> The "Older Games" Character Creation Thread
Renee
post Jun 1 2018, 01:23 AM
Post #21

Councilor
Group Icon

GAME (Platform): Morrowind (Xbox 360)

Name: Igodah Gopei

Dead-is-Dead?: No. Since she lived long enough to see the Oblivion Crisis. nono.gif

Race: high elf

Sign: The Lover (Leo)

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Home: Though she's a member of Mages Guild, she prefers sleeping in caves she's cleared (like Adamamuran). She has a habit of leaving unused items and even thousands of gold in these caves.

Home Country: Summerset Isles

Faction and Rank or Guilds: Mages Guild, Thieves Guild

Faction Description: Mages Guild is self-explanatory, but Igodah quickly rushed through most of their available quests. She joined the Thieves Guild, looking for extra things she can do with all her magical talents, but there are times when actual tasks are needed which an actual thief is better at (picking pockets for instance), and she's not very good at this sort of stuff.

Class: Mage

Class Description: I actually chose Mage (the standard Beth class) because it fits Igodah so well.

Major Skills: Mysticism, Destruction, Alteration, Illusion, Restoration

Minor Skills: Enchant, Alchemy, Unarmored, Short Blade, Conjuration

Tabletop Skills: Knife, Literacy, Scholar, Cooking, Alchemy

Magic abilities or powers: Igodah concentrates on Alchemy, Destruction, and Enchanting the most. Alteration and Illusion are secondary, and she barely uses anything else. She uses Mysticism almost exclusively to walk on water, especially if she needs to get away from surprise attacks which happen near aqua. As she's gained rare items here and there, her talent for Conjuration (which she studied and practiced for months) has fallen aside, because now she's got a couple of items which can summon undead. indifferent.gif

Her usual go-to magics are her Ghost Charm (an amulet which summons an Ancestral Ghost) Amulet of Skeletal Warrior, Damage Strength, Damage Willpower, Fire and Ice spells. She uses Invisibility and Water Walking defensively, and does plenty of experimenting with Alchemy too.

Physical Appearance: Gaze upon my countenance, worm.

Eyes: gold

Build: goldenrod wink.gif

Weapons of preference: daggars and shortswords. Her fave is a blade which o paralyzes foes for 10 seconds.

Clothing: robes mostly, though she's the type who also dolls herself in upper-class clothes, sometimes.

Miscellaneous: Luci Pheria's roleplay isn't gonna work on Xbox, so I began to think what other of my older characters would be appropriate for Morrowind? Igodan definitely is. Her backstory from my PS3 days is pretty open and weak; I don't have any notes about her from 2009-2010 at all.

So why not? smile.gif Igodan's a lot more action-oriented than Luci is. She was in the Mages Guild when I was playing Oblivion, and got to be somewhat of an uber. About 90% pure mage, with some swordplay as backup. bluewizardsmile.gif

Mental Profile/Personality: Igodah's got somewhat of a devious streak. She was technically evil when I gamed with her years ago in Oblivion, yet she wasn't blindly sadistic about this. She likes blending into society. She is somewhat of a snob. Aloof and uppity, yet also quiet.

Biography/Life History: Igodah was born in the Summerset Isles, and grew up Alinor. By the time she was teenage, she was one of many hundreds of other students who were proficient at magic. And it looked like she'd have a great (yet ultimately forgettable) career ahead of her, right in the Isles.

But she did not want to be just another magic-user, one of many in her homeland. She wanted to see the world first. And maybe learn some other forms of magic. As a young scholar, Igodah wanted more. And what better place to learn about the world-at-large but Tamriel's center?

She moved to Cyrodiil in the year 427, and joined up with the Mages Guild. For whatever reason, Igodah chose not to stay in Cyrodiil. She wanted to move on.

In the year 429 she arrived in Vvardenfell, already knowledgeable in all schools of magic. She arrived with a variety of spells already packed within her spell book. Her goal in Vvardenfell is simple: to become the most powerful mage in all the land. bluewizardsmile.gif Power and riches!

This post has been edited by Renee: Jan 31 2020, 02:23 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jun 1 2018, 03:23 PM
Post #22

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Igodah Gopei sees new light!

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 1 2018, 03:40 PM
Post #23

Ancient
Group Icon

If I played her, the name would make me constantly go to the bathroom.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 1 2018, 05:40 PM
Post #24

Councilor
Group Icon

GAME (Platform): Morrowind (PC)

Name: Lwanda

Status: Retired from general adventuring, now she just hunts.

Dead-is-Dead?: No

Race: Redguard

Faction and Rank or Guilds (if none, tell us what they do for a living): Daedra Hunter

Major Skills: (Short) Spear, Block, Unarmoured, Archery, Restoration

Magic abilities or powers: None

Physical Appearance: As seen here

Eyes: Dark brown

Build: Yeah!

Weapons of preference: Short spear and shield, will also use a bow when range is needed.

Clothing: Minimal, made of leopard skin.

Miscellaneous: Lives in a custom hut in the Grazelands.

Mental Profile/Personality: Loves to hunt Daedra, as they're definitely not an endangered species.

Biography/Life History: She's not sure how she got to Vvardenfell, but the hunting's good, so she stayed.

Created because I wanted to make a short spear mod. I never got around to publishing it, but it all works - outfit, weapons, shield, hut. The hardest part was scripting the shield to cooperate with the unarmoured skill, so she didn't actually lose defence by equipping it.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 2 2018, 03:02 PM
Post #25

Councilor
Group Icon

Cool! A daedra hunter! That sounds like wicked fun. Really advanced stuff! It implies she's actually going to be aggressive, raid those lairs and such.

I'm just mentioning this because I'm nowhere near to being that confident with this game.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 2 2018, 09:21 PM
Post #26

Councilor
Group Icon

The Grazelands are has single Daedra wandering around it, which makes them relatively easy. If you venture into the Daedric ruins, you're likely to meet them in numbers, and that's not as much fun. They're also the tougher ones, like Golden Saints, which are rarely found far outside the ruins.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 2 2018, 12:56 AM
Post #27

Councilor
Group Icon

Name: Armand Hammer

Dead-is-Dead?: Within reason.

Race: Redguard

Sign: The Lord (Virgo)

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Home: None yet. He tended to stay in Fighters Guilds and Imperial forts.

Home Country:

Faction and Rank or Guilds: Fighters Guild, Imperial Legion, Imperial Cult

Faction Description: Armand spent most of his time doing Fighters Guild stuff, which are slightly easier than Imperial Legion quests. He joined the Imperial Cult too, and did some occasional random quests for them. Funny thing is, Armand met only one of the Cult's requirements to join: he was good with Blunt Weapons!

Class: Fighter (Barbarian)

Class Description: I chose the standard Bethesda class Barbarian. It's got Blunt Weapons as a Major, which is pretty much what we're interested in. viking.gif

Major Skills: Blunt Weapons, Medium Armor, Axe, Athletics, Block

Minor Skills: Acrobatics, Light Amor, Armorer, Marksman, Unarmored

Tabletop Skills: Axe/Mace, Shield, Warrior, Running, Literacy

Magic abilities or powers: Adrenaline Rush (Redguard stuff), Blood of the North (from the Lord class). Armand also carries some specific magic items at all time: his belt casts a Shield spell, an Amulet of Opening, and he's got a ring which heals his health.

Physical Appearance: Yes

Eyes: two of them, yes.

Build: sturdy, solid, lots of muscle

Weapons of preference: warhammers, sometimes a mace & shield combination.

Clothing: Most of the time, Armand wore armor. Around areas where he didn't have to fight (in theory) he'll switch to common clothes.

Miscellaneous:

Mental Profile/Personality: Armand was even-tempered, but he had his limits. After killing an orc during the first Fighters Guild quest he accomplished, Armand took a hard look at doing things that don't just involve bashing malcontents. But he had his limits. Eventually, the hammer must come out.

Biography/Life History: Armand moved to Morrowind to join the Imperial legion, and also the Fighters Guild. He was doing okay with his early quests except for one thing: he was not good at talking to people. Over and over, he hit a bunch of snags during quests, because he'd be unable to convince other people to see things his way. viking.gif

Armand got pwned though, while doing a Fighters Guild quest. The quest sent him to his first daedric shrine. The boss there used some kind of magic on Armand, and health just plummeted. Even with his best healing magic, he was unable to combat the boss. That was the end of Armand Hammer.

This post has been edited by Renee: Oct 4 2018, 01:30 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 2 2018, 01:31 PM
Post #28

Master
Group Icon

Some rules are meant to be broken, else there wouldn't be Armand now. I'm glad you don't live in some place where it never rains else you'd need to travel to another place to create new t00ns. tongue.gif

BTW, Imperial Cult and Imperial Legion are two different factions and questlines, just saying, because the cult is more religious-like whereas the legion is more suitable for warriors.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 2 2018, 03:07 PM
Post #29

Spam Meister
Group Icon

A new t00n for Renee, and it's not raining? blink.gif

Reckon he must be very impatient to pwn some foes biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 2 2018, 03:54 PM
Post #30

Councilor
Group Icon

Neither of you guys knows what Armand Hammer refers to, do you? biggrin.gif I'm waiting for somebody to get that play on words. Then again, you're both European. Perhaps you don't have Arm & Hammer products where you live.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 2 2018, 04:00 PM
Post #31

Spam Meister
Group Icon

As a Scandinavian, no we don't have that here wink.gif

Like the reference though. Thought you'd lost your touch there for a moment biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 2 2018, 04:21 PM
Post #32

Paladin
Group Icon

'Armand Hammer' - wonderfully clever, Renee! As always. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 2 2018, 04:28 PM
Post #33

Ancient
Group Icon

I have Renee's new character in my fridge, and in my cat's litter box! ohmy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 7 2018, 02:44 AM
Post #34

Councilor
Group Icon

GAME (Platform): Morrowind (Xbox)

Name: Miss Chevuus

Dead-is-Dead?: Yes

Race: dark elf

Sign: The Steed (Leo)

Alignment: probably NE

Home: Any Thieves Guild hideout

Home Country: Morrowind, town of Balmora

Faction and Rank or Guilds (if none, tell us what they do for a living): Thieves Guild

Faction Description:

Class: Thief

Class Description: the standard Beth class

Major Skills: Acrobat, Light Armor, Security, Short Blade, Sneak

Minor Skills: Athletics, Hand 2 Hand, Marksman, Mercantile, Speechcraft

Tabletop Skills: Bow (2), Knife (1), Literacy (1), Running (1), Silent Movement, Swimming (1), Thief (2)

Magic abilities or powers: some Illusion

Physical Appearance: Good morning

Eyes:: red and hypnotic

Build: slender

Weapons of preference: short bows, short blades, daggers, thrown weapons

Clothing: anything which helps her blend in, to darkness, or society

Miscellaneous: Miss Chevuus is not her real name, it's more of a nickname. Her real Dunmer given name is not known to me yet.

She has a habit of breaking & entering into Imperial forts and sometimes the homes / manors of richer folk (assuming these richer folk are not Dunmer, especially).

Mental Profile/Personality: Mischievous, obviously. Of all my characters, this Dunmer is one of the more innocuous ones I've rolled. Nothing about her really obvious about her. She would not stand out in a crowd (especially a crowd of other Dunmer). But that's her strategy. She has a habit of dressing rather plainly. Sneaking in and out of various locations, while leaving no trace of her deviousness.

Biography/Life History: Miss Chevuus moves to Vvardenfll after being released early from some sort of incarceration. She gets shipped back to her homeland. After arriving in Balmora, she wasted no time sussing around to see if the Thieves Guild is still in operation.

I get the feeling that she was not Thieves Guild in the past, though. She was more of an independent thief, who got caught. Now that she's part of the TG, she is hoping they'll offer her more protection, so that she can live the life she really desires.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jan 31 2020, 02:52 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 7 2018, 07:52 AM
Post #35

Master
Group Icon

She's coming...

It's over by now, right? biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 8 2019, 10:10 PM
Post #36

Councilor
Group Icon

GAME (Platform): Morrowind (Xbox)

Name: Sir Galarad

Dead-is-Dead?: within reason

Race: Breton

Sign: The Lord (Scorpio)

Alignment: Lawful Good

Home: Nedhela's house, Caldera. Galarad did some quest involving Nedhela (who never enters his own home). Galarad pays occasional gold to Nedhela to stay in Nedhela's home, and store items there, too. Other than this, Galarad often sleeps in whatever local Imperial fort or Fighter's Guild is nearest.

Home Country: Cyrodiil

Faction and Rank or Guilds: Fighters Guild, Imperial Cult, Imperial Legion.

Faction Description:

Class: Knight (custom)

Class Description: similar to the standard Knight class, with some changes, so that he's got certain Majors that fit his profile.

Major Skills: Block, Heavy Armor, Long Blade, Restoration, Speechcraft

Minor Skills:

Tabletop Skills: Charisma, Shield, Sword, Warrior

Magic abilities or powers: Heal Self, Shield

Physical Appearance: Bask in the glory that is the Nine!

Eyes: blue

Build: chiseled and epic

Weapons of preference: Longswords, preferably silver, or enchanted with Fire.

Clothing: Rarely. He mostly appears in his shiny armor. When he wears ordinary clothes they can range from Lower to Upper class, depending on the situation.

Miscellaneous: I rolled Galarad just after my birthday, in a matter of minutes. My Redguard hammer guy had gotten killed in some Dwemer ruin, and it was raining. I had to roll somebody right then and there, all I needed was a name. "Galarad" is a play on Galahad of course, except he's more "rad." viking.gif

When he is desperate for money, Galarad picks flowers by the side of the road. He has no idea that these flowers mostly will get used to make potions and poisons, no, he sells these flowers because he thinks most of them will become gifts or air-fresheners in homes Galarad rarely is desperate for money, now that he's done many deeds and plundered many lairs.

Mental Profile/Personality: Sir Galarad seems both stubborn and open-minded. He's single-minded toward the idea of completing whatever quest he's been assigned, but tends to keep his eyes open, following his spiritual beliefs FIRST, before just doing whatever he's been told by morals. Despite this, he is more of a Knight than a Paladin. Performing good works in the lands and caves often means improvising his beliefs.

Biography/Life History: Devoted to The Nine like many other typical youths, Sir Galarad originally followed the path of lots of my other "good" characters. Plenty of time in chapels getting educated as a youth, followed by a stint in the military. It's that blend of saints and soldiers that brought Galarad to where he is today.

Of the Nine, he finds himself devoted mostly to Stendarr, Mara, and Julianos.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jan 31 2020, 02:49 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post May 13 2019, 09:51 AM
Post #37

Master
Group Icon

Galarad is the Haaf-Mersey of Morrowind. viking.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 13 2019, 04:44 PM
Post #38

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ May 13 2019, 04:51 AM) *

Galarad is the Haaf-Mersey of Morrowind. viking.gif

He is!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 2 2019, 03:21 PM
Post #39

Councilor
Group Icon

Name: Graagyn Tankaard

Dead-is-Dead?: Kyllä (yes)

Race: Nord

Sign: The Serpent

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Home: Outdoors

Home Country: Skyrim

Faction and Rank or Guilds: None!

Faction Description:

Class: Barbarian viking.gif

Class Description:

Major Skills: Block, Medium Armor, Spear, Acrobatics, Blunt Weapons

Minor Skills: Marksman, Axe, Athletics, Heavy Armor, Unarmored

Tabletop Skills: Axe / Mace (), Pole Weapons, Running (1), Swimming (2)

Magic abilities or powers: Lol

Physical Appearance:

Eyes:

Build: bulky and athletic

Weapons of preference: BIG ones

Clothing: Graagyn was interesting as he was my first character who prefered not wearing much. He was running around shirtless when he got pwned, for instance.

Miscellaneous: A few months ago I became almost bored with Sir Galarad's game, mostly because he sticks to all the rules, always travels by roads, boats, or stilt striders, and is heavily quest-oriented. Graagyn was a breath of fresh air.

Other than food, Graagyn DID NOT care for all the usual things and comforts. He hated being indoors, had no concept of how to use money. If he wanted something and it was in somebody's house, he'd simply take it.

One time he was in a shop in Vivec (going crazy because he couldn't figure out how to get outside) and found a daedric cuirass. This thing was worth a whole lot of money, over 5,000 gold. But Graagyn only picked it up because he liked the feel of its magic. After stealing it and then wearing it for a half-hour, he simply dropped this expensive armor on the ground, because he wanted to feel fresh air on his bare skin again.

Mental Profile/Personality: pretty much an oaf.

Biography/Life History: There's not much of one, I didn't game with him for more than 4 hours! It was fun running around with somebody who has absolutely NO care about where he goes. I explored a lot with the guy, and he found some pretty interesting stuff Galarad and Igodah will probably never find. laugh.gif

But he eventually wound up somewhere in the Molag Amur area, with two skeletons, a rat, and a cliff racer chasing him all at the same time, in an ash storm. panic.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 2 2019, 03:34 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 31 2020, 03:07 PM
Post #40

Councilor
Group Icon

GAME (Platform): TES 1: Arena, (PC)

Name: Renee Gade I

Dead-is-Dead?: No!

Race: Nord

Sign:

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Home:

Home Country: Skyrim, town of Amol

Faction and Rank or Guilds Arena has no joinable guilds, but I like to imagine she'd be part of Fighters Guild, and would maybe join Mages Guild just for their resources.

Faction Description:

Class: Battlemage

Class Description: In the first Elder Scrolls game, being a Battlemange meant being a fighter who specializes in magic on the side, and only wears Light Armor.

Major Skills:

Minor Skills:

Tabletop Skills: Axe/Mace (2), Horsemanship (1), Literacy (1), Shield (1), Swimming (2), Sword (2), Warrior (2)

Magic abilities or powers: Create / Destroy Wall, Heal Self, Invisibility, Shield

Physical Appearance: RAWR!

Eyes: dark

Build: Athletic (like I wish I still was)

Weapons of preference: Swords (one-handed)

Armor & Clothing: She'd wear leather armor constantly while out questing (because that's some of the only light armor Arena allows). In towns she'd often switch to ordinary clothes, and had a habit of leaving her old armor sets behind in various blacksmith establishments as her fame became prominent, instead of getting this apparel repaired.

Miscellaneous: Renee Gade I is my character who completed Arena's Main Quest. I gamed with her from 2014 until 2016, yet only now realized I hadn't dedicated a post for her. Renee Gade the first is the mother of Renee Gade II (my first serious roleplay in Oblivion), and grandmother of Lucitia (Renee Gade III, my long-lasting PC character).

Mental Profile/Personality: Cold and dedicated.

Biography/Life History: Renee was a battlemage for Uriel Septim VII's court. Though details are scarce, she eventually became imprisoned after Jagar Tharn immobilized Uriel in the year 389 of the 3rd Era. Jagar had the Empire in his hands, and it was up to lowly Renee to conquer him. Eventually she did so. Control of the lands returned to Uriel some time in 391 or 392, after much questing and righteous plundering.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jan 31 2020, 07:57 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:22 PM