7 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lothran the Nordic Dunmer, A recap
Acadian
post May 15 2021, 03:26 PM
Post #101

Paladin
Group Icon

mirocu poetry is fabulous. I really like its fairly basic structure and your rhyming. Great job, and Buffy loves the one about her! happy.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 16 2021, 06:25 PM
Post #102

Councilor
Group Icon

Lol these are fun to read.

The Adventure Poem: I assume that's Lothran speaking, not mirocu.

A hero feels the call,
"The portals must fall!",
he cries out loud with great appall

He says "A hero" does all that stuff, so I assume he's not talking about himself there. Since he never did the Main Quest (except Kvatch, I think). Maybe I'm wrong. '

Mud Crab poem: so silly. wacko.gif

M'aiq is his name!
His Infamy's lower than his Fame

rollinglaugh.gif

I agree with A Short One.

Hail Buffster! salute.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 16 2021, 08:48 PM
Post #103

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ May 15 2021, 04:26 PM) *

mirocu poetry is fabulous. I really like its fairly basic structure and your rhyming.

Yeah, I'm not a poet so simple rhymes is what I aim for laugh.gif

QUOTE(Acadian @ May 15 2021, 04:26 PM) *

Great job, and Buffy loves the one about her! happy.gif

happy.gif

QUOTE(Renee @ May 16 2021, 07:25 PM) *

Lol these are fun to read.

The Adventure Poem: I assume that's Lothran speaking, not mirocu.

A hero feels the call,
"The portals must fall!",
he cries out loud with great appall

He says "A hero" does all that stuff, so I assume he's not talking about himself there. Since he never did the Main Quest (except Kvatch, I think). Maybe I'm wrong. '

I think when I wrote that, that I was thinking of when Lothran closed the Kvatch gate so you're right on that one. He never did the MQ but he helped liberate Kvatch.

QUOTE(Renee @ May 16 2021, 07:25 PM) *

Mud Crab poem: so silly. wacko.gif

rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 17 2021, 12:51 PM
Post #104

Councilor
Group Icon

How come you don't have gates popping up all over the place, then, if he b34t Kvatch?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 17 2021, 06:48 PM
Post #105

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 17 2021, 01:51 PM) *

How come you don't have gates popping up all over the place, then, if he b34t Kvatch?

Because he never gave Jauffre the amulet and he never spoke to Martin. I think one of those events trigger it.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 11 2022, 05:22 PM
Post #106

Spam Meister
Group Icon

15 years in Cyrodiil

My goodness, has it really been one and a half decade of playing Oblivion? According to my very first save, 11th of March 2007, the answer is yes. I have always thought I started in February but my save file doesn't lie. Today I have been playing Oblivion for exactly fifteen years. Never restarting, never switching to another character. And the only two major things I've changed about Lothran is making his hair white and giving him his proper name instead of him having my real life one. Last change being one I definitely feel was necessary.

Throughout the first couple of years he went where his heart took him, but as you are all aware he now has a longstanding tradition of going to Bruma for the winter and then directly to Chorrol once spring comes around. This may seem a bit boring, but to me it's really what makes me still wanna play this game even after all these years. Only being in the Jeralls for three months makes me appreciate and really long for coming down to the green forests and all the rest of Cyrodiil again. After those three months it actually feels like a whole new game and I think that's the magic that keeps me going.

Lothran now has all the different spells and enchantments he wants so he no longer feel the need of making anything new. Everything has been thoroughly tested during all his travels and even though I'm sure it can be refined, it's really more nitpicking at this point than an actual need to change anything. Besides; his Spriggan and her bear do most of the fighting these days anyway.

Lothran is a member of the Fighters, Mages and Thieves Guild, being Warder, Warlock and Master Thief respectively. He's also a Knight-Errant in the Knights of the White Stallion lodge and a Brother in the Order of the Virtuous Blood. Worthy of mentioning he's also a Tourist in the Court of Madness and the Grand Champion of the Arena. Last one being one he does not care about whatsoever and he has not fought a match in many years. The only time he visits the Arena is in the fall when he goes and places some bets. As you can tell; these days he prefer watching others do the fighting instead of himself wink.gif

I do use quite a few mods but since most of them are only minor tweaks there's nothing Tamriel-shattering about them. The only ones I'd like to mention are two from our very own SubRosa; Forest Friend and Withcraft. Last one is the one that lets Lothran summon his own Spriggan. It also replaces Forest Friend, the one that keeps deer from running and predators from attacking, but since the amulet that comes with that mod is pretty nifty I've decided to keep it active. I'd also like to mention a mod from dear mALX; Stalker. This one keeps certain people off Lothran's back so he's not being needlessy followed which is a bit creepy. Thanks to both SubRosa and mALX!

I don't want to drag this along so I think I'll end it here. Just thought I'd give a proper recognition to Lothran's adventures in Cyrodiil when hitting this milestone. He's well worth it happy.gif

Thank you for reading!

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 11 2022, 09:23 PM
Post #107

Paladin
Group Icon

What an impressive accomplishment - congrats to Lothran (and you)! goodjob.gif

I've grown spoiled being able to set my calendar by Lothran's location in Cyrodiil. Most especially his winter pilgrimage to Bruma. Elves live a good long time, so I'm sure he has many more years ahead of adventuring in Cyrodiil.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 12 2022, 06:29 PM
Post #108

Councilor
Group Icon

That's great Crow. So March the 11th was your very first day. For me it was October 24, 2008, I don't need to look that date up. smile.gif

As I recall, you got Oblivion after driving somebody home from a party. cool.gif cake.gif wacko.gif Whoever you drove home offered you a videogame as payment, I seem to remember there was a choice of either one game, or another. And you chose Oblivion. What would have happened if you'd chosen that other game?

QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 11 2022, 11:22 AM) *

... never switching to another character.

I was close though, right? I feel like there was maybe one time I got a good Speech Check, and was >< this close to getting you to press that New button one more time. closedeyes.gif

But I also understand nowadays why you have taken the path you've taken, with just one person to spend your virtual time with. The answer is stated in the old forums many times, which was difficult for me to see back in those days: We all have ONE life to live. Me as Renee, and you as whatever your real name is in real life. And so you took the same approach with Lothran. I get it now. Though I still ... well... you know... get curious ... what would happen if...

[AHEM]

..... I mean c'mon! Just for fun!

Thank you for reading!

Welcome. cake.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Mar 12 2022, 06:39 PM
Post #109

Mouth
Group Icon

I admit to have mostly played the same character throughout the years. Not always technically the same playthrough, and certainly not always just the one game. But the same character, if a choice was given. Lena Wolf has the tendency of accidentally falling into portals... being pushed into portals... whatever. Then she finds herself in another world, where she has to sort out whatever world-shattering events are taking place before she can find her way back home to Bravil. It's one life, indeed.

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 12 2022, 06:50 PM
Post #110

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 11 2022, 09:23 PM) *

What an impressive accomplishment - congrats to Lothran (and you)! goodjob.gif

Thank you, and thanks for having been involved for so many years happy.gif

QUOTE(Renee @ Mar 12 2022, 06:29 PM) *

As I recall, you got Oblivion after driving somebody home from a party. cool.gif cake.gif wacko.gif Whoever you drove home offered you a videogame as payment, I seem to remember there was a choice of either one game, or another. And you chose Oblivion. What would have happened if you'd chosen that other game?

I was going to choose Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines but opted for Oblivion at the last moment. I did get both games at the same time though.

QUOTE(Renee @ Mar 12 2022, 06:29 PM) *

..... I mean c'mon! Just for fun!

It was never close to really happen and it won't be close in the future. Think I've made myself clear at this point?

QUOTE(Lena Wolf @ Mar 12 2022, 06:39 PM) *

I admit to have mostly played the same character throughout the years. Not always technically the same playthrough, and certainly not always just the one game. But the same character, if a choice was given. Lena Wolf has the tendency of accidentally falling into portals... being pushed into portals... whatever. Then she finds herself in another world, where she has to sort out whatever world-shattering events are taking place before she can find her way back home to Bravil. It's one life, indeed.

That's cool, kinda like Acadian and Buffy then. However I keep Lothran to Cyrodiil. Playing Morrowind and other games I always make new characters.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Mar 12 2022, 08:02 PM
Post #111

Master
Group Icon

Congratulations, mirocu and Lothran. That's quite an accomplishment, really worth admiring. Especially through my eyes, because I'm suited to playing multiple characters, in most cases reaching max 150 hours with one (there are some exceptions that go over 300 hours, but there aren't many), while YOU on the other hand managed to stay with your very first one for fifteen long years. Impressive indeed.

As I already wrote once, your post in the updates thread about Lothran heading to Bruma is for me always a clear sign that I need to swap tires on my car soon, because winter is close, so I actually don't need to check the calendar, I only need to read the updates thread. biggrin.gif

I wish you and Lothran many happy years more.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Mar 12 2022, 08:03 PM

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 13 2022, 09:03 AM
Post #112

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Mar 12 2022, 08:02 PM) *

Congratulations, mirocu and Lothran. That's quite an accomplishment, really worth admiring. Especially through my eyes, because I'm suited to playing multiple characters, in most cases reaching max 150 hours with one (there are some exceptions that go over 300 hours, but there aren't many), while YOU on the other hand managed to stay with your very first one for fifteen long years. Impressive indeed.

Thank you very much! Although it's not difficult for me to only stay with Lothran. I do the same in Morrowind, Fallout 3 and Arena. I need a character in order to explore the game, I make one, and that's it smile.gif

QUOTE(Lopov @ Mar 12 2022, 08:02 PM) *

I wish you and Lothran many happy years more.

As the Brits say; cheers! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 14 2022, 02:23 PM
Post #113

Councilor
Group Icon

Yeesh, sorry Mirocu. sad.gif I tease you a lot, I know. Sometimes maybe I go too far...

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 19 2022, 06:40 PM
Post #114

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Floating objects

Lothran has his own non-journal quest and that is to document all objects that defy the Levitation Act. He has come across a few over the years and one just today NW of Chorrol. I reckon this particular object has been discovered earlier but without being photographed. He also discovered one last year just outside Skingrad.

Here follows a list of the ones we've documented this far:

Shrub outside of Chorrol
Shrub outside of Skingrad
Rock in wilderness north of Anvil
Rock slightly levitating, Anvil
Tree north of Anvil
Hollow tree, Anvil county
Great Welkynd stone; house in Bruma

Bonus: Big hole NE of Kvatch

NOTE: There is also a rock floating in the forest by the Gold Road between Imperial City and Skingrad but we've failed to document that. Will do that at some point.

ADDENDUM:

Another shrub west of Chorrol
Another hollow, floating rock
Isolated House, levitating Lady's Smock

This post has been edited by mirocu: Apr 14 2022, 04:48 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 19 2022, 07:30 PM
Post #115

Paladin
Group Icon

Wow, some of those are not too far off and bear the marks of sloppy placement but some of those rocks and trees are really up in the air!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
WellTemperedClavier
post Apr 15 2022, 11:59 PM
Post #116

Finder
Group Icon

This is... strangely touching.

I haven't seen anything quite like this before--namely, a story examining how you, the writer/player, feels about your in-game character that also makes clear that the in-game character is part of, well, a game. But it fits. I think a lot of us end up feeling a bit of attachment to our player-characters simply because we're invested in them.

It's also an interesting way to explore the game setting. Lothran's/your reluctance to deliver the amulet for fear of something happening to the town of Bruma is very, well, human. We get attachments to these places, after all. And the game itself is something of a presence--as regular as the seasons (and, as your descriptions state, the seasons determine where Lothran goes).

Thank you for sharing this.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 16 2022, 10:22 AM
Post #117

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Thank you, Clavier!

Yes, I'm not a fanfic writer and I guess not a traditional RP:er either. I don't see Lothran as something detached from me (usually) but rather an extension of myself. I, as a player, wanted to explore the world of Cyrodiil and in order to do so I needed an in-game representation which happened to be Lothran. This is the reason he had my real name early on as I was him fully so to speak. Same as when I played Deus Ex; I was JC Denton.
I do see it a bit differently now though which is reflected in him having his own name and how I talk about him instead of me here, but when I play we're basically one and the same.

If you want to comment further on a particular story, please do! smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
WellTemperedClavier
post Apr 17 2022, 05:25 PM
Post #118

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 16 2022, 10:22 AM) *

Thank you, Clavier!

Yes, I'm not a fanfic writer and I guess not a traditional RP:er either. I don't see Lothran as something detached from me (usually) but rather an extension of myself. I, as a player, wanted to explore the world of Cyrodiil and in order to do so I needed an in-game representation which happened to be Lothran. This is the reason he had my real name early on as I was him fully so to speak. Same as when I played Deus Ex; I was JC Denton.
I do see it a bit differently now though which is reflected in him having his own name and how I talk about him instead of me here, but when I play we're basically one and the same.

If you want to comment further on a particular story, please do! smile.gif

I particularly liked the one looking back on Lothran's escapades with the Daedric Princes. Interesting character examination showing where he'd draw the line, and the ones where he went ahead and served them anyway but with regrets.

I didn't do a ton of the Daedric quests in my playthrough. Just Sanguine's and Azura's (I suppose my guy's standards were fairly similar to Lothran's). Sheogorath as well, but only his Shivering Isles content.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jun 5 2023, 10:35 AM
Post #119

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Lothran and friends

Throughout the beautiful Cyrodiil, Lothran has collected many friends. A lot of them reside at the Mages and Fighters guildhalls but there are plenty more outside of those. Still, loyalty is strong and Lothran always visits the guildhalls for a chat in all the towns/cities whenever he's there. It's also a good opportunity to repair gear and buy ingredients, of course.

Ongar in Bruma is one of Lothran's oldest friends. He helped the Dunmer out when he was in his early days when money was low. Not needing his services anymore, Ongar nowadays mostly provides comedy by stealing food at Olav's and subsequentially getting hacked down by the guards. Sometimes several times an evening tongue.gif

Methredel in the Imperial City remains a good friend too. While having been a competitor entering a certain guild back in the day emot-ninja1.gif there's no bad blood between her and Lothran and they always talk for a bit whenever possible.

I also have to mention Beautiful Buffy the Brave Bosmeri Bowgirl of course. They've met on several occasions in the past, mostly in Bruma but also on the shores of Anvil. It was when meeting in Bruma once that she gave Lothran his trusted dagger Snowflake that he still uses during the winter seasons. Buffs wasn't much into Destruction at the time as in other schools, hence why Snowflake isn't too damaging per strike. But coupled with a Weakness to Frost spell it can still do some decent work.

Other friends that come to mind are the Surilie brothers in Skingrad and Jensine, Dynari Amnis, Algot the Northerner and basically all Khajiit in Imperial City. Worthy of mentioning, Lothran often encounters friendly female Khajiit bandits. Not having met a certain individual before he can walk straight up to them and enter conversation. They only have random rumors to talk about but he can also raise their disposition. Pretty neat! This friendliness also goes for the highwaymen. Even though Lothran chooses to give money upon encountering them, they don't actually take any money smile.gif

Lastly I will mention Aleswell. Ever since Lothran helped them with their issue they are very friendly towards him and he always stays there for a bit when he's on his way to Bruma. Even the mage down in the old fort, being the source of the issue, is an old friend.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 5 2023, 10:58 PM
Post #120

Councilor
Group Icon

Kahreem and Lady Saga did not make the list? kvright.gif Well I guess they weren't really 'friends' in the sense that Buffy is. Ah well. They do think of Lothran in favorable terms. My Redguard and Bosmer may not know who he is specifically, but they definitely know of him, as the "platinum-haired Dunmer" who lives part-year in Bruma got mentioned maybe a dozen times or so back in their days.

Anyway, cheers.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jun 5 2023, 11:02 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:18 AM