Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rate Your Level of Excitement., Poll Inside...
How excited are you about this game?
How Excited are you about ES Online?
OMG HAVE TO PLAY AWESOMEBBQSAUCE@!!! [ 3 ] ** [15.00%]
Very excited. [ 2 ] ** [10.00%]
Somewhat excited. [ 5 ] ** [25.00%]
Not excited at all but I will still try it. [ 3 ] ** [15.00%]
I don't even care and probably won't try it. [ 7 ] ** [35.00%]
Total Votes: 20
Guests cannot vote 
McBadgere
post Jul 18 2013, 06:42 PM
Post #61

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Impy)
The survey you get when you make a charcter where you choose what kind of people you want in your game,since they don't have servers they have one Mega Server(well three for each region) so you can choose RPers,PVPers,Dungeoners.

Fair dues...Sounds like a plan!... biggrin.gif ...

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Jul 18 2013, 06:43 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Jul 19 2013, 12:52 AM
Post #62

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(ThatSkyrimGuy @ Jul 18 2013, 05:24 AM) *

do we have a release date?

No official release date yet (to the best of my knowledge). They're on the third round of closed beta invites right now. An educated guess might be: spring 2014...but who knows? smile.gif

One thing we don't need any more of in the Elder Scrolls franchise, in my opinion, is any more inflexible release dates. I'm happy with Zenimax pushing back an intended release date if they think the game needs more work.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 19 2013, 01:59 AM
Post #63

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ThatSkyrimGuy @ Jul 18 2013, 08:24 AM) *

On a separate note, has the game been released yet? If not...do we have a release date?

Perhaps 13/13/13? wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Jul 19 2013, 04:08 AM
Post #64

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 18 2013, 05:59 PM) *

Perhaps 13/13/13? wink.gif

Or 14/14/14. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jul 19 2013, 09:58 AM
Post #65

Master
Group Icon

Spring 2014 is the release date.
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Jul 20 2013, 03:07 AM
Post #66

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ Jul 19 2013, 01:58 AM) *

According to gaming journalism (a source for which apparently cannot be located on the internet) the projected release date is spring, 2014.

And I'm sure we all know that gaming journalism is never wrong about anything. cool.gif
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 20 2013, 07:26 AM
Post #67

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pseron Wyrd @ Jul 20 2013, 02:07 AM) *

QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ Jul 19 2013, 01:58 AM) *

According to gaming journalism (a source for which apparently cannot be located on the internet) the projected release date is spring, 2014.

And I'm sure we all know that gaming journalism is never wrong about anything. cool.gif

Right it is basically just a guess.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jul 21 2013, 08:23 PM
Post #68

Master
Group Icon

The results make me a sad lad.

+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Jul 22 2013, 01:31 AM
Post #69

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ Jul 21 2013, 12:23 PM) *

You have to keep in mind that this is a forum for single-player games. The results we see here are naturally going to be skewed. You can't place too much importance on how folks vote here.

Gamers who mostly play single-player games are often gamers who do not like multiplayer games. That's just how it is. Take a look at all the hundreds of threads in the Bethesda forums over the years asking for multiplayer. The responses are usually overwhelmingly hostile.

The opposite can also be true. There is a portion of online gamers who dislike single-player games. They think single-player games are boring because there's no human beings in them.

I'm actually kind of amazed that the poll shows as much interest as it does, to be honest.

This post has been edited by Pseron Wyrd: Jul 22 2013, 01:32 AM
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jul 22 2013, 06:48 PM
Post #70

Master
Group Icon

Suppose you're right.
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 30 2013, 03:58 AM
Post #71

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pseron Wyrd @ Jul 22 2013, 12:31 AM) *

QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ Jul 21 2013, 12:23 PM) *

You have to keep in mind that this is a forum for single-player games. The results we see here are naturally going to be skewed. You can't place too much importance on how folks vote here.

Gamers who mostly play single-player games are often gamers who do not like multiplayer games. That's just how it is. Take a look at all the hundreds of threads in the Bethesda forums over the years asking for multiplayer. The responses are usually overwhelmingly hostile.

The opposite can also be true. There is a portion of online gamers who dislike single-player games. They think single-player games are boring because there's no human beings in them.

I'm actually kind of amazed that the poll shows as much interest as it does, to be honest.

Yeah I gotta agree with everything here. Maybe when it is released there will be a small boost in interest and forum members but it will probably be small increases if at all.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Jul 30 2013, 09:26 PM
Post #72

Councilor
Group Icon

While I agree with the thing that we shouldn't believe everything we read in the mags...One thing I read in the brother's X-Box mag today was that they repeatedly asked Zenimax about a monthly subscription charge...And Zenimax completely blanked them...

The game sounds proper epic...They had a two-hour hands on sesh, and what they did in the time sounds brilliant...But I'm not going to bother if there's a monthly charge...That I can't afford...Not for a game...
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 31 2013, 11:33 AM
Post #73

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Jul 30 2013, 08:26 PM) *

While I agree with the thing that we shouldn't believe everything we read in the mags...One thing I read in the brother's X-Box mag today was that they repeatedly asked Zenimax about a monthly subscription charge...And Zenimax completely blanked them...

The game sounds proper epic...They had a two-hour hands on sesh, and what they did in the time sounds brilliant...But I'm not going to bother if there's a monthly charge...That I can't afford...Not for a game...

I'm betting there is a subscription fee, if there is then I definitely won't be playing it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jul 31 2013, 12:31 PM
Post #74

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ Jul 31 2013, 11:33 AM) *

I'm betting there is a subscription fee, if there is then I definitely won't be playing it.

I don't know; considering the current MMO zeitgeist for either Pay Once, Play Forever or Free to Play models, I'd reckon it'll be one of those. I'm just hoping it's not going to be a Freemium model. That would suck magnificently.
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 31 2013, 07:07 PM
Post #75

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Jul 31 2013, 11:31 AM) *

QUOTE(Kiln @ Jul 31 2013, 11:33 AM) *

I don't know; considering the current MMO zeitgeist for either Pay Once, Play Forever or Free to Play models, I'd reckon it'll be one of those. I'm just hoping it's not going to be a Freemium model. That would suck magnificently.

Yeah but this is Bethsoft, they've already got a fan base behind them and they're already doing well financially, which sets them apart from other game companies trying to introduce new MMO titles. We'll just have to see, everything until they announce one way or another is just speculation anyways.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Aug 1 2013, 05:27 PM
Post #76

Master
Group Icon

I, Darkness Eternal, give you new gameplay video.

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Aug 1 2013, 07:01 PM
Post #77

Master
Group Icon

Watching it now. Still not happy about the race/faction lock. (if it's still in and I kinda get why. I mean, can you imagine if 9 out of ten Stormcloaks were Argonians, Khajiit or Altmer?)

First of all, first-person combat actually looks neat and indeed like the single-player games. A tad too fast for my liking, but maybe that is just them making the trailer footage as exciting as possible while saving precious seconds by speeding it up a bit. I hope so. My reflexes suck.

Also neat lightning effect on that hammer.

~7:30: An Ogrim! I haven't seen those Daedric big fellas in ages! cool.gif

Ok, I skipped ahead when they started saying what mmos are. Sorry, but I have a short attention span. I do really like the look of the combat system but again, too fast so hopefully they slow it down a tad. I also wish I saw more fighting that wasn't dual-wielding. It does seem that singleweapons can block though. The quick spellcasting was hotkey-based I guess and the equivalent of all the skillslots in most mmos.

Enchanting effects are gorgeous. No more static fade-in fade-out glows wrapped around the weapon!

The Daedroth looked a tad different than I thought, but I like the more outworldly stonelike skin. I mean, it's a demon from a different dimension.

I didn't get a close-up (maybe in a part I missed), but Argonians seem to be based on Skyrims. And Skyrim Argonians rock! Oblivion ones looked kinda cute and innocent, but I like the ones who mean bussiness.

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Aug 1 2013, 07:11 PM

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 1 2013, 07:29 PM
Post #78

Paladin
Group Icon

DE, thanks for the vid. It looks very interesting and the scenery looks fabulous. Having never touched an MMO before, I found the discussion interesting and relevant.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Dec 18 2013, 06:16 AM
Post #79

Councilor
Group Icon

Looks like it's mac compatible. Might try it out? I dunno I always liked elder scrolls for the fact that I could zone out into it. If I gotta hear a bunch of ten year-olds screaming profanities a la halo, I'm not going to be really into it.

Otherwise, looks kinda cool, and if we did a Chorrol guild as mentioned, it could definitely be fun.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Dec 18 2013, 06:17 PM
Post #80

Master
Group Icon

It is slated to work on Mac. PC and Mac users will play together, and then Xbox One and PS4 will have separate servers.

I would like to upgrade my vote from "Not excited at all but I will still try it" to "Very excited." smile.gif

There isn't any voice chatter that I know of. There is a general text chat, but that is easily filtered if you do not want to participate in that.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:27 AM