Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Unofficial Quests, made-up quests that enhance our gaming
Lady Saga
post Jan 27 2013, 04:42 PM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

I'm gonna share one that probably a lot of you already know, but it's something I just realized during the massive gaming marathon I'm on.

Supply the locals with better weapons & armor

I always wondered how people 'spam' smithing and get really good at it. I've tried with Gunter, Son of Talos and Lord Haaf-Mersey. The problem always comes down to costs. Smithing supplies can easily destroy the budget if one wants to get good at it, and it takes forever to get from Steel to Dwarven. After months, LHM still hasn't been able to move on to Orcish. indifferent.gif I am getting impatient. I wanna see him in the best there is to have, and so does he.

My crusader did the Grimsever quest tonight which is in Mzinchleft (however you spell it). Dwarven ruins, basically. And I realized there's TONS of material in here to use for smithing, and it's completely free to loot. I suppose in the case of iron and other metals, we can just mine the heck out of some ore shafts, but I haven't had a character who's a miner, yet.

Some of you are probably like "duh!" but I take my games at a slow pace. I'm gonna be with Skyrim for years I am sure. Why rush it?

So my crusader's first unofficial quest: supply the local village/town with superior armors and weapons. As he takes dozens of cogs, levers, and other dwarven materials to melt, he's going to bring it all back to Falkreath on his poor horse, melt it down, and then sell some of it to the town, and donate the rest (he'll just leave some dwarven things in the Jarl's court or guard barracks, perhaps.

smile.gif Anybody else got some unofficial quests they'd like to share?

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Jan 27 2013, 04:45 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jan 27 2013, 05:28 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

My own one is one I haven't done yet, but I plan to do once I've got a character who's good at stealth and thievery. It is this:

Bring the Stormcloaks and the Legion together through the most complex and high-risk prank ever

It breaks down into this:

Step 1: Go to Solitude.
Step 2: Steal everything in Solitude. And by everything, I mean everything. Pick every pocket, break into every house, grab absolutely anything you see that isn't nailed down. Nothing is spared.
Step 3: Go to Winterhold.
Step 4: Drop all of your loot right in the courtyard of Ulfric's palace. It doesn't matter if there's so much clutter you can't actually walk through it, drop it all!
Step 5: Repeat Step 2, just with Winterhold instead of Solitude.
Step 6: Repeat Step 3 and 4, just with Solitude instead of Winterhold.
Step 7: ???
Step 8: Profit!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 27 2013, 06:19 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

Le Chevalier D'Eon is a spy sent from Wayrest. Among other things her mission is to procure dwarven artifacts and arms to send back home. She also supplements that with magic items that she comes across. I facilitated this by placing said loot into respawning containers in all the major cities. I RP'ed that those were dead drops, and that other spies would be along to take all the stuff back to High Rock.

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Jan 27 2013, 10:42 AM) *

My crusader did the Grimsever quest tonight which is in Mzinchleft (however you spell it). Dwarven ruins, basically. And I realized there's TONS of material in here to use for smithing, and it's completely free to loot. I suppose in the case of iron and other metals, we can just mine the heck out of some ore shafts, but I haven't had a character who's a miner, yet.

You got it. Carry a pickaxe with you everywhere, and mine every ore deposit you find. Not just in the mines, but the ones scattered out across the landscape. Gold and silver are your best cash cow, and the random gems you can get while mining. Turning those into jewelry not only makes you some decent septims, but also gives you the biggest bang for the buck with skill raises at low level.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jan 27 2013, 06:43 PM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

Kayla wants to kill every chicken in Skyrim.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 27 2013, 06:52 PM
Post #5

Ancient
Group Icon

If your a werewolf, see how many vampires you can decapitate before the next DLC comes out.

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Jan 27 2013, 07:48 PM
Post #6

Councilor
Group Icon

How bizzare...KOB's avatar changes in time to this song I'm on...It's hypnotic...Wow...

*Cough*...

There's always the "Find and Explore Everywhere" quest that J'Zirlo is currently engaged whilst in a holding pattern waiting for Dragonborn...

Also there's the "Find and Explode Every Thalmor" one that is running concurrently as well... tongue.gif biggrin.gif ...
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 27 2013, 08:40 PM
Post #7

Councilor
Group Icon

My character Shuvesse was a skooma addict, so she had an ongoing quest to manage her addiction in addition to whatever else she was doing. Here are the details, reposted from a long time ago:

Im on a console, so instead using of a mod Im going to manage Shuvesses habit on paper. She needs one vial of skooma per day while shes addicted. If she runs out, shell have to put 300 gold per day into a respawning container in a hold capital to simulate buying from another addict. She is an alchemist, so she can cook her own from nightshade and moon sugar. Im thinking one each per day eaten together to substitute for a vial. Last thing, she can get clean at a temple for 5,000 Septims. The catch is that the next time she meets someone with skooma for sale (or finds some), shes hooked again. I want to make her addiction a major motivator without making all other goals completely unreachable.

Her skooma habit means that before she undertakes a mission like the pilgrimage to High Hrothgar, shell either have to get clean or lay in a good supply. Also she will not be able to keep a follower while shes using. That means those roadside dealers will cause her to dismiss her follower, loot and all.

Heres another one: Crook Tooth has the made-up quest of looking for his friend Derkeethus. Hes exhausted all leads so far, but hell have to stop in at Darkwater Crossing to ask about Derkeethus every time he passes near there. Eventually someone should give him the right dialog which hell follow to the official quest. My hope is that by that time he will be able to survive what follows. If he does, bonus! Derkeethus as a follower plus he gets to live another day.

Also Darnand is on the quest Thane of the Reach (to get Argis into his game), reimagined as Get Jerric Out of Prison.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jan 27 2013, 08:48 PM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Jan 27 2013, 12:48 PM) *

How bizzare...KOB's avatar changes in time to this song I'm on...It's hypnotic...Wow...

*Cough*...

There's always the "Find and Explore Everywhere" quest that J'Zirlo is currently engaged whilst in a holding pattern waiting for Dragonborn...

Also there's the "Find and Explode Every Thalmor" one that is running concurrently as well... tongue.gif biggrin.gif ...

blink.gif

What?!

-looks closer-

Oh... exploDe... the...Thalmor... phew. XD

Also Darnand is on the quest Thane of the Reach (to get Argis into his game), reimagined as Get Jerric Out of Prison.

Mmmph.

Darnand.

Need any help? XD

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Jan 27 2013, 09:45 PM
Post #9

Mouth
Group Icon

Okay, there you go.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Jan 28 2013, 11:08 PM
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jan 27 2013, 11:48 PM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

Oh how funny, lady Saga!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Jan 30 2013, 12:08 AM
Post #11

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jan 27 2013, 11:40 AM) *

My character Shuvesse was a skooma addict, so she had an ongoing quest to manage her addiction in addition to whatever else she was doing. Here are the details, reposted from a long time ago:

I’m on a console, so instead using of a mod I’m going to manage Shuvesse’s habit on paper. She needs one vial of skooma per day while she’s addicted. If she runs out, she’ll have to put 300 gold per day into a respawning container in a hold capital to simulate buying from another addict. She is an alchemist, so she can cook her own from nightshade and moon sugar. I’m thinking one each per day eaten together to substitute for a vial. Last thing, she can get clean at a temple for 5,000 Septims. The catch is that the next time she meets someone with skooma for sale (or finds some), she’s hooked again. I want to make her addiction a major motivator without making all other goals completely unreachable.

Her skooma habit means that before she undertakes a mission like the pilgrimage to High Hrothgar, she’ll either have to get clean or lay in a good supply. Also she will not be able to keep a follower while she’s using. That means those roadside dealers will cause her to dismiss her follower, loot and all.

Here’s another one: Crook Tooth has the made-up quest of looking for his friend Derkeethus. He’s exhausted all leads so far, but he’ll have to stop in at Darkwater Crossing to ask about Derkeethus every time he passes near there. Eventually someone should give him the right dialog which he’ll follow to the official quest. My hope is that by that time he will be able to survive what follows. If he does, bonus! Derkeethus as a follower plus he gets to live another day.

This sounds a lot like my khajiit, U'baasti. Right now she's at level 12, and she intends to travel with Ri’saad's or Ahkari’s caravans until she hits level 20. She gets money and levels by hunting wild game with her bow and by protecting the caravans from Skyrim’s indigenous wildlife... and bandits. She sells the pelts, weapons, and armors to Ri’saad or Ahkari and, whenever she’s flush she splurges on Speech training with Dro’marash or Sneak training with Khayla.

Like Shuvesse, U’baasti is a skooma addict and must procure at least one vial a day to support her habit. Most of the time this is done by purchasing the drug from Ri’saad or Ahkari, other times she is forced to scramble. When she gets and takes the drug she must spend at least three hours mindlessly hunting butterflies (or Luna Moths if it’s nighttime) throughout the countryside and, since skooma drains agility and intelligence (In Oblivion and Morrowind at least), she can’t use her bow or cast a spell while she’s ‘high.’ That means she has to run from anything that looks at her cross-eyed until she sobers up.

I love that you can get Shuvesse off the stuff, but if she finds some or meets a dealer she's hooked again! I also like that she can't have a follower when she's using. I'm going to have to steal that.

This post has been edited by Destri Melarg: Jan 30 2013, 12:52 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:31 PM