Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Skyrim Glitches, Of you've got one share it. If you have a solution to one, share i
King Of Beasts
post Dec 31 2012, 07:38 PM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

Here you can post any glitches you've encountered in skyrim, and share them. If you've got a solution to a bug please share it.

If Alduin won't land at Helen during the unbound quest and you play on the Xbox 360, just restart the console and it should work normally.

This post has been edited by King Of Beasts: Dec 31 2012, 08:15 PM

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Dec 31 2012, 08:02 PM
Post #2

Mouth
Group Icon

I think I actually have had this happen, probably on PS3. I forget what I did (if anything) to correct the problem.

I am also on Xbox nowadays, too, and my games are near-flawless, but I will add to this thread if I ever do find an issue.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Dec 31 2012, 09:12 PM
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Dec 31 2012, 08:16 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

Whoops. Haha, didn't notice I wrote can't instead of can laugh.gif I fixed it, thanks for pointing that out Lady Saga smile.gif

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Dec 31 2012, 09:20 PM
Post #4

Mouth
Group Icon

Not a problem. I am going to report a glitch now. It's a very well-known glitch, and the solution is also well known. But I'm gonna post it anyhow, just in case some random new player out there reads this thread.

If you install your game (or one of the updates) on PS3, and the game freezes after you try to go under water, here is the solution: go into your Game Data Utility folder. Now un-install the game and any update info. Re-install these from disc and from the internet respectively. Now your game should be fine, and you'll be able to go underwater without the game freezing.

Now that's the Game Data Utility, not the Saved Data Utility. There's a difference. You don't wanna delete anything in the Saved Data folder, this is where are your character's info and progress are saved.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Dec 31 2012, 09:21 PM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 31 2012, 09:22 PM
Post #5

Ancient
Group Icon

I know a bunch of PC fixes and tweaks:

If you are having a CTD when starting the game with SKSE, and it is not because of a wrong version, you might fix it with the following:
Open Explorer. Go to Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\Skyrim.
Open the plugins.txt file and delete the contents (do not delete the file though!).
Skyrim will start now.

If you want to tweak archery to remove how the game tries to automatically correct arrow shots (and makes them miss) or arrows fly farther, do the following:
CODE
1) Find Skyrim.ini (not SkyrimPrefs.ini), which is located in 'My Documents/My Games/Skyrim' after running Skyrim once.

2) Backup Skyrim.ini before editing (take a copy of it).

3) Add to Skyrim.ini (or edit the lines are already there)
[Combat]
fMagnetismStrafeHeadingMult=0.0
fMagnetismLookingMult=0.0
f1PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7
f3PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7

4) And if you want the arrows to fly really far (not in use on the video), add this to Skyrim.ini as well
[Actor]
fVisibleNavmeshMoveDist=12288.0000

If you want to disable random dragon spawns in the game:
CODE
Open the console and type in:  "set MQ106TurnOffRandomDragons to 1"

If you want to instantly switch from 1st to 3rd Person view, do the following:
CODE
Explore to: My Documents\My Games\Skyrim and open Skyrim.ini with a text editor (NOT, I repeat NOT SkyrimPrefs.ini). Add the following to Skyrim.ini under section [Camera]. This will do several things:

1. Mounting/Dismounting a horse, the camera will instantly switch your Point of View instead of a slow zooming effect.

2. Switching from 1st to 3rd person camera modes is instant.

3. Switching from 3rd person, zoomed-out mode to 1st person is instant.

If your Skyrim.ini already contains a [Camera] section, then copy/paste the 3 lines under it. If it doesn't have a [Camera] section, then copy/paste everything below into it.

[Camera]
fMouseWheelZoomSpeed=60.0000
f1st3rdSwitchDelay=0.9500
iHorseTransitionMillis=001

If you want to get rid of all those pop-ups the first time a new character uses things like a grindstone or anvil, add the following to the Skyrim.ini
bShowTutorials=0

If you want to make the view clear underwater, make a modification to the file SkyrimPrefs.ini
CODE
[Imagespace]
bDoDepthOfField = 0

If you get CTDs when trying to view the map indoors, it may be because you removed the on screen blood splatter by doing this:
CODE
[ScreenSplatter]
bBloodSplatterEnabled=1
Change it back to 0, and it will fix the CTDs. Use a mod to remove the screen blood instead.

If you did the Gildergleam quest and went the new sapling route it will either not appear at all, or it will appear inside the old tree. Fix it with the following:
Open the console,
click on the trunk of the old tree and type MarkForDelete.
Save, then reload, and the old tree should be removed.
If your new sapling is not present after the old tree is removed, open your console and type prid 46284, press enter, then type enable.

If the sound in the game is really low, and you have Realtek audio, do the following:
Go to Control Panel -> Realtek HD Audio Manager.
On Speaker Configuration tab set speakers to 5.1. then disable the top 3 checkboxes (center, subwoofer, side).

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Dec 31 2012, 09:23 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 1 2013, 08:08 AM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

Can skyrim run on a Mac?

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jan 1 2013, 03:43 PM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Jan 1 2013, 01:08 AM) *

Can skyrim run on a Mac?

C'mon man, look it up!

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Jan 1 2013, 06:49 PM
Post #8

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Jan 1 2013, 02:08 AM) *

Can skyrim run on a Mac?

I have read that it's possible. You have to have some conversion program or something. I couldn't tell you how it's done, though, nor provide any links. It's stuff that I read over at Bethsoft, have no idea when or where.
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 1 2013, 08:18 PM
Post #9

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Jan 1 2013, 09:49 AM) *

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Jan 1 2013, 02:08 AM) *

Can skyrim run on a Mac?

I have read that it's possible. You have to have some conversion program or something. I couldn't tell you how it's done, though, nor provide any links. It's stuff that I read over at Bethsoft, have no idea when or where.

There's this software called playonmac that let's you play your windows games in a Mac but, I still don't trust it even thought the online reviews say its safe.

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Jan 1 2013, 08:28 PM
Post #10

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Jan 1 2013, 02:18 PM) *

There's this software called playonmac that let's you play your windows games in a Mac but, I still don't trust it even thought the online reviews say its safe.

Why not? if I may ask.
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 1 2013, 08:32 PM
Post #11

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Jan 1 2013, 11:28 AM) *

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Jan 1 2013, 02:18 PM) *

Why not? if I may ask.

I've barely had my Mac for a week, I need to be 100% sure it's safe. I did try to download it once but it refused to download. I'd love to play my PC games on the Mac but until I'm 100% sure that playonmac is safe, I won't try to download it.

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 1 2013, 10:54 PM
Post #12

Ancient
Group Icon

I would just go with Bootcamp. hauteecolerider never had any trouble with it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 2 2013, 02:49 AM
Post #13

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 1 2013, 01:54 PM) *

I would just go with Bootcamp. hauteecolerider never had any trouble with it.

I'll think about it. I want my Mac in good condition at least for a year or two before I start downloading anything.

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jan 9 2013, 11:12 AM
Post #14

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Had an issue with Miridia's quest. I got attacked by a dragon at the same time that I initiated the quest (another reason that dragons suck) and I was taken into the sky as normal for my talk with the Daedric god.

Only this time I got to the point where Meridia talks to the player about the quest and the dragon came into the picture and started attacking the orb of light that is Miridia.

So it broke the quest, both of them continued fighting an eternal battle with nobody winning because Miridia can't be injured and unfortunately does no damage so when the orb of light attacked the dragon the battle raged on without end.

I had to reload a save from probably 30 minutes prior to that time.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Jan 11 2013, 04:36 PM
Post #15

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ Jan 9 2013, 05:12 AM) *

Only this time I got to the point where Meridia talks to the player about the quest and the dragon came into the picture and started attacking the orb of light that is Miridia.

Holy compassion!
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 12 2013, 06:11 AM
Post #16

Ancient
Group Icon

It really Irks me that I know how to fix the bug, but I can't remember how.

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Jan 27 2013, 04:24 PM
Post #17

Mouth
Group Icon

Okay I got one! It's a harmless one, though.

If you save your game while casting clairvoyance, and then reload that particular save, the blue smoke effect thingy will be floating in the air, even if you're not still casting the spell. The spell will just stay hanging in the air for all eternity (AFAIK). Shows up on both PS3 and Xbox.

there's no cure, but like I said it's harmless anyways. I had anther glitch to report, but I'm forgetting it now.

+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Jan 29 2013, 05:59 PM
Post #18

Mouth
Group Icon

I got one, maybe somebody knows if there's a way to solve it.

In LHM's world the vampires managed to kill all the stablehands at Whiterun. Nobody runs the stables there anymore, and that's not the glitch. The glitch is: he bought a horse in Whiterun before DG kicked in. The horse is still fine; problem is whenever he gets on the horse and rides it somewhere, it'll immediately start walking back to Whiterun if he dismounts. This hasn't happened with any of my other chars.

He tried buying a horse in Riften. Same thing. He hasn't tried getting his steward (Marcurio) to buy one yet. Maybe that's what we'll try next. ... Hey, it's only virtual coin! ...

This isn't game-breaking for me, but it is kinda annoying. I can get his horse to "show up" if I do a mock fast-travel, but half the time it'll start walking away as soon as it shows up!

+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jan 29 2013, 06:53 PM
Post #19

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ Jan 9 2013, 04:12 AM) *

Had an issue with Miridia's quest. I got attacked by a dragon at the same time that I initiated the quest (another reason that dragons suck) and I was taken into the sky as normal for my talk with the Daedric god.

So it broke the quest, both of them continued fighting an eternal battle with nobody winning because Miridia can't be injured and unfortunately does no damage so when the orb of light attacked the dragon the battle raged on without end.

...what?!?!?!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Feb 9 2013, 11:26 PM
Post #20

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Jan 29 2013, 05:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Kiln @ Jan 9 2013, 04:12 AM) *

...what?!?!?!

Basically it went like this:

1. Quest activated right when dragon attacked.

2. Dragon glitches through the invisible ground you're standing on during the dialogue with Miridia and attacks her.

3. Dialogue is interrupted.

4. Miridia cannot be damaged nor do damage. Dragon and Miridia are stuck and so are you.

5. Battle rages on forever. Reload.

This post has been edited by Kiln: Feb 9 2013, 11:27 PM

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:40 PM