Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Oasis, my first story
jack cloudy
post Feb 11 2006, 11:49 AM
Post #21

Master
Group Icon

Allright, first off. I've only barely reached Balmora in my game and ran around for 2 gamedays looking for Caius, so don't expect too much in the form of knowledge. Also, my computer shouldn't be able to handle Morrowind. I'm using an s3 savage or something like that which I remember to be in the list of unsupported 3d cards. Result, clashing colours, face textures on walls and anything enchanted or some forms of magic make the game hang. I can handle the colours and am attempting to remove the hanging by throwing away the enchantments with the help of a mod.

I'll try to work these hardware problems in the story somehow without having to make my character into a drug addict.

Now for the story. Comments, critics and suggestions are welcome.

Chapter 1: Oblivion or not?
I awoke on the wet floor, feeling sicker than I ever felt before. Holding my head, I looked at my surroundings. Yep, I was still on the same boat. If I had anything in my stomach, I would’ve vomited. I’m not a sailor.

,,Get up, you’ve been sleeping all night. Not even the storm could wake you.” The halfnaked elf with a huge scar on his face said. He was the only other living being in this room, if you didn’t count the rats and the worms. Now what was his name? Oh yeah, Jiub. And about the storm, the storm was what knocked me out in the first place, so it couldn’t possibly wake me up.

,,What’s your name?” Jiub continued. It looked like he had more trouble with names than I do, and I have a lot of trouble with names.
,,Luper Alkad.” I answered.
The elf rambled on that we’d reached Morrowind, wherever that was. And that he was sure that they would let us go. In your dreams, pal.
I was convinced that Morrowind had to be inside Oblivion, just listen to the name. Morrowind, that sounds like something a sick Daedra could come up with.

I didn’t really care where we were. Jails were all the same, no matter where they where located.

,,Quit, here comes the guard.” If I didn’t felt so sick, I would have hit him and said that I didn’t say anything for the last five minutes. He was the one who was constantly talking.

The guard smelled like he’d been drinking all night. How someone could possibly get drunk, or even drink on a boat in that storm was beyond me. Either way, the guard tried to drag me along but I easily pulled myself loose. The guard didn’t even notice and I followed the drunk idiot up to the deck, still cursing my fate for what it brought and feeling dizzy. I hate boats.

When I reached the deck, the drunk guard remained behind. Fine, he smelled bad anyway. A second guard told me to get off the ramp and into the building I could see through the fog. I looked at the village. The place was a mess. The guards really must have been pissed off to take me to this place. Welcome to Oblivion.

Oh well, I guess that’s what they call life. You can’t have everything. I walked off the ramp and started to feel a bit better already. I love solid ground, even if it was as wet and damp as the ground there. Everything was better than the damn boat.

Yet another guard stopped me at the bottom of the ramp. What is it with these guards? They’ve got more guards than villagers it seems. This guy wanted to know where I was from for no good reason. I am a Redguard, shouldn’t that tell enough?! ,,From your dreams.” I answered.

The guard looked at me for a while. ,,Whatever, I’m sure you’ll fit right in. Just go into the office.”

The office looked reasonable. If it wasn’t for the current inhabitants, it would make a nice place. Anyway, an old guy named Social Erratica or something like that wanted me to fill in some forms. The good news was that Jiub was right, they were going to release us! The bad news, the old guy was a freak and this place was Oblivion.

There were three ways I could fill in the forms, pick from a list, fill them in myself, or let him ask a bunch of questions to analyze my personality. See, I told you the guy was a freak.

I decided to fill them in myself. Now I had two choices, to lie or to tell the thruth.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
jack cloudy   Oasis   Feb 11 2006, 11:49 AM
Tellie   Nice, start. This story have the potential of beco...   Feb 11 2006, 08:05 PM
mplantinga   An interesting start. I like how you've given ...   Feb 11 2006, 09:03 PM
Kiln   I like how the story is exploding with the charact...   Feb 11 2006, 09:30 PM
jack cloudy   Thanks for the comments. I just finished the chara...   Feb 11 2006, 09:46 PM
Taillus   You have a good story going so far. I like how you...   Feb 11 2006, 10:02 PM
Kiln   This is a good read, I like how the character does...   Feb 11 2006, 10:13 PM
minque   Hehe....nice and amusing! A refreshing harshne...   Feb 11 2006, 10:31 PM
Tellie   You, keep getting better Oasis, I really like the ...   Feb 12 2006, 12:39 AM
jack cloudy   Just a short update. I've got a few ideas I...   Feb 12 2006, 12:45 PM
Tellie   You're still going well, and I'm still rea...   Feb 12 2006, 02:53 PM
jack cloudy   First walk outside town is done. I've also don...   Feb 12 2006, 05:55 PM
mplantinga   I present to you the offficial "planty award ...   Feb 12 2006, 09:09 PM
Kiln   Wow the impersonation of the tax collector was a m...   Feb 12 2006, 09:18 PM
minque   *chuckles* A quite amusing approach 'i´d say.....   Feb 12 2006, 10:29 PM
jack cloudy   *bows humbly and accepts the reward* Thank you all...   Feb 13 2006, 08:11 AM
Kiln   Very good update. I liked how the character dealt...   Feb 13 2006, 04:22 PM
jack cloudy   Thank you. That line just kind of popped up in my ...   Feb 13 2006, 09:44 PM
Taillus   I am loving it! I just wish I had a following ...   Feb 13 2006, 09:48 PM
jack cloudy   What follows has been written for no good reason o...   Feb 14 2006, 08:17 AM
Kiln   Hehe, I really like the character's little sch...   Feb 14 2006, 02:28 PM
Taillus   That will show Fargoth that slimy little bugger...   Feb 14 2006, 03:37 PM
Tellie   HAHA,i'm rolling on the floor laughing. I was ...   Feb 14 2006, 04:28 PM
jack cloudy   Thank you all for the nice comments. And don't...   Feb 14 2006, 09:13 PM
Kiln   Great update, I really do like the way you breathe...   Feb 14 2006, 10:13 PM
Elidor   Haha I love this spunky character, hes definately ...   Feb 15 2006, 11:09 AM
Sinder Velvin   It's called Oasis, yet neither of the Gallaghe...   Feb 15 2006, 06:52 PM
Taillus   Cain Cossack! That was a riot. Your character ...   Feb 15 2006, 08:31 PM
jack cloudy   Thank you, thank you. Ok, question answer time...   Feb 15 2006, 09:34 PM
Sinder Velvin   This is the real Oasis.   Feb 16 2006, 10:36 AM
minque   Huh? :D Oh aye......muhahaha...hmm can´t say I´...   Feb 16 2006, 08:15 PM
jack cloudy   I never listen to music and all, so I didn't k...   Feb 16 2006, 08:22 PM
Tellie   Hi, you're getting better and better every pos...   Feb 17 2006, 12:25 PM
mplantinga   An excellent chapter. I've enjoyed your unique...   Mar 1 2006, 12:03 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 08:25 PM