Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stormcloak Or Imperial, Which side are you on?
Stormcloak, Imperial, or Thalmor?
Which did you choose?
Stormcloak [ 7 ] ** [33.33%]
Imperial [ 8 ] ** [38.10%]
Thalmor [ 1 ] ** [4.76%]
Independent [ 2 ] ** [9.52%]
Other [ 3 ] ** [14.29%]
Total Votes: 21
Guests cannot vote 
Illydoor
post Jan 15 2013, 02:17 AM
Post #41

Finder
Group Icon

No that's what I'm getting at. He didn't sign the treaty out of cowardice. He did out of necessity!

--------------------
Have you ever thought about taking the dark and thorny path?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 15 2013, 02:22 AM
Post #42

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Illydoor @ Jan 14 2013, 05:17 PM) *

No that's what I'm getting at. He didn't sign the treaty out of cowardice. He did out of necessity!

I respect your opinion and I can understand that the Imperial Army was definitely weakening every day and that the Thalmor creamed them but come on.....

The emperor should at least tried to fight back himself instead of signing the white-gold concordat, even if it was necessary. Your debating with a die-hard stormcloak pretty much so I still consider Titus a coward. He may not be one completely, but he's still a coward. At least in my opinion.

Where was gold brand when he needed it tongue.gif

Honestly, I enjoy a good debate as long as it doesn't get out of hand and we aren't fighting each other with our teeth bared and weapons drawn.

This post has been edited by King Of Beasts: Jan 15 2013, 02:28 AM

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Illydoor
post Jan 15 2013, 02:30 AM
Post #43

Finder
Group Icon

Hahaha die-hard Imperial here. We're practically Hadvar and Ralof.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 15 2013, 02:32 AM
Post #44

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Illydoor @ Jan 14 2013, 05:30 PM) *

Hahaha die-hard Imperial here. We're practically Hadvar and Ralof.

rollinglaugh.gif you couldn't possibly be anymore right about that.

Still, I respect your opinion and the fact you are an die-hard imperial. If you want the truth, I don't like Ulfric too much. He's an racist [censored].

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Illydoor
post Jan 15 2013, 02:50 AM
Post #45

Finder
Group Icon

As do I, friend Ralof!

Don't get me wrong I hate the Thalmor, but the last thing the Empire needs right now is division. It's what the damn elves want!

The Stormcloaks intentions are true and honest, if a little prejudiced. Their timing and choice of enemy however is not so admirable.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 15 2013, 02:53 AM
Post #46

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Illydoor @ Jan 14 2013, 05:50 PM) *

As do I, friend Ralof!

Don't get me wrong I hate the Thalmor, but the last thing the Empire needs right now is division. It's what the damn elves want!

The Stormcloaks intentions are true and honest, if a little prejudiced. Their timing and choice of enemy however is not so admirable.

FINALLY! Someone who sees the Thalmor as I do! (no disrespect to any Thalmor fans out there....) but it is true that the Thalmor want us to destroy each other. Who could possibly benefit more from a civil war that the Thalmor?

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Jan 15 2013, 03:04 AM
Post #47

Mouth
Group Icon

As do I, friend Ralof!

From the Desk of Anduial, Arch-Mage of the College of Winterhold, and Thalmor Emissary to Skyrim:

Understand that what you are about to see places both of our lives in the most extreme peril! I cannot stress enough the importance of you burning this missive once you have reviewed it's contents. And I don't have to tell you that this discussion should not be repeated.

Anywhere.

Top Secret *SPOILER ALERT* - Do not click if you hate having inside information.

Do you see? It matters not whose side you take in the Civil War. Either way victory will belong to the Thalmor.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 15 2013, 03:15 AM
Post #48

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Destri Melarg @ Jan 14 2013, 06:04 PM) *

As do I, friend Ralof!

From the Desk of Anduial, Arch-Mage of the College of Winterhold, and Thalmor Emissary to Skyrim:

Understand that what you are about to see places both of our lives in the most extreme peril! I cannot stress enough the importance of you burning this missive once you have reviewed it's contents. And I don't have to tell you that this discussion should not be repeated.

Anywhere.

Top Secret *SPOILER ALERT* - Do not click if you hate having inside information.

Do you see? It matters not whose side you take in the Civil War. Either way victory will belong to the Thalmor.

I go to that site all the time tongue.gif I'm a filthy cheater, lol.

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Illydoor
post Jan 15 2013, 03:24 AM
Post #49

Finder
Group Icon

Hahah I've seen that too!

Thalmor agents are everywhere Destri. Better cover that up lest we all get the attention of Justiciars.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 15 2013, 03:25 AM
Post #50

Ancient
Group Icon

-Hides amulet of Talos in shirty and whistles- There's nothing going on here, just move along.....

This post has been edited by King Of Beasts: Jan 15 2013, 03:26 AM

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Illydoor
post Jan 15 2013, 03:42 AM
Post #51

Finder
Group Icon

Never understood how Heimskr used to get away with it.

Do the elves take your homes? Your businesses? Your children? YOUR VERY LIIIIIVVEEESSS

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jan 15 2013, 04:42 AM
Post #52

Ancient
Group Icon

-grabs popcorn-

--------------------
+Quote Post
Captain Hammer
post Jan 15 2013, 04:47 AM
Post #53

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Jan 14 2013, 09:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Destri Melarg @ Jan 14 2013, 06:04 PM) *

As do I, friend Ralof!

Anywhere.

I go to that site all the time tongue.gif I'm a filthy cheater, lol.

The other problem: both sides have allied with some pretty screwed up candidates for Jarl.

I hate both Laila Law-Giver and Maven Black-Briar. The same can be said for Igmund of Markarth and Thongvor Silver-Blood.

And given Ulfric's torture at the hands of the Thalmor during the Great War, is it any wonder he has become so determined to have Skyrim secede?

I would like it if I could rearrange the entire set of Jarls. Korir is an alright guy, if he was in any city other than Winterhold and wasn't dealing with his own prejudices from the collapse. Vignar Gray-Mane is a retired Companion and would be good any place he doesn't have a chance to deal with his former best friend and now worst enemy.

We can send Korir to Riften, let him actually handle the excessive corruption and make the city at least moderately viable as a place to live and do business. Send Vignar Grey-Mane to Markarth, let the old soldier and capable administrator find a more sustainable and legitimate method of ending the Forsworn Rebellion. With that, two cities with incapable leaders are given jarls that are reasonably competent and significantly more ethical than the local alternative.

I'd let Dengeir of Stuhn resume his position as Jarl of Falkreath, and replace Skald with Brina Merilis in Dawnstar.

Brunwulf Free-Winter is definitely a better candidate for Jarl of Windhelm than Ulfric, but Idgrod Raven-Crone would remain Jarl of Morthal, with Kraldar becoming Jarl of Winterhold. Balgruuf, of course, remains Jarl of Whiterun, and for his services to Skyrim and support of the Dragonborn, gains the Dovahkiin's backing for High King of Skyrim. Elisif has to stay in power in Solitude, but given the amount of influence some of her court has, making Sorli the Builder her Steward would be an effective tempering of Elisif's impulsiveness and a balancing factor for Stormcloak and Imperial supporter alike.

As for Balgruuf, well, by this time the Dovahkiin should be able to privately remind six of the Jarls (Brina in Dawnstar, Dengeir in Falkreath, Vignar moving to Markarth, Korir moving to Riften, Brunwulf in Windhelm, and Kraldar in Winterhold) that they are Jarl because the Dovahkiin made them Jarl. What a Dragonborn makes, a Dragonborn can Un-Make. Idgrod seems to see something worth considering in the Dovahkiin, her judgement and relationship to the Dovahkiin should be enough to convince her. Elisif can then be marginalized into seeing the writing on the wall.

Provided the Dovahkiin doesn't just hand over the Jagged Crown, but does something smart, say, stashing it at High Hrothgar until the Moot is called. Then simply walking out with it and placing it on Balgruuf's head in front of the other Jarls, with a "Come At Me!" gesture if anybody is dumb enough to object. Balgruuf is enough of a loyalist to reputably claim loyalty to the Empire, so if Tullius complains, there would be far less guilt involved in simply killing the general.

Which leaves us with Ulfric. For him, a Trial of Thu'um before the Greybeards, for using their teachings in a manner inconsistent with their philosophy. He doesn't deserve death, per se, but should be exiled. For, say, five to ten years.

In Atmora.

With all the other die-hard Stormcloaks,

And the Talos-worshippers that need to be hidden from the Thalmor.

Maybe sort through them, separating the ones willing to learn discretion and loyalty for service to a suitably reformed group of agents. Those that insist on a more open opposition to the Thalmor could be sent to join their brethren on a boat trip.

North. To Atmora.

Where I should be able to hide about 50,000 of them.

Maybe let them learn the Thu'um for the purpose of war.

Say, from 30 or so Dovah that have been dominated but not killed by a Dovahkiin that has the greatest Voice on Mundus right now.

Let them practice Ice Form. On floating wooden structures. See what they can do with it. Who knows?

They just might be able to make something. Or ten.

I just might be able to get what I want.

A curb-stomping Dragonborn's Legion and Navy with attached Air Cavalry to give me heavy campaigning with rapid deployment abilities and deep-striking capabilities to project power in a method not seen since Tiber Septim trudged the Numidium across the sea floor to sack Alinor.

It will be written on the Elder Scrolls in fire and blood. It will be biblical.

--------------------
My fists are not the Hammer!
100% Tamriel Department of Awesomeness (TDA) Certified Grade-A Dragonborn. Do not use before 11/11/11. Product of Tamriel.

Awtwyr Draghoyn: The FanFic; The FanArt.
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 15 2013, 04:53 AM
Post #54

Ancient
Group Icon

I hate both Laila Law-Giver and Maven Black-Briar. The same can be said for Igmund of Markarth and Thongvor Silver-Blood.

Laila is fine but I hate maven.

Never understood how Heimskr used to get away with it.

Do the elves take your homes? Your businesses? Your children? YOUR VERY LIIIIIVVEEESSS

He reminds me of the prophet from Knights of the nine laugh.gif

I'm quite surprised he hasn't been dragged away though. Occasionally I sit down and listen to him rant.

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Captain Hammer
post Jan 15 2013, 05:05 AM
Post #55

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Jan 14 2013, 10:53 PM) *

Laila is an incompetent moron who cannot properly run her city. For that, she would merely earn my dislike.

But instead, she calls herself "Law-Giver," and her city, Riften, is the greatest den of vice and vagrancy in all of Skyrim. The guards tried to charge me money just to get in. The sheer amount of corruption makes her very moniker a complete backfire that I lose all respect for her.

And the one redeeming quality she could express? Being a part of the system and simply using the title ironically or as part of a propaganda routine? Nope! She honestly believes the cacat that she's peddling. But now matter how much you polish a turd, it's still a turd.

Bring on Korir.

This post has been edited by Captain Hammer: Jan 15 2013, 05:05 AM

--------------------
My fists are not the Hammer!
100% Tamriel Department of Awesomeness (TDA) Certified Grade-A Dragonborn. Do not use before 11/11/11. Product of Tamriel.

Awtwyr Draghoyn: The FanFic; The FanArt.
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jan 15 2013, 05:07 AM
Post #56

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Jan 14 2013, 09:53 PM) *

If you hang around Riften for a while it becomes clear that Maven's running the show anyways.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 15 2013, 05:08 AM
Post #57

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Captain Hammer @ Jan 14 2013, 08:05 PM) *

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Jan 14 2013, 10:53 PM) *

Laila is an incompetent moron who cannot properly run her city. For that, she would merely earn my dislike.

But instead, she calls herself "Law-Giver," and her city, Riften, is the greatest den of vice and vagrancy in all of Skyrim. The guards tried to charge me money just to get in. The sheer amount of corruption makes her very moniker a complete backfire that I lose all respect for her.

And the one redeeming quality she could express? Being a part of the system and simply using the title ironically or as part of a propaganda routine? Nope! She honestly believes the cacat that she's peddling. But now matter how much you polish a turd, it's still a turd.

Bring on Korir.

She's definitely a horrible jarl, but she's not as snobby as maven at least...

This post has been edited by King Of Beasts: Jan 15 2013, 05:08 AM

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jan 15 2013, 08:46 AM
Post #58

Ancient
Group Icon

I feel as if Laila just NEVER goes outside. If she ever did, she'd see everyone getting held up by (crappy at their jobs) thieves. Then a candle might appear above her head and she'd go "Oh, maybe I AM clueless. Time to turn this around!"

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Jan 15 2013, 02:07 PM
Post #59

Councilor
Group Icon

I voted Independent...

Simply because I think all the options presented for in-game ruling need to be kicked in the head...
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jan 15 2013, 03:19 PM
Post #60

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Jan 15 2013, 01:07 PM) *
I voted Independent...

Simply because I think all the options presented for in-game ruling need to be kicked in the head...

Surely by taking no side all your doing is choosing the violent status quo of a brutal civil war that will drain Skyrim and its people of its resources and, unless the situation is resolved soon, result in the usual famines that follow a civil war and probably end with the Thalmor winning? So, by voting for no side, aren't you just voting for the Thalmor?
+Quote Post

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:31 AM