> The Flying Bullets, Playground 1
Colonel Mustard
post Apr 23 2009, 08:37 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

The Flying Bullets

Sam Gorrose

The massive walls of haven were high enough to blot out the sun, the ancient structure creaking and groaning as it warmed in the rising sun. The entrance to the stadium, once a place that bustled with activity as thousands of fans came to support their team, had been replaced by a gate made of scrap bolted together, able to be lifted by an old car engine when the men guarding it so willed.

Sam Gorrose, followed by Aiden and Karelia, smiled as he saw the stadium.

"Here we are, Haven," he announced triumphantly to his two travel weary companions. "I told you we'd make it in the end, didn't I?"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 23 2009, 09:37 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Jonathan Guntherson, labyrinth northeast of Haven

FRIGERIZER Z whirred and clunked as its weels struggled across the cracked and uprooted asphalt. On top of the odd machine, Jonathan was humming along to a tune that only existed in his head.
"And I say, say I say....I forgot what it was I'd say! So then he say...err what did he say?" He suddenly called out, despite the fact that there was no one around to listen.

Man and machine neared a crossroads littered with rusted out hulks.
"And at that moment, the evil undead car army attacked our valiant hero! Will our valiant warrior survive? Or will FRIGERIZER Z succumb to the horrible death rays?! Find out, next week! If we still broadcast!" Jonathan yelled as he swung the steering wheel to one side, intending to go around the wreckage and turn right. However, his energetic movement combined with a bump in the road managed to tilt his vehicle too far. It rolled onto its side, throwing him off in the process.

"The answer it turns out, death rays win. Well drat!" The man murmured as he shook his head. After a moment, he got up off the floor, still wobbling.
"And double drat! The main transmission broke! Argh, there aren't any spare lawnmowers lying around here somewhere, are there?" He looked around at the ruins around him. The place where he was now had been hit hard, not so by the atomic blasts, but the chaos, the rioting and the wild looting that followed.

Still, lawnmowers weren't all that popular among the scavengers he'd met during his life. There should be one or two still lying around in a garage. He patted the frigerator on wheels affectionately before setting off for the nearest ruin.
"Don't worry, old lad. I promise you, that the invincible super robot FRIGERIZER Z SHALL STAND ONCE MORE!!!!"

OOC: Somewhat mentally unstable? I should have said in the character profile that he's completely whacko. Also, do you folks think I should stop spelling Frigerizer Z with all caps? To be honest, it can be quite annoying, even if Jonathan refuses to do anything but yell out its name really loud.

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Apr 23 2009, 09:38 PM

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Olen
post Apr 23 2009, 10:19 PM
Post #3

Mouth
Group Icon

Aiden, gate of Haven

Aiden didn't deign to reply to the leader, instead he pulled his 10mm out with a shaky hand and ejected the clip. Three left, and one in the breach probably. People occasionally commented on that habit, coupled with the broken safty it could lead to the occasional stray bullet. He'd never been hit, much, so it wasn't a problem.

The gates were high and looked quite solid under their covering of rust, one of the men standing on a platform looking over them waved a rifle in their general direction and shouted down, "What's you're business in Haven?"

"A stiff drink and a soft bed, and maybe someone to share it with," Aiden shouted before either of the others could reply, "Now open the gate you stuck-up.." A look from Sam silenced him.

Hurry up, he thought, I really could use that drink...

OOC: I took the liberty of assuming Sam wouldn't approve, I can edit if you don't like it

--------------------
Look behind you and see an ever decreasing number of ghosts. Currently about 15.
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Apr 23 2009, 10:25 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

OOC: Not a problem, Olen

IC: "Don't mind Aiden," Sam called up. "He's a bit loco. We'll just want some beds for tie night."

As the gate rumbled open, Sam gave Aiden a glare.

"You high or something?" he hissed. "That was plain stupid."
+Quote Post
Olen
post Apr 23 2009, 11:15 PM
Post #5

Mouth
Group Icon

Aiden

"What business does he have asking me why I'm here? I'd say it's obvious, and even if we were raiders we would say that. He's there for the power trip. Twenty kilo's of amonal would give him and the tower quite a trip..." Aiden descended into grumbling as they walked through the gate. It looked heavy and hung from cables rather thinner than he liked.

"You got any contacts here?" he asked.

--------------------
Look behind you and see an ever decreasing number of ghosts. Currently about 15.
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Apr 23 2009, 11:42 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

Gale, workshop

The large table against the wall was covered with disassembled firearms from different eras. Plastic dividers kept the parts separate while they were studied or replaced. Gale settled in an empty slot and stripped his rifle down to its main components. With a rag attached to a rod, he cleaned out the parrel and trigger block.

Then the Native American applied some lubricant to the chamber, magazine well, and foregrip. He slid the barrel back into the trigger block and swung it into place. Gale repeated the process with his pump gun. The young men in the workshop were reloading spent cartridges alongside three of the militia. Reloading greatly supplemented Haven's stockpile of ammunition, thanks to the components looted from gun stores and showrooms. across America.

Gale walked out into the promenade of sorts, rifle slung over his back and shotgun in hand. Haven was a mass of shanties in addition to the original superstructure. In the distance he heard the Southern gate open, which was used almost never used by returning scavengers or returning patrols. They perfered to use the baggage areas so as to avoid overtaxing the engine used to lift the heavy gate.

Gale was by no means the official leader of the minutemen, yet that responsibility always fell on him regardless. He started off toward the newcomers, better for him to know firsthand the types coming in.

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Apr 25 2009, 05:45 PM
+Quote Post
Silver
post Apr 24 2009, 01:19 AM
Post #7

Evoker

Linda, Haven, Rusty Wings
The tavern was dirty, crowded and dimly lit, it's patrons prefering the dark for thier drink-strained eyes. There were calls for booze, or preferred barmaids, and the girls carried trays of alcohol in either direction, to the portly owner, and to the mumbling customers.

Linda sat hunched over in the corner, atop a stool in the back corner, claiming the circular table as her own, having spent the last sevral hours sitting in various positions about it, and warding off any prospective or paticularly flirtacious, drunk, fellows. Now, she had chosen to languish facedown against the soft skin of her forearm, only bothering to brush away the most irritating of the dirt before thumping her forehead upon it.

There was a small scuffle as the traders, upon hearing the heavy gate grinding up, left the establishment, and the calm tension of the thick air broken for a moment with the breath of air that spilled in. The excitied murmurs that accompanied the gust died with it, fading back to the dead air and groaning of the paticularly intoxicated. She hoped they would stop here, maybe there would be an excuse to get out of this hole.

OOC: Psst, Haven is in a old airport terminal. Cornemac was the stadium. Not a big deal. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Silver: Apr 24 2009, 09:47 AM

--------------------
In life there is hope, in death, there is insperation.
Truth is a virtue. Unfortunately, humanity is anything but virtuous.
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Apr 24 2009, 09:05 PM
Post #8

Councilor
Group Icon

Karelia

Karelia was relieved at the sight of Haven; after walking for days she was more than happy for a bit of rest. She entered the gate behind the others, laughing to herself while Sam and Aidan quibbled. She liked her eight-fingered friend's attitude.

Her legs were weary, and she felt like the rifle slung over her shoulder weighed a ton, so she was less than happy when a figure began to approach them. He seemed to be some sort of official, since he was 'greeting' newcomers with visible firearms. They'd been turned away from settlements before, and this was the way it always started.

"We've got a captain-of-the-guard-type coming," she commented with a sigh, "I hope you've got a contact that can keep us here long enough to sleep."

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 24 2009, 09:33 PM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

Jonathan

"Hello, anyone home?!" Jonathan called out as he entered the building through a large gap in one wall. He repeated his call one more time but didn't receive an answer.
"Ah well, guess no....Achoo! Ok, with all the dust lying around, no one has been home in a long time." He muttered, wiping his nose as he did so. He then snickered.
"Mmhmhmh, I'll be taking all the good stuff then, if no one is around to complain. Oh, shiny lawnmowers, ancient blenders and broomsticks...Here I come!"

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Apr 24 2009, 10:42 PM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

Sam Gorrose

Sam adopted his widest smile as he heard Karelia's warning, tipping his hat slightly to the approaching man.

"This is a big town," he said. "Bound to be people with guns passing through all the time. And we've arrived early so I dunno if he'll be here yet so just act polite."

He gave Aiden a pointed look when he said that.
+Quote Post
seerauna
post Apr 25 2009, 12:17 AM
Post #11

Finder
Group Icon

Hannah

Hannah was up on a balcony near the Southern gate and saw Gale approaching the three newcomers. She hoped he didn't make them leave, they might be interesting, and have some new stories.

The stocky man she assumed was the leader put on a huge smile. If he kept that up they were going to get kicked out for sure.

Brushing her dark hair out of her eyes she watched with sharp eyes. As Gale finally reached them, she settled onto the rail to watch the proceedings.

--------------------
The arrow flies to kill
From the string it races
It’s only moments until,
It strikes.

Shadow in Darkness- My first ongoing FanFic!
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Apr 25 2009, 02:48 AM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

Gale

He approached the group of three with his long, powerful strides. 'More guns-for-hire, too many drifters these days.'

Gale tipped his baseball cap in return to the man who seemed to lead of the trio. "The name's Richards. Welcome to Haven, the safest place in Detroit's post-war glory for the restless blue-collar looking for a better life."

The deep, almost baritone drawl seemed at odds with Gale's relative youth. His green-blue eyes seemed to have an inner glow, staring out from under the shade of his cap. "What brings you all to Haven's door?"

------

Autumn, approaching

Among the guard and most of Haven's citizens, she was jokingly known as "Gale's Shadow." Autumn didn't mind the label, it was a statement of fact, she did trail her "father" most of the time.

Like a hooded spectre, she drifted out of the canteen to Gale's side. Autumn looked deceptively delicate, not at all the active member of the militia she was. One would assume her sport was courting young men not blasting varmints and Super Mutants.
She gazed sidelong at the three outsiders, her face angled towards Gale. Her shoulder length dishwater-blonde hair framing her face.

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Apr 25 2009, 05:50 PM
+Quote Post
Silver
post Apr 25 2009, 03:45 AM
Post #13

Evoker

Linda

Loathe to lose her place behind the table, her natural curiousity got the better of her, and she found herself weaving between the flouring patrons and employees. She creaked open the door, starting a bustle once more, before slipping out and to the right, leaning agains the wall for a moment, then moving to the overhanging railing. The new wanderers had been stopped by Gale just inside the gate, and it looked like they were about to start a conversation of sorts.

The threesome that had come in from the wastelands looked scruffy, but that was to be expected. She waved at the girl who hung back a little, spotting the glimmer of light on the glass of a scope with a smile, Excellent, this bunch might actually go back out there...

--------------------
In life there is hope, in death, there is insperation.
Truth is a virtue. Unfortunately, humanity is anything but virtuous.
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Apr 25 2009, 09:59 AM
Post #14

Councilor
Group Icon

Karelia

And so it begins... she thought to herself ruefully as the man approached them.

She stayed silent as usual behind Sam and Aidan, letting them do this kind of talking. Knowing that she had a moment to stand here, she put a cigarette to her lips. As she lit the thing, a girl joined their little get-together. Karelia didn't know what to think of her; it was curious to see a man like this with a girl so young and pretty, and they looked far too different to be related. Curious, yes, but not important.

Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted someone waving from a railing above. All this buzz made her think that people didn't see newcomers very often here. She waved back to the woman before turning her attention back to the matter at hand.

Come on, Sam, get this over with so I can stop standing here.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Apr 25 2009, 11:33 AM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

Sam

"Nice to meet you, Mr Richards," Sam said warmly. "I've been promised a job here, and need to meet a contact in a few days. Don't worry, we won't make any trouble or anything, though if there's work available we'll take it."

He saw the girl join this Richards guy. She definitely wasn't his daughter, but there was definitely some kind of relationship between them. Perhaps it was by adoption.

"Name's Sam, by the way," he added. "Sam Gorrose."
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 25 2009, 04:50 PM
Post #16

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Lexie, the Ruin which Jonathan just entered

The abandoned ruin was just what Lexie needed, being on the run as she was. She had crouched here for three days now, trying to hide from the regulators(?). She had scanned the place for any remnants of radiation and found that it should be ok to be there, if not very healthy, but...ok.

She was deep asleep but wouke up abruptly when she heard someone shout, shout very loud indeed. At first she was terrified

No they found me, yikes!

But then curiosity won and she grabbed a neat stone..just in case. She was indeed good at throwing stones.

"Hallo! Over here!" she answered

OOC: It's Jonathan she heard , hehe pretty obvious huh?

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Apr 25 2009, 05:42 PM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

Gale

As I thought, at least this Gorrose isn't a hothead like the last band two weeks ago. "There is a common house in Delta Terminal for sleep, and you'll find most of our amenities in the concourse beyond." Gale jabbed his head back in its direction. "Weapons are allowed in Haven, but only in open carry. Use your sense and there shouldn't be any trouble."
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 25 2009, 06:17 PM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

Jonathan.

"Hallo! Over here!" Someone shouted. Jonathan interupted his cackling and scratched the back of his head.
"Aw, shucks. So someone is home. So much for that." He complained to himself and sighed.
"Oh well, nothing left for me to do but be a proper gentleman. I mean, it sounded like a lady. Only a savage would dare be rude to one." He figured as he turned into the direction of the sound. He was pretty sure it had come from a room upstairs. An old bedroom?

Jonathan inspected the remains of the stairs and found that if he was carefull, he could climb to the upper floor using the wreckage.
"Good morning and pardon the intrusion." He said as he made his way up.
"I was just passing through with my loyal comrade...who's still waiting outside." He continued and peeked through a hole in the wall. From here, he could see all the way to Haven. It was a perfect lookout post.
"Ah, you in there, milady?" He asked as he stood in the doorway to what had been a bedroom long ago. The steel frame of the bed was still there, and it even had a matrass...albeit one with several holes in it and several decades spent without cleaning.

OOC: Feel free to have Lexie hide somewhere else in the house if you don't want to be in an upstairs bedroom.

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 25 2009, 06:29 PM
Post #19

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Lexie, hiding in the old bedroom upstairs

She crouched under the bed , or what used to be a bed, when a young man entered. He didn't look dangerous, but the best thing wes that he wasn't one of them.

She crawled from under the bed, wiping the dust from her trousers, not that it made them any cleaner, but she didn't care about her looks at the moment.

"Good day to you Sir" she said. Doesn't hurt to be polite

"My name is Lexie" she continued, not knowing exactly how to approach him. She hadn't been with people for a long time and felt terribly unsecure.

OOC: Lexie will eventually later tell her story when talking to Jonathan. She's very shy and unsecure but she wishes everybody good and is far too caring for her own good

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 25 2009, 06:38 PM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

Jonathan

For a moment, Jonathan was actually surprised when someone crawled out from under the bed.
"Perhaps, I had been half-convinced I'd just imagined her voice." He mused.

"Good day, milady. My name would be Jonathan Guntherson, inventor by trade and currently travelling towards Haven." He then said with a bow.
"Err...by the way. You wouldn't by any chance be aware of a lawnmower I could borrow, would you?"

--------------------
+Quote Post

10 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:33 AM