Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dual Wielding Daggers?, Anyone ever tried it?
SubRosa
post Jul 4 2012, 04:39 AM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

Has anyone ever tried a 2-dagger character? I started doing a little experimenting tonight with Eris an Imperial who dual wields daggers. I seem to recall that not all the One-handed perks/effects work with daggers though. So I am wondering if it is worthwhile to try this kind of character?

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jul 4 2012, 04:48 AM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

I'm not sure, a little digging in uesp said nothing about daggers and perks. One thing I noticed with Aravi was a dual power attack was strangely slow with dual daggers.

EDIT: The other wiki says daggers don't benefit from Bladesman. I guess that makes sense since they benefit from perks in the sneak tree. Also, it says that daggers do not benefit from fortify one handed enchantments.

This post has been edited by King Coin: Jul 4 2012, 04:55 AM

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 4 2012, 11:20 AM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

Allek dual-wields Mehrunes’ Razor and Valdr’s Lucky Dagger, but he also used a follower, his summoned bow, poisons, illusion spells, and some sword work along the way. Mostly because that’s how his character developed. The sword was an especially short one that he tried out for a while after he earned it. He went back to two daggers. He has the stealth perks. From a roleplaying perspective it can be very worthwhile.

One thing I found was with only two hotkeys I couldn’t equip two identical daggers without going into the menu. Maybe if one was enchanted it would have worked, but enchanting was not part of his character. Also there might be a trick I don’t know or a way to do it on the PC, but that was annoying.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 4 2012, 05:17 PM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Jul 3 2012, 11:48 PM) *

I'm not sure, a little digging in uesp said nothing about daggers and perks. One thing I noticed with Aravi was a dual power attack was strangely slow with dual daggers.

EDIT: The other wiki says daggers don't benefit from Bladesman. I guess that makes sense since they benefit from perks in the sneak tree. Also, it says that daggers do not benefit from fortify one handed enchantments.

That is what I dug up, Bladesman is only for swords, so there is no One-handed "extra" for daggers. But Armsman still works. I have not been clear whether it is the Fortify One-Handed alchemical effect that does not work, or the enchantment on items, or both. I am guessing both.

QUOTE(Grits @ Jul 4 2012, 06:20 AM) *

Allek dual-wields Mehrunes’ Razor and Valdr’s Lucky Dagger, but he also used a follower, his summoned bow, poisons, illusion spells, and some sword work along the way. Mostly because that’s how his character developed. The sword was an especially short one that he tried out for a while after he earned it. He went back to two daggers. He has the stealth perks. From a roleplaying perspective it can be very worthwhile.

One thing I found was with only two hotkeys I couldn’t equip two identical daggers without going into the menu. Maybe if one was enchanted it would have worked, but enchanting was not part of his character. Also there might be a trick I don’t know or a way to do it on the PC, but that was annoying.

The hotkeying is similar on the PC. The problem here is that every melee weapon you hotkey always appears in the same hand. So if you hotkey two different melee weapons, you press one key and it shows up in your hand. Then you press the other key and it replaces the first in the same hand. So you can only hotkey one, and then have to pick the other out of the favorites list. I found that out with Tanit.

I think that just like you said, from the roleplaying perspective it should be very worthwhile. I have had an idea bubbling in my head the last few days, and it wants to burst. So I think I am going to try it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Jul 9 2012, 07:37 PM
Post #5

Mouth
Group Icon

My spellsword dark elf initially tried to get dual weapons going, but I had trouble figuring out how to equip them early on during his game, so I just kinda gave up on the idea! Doh. That's operator error, though. But as it turns out, he is better at using just one weapon, and using his left hand for spells. I will (in the future) experiment with dual weapons with him or some other character.

You should ask Lady Mara this question, SubRosa. I know she stated awhile back she made a pure mage who specifically dual-wields daggars.

And sorry if this is annoying, but I just wanna say that with Kinect voice-activation, the 2-choice hotkey woes are banished for me personally. My spellsword has over a dozen spells + weapon + a staff + a variety of potions at his disposal, with extra choices to spare. I rarely menu-dive like I used to on the PS3, and when I do, it's mostly because I need to find an excuse to stall the action!

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Jul 9 2012, 07:40 PM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 9 2012, 09:27 PM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

Actually it is working out rather well. You can read (and see) all about it Starting Here

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 03:41 PM