Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Game of Thrones, *** Spoilers *** (and discussion)
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 17 2019, 09:32 PM
Post #61

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 17 2019, 03:21 PM) *

I'll have to watch season one again to see when Jon made Needle for her whether she looked at it and said it was Valerian Steel. I thought she did. But I know it isn't Needle she is having melted down to make the lance = it was a greatsword, like Jon Snow carries.

Needle was forged by Mikken, Winterfell’s smith, back before the bad times. Khajiit believes Jon was the one who commissioned it for her though.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Apr 17 2019, 11:21 PM
Post #62

Master
Group Icon

I feel like the episode could have used another 10 minutes throughout to flesh out some dialogue. Certain scenes between characters seemed rushed.

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 17 2019, 11:44 PM
Post #63

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 17 2019, 04:32 PM) *

I'll have to watch season one again to see when Jon made Needle for her whether she looked at it and said it was Valerian Steel. I thought she did. But I know it isn't Needle she is having melted down to make the lance = it was a greatsword, like Jon Snow carries.

Needle was forged by Mikken, Winterfell’s smith, back before the bad times. Khajiit believes Jon was the one who commissioned it for her though.

I know Jon Snow commissioned Needle for Arya; just didn't remember if it was Valerian Steel or not (and by the way, I know my spelling is off on some words and names from the show, lol. Sorry about that).

Anyway, I watched it again, and Needle isn't Valerian Steel; but there are a lot more Valerian swords out there than I knew about. I knew Jaime gave his to Brienne of Tarth and kept Joffrey's = those were the two swords made from Ned's huge Valerian greatsword. And I knew the one Sam took from his home was Valerian; and the dagger that Arya has now (that the assassin tried to kill Bran with). Jon Snow got his from Mormont.

But I looked it up, and it turns out that all the great houses of the seven kingdoms each had one; so there are more floating around than we have been shown in the show. However = that doesn't tell us which one Arya is having melted down right now, lol.

Did you get to see the "Crypts of Winterfell?" You absolutely have to see it if you don't mind some foreshadowing!

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Apr 17 2019, 06:21 PM) *

I feel like the episode could have used another 10 minutes throughout to flesh out some dialogue. Certain scenes between characters seemed rushed.

Agreed 100% on that. D & D are terrible for rushing at things; and also for feeling the audience needs to be TOLD stuff instead of showing us and letting us decipher it.

(example: they had everyone around Jon Snow TELLING him that they noticed his interest in Dani without showing the audience one single scene that showed him being interested).

They are either really heavy handed or they are racing and totally skipping over places where depth is absolutely needed = like that scene you brought up. He never even tells Jon his parents were married; I guess Jon was supposed to get that from Sam saying he was never a bastard.

This post has been edited by mALX: Apr 17 2019, 11:30 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 18 2019, 03:36 AM
Post #64

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 17 2019, 05:44 PM) *

I know Jon Snow commissioned Needle for Arya; just didn't remember if it was Valerian Steel or not (and by the way, I know my spelling is off on some words and names from the show, lol. Sorry about that).

Anyway, I watched it again, and Needle isn't Valerian Steel; but there are a lot more Valerian swords out there than I knew about. I knew Jaime gave his to Brienne of Tarth and kept Joffrey's = those were the two swords made from Ned's huge Valerian greatsword. And I knew the one Sam took from his home was Valerian; and the dagger that Arya has now (that the assassin tried to kill Bran with). Jon Snow got his from Mormont.

But I looked it up, and it turns out that all the great houses of the seven kingdoms each had one; so there are more floating around than we have been shown in the show. However = that doesn't tell us which one Arya is having melted down right now, lol.

Did you get to see the "Crypts of Winterfell?" You absolutely have to see it if you don't mind some foreshadowing!

Khajiit really does believe it is that Valyrian steel dagger that they used to try and kill Bran. It would make an excellent spearhead.

This one will watch the Crypts thing later tonight!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Apr 18 2019, 03:37 AM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 18 2019, 04:11 AM
Post #65

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 17 2019, 10:36 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 17 2019, 05:44 PM) *

Khajiit really does believe it is that Valyrian steel dagger that they used to try and kill Bran. It would make an excellent spearhead.

This one will watch the Crypts thing later tonight!

I can't wait to hear your comments about that Crypts vid = I was screaming it was so huge!!!

I thought she gave Gendry a full sword; but I guess I could be wrong. I'll watch it again to see.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 18 2019, 04:26 AM
Post #66

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 17 2019, 10:11 PM) *

I can't wait to hear your comments about that Crypts vid = I was screaming it was so huge!!!

I thought she gave Gendry a full sword; but I guess I could be wrong. I'll watch it again to see.

To be honest, Khajiit is just speculating about the dagger because he saw her with it at one point. He didn’t see what she actually gave Gendry. This one needs to rewatch that episode at some point.

Also, she may have showed more emotion last season and Khajiit just forgot, but . That was a big f-in’ deal, and she’s just like “Whatev’s.”.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Apr 18 2019, 04:27 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 18 2019, 05:04 AM
Post #67

Ancient
Group Icon

@mALX: Khajiit watched the trailer set in the crypts. Were you talking about the statues at the end or something else?

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Apr 18 2019, 05:05 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 18 2019, 05:31 AM
Post #68

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 18 2019, 12:04 AM) *

@mALX: Khajiit watched the trailer set in the crypts. Were you talking about the statues at the end or something else?

YES! Did you freeze the film and see who those statues were of?

Another thing I noticed, in the opening credits those fancy carved swords with pictures on them? They are completely different this season than they have been the whole show = one of them is showing

Some are speculating that 4th is Dani; but...I am hoping there is a better and more interesting explanation, lol.

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 17 2019, 11:26 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 17 2019, 10:11 PM) *

To be honest, Khajiit is just speculating about the dagger because he saw her with it at one point. He didn’t see what she actually gave Gendry. This one needs to rewatch that episode at some point.

Also, she may have showed more emotion last season and Khajiit just forgot, but . That was a big f-in’ deal, and she’s just like “Whatev’s.”.

She still has that dagger, because she sparred with Brianne of Tarth with it last season.

Yeah, I def agree with you on Dani seeming to brush off her Dragon's death really quickly. Yes, she showed emotion at the time, but not as much as one might expect for a "mother" over her "children." And she hasn't once shown any grieving since then.

I don't think emotional scenes are D & D's forte, they seem to really fail every time the actors should be feeling something.

This post has been edited by mALX: Apr 18 2019, 05:26 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 18 2019, 12:58 PM
Post #69

Councilor
Group Icon

Here’s a little Episode 1 treat for those who hated Ed Sheeran’s cameo as a Lannister soldier:

It’s possible that Meera Reed also has…

I have the problem of forgetting what’s in the books vs what’s in the show. For example regarding the Crypts of Winterfell

I took Arya’s sketch to mean

Also wouldn’t it be cool if the dragons

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 18 2019, 05:37 PM
Post #70

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Apr 18 2019, 07:58 AM) *

Here’s a little Episode 1 treat for those who hated Ed Sheeran’s cameo as a Lannister soldier:

It’s possible that Meera Reed also has…

I have the problem of forgetting what’s in the books vs what’s in the show. For example regarding the Crypts of Winterfell

I took Arya’s sketch to mean

Also wouldn’t it be cool if the dragons

I'll have to watch the episode again to see that sword Meera had, I didn't even catch that! And by the way, when are they going to finally bring Howland Reed into this; because GRRM said Howland Reed knew too much to ever be a P.O.V. character. I know he know what happened in the Tower of Joy; and possibly he was a witness to the wedding. But the show has brought all that info out via Bran and Sam; so not sure if they ever even plan to bring Howland into it.

I was absolutely sure Arya was making that weapon to kill an undead dragon; but the ability to split it in the middle makes me wonder if I'm wrong and that she is going to use it like that stick she learned to use so well in the "house of the many faced god." Maybe it will do both?

What I was wondering about was where she got the dragon-glass and Valyrian steel sword she handed Gendry. I'll have to watch that again, but I thought she handed him a Valyrian steel sword (and I wondered whose sword she handed him because it looked just like the one Jon Snow showed her when they met under that tree).

On that fourth dragon = oh, wouldn't that be Awesome? I was just remembering that when Bran first talked to the "3-eyed raven" that the raven told him he wouldn't walk again, but that he would fly. (and Bran can warg into a wolf; maybe he can also warg into a dragon?)

But there was one huge dragon and three really small dragons; so maybe your idea is the correct one here!

I did catch that little interchange between the hookers and Bronn; but didn't realize it was Ed Sheeran they were referring to, rollinglaugh.gif Thanks for that, it really did seem like they blew a lot of the budget money for the film on that little cameo and then raced us through valid content to make up for it, lol.

Wow, I didn't remember that horn, but I think they showed it in the vid in the crypts! And why would they linger the camera over it if it didn't have significance? Good catch Grits !!!! *mALX runs back to rewatch the early episodes...*

Horn of Winter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rus_mXVLkJM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 19 2019, 12:34 AM
Post #71

Ancient
Group Icon

** Just a side note: Every time I hear about the "Mad King" Targarian = I keep thinking of "Hodor/Hold the door." Jaime said that he (the mad king) kept repeating the same thing for hours, "burn them all" = just like Hodor kept saying "Hold the door" for hours. Makes me wonder if Bran caused that by traveling back in time.

This post has been edited by mALX: Apr 19 2019, 12:35 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 19 2019, 11:06 PM
Post #72

Ancient
Group Icon

Also wonder if Sansa Stark and/or Tyrian will end up on the throne at the end, lol.

This post has been edited by mALX: Apr 19 2019, 11:06 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 19 2019, 11:15 PM
Post #73

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 19 2019, 05:06 PM) *

Also wonder if Sansa Stark and/or Tyrian will end up on the throne at the end, lol.

Tbh, Khajiit suspects that there won’t be an Iron Throne after all is said and done.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 20 2019, 05:05 AM
Post #74

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 19 2019, 06:15 PM) *

Tbh, Khajiit suspects that there won’t be an Iron Throne after all is said and done.

Maybe the Night King will be sitting on it, lol.

I picked Sansa because she has been thoroughly groomed by Littlefinger to replace Cersei = she is calculating and smarter than the average bear, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 20 2019, 12:09 PM
Post #75

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 19 2019, 11:05 PM) *

Maybe the Night King will be sitting on it, lol.

I picked Sansa because she has been thoroughly groomed by Littlefinger to replace Cersei = she is calculating and smarter than the average bear, lol.

Lol, we’ve been told that (the conversation between her and Tyrion) but then she does things like jeopardize the entire war effort against the NK because she “doesn’t like” Dany and that John gave up his crown for forge an alliance with her. That kind of petty nonsense doesn’t really seem indicative of a smart and calculating person.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Apr 20 2019, 03:38 PM
Post #76

Master
Group Icon

I don’t know. Maybe Tyrion is playing the game so well or he betrays Dany and Jon and gets executed for treason by them. So far he’s made some bad decisions that sort of helped the Lannister family. I hope I’m wrong.

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 20 2019, 03:47 PM
Post #77

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Apr 20 2019, 09:38 AM) *

I don’t know. Maybe Tyrion is playing the game so well or he betrays Dany and Jon and gets executed for treason by them. So far he’s made some bad decisions that sort of helped the Lannister family. I hope I’m wrong.

Eh, Khajiit thinks Tyrion has chosen his side and will stick with it. It would be funny if Tyrion gets eaten by Undead Viserion laugh.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 21 2019, 12:02 AM
Post #78

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Apr 20 2019, 10:38 AM) *

I think Tyrion will survive = he is like a floating turd, he keeps bobbing up to the surface no matter who tries to end him. He is kind of like a perfect "anti-hero" type that somehow works their way through hundreds of plots against him = I don't see him dying now.

Not only that, but I am still not sure Tyrion isn't a Targarian too.

(Which would fit right in with the type of Irony GRRM loves = Jaime killed Aerys Targarian, who would have been Tyrion's father if Tyrion IS a Targarian = and Tyrion killed Jaime's father Tywin Lannister = evening the score if true) That would be another subtle winning for Tyrion; and fit right in with his life in the story so far. (so I'm rooting for him being a Targarian).

This post has been edited by mALX: Apr 21 2019, 12:05 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 21 2019, 12:23 AM
Post #79

Ancient
Group Icon

Oh, I was remembering Dany's prophetic vision in that "Temple of the Undying" - the whole roof of that throne room was gone, and the throne room filled with snow and ice = but the throne was still sitting there. Dany reached out to touch it; but then at the last second turned away before her hand touched the throne and instead went to the room behind the throne = I can't remember what was in that back room, was it where she saw Khal Drogo and her baby Rhaego?

I know she never did touch that iron throne even though she was but inches from it; and it had to be after Winter came because of the snow and ice = and the throne was still intact, even though the building around it was destroyed.

The way GRRM writes, I'm pretty sure that means she will never get to take the throne, since that was a prophetic vision.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 22 2019, 04:49 PM
Post #80

Ancient
Group Icon

Saw a lot of Arya this week rolleyes.gif
Khajiit feels dirty.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

9 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:33 AM