Other [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 14
Guests cannot vote 
jack cloudy
post Mar 25 2006, 02:14 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

Alright, here it is! Welcome to the first round of this epic competition! Give a warm welcome to our beloved host, Hircine!

Here are the first competitors.
In the left corner, the noble knight. Arthago!
And in the right corner, we have the harvester of souls. Taillus!

Well, let's get started.

The two figures looked at each other in confusion. What had happened? And what where they supposed to do?

One of them was a Redguard, bearing the name Arthago. He was a knight in service of the Order of the Candle, one of the more respected orders in Sentinel. Though young and inexperienced, his talent spoke of many great deeds to come.

The other person was an Imperial, simply known as Taillus. Once a prisoner forced to work for the empire, he was recently released on the Morrowind of one of the many planes of Nirn. There he was taken in by the Daedra lord Molag bal as his harvester of souls. He was first sent to the arena in Vivec by his master to practice the art of killing. His power had since grown at an alarming rate. He stood there proudly, wearing his custom Ebony armour that although strong, left a large area of his body defenceless.

Arthago took in his surroundings while he shivered slightly from the cold. This place looked a remarkable amount like an ice….amphitheatre.

Taillus came to the same conclusion at exactly the same moment and smiled, a smile filled with madness and his eyes burned with wicked fire. Killing was something he was good at and the Redguard was about to find out.

He gasped and clutched his head as the familiar pain erupted in his head.
,,I had not anticipated this, Taillus. But it does not matter. Kill the fool standing before you and become the champion of this pathetic heap of ice. You know that none of these mortal cowards can beat you. Show them!” The voice of Molag Bal boomed in his head.

,,Alright, I’ll do it! Now get out of my head and let me do this!” Taillus yelled in frustration and sighed in relief as the pain dissipated. His hand went to his Ebony Broadsword.
,,You will die, boy. If you think you have what it takes to defeat me, then show me! I will make your warm blood thaw the ice!” He shouted at his opponent.
Arthago redirected his attention to the man in front of him. Right now, he would have to focus on survival instead of wondering where he was. He unsheathed his scimitar and waited for the first move of Taillus.

Taillus was waiting himself. This was a battle of patience.
,,What’s the matter? Did fear froze your legs? Or is it the temperature? Come here so I can kill you, boy!” Taillus yelled as he rapidly began to lose his patience.
,,Why don’t you come to me?” Arthago simply responded.

Taillus laughed. ,,Then maybe that is what I shall do. Prepare to die!” He said and walked forward.
Arthago took the time to look for a weakness in his opponent. Taillus’s armour was missing its chestpiece and left his left arm open. He also wasn’t wearing a helmet. Only a robe that was a dark blue bordering on black covered those parts of his body that weren’t beneath the heavy plates of Ebony. If he could hit the Imperial where he wasn’t wearing armour, he might win. He would have to be careful of his weapons though. The Broadsword would easily cut through his own armour and the mace he saw glowed with a wicked enchantment. And he could see the madness behind the man’s eyes. An opponent who was beyond sanity would be unpredictable and very dangerous. Arthago braced himself as Taillus sped up his approach.

The first swing of Taillus was high and aimed at the young Redguard’s head. Arthago ducked and tried to counter but found that he had to jump away to avoid the Ebony blade that arced downward towards him. He got away just in time, but the broadsword still scraped of a strip of Iron from one of his pauldrons.

Taillus continued to swing his sword at Arthago, forcing the knight to focus all of his efforts on avoiding the deadly blade. Then, he saw his chance and after spinning out of the way of another swing, he reached out with his scimitar and saw how the tip of his sword touched Taillus’s left arm. Blood began to trickle out of the small wound and through the small rip in the robe. Surprised, the Imperial backed of for a moment, giving Arthago some time to catch his breath. Time he needed.

,,You actually scratched me?” Taillus said with a surprised look on his face. That look was soon replaced by the madness that burned in his soul. ,,You are good, kid. But not good enough. I’ll have fun playing with you but in the end, you will die!”

Arthago nearly lost his balance as the scimitar flew out of his hands and landed near the edge of the arena. He knew that this was Taillus’s doing and waited for the next move.
,,Come here, Redguard!” Taillus shouted as he lunged at Arthago. He had switched from the broadsword to his mace. The evil gift of Molag Bal glowed in anticipation of blood.

Arthago waited till the last moment before rolling out of the way but still felt the mace connecting slightly. Sweat trickled from his forehead and he fought the pain caused by the evil weapon. The mace hadn’t wounded him thanks to his armour but it did sap his strength for a moment, making him feel weak. Before he knew what happened, Taillus picked him up with his free hand and hurled him across the icy arena with inhuman strength. Strength that had been given to him by the mace.

,,Are you getting tired? Can you see it, Oblivion? You will be there soon.” Taillus laughed. He enjoyed playing with the knight as a cat plays with its prey before devouring it. Arthago knew that he would not receive any mercy from this madman and crawled back to his feet. If he had to die, he would die fighting. He would not surrender and fall on his knees for anyone. And he would not be an easy opponent. He had wounded Taillus before and he would do it again. He picked up his scimitar that lied close to where he landed.
,,I believe it is you who shall see Oblivion.” He said.

Taillus came at the Redguard again. This time, Arthago was prepared. Though the mace was a deadly weapon, its range was horrible. Arthago waited till Taillus swung his mace downward before acting. Moving so fast that he was nothing more but a blur, Arthago took hold of the descending arm and used the momentum to lift himself up in the air and plant a foot in the face of his enemy.

Taillus reeled back from the impact and created some distance between the two. He wiped of the few drops of blood that came out of his mouth. ,,Impressive.” He said and gave one of his wicked smiles.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Mar 25 2006, 03:57 PM
Post #2

Mouth
Group Icon

I believe Arthago wiull win...he keeps his head cool. Taillus have lost one thing that keeps most mortals weary....the fright of death.

Taillus is as we know arrogant and overconcious...I believe that weill be his bane...Arthago, on the other hand, knows what Taillus can do, and so is carefull...well that was my wote...Minkey if you want me to write fro Serene, PM me....MR.Oven have aleredy PM'ed me about Kiln.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Mar 25 2006, 05:59 PM
Post #3

Knower
Group Icon

I like your writing style Cloudy. I'll do a shameless thing right now and vote for Arthago, just because I made him and all. In reality I think Taillus would win whitout problems. And the lack of posts on my part lately has been caused by a little thing called Oblivion.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
minque
post Mar 25 2006, 06:08 PM
Post #4

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Hmm......I really did vote for Taillus......I think he´s a shrewd one...... tongue.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 25 2006, 07:00 PM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

Griff, you can't do that! tongue.gif
Only people who don't own one of the characters and are not involved with the writing may vote.
Now I'll have to substract (is this the right word?) one point from Arthago. Or Taillus will have to vote for Taillus. smile.gif

Now personally, I believe that Arthago will win, but it is close. Speed defeats Taillus's superior strength. Of course, one good hit and Arthago is down.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Mar 25 2006, 07:57 PM
Post #6

Knower
Group Icon

Oh, ok. I didn't know sorry. When Taillus is online he can vote for his own character to even the score. Sorry, but it wasn't like you said "Griff don't vote for yourself!". I'll be more careful if Arthago gets over Taillus. Highly unprobable though.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 25 2006, 08:47 PM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

Don't worry, I don't mind that you voted. smile.gif It was said in the original thread where we all posted our characters. Taillus is hereby officially allowed to vote for himself.

Again, don't feel bad about it. We all make mistakes.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Mar 25 2006, 11:03 PM
Post #8

Forum Bard
Group Icon

My vote goes for Taillus, while Arthango might be faster and more cool headed, Taillus has him in experience and strength. Experience is an extremely important part of combat.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Mar 26 2006, 02:31 AM
Post #9

Knower
Group Icon

Well I don't feel really well about voting for myself but fair is fair. I do think Arthago is skilled in so many ways but I do have alot of faith in the power of my character. I know I am biased so I will leave it at that....
good luck to all and keep having loads of fun. I have started writing the battle of Kell and Sirin and I am having a blast using new characters for a change.

--------------------
“Worry not, young Breton. This will be over very quickly but I wish I could say that it would be painless. You will suffer greatly before you join the countless other souls that fuel my power.” - Taillus
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Mar 26 2006, 07:26 AM
Post #10

Knower
Group Icon

Experience is Arthago's problem. It's not like killing is his duty as in Taillus's case. If Taillus really has no fear of dying then I can foresee a winner. I'm gonna say it from now, good luck in the next battle Taillus, I know I won't get that far. If I did it would be a positive miracle.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Mar 26 2006, 08:54 AM
Post #11

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Remember one thing Griff, the votes are by which character we think would win in a fight, nothing personal mate. smile.gif

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Mar 26 2006, 04:58 PM
Post #12

Knower
Group Icon

...and I do appologise if you think things didn't quite work out fairly in the selection process on who fights who but remember we decided that we would choose based on when everyone entered their characters.

PS: It looks like a close battle thus far so I wouldn't give up just yet friend! biggrin.gif

--------------------
“Worry not, young Breton. This will be over very quickly but I wish I could say that it would be painless. You will suffer greatly before you join the countless other souls that fuel my power.” - Taillus
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Mar 26 2006, 05:18 PM
Post #13

Knower
Group Icon

Well, to be honest when I first saw that I was matched with Taillus I thought to myself: "Wow, this guy really wants my character dead!". I thought that since you made the whole thread, you made the fixtures too. We should have had a draw, as in someone puts the names of competitors on a small paper note and draws them out randomly. But that would be hard to do on the Internet. The battle is close at the moment so who knows who will win?

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Mar 26 2006, 06:16 PM
Post #14

Forum Bard
Group Icon

I think that the selection was done by what order you joined in but hey, you're not doing so bad...at the moment you're actually winning.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Mar 26 2006, 07:06 PM
Post #15

Mouth
Group Icon

i msut agree with Mr.Oven here...there is no way telling who wins....I still think that when you lose your fear of death, you become recless, and that can often be a HUGE disadvantage...especially against someone like Arthagos caliber.,..the man's a walking genious...he can think.

And also with Taillus attitude, that can also be a disadvantage....honestly, I think Arthago have all there is to win.

PS:Taillus, how long are we going to wait for the result, before the winner is decided, and ending of the duel will be published???

--------------------
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Mar 26 2006, 07:12 PM
Post #16

Knower
Group Icon

That is a very good question. I am not sure how long we should wait to decide a winner. We don't have very many votes so maybe a few more days? Tuesday or wednesday?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Mar 26 2006, 07:19 PM
Post #17

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Perhaps wednesday is a bit too long...my thoughts were tomorrow or tuesday but hey, its whatever everyone else thinks.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Mar 26 2006, 07:24 PM
Post #18

Mouth
Group Icon

I was thinking we could hold the tread up for five days...at the maximum....as we want to see the results...and I also thinks that ost of the people who have listed their chars, have aleredy voted...but hey,just my opinion.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Mar 26 2006, 07:42 PM
Post #19

Knower
Group Icon

We have 9 votes already. How many writers are there? Not many I can assure you. 5 of the 9 voters have already posted here from what I see. I think we should leave the thread up untill Tuesday at the most. And thanks for having so much confidence in my humble knight Tellie.

And btw, on an off topic note, did you know there was a saying in Romanian "to be dumb as the night." note the relationship between knight and night. Quite ironic eh?

This post has been edited by Agent Griff: Mar 26 2006, 07:44 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 26 2006, 08:16 PM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

I think I'll let it stick for two more days (monday, tuesday.) After that, I'll have to start writing on it. Things look very close at the moment.

Two voted for mutual anihilation. That surprises me. I actually put that one in as a joke. laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:27 PM