Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

120 Pages V « < 65 66 67 68 69 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Cyrodiil, spoilers version, TES: 4 Oblivion character accounts & stories
Renee
post May 14 2020, 01:07 AM
Post #1321

Councilor
Group Icon

Sutch is really well done. You should get it built into your game. Its fort is incomplete at first, but over time... well I don't want to spoil. I also have the IMPEReal version too + the patch. I use this version + the base Sutch mod to simulate 20 years after the 4th Era.

Hopefully I can serve a little more Kahreem of Weet this weekend. I've been drinking on weekends, partially to deal with all the COVID [censored] that gets me down. Hence, my gaming has been pretty sporadic.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
macole
post May 14 2020, 04:13 AM
Post #1322

Mouth
Group Icon

@Renee: Not to worry about spoilers, I've read the mod sheet many times; wink, wink.
I can get Vilja to whip up a potion for you if you'd like? A little spiced rum and Dr. Pepper guaranteed to cure what ails ya. If it don't turn your hair green first, that is.

Taken in moderation of course.

This post has been edited by macole: May 14 2020, 08:18 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
macole
post May 14 2020, 08:25 AM
Post #1323

Mouth
Group Icon

20200514 Fort Sutch Ruins
We got as far as the ruins of Fort Sutch when hearing some strange noises coming from the ruined fortress we decided to investigate.

Entering the ruins we could hear sounds of joyous celebration echoing from deep within the dark halls of the ruin. Cautiously we advanced until we were stopped by a lowered iron gate. A quick pull of a nearby lever opened the gate and we proceeded to cross over a bridge to where the noise was coming from. Wondering, what good is a gate when the opening lever is so easy to get to?

Unfortunately the answer became very clear when the celebration noise had stopped. The racket of raising the rusty gate had alerted the revelers. We prepared ourselves for the worst so when the attack came we were ready.
Five mercenaries, four Orc females and one Nord male came charging from a dark hallway. They gave us a tough fight but I’m thinking that they were a little tuckered out from their orgy, err celebrating their latest heist that they fell quick enough to our blades.

Two more waylaid us in another hallway, another female Orc mercenary and an Altmer marauder the stunning Captain Cymbaginia Larethias. Woo wee, the infamous Cymbaginia’s Sword of Fracturing combined with her ebony and orcish armor is going to fetch us a hefty bag of septims, for sure.

(Is it OOO or MOO that puts names to NPCs? I’m not sure but I like it.)

“Feache better search that one thoroughly,” Kaleah teased. “Those Altmer skirts are known to hide their gemstones in the most insidious places.”

After looting the ruins of Fort Sutch we left thinking we’d head east a ways before turning north. Walking along enjoying the day; Vilja collecting ingredients and Pym chasing fireflies (until she caught one and burned her fingers), I was just about ready to turn north when Kaleah stopped.

Pointing to some nearby Ayleid ruins Kaleah hissed, “She is there.”

“Who?” Maeva asked.

“The Keeper of the Flame, a Collector, one of those who are sent to retrieve apostates.”

Kaleah, the one who laughs in the face of danger was visibly upset about something inside the Ayleid ruins of Trumbe. Nothing is taking Kaleah away against her will. Not now, not ever!

Pym was staring at me with those big vacant eyes it was like I could hear her thoughts, “There is only one thing to do. Go to Trumbe and send whatever is there back to wherever it came from.”

Rising up to my imposing near Bosmer male height and looking up into Kaleah’s beautiful heterochromia eyes I firmly said, “I ain’t afraid of no daedra!”

“My glorious little Feache, I know you’re not.” Kaleah beamed.

With that we marched off to Trumbe. May those who stand before us tremble at our approach.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 14 2020, 08:10 PM
Post #1324

Paladin
Group Icon

Some nice loot from Sutch, sounds like.

'Pym chasing fireflies (until she caught one and burned her fingers),'
- - laugh.gif

Trouble in Trumbe? A Kaleah hunter is it? Let the hunter become the hunted.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post May 15 2020, 07:25 AM
Post #1325

Mouth
Group Icon

@Acadian: You know where I got the fireflies idea from? Hope you don't mind.

20200515 Trumbe - Nico’s Scimitars, The Alyeid Steps
Standing outside the gate of Trumbe Kaleah looked at me and said, “You got a little melodramatic there. Please, control yourself until later when it’s important.”

Trumbe proved to be a mid-sized Ayleid structure infected with undead creatures; lich, skeletal warriors and the like. No real problem for a seasoned team of dungeon crawlers.

One lich made a big mistake by turning his back to us as he summoned a zombie.

The awful sounds of a lich and the terrifying screams of a skeletal warrior reverberated off Trumbe’s marble walls as we approached a gated room. As soon as the gate was down a skeletal champion attacked us. Kaleah hung back providing ranged support while Maeva and Pym stepped up to meet the skeletal champion.

I managed to get past the battle with the skeletal champion to find the Keeper of the Flame. The Keeper of the Flame leaps into the fray.

Leaving Maeva to battle the skeletal champion, Pym and Wolfgang came to my aid. The fight was soon over after that.

The Keeper of the Flame has been sent back to the waters of Oblivion minus the two flaming scimitars, which are now mine.

(Nico’s Scimitars, not overpowered and darn good looking. Years ago when I first installed this the Keeper was found dead. Discovered that OOO spawns and the Keeper of the Flame are not compatible. So this time I was expecting a dead Keeper. Didn’t happen, why? Reloading and redoing Trumble a few times I saw a pattern. Sometime OOO spawns a spectral warrior, sometimes not. Whenever there’s a spectral warrior the Keeper is found already slain. No spectral warrior then the Keeper is found alive and full of fight. Being alive is definitely more fun.
Instead of trying to fix the faction issue if that is what it is, I decided to change the narration. Had the Keeper had been found dead as expected then Kaleah would not have felt the presence of an adversary. Instead it would have been an honor bound sister in dire straits catching her attention. We would have just been too late.)

Off in the corner we could see the shimmering tree markings of an Ayleid door. Trumble-Erfinsel opened with the ancient key. Stepping through the doorway we found ourselves standing in a fairly large step stone way point. An Ayleid plaque hung on the wall that I’m unable to translate. Better make note of this place.

Can you imagine using a step stone to transport here and then step through the door unprepared into the room we just came from? Lich, skeletal warriors, spectral warriors, and the possibility of an angry Keeper of the Flame; I don’t want to think about it.

We left Trumble feeling good with ourselves for having sent the Keeper back whence she came. With that we broke out in song as we traveled north to help the time go by faster.

“I'm a gonna dance with my princess
By the light of the magical moon
I love ev'ry dance with my baby
By the light of the magical moon
As I go along my way, I say hey-hey
As I go along my way, I say hey-hey.”

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 15 2020, 05:27 PM
Post #1326

Ancient
Group Icon

Those are some cool flaming scimitars.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 15 2020, 07:29 PM
Post #1327

Paladin
Group Icon

Sounds like some serious fighting to get through Trumbe - but, as you say, not so much for your team.

So the Keeper of the Flame is no longer keeping those nifty flaming blue swords and Kaleah has one less thing to worry about for now.

And Pym can go back to chasing fireflies. (Yup, I remember your 'Caption This' comment). tongue.gif Wait. . . is that a butterfly over there?

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 17 2020, 03:02 PM
Post #1328

Councilor
Group Icon

That sounds really scary. I agree, the sounds undead make in Oblivion used to terrify me. Still give me shivers to this day. emot-ninja1.gif Which is good. I have heard Daggerfall is even creepier.

I can't view your pictures on this ancient browser I'm using today, but love the poetry!

QUOTE(macole @ May 13 2020, 11:13 PM) *
I can get Vilja to whip up a potion for you if you'd like? A little spiced rum and Dr. Pepper guaranteed to cure what ails ya. If it don't turn your hair green first, that is.

Oh heck yes, give me some! ... Only problem is I am not telling her how much money I have. Nope, no Renee-funded shopping sprees for Miss Vilja. nono.gif

Last we saw, 'the Redguard' was headed back to the Waterfront, but having some problems.

---------------------------------------

Sun's Height 26, 3rd Era 434, 4:36 pm

Days Passed: 334

IPB Image

There was no question. The rain was not abating, it was time to move on. The Redguard had been standing 'his' horse on a large boulder above two vicious enemies, for the better part of an hour: an Imperial soldier and a black bear. Waiting for this pair to somehow turn on one another. Because they were supposed to be natural enemies! Why weren't they turning, then?!

Eventually, it was time to move on. The soldier somehow managed to climb the slippery rock. Took a swing with his expensive silver sword. Caught the Redguard right in the leg.

"HEY!"

Time to roam. The Redguard burst from the safety of his rock, and head off down the hill. Great Forest below. Full gallop of hooves. He accelerates 'his' horse through the forest. Initial enemies fall far behind. But ... there are always more enemies ahead. That is why they call it The Great Forest. Something flashes yellow to the Redguard's left, as he moves by at high speed. A giant, dopey minotaur stands up the road, too dumb to quickly comprehend, as a literal week's worth of food clops its way by.

And finally, another soldier. He dismounts his own legion horse ... *schwing* goes his sword as he readies it. Rain continues to fall. Good thing these horses are so sure-footed.

"STOP!"

The Redguard does not stop. The soldier takes a swing with his expensive silver sword, but he's too late. The Redguard rushes off, just a minute more, before finally slowing down. Looks over his shoulder. Nobody is on his trail.

Suddenyl, he remembers the mask.

"Ah. The mask. I have got the mask! How could I forget?"

Events had been so chaotic over the previous couple of days. The Redguard reaches into his nightsack, pushes aside the slab of salted beef, and there it is. Given to him by Corvus Umbranox, Count of Anvil, it's the mask of the Gray Fox. The long-mysterious Gray Cowl of Nocturnal. Over the past eight months or so, every time he'd met the Gray Fox, he'd been wearing this mask. This cowl.

"Finally, after all my taunts, all those months, he finally revealed himself."

Yes he did. Corvus Umbranox. Long-respected Count of Anvil. Was the Gray Fox! He'd been missing for years; presumed deceased. Yet all that time, he had been hiding all over Cyrodiil. An upper-class manor here, a lowlife shack amongst poor people there. The Redguard smiles at the thought. Corvus Umbranox, a man even more crafty than himself. A true master of disguise.

He reaches into his nightsack, and brushes some salt away. He'd have to take better care of this rare and very useful cowl. No more leaving it aside pieces of food, and bottles of wine.

"Oh, this is precious."

He places the mask upon his head, instantly gaining its spell of life-detection ability. He smiles. But then grumbles. To his dismay, he can now see there's something out there, rushing toward him. Drats! Another bear! Time to move on.

IPB Image

After another few minutes of rushing, finally he exits the forest. Lo! It's White Gold Tower and the Imperial City, straight ahead! Back to safety. He slows their pace. Trots the horse down the hill, and steadies on flatter ground. Eventually, he realizes he must come to a decision: continue on the road to Weye, or swim the horse across Lake Rumare. Riding through Weye could be a problem. To avoid having some confrontation with some Legion Guard, it would be better to swim the horse across to the Waterfront, where Armand Christophe would quickly take care of his bounty. Things can get back to normal.

"But I'll get wet if I do that."

Never mind that his clothes are already soaked from the rain. He opts for Weye. Walks slowly there, hoping nobody is outside. With his new cowl's life-detecting ability, he sees a purple shape moseying leisurely in front of one of Weye's cottages. The Redguard assumes it's just that Breton man, the one who's always lurking around his yard. The one who's always complaining about those damned fish. Good, nothing to worry about.

"Ah fokke."

But it's not that Breton man up ahead. In fact, the Breton is nowhere to be seen. Maybe he's had enough of the rain, too. Clearly, he's not so worried about those damned fish today. No, as the Redguard nears the life-detected blob of magical essence blocking the road, he then sees that there are actually two life-detected blobs of magical essence, blocking the road. And one of them is riding upon the other.

"You're wanted dead or alive, Gray Fox!" says the third Legion Soldier encountered for the day. "This will be easier if you're dead!" he glowers.

"Oh. Oh this? You are referring to this gray mask I'm wearing? Hey, this mask isn't mine! Some man gave it to me. In fact, the Count of Anvil gave it to me. Yes you heard right, sir. The Count of Anvil, gave this mask, to me. Hard to believe, but I swear it's true. Now, if this mask has anything to do with the so-called Gray Fox, I got nothing to do with any of that."

The guard continues to glower. Fingers the haft of his sword hungrily.

"So it's the mask, is what I'm saying. It looks just like that mask in all those Gray Fox posters, ha! So yes, I can see how a mistake of recognition could be made here. So you're saying you think I am the Gray Fox, all because I'm wearing this mask?"

"I'll make Captain for this!"

The Redguard curses his luck once again. "I highly doubt that, sir." Time to move on. "You can try to follow me I guess. Do you know how to swim?" Fortunately, the Waterfront is less than a mile away.

---------------------------------

Note: when the game started up, Kahreem was now riding three feet above the horse! Obviously a glitch, but a funny one.

Meet the new boss

This post has been edited by Renee: May 17 2020, 04:50 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post May 17 2020, 05:38 PM
Post #1329

Master
Group Icon

@macole - are you using some graphics overhaul? Your game looks very...sharp.

@Renee - LoL, he had the precious mask stored next to salted beef? rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 17 2020, 06:11 PM
Post #1330

Ancient
Group Icon

Kahreem was eating cream of wheat from his mask? laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 17 2020, 07:00 PM
Post #1331

Paladin
Group Icon

Kahreem's take on the mask and questline is fun to read. That detect life sure will be handy for him . . . once he gets a little more practice learning how to assess which pink blobs are threats and which are not. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post May 17 2020, 07:28 PM
Post #1332

Master
Group Icon

I still can't help but laugh, because one of the most prized Daedric artifacts of all times was being stored right next to salted beef. rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post May 18 2020, 02:32 AM
Post #1333

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ May 17 2020, 11:38 AM) *

@macole - are you using some graphics overhaul? Your game looks very...sharp.

Yes, you could say I use some graphics overhaul. Using Bevilex' modlist for Oblivion as a guide I installed the suggested an ENB prest, Oblivion Reloaded, and some 147 texture, body, and face replacers. I have a total of 294 packages installed which includes 265 active mods; esm and esp. Game looks incredible, runs real smooth, and hardly ever crashes. That is unless everyone starts throwing fireballs.

This post has been edited by macole: May 18 2020, 02:35 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 18 2020, 01:57 PM
Post #1334

Councilor
Group Icon

I really like that dual-wielding sword NPC, that looks wicked, macole!

Yah, Kahreem is my most careless character of all. biggrin.gif I am glad it was him who did Thieves Guild, and not Lou Zehr (who wasn't fun to write about) or one other who started TG.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 18 2020, 06:20 PM
Post #1335

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 17 2020, 04:02 PM) *

Note: when the game started up, Kahreem was now riding three feet above the horse! Obviously a glitch, but a funny one.

Somehow I feel this could only have happened to Kahreem rollinglaugh.gif

Great story! Can't wait to see what the Weet bandit will be up to next now that he is the new top of the pops biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
macole
post May 19 2020, 07:19 AM
Post #1336

Mouth
Group Icon

@Renee - I think this is a better shot of the Keeper of the Flame. She is welcome to join my little party anytime but she is bound by honor and duty and is not likely to change allegiance.

What’s really neat about the swords is that they are scripted to both sheath at the hip or on the back (there’s an esp for each). Both swords are equipped or unequipped in a single action.

Daggerfall Style Skeletons screams are in my mod list.

The Redguard,,, the more I read it the more I’m laughing. This is really good. He’s quick on his feet but needs to work on his persuasion skill a bit.
Then there’s Kahreem floating above the horse. Nothing relieves saddle sores like a little levitation spell. And they say levitation is banned in Cyrodiil.

20200519 Rebuilding the Orrery
With the removal of the Keeper of the Flame Kaleah was feeling much less anxious about traveling the Highlands. Good thing too because even though it was late in the day and we were exhausted my Ladies didn’t feel up to the disorienting effect, slight as it is of teleportation. So we walked heading NNE until well past dark.

It was around 11:00PM when we spied the flickering yellow glow of a campfire. It wouldn’t hurt to ask if they’d be willing to share their campfire for the night. As we made our way to the camp site we nearly tripped over the body of a dead bandit. Searching the body of we found a Dwemer cog and an undelivered letter revealing the locations of more stolen Dwemer artifacts. This must be Camp Ales Bothiel had mentioned in the letter.

From out of the darkness came a lone legionnaire demanding to know what was going on.

After announcing ourselves and presenting Bothiel’s letter we told the legionnaire we were investigating the theft of Dwarven artifacts from Morrowind, destined for the Universitum Arcanorum. Anyone conspiring to sell stolen Dwemer artifacts for profit will suffer greatly.

For a moment I thought I heard the legionnaire mumble something about losing early retirement.

The legionnaire accepted our story and continued his patrol. Sometimes it pays to be the Champion of Cyrodiil.

A few hours sleep and we were up at dawn refreshed and ready to go. It was raining and the legionnaire was still hanging about. He said he was standing guard as we slept. Kaleah who sleeps with one eye open, whispered in my ear that the legionnaire just stood there all night starring at the Dwemer cog.

As a thank you for a job well done I gave the legionnaire a one-day pass to Gweden. He tucked it under his armor, gave a salute and with a “Glad to be of service” turned and headed south.

We on the other hand quickly packed up and took off. Continuing in a NNE direction we climbed higher into the Colovian Highlands.

“Sometimes I don’t think you know where you are going”, I heard Vilja complain. “You never ask me where we should go.”

Vilja is always complaining that I don’t ask her what we should do so I asked her. And what did she say?

“I don’t know, go kill something?”

“Yeah!” both Kaleah and Maeva enthusiastically voiced their opinion. Pym just smiled and pointed a nearby Ayleid ruin, Varondo.

Ok, into Varondo we go. Who knows maybe we’ll find some bedrolls where we can take a nap.

This post has been edited by macole: May 19 2020, 07:45 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post May 24 2020, 07:29 AM
Post #1337

Mouth
Group Icon

20200523 Nico’s Scimitars prt2
Before we entered Varondo for the first time I warned my Ladies to be careful don’t fall prey to impulsive actions. Did they listen? No, we hadn’t gone ten steps when lessons learned were soon forgotten. We passed a locked gate behind which daedra were milling about. Kaleah, still obsessed by the Keeper of the Flame in Trumbe, led My Ladies in trying to get at the daedra on the other side.

Unable to unlock the gate or to get my Ladies to relinquish their attack, I continued on alone. It wasn’t long before I found myself in a most precarious situation. Those depraved daedra conjuring Guardians of Oblivion were everywhere and so were their summoned minions. I was afraid that this was the end when one by one my Ladies began to arrive.

Just in time too. Raeght and his brother Fhis had joined the battle. With his great sword Raeght laid low Kaleah and Pym as he cut his way toward me. His attack was relentless but the point of my blade found an opening. Then I ended him rightly.

His brother Fhis fared no better when we corned him in the next hallway. The beauty of an Arcane Shield he carried I gave to Maeva.

With the first level of Varondo now quiet, we entered Varondo-Beldastare. As in the first level we were nearly overwhelmed by the Guardians of Oblivion and their Daedra allies. To help even the odds I summoned Marky and the Sisters of Insanity. Take no prisoners, my beatuies.

Masters at the Universitum Arcanorum teach that spells have their own color it just happens so quickly you can hardly ever see it. Here with the heavy fighting kicking-up so much dust in the damp air, the color of magic hung suspended in the air like a cloud.

Surrounded, the Beldastare leader Vannyssa Copperwing looked around desperately but there were no more Daedra or Guardians left to come to her aid. My Ladies don’t take kindly to those that mistreat me. It’s either that or they are very possessive and don’t want to share.

With the fighting over, as we went about looting Varondo-Beldastare. We discover more Ayleid step stones. By the Goddess these steps put you in the most dangerous of places. There was something else, a set of Nico’s Ebony Scimitars (I forgot they were here).

A non-flaming version of the scimitars we found in Trumbe. Maeva says they’re more like a khopesh than a scimitar so I gave them to her to carry. Smarty-pants!

“Plus 20 inteligence,” Maeva retorted as she sashayed away. I feel dumber already.

Finding another Ayleid door we entered Varondo-Varlasel. The level of the fighting did not diminish one little bit. Aster Orontes gave us a good chase. Summoning Daedra to block our pursuit didn’t help him as we eventually took the Imago Storm Gauntlets from him.

A Dremora Valkynaz tried to stop us from entering the finale treasure room. A full set of Daedric armor minus the helm was looted from his body. Kaleah celebrates a victory.

In the finale treasure room, three very hard locked Ayleid reliquaries are defended briefly by a big Xivilai and ill-tempered clannfear. Having to strip down to the skivvies in order for my ‘unlock everything’ spell to work on very hard locks is… well, it’s a little embarrassing with all the snickering going on behind me.

We left the treasure room by a side hallway which eventually led to… well wouldn’t you know the now unlocked locked gate near Varondo’s entrance. Instead of rejoicing the ladies are complaining. Everyone is tired and their feet are sore. So, back into Varondo we go to a place where we saw beds and pallets, to take a long nap.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 24 2020, 07:20 PM
Post #1338

Paladin
Group Icon

Camping with a Legion guardian is always comforting. Looking at the ladies, I’m not surprised he stuck around. wink.gif

Into Varando. And plenty of tough fighting! I chuckled about the ladies snickering about the Jandanga showing plenty of skin while working. That is a bit like the kettles calling the pot black? tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 24 2020, 08:08 PM
Post #1339

Ancient
Group Icon

Jadanga reminds me of the crew of the Calypso. I have been watching the old Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau, and one thing those guys hate is wearing clothes! It is rare to see them in more than a pair of bermuda shorts at least 2 sizes too small for them, and their red diver's caps.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post May 25 2020, 10:01 AM
Post #1340

Master
Group Icon

What's that black being "sitting" next to the door in the first pic?

Is that the glass atronach?

That unlock spell better works else there might be some serious giggle. laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

120 Pages V « < 65 66 67 68 69 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:33 PM