3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hearthfire, Upcoming DLC announced!
hazmick
post Aug 28 2012, 03:22 PM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

So Bethesda announced that Hearthfire, a piece of shiny new DLC, will be coming out in just a few days time.

Check it out

I for one am super super excited. What do you all think?

This post has been edited by hazmick: Aug 28 2012, 07:03 PM

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Aug 28 2012, 03:32 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Damn it! I was just about to post this.

Yeah, it looks good. I am sure many folks at the forums are pissed off that Heartfire is more like Fable/Sims than their little expansions.

I hope we get to build our own castle . . .and we get to marry Serana and adopt Babette laugh.gif

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Aug 28 2012, 03:33 PM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

Cool. There's a mod out that does something similar, but this of course looks like it is better done. Sounds almost Minecraft-ish from the description.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Aug 28 2012, 03:36 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Aug 28 2012, 03:33 PM) *

Cool. There's a mod out that does something similar, but this of course looks like it is better done. Sounds almost Minecraft-ish from the description.

Well, not everyone has a PC version of Skyrim, so its good for oconsole owners.

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Aug 28 2012, 03:37 PM
Post #5

Mouth
Group Icon

Personally I'd prefer an Argonian child but hey, this is good enough. As long as I get to choose a nice location for my homestead I'll be happy, now I just need to work on stockpiling resources...

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 28 2012, 04:03 PM
Post #6

Councilor
Group Icon

I am WAY more excited about this than I can express in polite language. My most beloved characters live on the PS3. Now I want to give them a new life on the Xbox.

Also if a giant steps on my cow, there is going to be real trouble around the homestead.

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Aug 28 2012, 04:07 PM
Post #7

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Aug 28 2012, 04:03 PM) *

I am WAY more excited about this than I can express in polite language. My most beloved characters live on the PS3. Now I want to give them a new life on the Xbox.

Also if a giant steps on my cow, there is going to be real trouble around the homestead.

I admit that I'm not looking forward to giant attacks, hopefully I can build my house in a giant free area so my cows will be free to roam.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 28 2012, 04:46 PM
Post #8

Councilor
Group Icon

Maybe the adoptable children will fend off attacks with their tiny, invincible fists. hehe.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 28 2012, 05:53 PM
Post #9

Ancient
Group Icon

My first trip to the CK would be to remove the spawn points for enemies on my purchased plot of land, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 28 2012, 07:01 PM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

So Beth is announcing the next DLC, when PS3 players have not even gotten the first one yet? When will Hearthfire be available on PS3? 2015? I do not even own a PS3, and find this infuriating.

Righteous Rage aside, as opposed to Dawnguard, this DLC looks interesting to me. I actually guessed it right too. I was figuring that by the name, it would include that player-built house option that was in the Game Jam video. I was not expecting the adoption part though.

I can always make my own homes via the construction kit. But this might be easier and quicker. Plus it is always nicer to get a house by actually doing something in the game. I think the idea of giant attacks and skeever infestations might be fun. Unless they kill your adopted kids and livestock. Then as Grits said, there will be Oblivion to pay!

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Aug 28 2012, 09:22 PM
Post #11

Councilor
Group Icon

Yes, I want to spend my days walking uphill and downhill; shouting at things that could kill me; avoiding a giant angry cattle herder; worrying if I will have to deal with another rodent intrusion when I get home; go home to see the wife and two kids; worry that we're not bringing them up right; cook me own tea; also worry about whether we have enough money for the next round of home improvements or not and if that means me going out again...

And then I can play Skyrim too!!... biggrin.gif ...

Nah, I think I'm looking forward to this one...

But yeah...Next year methinks...
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Aug 28 2012, 09:39 PM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 28 2012, 01:01 PM) *
I can always make my own homes via the construction kit. But this might be easier and quicker. Plus it is always nicer to get a house by actually doing something in the game.

Agreed!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Aug 29 2012, 12:16 PM
Post #13

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Aug 28 2012, 11:03 AM) *

I am WAY more excited about this than I can express in polite language.

Yea THIS. After watching the first 10 SECONDS of that video, I was saying words I can't repeat here, like compassion and hamster. ohmy.gif I've built houses in the Sims games too, it's sooo fun.

EDIT: i watched exactly 36 seconds, I stopped the video. I want there to be some mystery. Being surprised during gameplay is where it's at for me!

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Aug 29 2012, 12:19 PM
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Aug 30 2012, 04:49 AM
Post #14

Councilor
Group Icon

I think the thing I'm most interested in with this, is whether the plots of land you can buy are specific...Like, you can only have this plot here, in each Hold...And whether you can only have one of a few specific layouts, in specific building materials depending on where you are in Skyrim...Like stone in Markath or wood in Falkreath or Whiterun...

Or, indeed, you can having the Burger King way - how you want it, wherever you want it...*cough*...As it were...

Aaaand, how much will everything be...That's going to be interesting too...

On a side note, the wife and kiddles are all looking forward to it hugely...And, rather unsurprisingly, the idea of adopting children made them all go "Awwwww!"...Although, the terror of my boy looking after kids doesn't bear thinking about...*Massages temples*...

Oddly enough, when I answered with "Christ no! I have enough trouble with you two, without bloody doing it in the game too..." they seemed a bit peeved for some reason... biggrin.gif ...
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Aug 30 2012, 05:04 AM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Aug 29 2012, 10:49 PM) *

Oddly enough, when I answered with "Christ no! I have enough trouble with you two, without bloody doing it in the game too..." they seemed a bit peeved for some reason... biggrin.gif ...

rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Aug 30 2012, 12:10 PM
Post #16

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Aug 29 2012, 11:49 PM) *

I think the thing I'm most interested in with this, is whether the plots of land you can buy are specific...Like, you can only have this plot here, in each Hold...And whether you can only have one of a few specific layouts, in specific building materials depending on where you are in Skyrim...Like stone in Markath or wood in Falkreath or Whiterun...

Yea all this crossed my mind too. In Sims, the building materials are endless, but you are limited to specific plots. I'm hoping it's different for Elder Scrolls. I mean, it has to be less limited, right?

Or, indeed, you can having the Burger King way - how you want it, wherever you want it...*cough*...As it were...

You have Burger King in Great Britain? kvleft.gif Yikes.

+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Aug 30 2012, 01:04 PM
Post #17

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh yes, we're not choosy over here... biggrin.gif ...BK, KFC, Wimpey, McDonalds, Subway...Starbucks...Any others?...Ummmm...There's probably others...But I'm out in the sticks and there's only a few of them around here...Oooh!! Fatty Arbuckles...OK Diner... biggrin.gif ...

What you call Wal-Mart is Asda over here...Though we did give you Tescos and Woolworths... tongue.gif ...

*Cough*...Sorry...Maybe Bethesda'll put one of them in Whiterun on a sponsorship deal... laugh.gif ...
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Aug 30 2012, 05:31 PM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

Next skyrim DLC, the player gets a job and then has to start paying taxes and household bills along with butt-wiping and toilet scrubbing animations.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Aug 30 2012, 06:39 PM
Post #19

Mouth
Group Icon

McB: I'm sorry! Jeez it sounds like you've got some of America's yuckiest foods over there! Granted, I'm a vegetarian so I guess I'm biased.

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Aug 30 2012, 12:31 PM) *

Next skyrim DLC, the player gets a job and then has to start paying taxes and household bills along with butt-wiping and toilet scrubbing animations.

I would not be opposed to taxes. Back in my tabletop days (DnD, TFT, etc.) we actually did incorporate taxation rules, along with all sorts of other things like feudalism, into our gameplay. I doubt this will ever happen in vanilla TES, but I am digging the fact that we must use materials to build the house. That it doesn't just show up because we throw some gold around.
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Aug 31 2012, 12:38 PM
Post #20

Councilor
Group Icon

Though I'm sure you've all seen it by now...I found some info whilst trawling the Bethesda site...

Was tempted to steal some and put it here...However, as Lady Gaga does not wish to be spoiled... biggrin.gif ...

A link instead!!...

Hearthfire stuff...

Someone pointed out the possiblility of needing to be Thane to be able to build in a hold...Not a problem for me like, but again...Removal of choice for some...
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:26 PM