Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

44 Pages V « < 38 39 40 41 42 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESO tips & tricks, Looking for help with ESO? This is the right thread for you!
mALX
post Feb 25 2019, 07:44 PM
Post #781

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 25 2019, 12:18 PM) *

Bo is now at level 43, and that level 34 Hunding's/Spriggan's gear is beginning to look weak. But she's reached bow level 50, and has the Rapid fire untimate, which will soon morph to Ballista.

We just spent some time in Coldharbour, gathering Skyshards, and hoping to raise FG with all the Daedra we're killing. However, that's only at level 6, well short of Trap Beast and Dawnbreaker. I'm not sure what is the best way of advancing FG, other than ignoring it, and letting it take care of itself, which was Unna's approach.

Laurie started her last couple of researches for Clothing, and Blacksmith ones are just over a week away. We have the pieces ready, just need the open slots. Since there's some spare Fortified Nirncrux in the bag, and most of her Nirnhoned writs want Potent, (except a couple that want the pieces she's still researching), we're considering making a couple of items for Blossom to research. There are three more characters that have level 50 in all their equipment crafting, but haven't got the skill points to advance their ranks. If I have them chase down some skyshards, we can do more max-level writs. With the change in writ returns in the latest patch, the dailies should be self-sustaining at that level, so we won't run out of ruby-level mats all the time.

Furnishing the houses is still going slowly. Minx has guest beds, but we haven't found a big one she likes. Her Ald Velothi Harbour House also needs a lot of other items, but we're undecided whether to stick to Dunmer styles or go eclectic. Mathiisen will be the latter, as it has rooms that could be "themed" separately. But that's waiting for centerpiece items to become available. All the others are gradually acreting pieces as we come across the plans. At least everyone has a bed in their own home.

There are two dungeons that are awesome for Fighters Guild raising because they are loaded with skeletons and respawn at a really fast rate.

Forgotten Crypts in Deshaan is the best one. (group dungeon) Just keep going for the skeletons; they attack in groups of at least 5 and respawn like crazy. Also; if you group with any others to do it; you get credit for all their kills too (when you loot the bodies). You can raise your Fighters Guild up really fast in there.

Low level characters can try Enduum in Glenumbra; it is all undead. Any undead dungeons will do; the skeletons seem to rise FG level up quickly.

Dolmen do raise your Fighters Guild up; but it does it much quicker if you are doing a new Dolmen you haven't done before (rather than repeating the same Dolmen over and over like the Alikr route does. I usually go to the starter zones and do each Dolman once; then move up to the next level zones and do each of theirs; etc. (your Achievement journal will tell you which Dolmen you are missing; and it also gives you achievements for completing zones that way).

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 25 2019, 07:46 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 26 2019, 07:49 PM
Post #782

Councilor
Group Icon

We did a quick run through Enduum, and decided there just aren't enough skeletons there to make a decent rate of progress. But since she's doing the Stonefalls quests at the moment, there were enough Daedra and undead along that to progress nicely, and she's getting the quest experience thrown in to help level in general. So she's level 44 and FG 6 right now, trying to reach level 50 and FG 8 at least by Friday for the guild meet.

That might mean giving her a few CP to help her move faster through the quests. She's run out of XP scrolls, so when this last one expires, she needs to do more quests, instead of getting more XP for each one.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 26 2019, 08:34 PM
Post #783

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 26 2019, 01:49 PM) *

We did a quick run through Enduum, and decided there just aren't enough skeletons there to make a decent rate of progress. But since she's doing the Stonefalls quests at the moment, there were enough Daedra and undead along that to progress nicely, and she's getting the quest experience thrown in to help level in general. So she's level 44 and FG 6 right now, trying to reach level 50 and FG 8 at least by Friday for the guild meet.

That might mean giving her a few CP to help her move faster through the quests. She's run out of XP scrolls, so when this last one expires, she needs to do more quests, instead of getting more XP for each one.

Oh, if the Guild Meet is this Friday; why don't we all go to that Forgotten Crypts with our lower level characters that need Fighters Guild points? We can group up and get credit for the whole groups kills; it will bring our characters up to FG 10 in no time! We could even switch out characters if we have others that need it after one of ours reaches 10!

(I mean, if anyone else wants to build up their FG)

Forgotten Crypts most def respawns fast and has a ton of skeletons = plus several undead bosses! A younger character might be overwhelmed there solo; but in a group they would be fine!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 6 2019, 08:35 PM
Post #784

Councilor
Group Icon

Just for the closure: Bo reached level 50 just before the guild meet, and rather than send her in the outgrown equipment she had while levelling up, she borrowed Cat Man Dhou's gear and went as a (fake?) tank. As a DK, she had Choking Talons - which is a nice skill for holding mobs in the area of her bow AoE's - and it took about five minutes to get a sword and board taunt in her front bar.

Having a good healer made all the difference, as she could rush in to a group and Talon them, stab any boss with Pierce Armour, and then generally block and bash until the others burned them all down. We got her FG up to the mid-seven range fairly quickly.

Since then, we've been collecting her bow/bow equipment, and she has a Spriggan's bow on the front bar to make a set with her jewelry, and a generic one is on the back bar. That is where a Maelstrom bow will go when we can arrange it, to get the benefit it adds to Endless Hail. She doesn't yet have Trap Beast, for the back bar, or Dawnbreaker for the front, so there are placeholder skills (such as Standard of Might) in use now. Her other set is Hunding's Rage, and she's using a random Undaunted shoulder with it all, picked for weight more than anything else, so she continues to level the Heavy and Light lines.

I'm just letting her explore now, as she has enough equipment to PvE comfortably solo. Mostly, we're building up her wayshrine and Skyshard collections for later.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 7 2019, 09:34 PM
Post #785

Councilor
Group Icon

And on the subject of wayshrines: I've had a couple of recent instances where one of my characters wanted to visit a zone for the first time, but had no known wayshrine, or player home, to enter through. In a couple of cases, I was able to go to the wayshrine nearest the "border crossing" in the adjacent zone, but the in-game maps don't help much in seeing where those crossings are. Does anyone know of an add-on that contributes that nugget of extra data?

If there isn't one, I may have to investigate writing one.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 7 2019, 11:01 PM
Post #786

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Mar 7 2019, 03:34 PM) *

And on the subject of wayshrines: I've had a couple of recent instances where one of my characters wanted to visit a zone for the first time, but had no known wayshrine, or player home, to enter through. In a couple of cases, I was able to go to the wayshrine nearest the "border crossing" in the adjacent zone, but the in-game maps don't help much in seeing where those crossings are. Does anyone know of an add-on that contributes that nugget of extra data?

If there isn't one, I may have to investigate writing one.

Go to your Guild Rosters or Friends Lists. Find someone in the zone you want to travel to; Right click on their name; and "Travel to Player" = takes you to the wayshrine nearest that player.

Or you can hop to Players houses on your friend's list's or Guild Rosters too (as long as you have permissions on that person's houses you can exit the house and end up in the new zone).

What we used to do before Housing came out was to group with whoever needed to set up wayshrines on a character; and one Player who had all the wayshrines would hop to the main city's wayshrine in each Province; then wait till the group all "Traveled to Player" to them. Players could also just ask for certain wayshrines if they preferred too (rather than the major city ones).

We did it all the time for each other back then; you would see people asking for it in the chatbox all the time; and other Players would just volunteer to help them.

This post has been edited by mALX: Mar 7 2019, 11:12 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 13 2019, 03:39 PM
Post #787

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 7 2019, 06:01 PM) *

Go to your Guild Rosters or Friends Lists. Find someone in the zone you want to travel to; Right click on their name; and "Travel to Player" = takes you to the wayshrine nearest that player.

Or you can hop to Players houses on your friend's list's or Guild Rosters too (as long as you have permissions on that person's houses you can exit the house and end up in the new zone).

I do those when I can, but the unwritten laws dictate that nobody's around where I need them, and everyone has the same houses that I do. The border crossings get marked when you have a quest in the zone, but strangely they're not at other times. You'd expect them to be constant markers, like the wayshrines showing in black before you find them.

There aren't many times I've needed that missing function, but they've all been in a bunch recently, probably because I'm trying to complete everyone's skill-sets, and they all need a few more skyshards.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 13 2019, 04:34 PM
Post #788

Paladin
Group Icon

I've found the navigators and boatswain systems to be fairly helpful (albeit sometimes a bit convoluted) in getting to an unvisited zone. More info - https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Transport

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 13 2019, 08:08 PM
Post #789

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 13 2019, 11:34 AM) *

I've found the navigators and boatswain systems to be fairly helpful (albeit sometimes a bit convoluted) in getting to an unvisited zone. More info - https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Transport

And they're part of the same problem. They show on the map when you have a quest out of zone, but don't always take you closer to the quest. I'd really like them there all the time, with a tooltip that indicates where they take you. The carts have the same issue. I've often seen those on my map as exit to a quest I know isn't in Craglorn, for example. If it just said "to Craglorn" it wouldn't be so misleading, as I'd look elsewhere for the direct route. The game often helpfully sends you out the wrong door from walled towns, too, if they're closer to the straight-line path to the target.

But this is somewhat mixing two separate problems. One is hiding the zone boundaries when they're not being recommended, and the other is marking the wrong one(s). Fixing the first part should be much easier.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 14 2019, 05:53 PM
Post #790

Councilor
Group Icon

Laurie needs new tanking armour, so she can start doing a few more dungeons. She's running Sword and Board on both bars, and they're currently Green Pact because they were easy to get. Her body set is Song of Lamae, which was useful while she was solo questing, but she needs something better now.

The obvious choice is Ebon Armory, but that's only useful as a full set, which comes with the unfortunate persistent visual effect, which we'd prefer to avoid. So we're considering Torug's, Fortified Brass, and others. Any opinions?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 14 2019, 07:33 PM
Post #791

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 14 2019, 12:53 PM) *

Laurie needs new tanking armour, so she can start doing a few more dungeons. She's running Sword and Board on both bars, and they're currently Green Pact because they were easy to get. Her body set is Song of Lamae, which was useful while she was solo questing, but she needs something better now.

The obvious choice is Ebon Armory, but that's only useful as a full set, which comes with the unfortunate persistent visual effect, which we'd prefer to avoid. So we're considering Torug's, Fortified Brass, and others. Any opinions?

Fortified Brass is Awesome for Tanking.

And you are right; Ebon armor is really only going to support the whole group if you wear the full set. (otherwise you may as well wear something else).

Armor Master and Song of Lamae are both great Tanking armor; but if you have a full set of Fortified Brass you can mix sets for the other pieces rather than go another full 5 piece set.

You want to balance out your CP Points and Armor stats to get the highest health; protection; and stamina (for blocking) = without going over the ceiling for any of them (so you aren't wasting any of those assets).

Example: If you have reached the ceiling for Physical and Spell resistance using Fortified Brass and 2 pieces of another Tanking gear like Armor Master or Song of Lamae = that means you can either adjust your CP points to put more into stamina for blocking or breaking free (add more to Shadow Ward and Warlord) or health and recovery = or juggle around other pieces of armor to give you more health or stamina rather than adding any more protection that can't be used because you've reached the ceiling on what the game allows.

This post has been edited by mALX: May 14 2019, 11:28 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 14 2019, 09:53 PM
Post #792

Councilor
Group Icon

Since Cat Man Dhou has a set of Fortified Brass (made by Laurie) she can swap with him for a test run. She currently has more health than she really needs, and that resistance might be more useful. On the other hand, it may go past the cap if any group contributions add on.

I think Glirion has Crypt of Hearts up tonight, so we may chase some Ebon anyway. Unna might like any Leviathan that drops, too, so they may both go (separately, of course).

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 14 2019, 10:00 PM
Post #793

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 14 2019, 04:53 PM) *

Since Cat Man Dhou has a set of Fortified Brass

Is that the hip new way to say he's wearing an athletic supporter? wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 14 2019, 11:29 PM
Post #794

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 14 2019, 05:00 PM) *

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 14 2019, 04:53 PM) *

Since Cat Man Dhou has a set of Fortified Brass

Is that the hip new way to say he's wearing an athletic supporter? wink.gif

rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 15 2019, 02:48 AM
Post #795

Paladin
Group Icon

Acadian (DK tank) is wearing Warrior Poet x5, Seducer x5 and Mighty Chudan x2. He has a full set of Ebon Armory sitting in the bank without interest in using it. He is absolutely an unapologetic 'selfish tank'. With just his tristat food buff, his stats are 42k health, 22k stam, 21k mag, 33.5k dual resists. Nice thing about unbuffed max resists is that it is one more buff he does not have to cast. Being able to drop the DK spiky shield spell freed up room for Caltrops which is a great opening 'grab aggro' spell that still allows S&B on both bars.

Being so durable and with good sustain & heals really lets him focus on keeping taunts up, debuffs active and keeping adds pulled in and locked down. His own survival takes little attention. At least for me, that really lets him focus on controlling the fight. For our purposes, which don't go beyond non-DLC casual group dungeons (usually pugs), he works well.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 15 2019, 03:53 AM
Post #796

Councilor
Group Icon

Well, since Glirion was doing Crypt of Hearts I, I sent Unna, Blossom and Laurie through. Half-hour queue for each of Unna and Blossom, ten seconds for Laurie. laugh.gif

We got seven pieces of Ebon, only four different. Of course the reward greaves for the quest were the same each time, but girdles dropped just as much. Three pieces of Leviathan armour and two weapons. All of which conflict with Unna's Hunding's and she's looking for an alternative to the Sword Singer. All except the guards, of course. We got two pairs of those.

But Bo did her very first Master Writ, adding a huge 5 vouchers to our collection. biggrin.gif

@Acadian: Mighty Chudan does look like a set Laurie would want. How hard is it to get the helm? Although she might not need one. She's at about 30k resists already, so the shoulder alone takes her close to the 33k cap.

This post has been edited by ghastley: May 16 2019, 05:59 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 23 2019, 01:52 PM
Post #797

Councilor
Group Icon

From another thread:

QUOTE(mALX @ May 21 2019, 09:40 PM) *

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 21 2019, 10:25 AM) *

Any advice on efficient JC levelling is appreciated.

Grinding up (deconstructing) jewelry that is intricate; improved; higher level than the character; or made by someone else is the quickest and fastest way to get it up to 50. (I don't raise my character's SKILL level in any crafting until they reach level 50 in that skill because it makes everything they grind up equal to or over their current level = more XP points for deconstructing items over your character's level/skill level then you would deconstructing anything beneath that level - and can't get any lower than zero).

Beyond the general levelling considerations, I'm finding a few specifics for Jewel Crafting. One is that the traits don't drop on loot in the same way. With other equipment, all the traits except Nirnhoned can be found on generic loot. Jewel Crafting has six of the traits behaving like Nirnhoned, and dropping only in special circumstances (if at all), so I'm expecting a lot more research from specimen pieces. The trait materials are a bit the same way, with the ones for the three common traits coming from refinement, and the Nirncrux pattern in place for the others. Special locations, or special activity to get them. So I'll have to decide on who and how for the gathering.

Laurie is getting all the Intricate jewels passed to her, so she can get ahead on inspiration. Blossom has her Orc crafting bonus, so she's close behind. The others are all doing daily writs to keep it moving, and researching the traits they can, when they can. Since a number of the characters need FG, we'll probably start doing daily dolmens to guarantee a steady flow of jewels to deconstruct for a while. But those will all be the three common traits, so another strategy will be needed soon. Probably several, as each of the extra traits looks like it needs its own.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 23 2019, 03:46 PM
Post #798

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 23 2019, 08:52 AM) *

From another thread:

QUOTE(mALX @ May 21 2019, 09:40 PM) *

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 21 2019, 10:25 AM) *

Any advice on efficient JC levelling is appreciated.

Grinding up (deconstructing) jewelry that is intricate; improved; higher level than the character; or made by someone else is the quickest and fastest way to get it up to 50. (I don't raise my character's SKILL level in any crafting until they reach level 50 in that skill because it makes everything they grind up equal to or over their current level = more XP points for deconstructing items over your character's level/skill level then you would deconstructing anything beneath that level - and can't get any lower than zero).

Beyond the general levelling considerations, I'm finding a few specifics for Jewel Crafting. One is that the traits don't drop on loot in the same way. With other equipment, all the traits except Nirnhoned can be found on generic loot. Jewel Crafting has six of the traits behaving like Nirnhoned, and dropping only in special circumstances (if at all), so I'm expecting a lot more research from specimen pieces. The trait materials are a bit the same way, with the ones for the three common traits coming from refinement, and the Nirncrux pattern in place for the others. Special locations, or special activity to get them. So I'll have to decide on who and how for the gathering.

Laurie is getting all the Intricate jewels passed to her, so she can get ahead on inspiration. Blossom has her Orc crafting bonus, so she's close behind. The others are all doing daily writs to keep it moving, and researching the traits they can, when they can. Since a number of the characters need FG, we'll probably start doing daily dolmens to guarantee a steady flow of jewels to deconstruct for a while. But those will all be the three common traits, so another strategy will be needed soon. Probably several, as each of the extra traits looks like it needs its own.

You are exactly right on that. The ones that drop most are the Arcane, Healthy, Robust. If you get Psijic Portals you can get plenty of Infused; and rarely Swift. For the other Jewelry traits I went to the Guild Traders and bought the ring or necklace with the trait I wanted to research. They ran between 11,000-25,000 depending on how rare they were.

I've got extra "Infused" rings and necklaces if you need them!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 24 2019, 05:15 PM
Post #799

Ancient
Group Icon

Does anyone here know if the “Martial Training” passive under Redguard Skills counts for destruction staff too?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 24 2019, 05:28 PM
Post #800

Councilor
Group Icon

Yes, it will affect staff, but It's not clear if all the skill line's abilities count. I found references to various of the skills being counted as "weapon abilities" as mentioned in that passive in patch notes, but it wasn't clear if some had been buggy, and others hadn't, or if some should count and others shouldn't.

Wall of elements was one specific skill that was mentioned as being a "weapon ability" that got fixed. It makes me think that all the staff ones should be, but it may not be that simple.

This post has been edited by ghastley: May 24 2019, 05:30 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

44 Pages V « < 38 39 40 41 42 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:37 PM