minque
post Sep 6 2010, 08:56 PM
Post #21

Wise Woman
Group Icon

This little film has a message...

it is worth seeing...

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Sep 6 2010, 09:07 PM
Post #22

Mouth
Group Icon

A great video with an even greater message. Florrie got spayed years ago and encourages all cats reading this to get spayed now!

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Sep 6 2010, 09:56 PM
Post #23

Master
Group Icon

Adorable video Minque!

My own Zoria is nodding her head. She's a retired breeder and was spayed after her third litter. Now she's living the life of a loafing queen, and loving it! She gets first dibs on everything, including my attention.

Trinity doesn't know what he's missing - he lost his the same time his broken, infected leg was removed. Food is his prime goal in life these days.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 6 2010, 10:11 PM
Post #24

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Sep 6 2010, 03:38 PM) *

I just ran outside, phone in hand, to get these pictures.

http://s743.photobucket.com/albums/xx72/ha...nt=DSC00136.jpg

Suzie in her nest, she looks good but her whole underside is bald. sad.gif

http://s743.photobucket.com/albums/xx72/ha...nt=DSC00135.jpg

Suzie's housemate Sarah. We found her in our garden about two months ago looking very hungry and her feet were suffering from fungal infection. She has lived with us ever since and has given us a few eggs as rent. biggrin.gif

I see Suzie gave you an egg too! Sarah looks like a Rhode Island Red, but I didn't have my glasses on for that if I'm wrong, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Sep 6 2010, 10:19 PM
Post #25

Mouth
Group Icon

yup to the egg, I'm eating it now biggrin.gif . Sarah is an unfortunate victim of the Battery hen business sad.gif so has loads of different breeds mixed into her blood-line. I believe RIR is one of them.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 6 2010, 10:37 PM
Post #26

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Sep 6 2010, 05:19 PM) *

yup to the egg, I'm eating it now biggrin.gif . Sarah is an unfortunate victim of the Battery hen business sad.gif so has loads of different breeds mixed into her blood-line. I believe RIR is one of them.

We had a RIR hen in our barn that just showed up one day. We used to take her eggs and crack them into a hot mash for the horse's dinner - made their coat shine like glass.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 6 2010, 10:42 PM
Post #27

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(minque @ Sep 6 2010, 03:56 PM) *

This little film has a message...

it is worth seeing...

I love this video !!! That was great Minque!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Sep 6 2010, 10:42 PM
Post #28

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 6 2010, 10:37 PM) *

We had a RIR hen in our barn that just showed up one day. We used to take her eggs and crack them into a hot mash for the horse's dinner - made their coat shine like glass.

egg mash? sounds delicious lol. Suzie went through an awful phase of eating her own eggs before I could collect them, on the upside her feathers were very glossy. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 6 2010, 10:46 PM
Post #29

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Sep 6 2010, 05:42 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 6 2010, 10:37 PM) *

egg mash? sounds delicious lol. Suzie went through an awful phase of eating her own eggs before I could collect them, on the upside her feathers were very glossy. tongue.gif

ROFL !!!! You can't give them more than one egg per day tops, raw egg whites have an antivitamin effect.

This post has been edited by mALX: Sep 6 2010, 10:48 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Sep 6 2010, 11:02 PM
Post #30

Mouth
Group Icon

Oh noes! Thankfully the hefty hen has halted her egg massacre phase, the run-in with the pooch seems to have put her off doing anything but sitting in the nest laying eggs and eating corn-mix.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 6 2010, 11:23 PM
Post #31

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Sep 6 2010, 06:02 PM) *

Oh noes! Thankfully the hefty hen has halted her egg massacre phase, the run-in with the pooch seems to have put her off doing anything but sitting in the nest laying eggs and eating corn-mix.

Suzie: "Don't go out there, Sarah! Wolves!"

Poor Suzie, and bless her heart!

This post has been edited by mALX: Sep 6 2010, 11:23 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Sep 6 2010, 11:35 PM
Post #32

Mouth
Group Icon

ROFL! The hounds of hell are distracted these days by our new garden guest...Mr.Hedgehog! Maisie encountered a hedgehog when she was a pup and ended up with a sore mouth, Lottie however has never met a woodland creature and has no qualms about digging under the garden fence to find our new neighbour. Tsk, terriers are too nosy for their own good.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 6 2010, 11:49 PM
Post #33

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Sep 6 2010, 06:35 PM) *

ROFL! The hounds of hell are distracted these days by our new garden guest...Mr.Hedgehog! Maisie encountered a hedgehog when she was a pup and ended up with a sore mouth, Lottie however has never met a woodland creature and has no qualms about digging under the garden fence to find our new neighbour. Tsk, terriers are too nosy for their own good.

I'll bet you never find a rat or mouse, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Sep 6 2010, 11:55 PM
Post #34

Mouth
Group Icon

Only the ones Florrie brings back from her skirmishes to a nearby farm. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 7 2010, 12:26 AM
Post #35

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Sep 6 2010, 06:55 PM) *

Only the ones Florrie brings back from her skirmishes to a nearby farm. biggrin.gif

Does she...deposit them in front of you as if she just bought you the Hope diamond? Our feral cat colony started doing that a couple years ago...squirrels, chipmonks, hares, etc - placed on the doormat and whoever the proud donor was preens around like Queen for a Day or something. (while I am puking my breakfast up)

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Sep 7 2010, 01:13 AM
Post #36

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 7 2010, 12:26 AM) *

Does she...deposit them in front of you as if she just bought you the Hope diamond? Our feral cat colony started doing that a couple years ago...squirrels, chipmonks, hares, etc - placed on the doormat and whoever the proud donor was preens around like Queen for a Day or something. (while I am puking my breakfast up)

yup, she's only a small cat so it's generally just mice, baby rats, and shrews. There was an incident with a live pigeon that she released into my mum's bedroom. you wouldn't believe the mess it made...

My neighbour's cat gave me a dead stoat once, everyone else thought it was disgusting but I thought it was quite impressive, I'll try and get a picture of this cat, he's nearly three times the size of Florrie! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 7 2010, 01:45 AM
Post #37

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Sep 6 2010, 08:13 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 7 2010, 12:26 AM) *

yup, she's only a small cat so it's generally just mice, baby rats, and shrews. There was an incident with a live pigeon that she released into my mum's bedroom. you wouldn't believe the mess it made...

My neighbour's cat gave me a dead stoat once, everyone else thought it was disgusting but I thought it was quite impressive, I'll try and get a picture of this cat, he's nearly three times the size of Florrie! biggrin.gif

That has to be some huge cat! Oh, and for it to bring it to you - the neighbor's cat has to think highly of you to do that! They only bring them to people they like.

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Sep 7 2010, 01:51 AM
Post #38

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 7 2010, 01:45 AM) *

That has to be some huge cat! Oh, and for it to bring it to you - the neighbor's cat has to think highly of you to do that! They only bring them to people they like.

yeah, I look after my neighbour's five cats when they go on holiday or to work in London, I also do odd-jobs in my neighbours garden. My mum planted a catnip plant in our garden for the cats and Ginger (the stoat catcher) sat on and killed the plant. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 7 2010, 02:24 AM
Post #39

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Sep 6 2010, 08:51 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 7 2010, 01:45 AM) *

yeah, I look after my neighbour's five cats when they go on holiday or to work in London, I also do odd-jobs in my neighbours garden. My mum planted a catnip plant in our garden for the cats and Ginger (the stoat catcher) sat on and killed the plant. laugh.gif

My cat would love anyone with a catnip plant too, lol. They all roll around like crazed loons when I put it in a glove and throw it out for them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Oct 3 2010, 10:02 PM
Post #40

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Here's a picture of my cat Oreo doing what she does best: Nothing.

P.S. My girlfriend bought the bed for her. laugh.gif

IPB Image

This post has been edited by Kiln: Oct 3 2010, 10:03 PM

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post

43 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:38 PM