerful creatures coming true in one town, or something like that, it could last forever with a twisting plot that could go on and on and on, rather than a war which eventually ends (battles are good, though, you just can't go without 'em). But, RP wars can be fun, and have a good storyline. IF we are going to have a war of some sorts, something like World War II is a pretty good thing to base it off of IMO.
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Dec 14 2005, 03:58 AM
Post #55

Master
Group Icon

Hey... how 'bout we have vamps popping up around Vvardenfell (or were wever). Like they are coming out of hiding and such.

like we can have the three (right?) Vampire groups start to take over the island and we could either be the vampires or the vampire hunters... Just an idea.

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post Dec 14 2005, 03:59 AM
Post #56

Master
Group Icon

perhaps large numbers of undead have been appearing? make it like a horror RP.

EDIT: or soul's idea, i had that one a while ago. wouldn't mind some vamps. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by ShogunSniper: Dec 14 2005, 04:00 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Dec 14 2005, 07:07 PM
Post #57

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Hmmm I would though......Ewwww wacko.gif

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Dec 14 2005, 10:37 PM
Post #58

Master
Group Icon

Well, noone is asking you to play... tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
minque
post Dec 14 2005, 10:46 PM
Post #59

Wise Woman
Group Icon

hrmmm........noo that is true, but I have the right to say I would mind vampires don´t I...And I´m fully occupied with the running rp:s........ kvright.gif

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Dec 14 2005, 10:49 PM
Post #60

Master
Group Icon

yeah... i'm just messin around

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:30 PM