2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jerric's Cookpot, recipes for hearth and camp cooking
Grits
post Jun 3 2015, 06:52 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

I’ve been working on Jerric’s Cookpot, which is a little mod that adds food and drink recipes to (big reveal) the cookpot. All vanilla assets for now until I find or learn to make some filled tea cups and such.

I’m wondering about how the magical effects will work. I’m using small effects over time to make more sense of eating, for example tea that increases frost resistance 5% for two hours or food that fortifies stamina by 10 points for two hours. I don’t want one of my food effects to negate the effects from other food or potion use. Is it best to make my own magical effects so that they will stack?

Added: His first tea, brewed to keep his favorite sylvan lasses from needing too much clothing. tongue.gif

(The other new food in his backpack is from other mods, not mine.)

This post has been edited by Grits: Jun 3 2015, 07:01 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 3 2015, 10:14 PM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

So I went ahead and made my own effects for the ones that have a duration. I'll see if I like it that way. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 3 2015, 10:48 PM
Post #3

Paladin
Group Icon

How wonderfully natural to blend Jerric with one of his favorite things - food!

Given his more than adequate natural resistance to frost, it was sweet of him to craft his first concoction for his thin blooded friends. Do the ladies need to strain or filter the brew before drinking it? wink.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 3 2015, 11:12 PM
Post #4

Councilor
Group Icon

Straining the brew would not be a bad idea. They might also consider pairing it with a bowl of his delicious tomato-based chicken soup, which will fortify their disease resistance by 25%. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jun 4 2015, 03:05 AM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 3 2015, 05:12 PM) *

Straining the brew would not be a bad idea. They might also consider pairing it with a bowl of his delicious tomato-based chicken soup, which will fortify their disease resistance by 25%. biggrin.gif

Hey! I need one of those! Sick again since the weekend . . . this is driving me crazy! Please politely ask Jerric to whip up some of that for me, please? verysad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 4 2015, 03:06 AM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

Awesome! And I loved the sound of some of the food in his satchel - Surlie Brothers wine, lol!

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Jun 3 2015, 10:05 PM) *

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 3 2015, 05:12 PM) *

Hey! I need one of those! Sick again since the weekend . . . this is driving me crazy! Please politely ask Jerric to whip up some of that for me, please? verysad.gif

Aw, Bless your heart Haute!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 4 2015, 03:08 PM
Post #7

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Jun 3 2015, 10:05 PM) *

Yikes, not sick again! Ugh, that’s miserable. I’m sorry to hear it.

Jerric is presently at the College of Winterhold, so it was easy for him to get his hands on some fresh ingredients from their stores. He whipped up a double batch of his chicken soup for you, plus he hopes you’ll help yourself to some hot Cyrodiil spiced wine and his Black Wolf Brandy. And anything else that catches your eye. I’m afraid his healing philosophy is ‘Feed a cold, feed a fever, feed an injury, feed a hangover, and then drink yourself into next week when the symptoms will have passed.’ blink.gif

But I do hope the soup helps. Hug_emoticon.gif

Jerric thought up some more recipes last night. Unsurprisingly most of them are drinks. Here’s what we have so far:
Black Wolf Brandy: two wine, two alternate wine – restore 15 points of stamina, stamina regenerates 30% slower for 30 seconds

Cocktail, Salty Dog: Nordic barnacle, salt pile, ale – restore 15 points of stamina, stamina regenerates 30% slower for 30 seconds

Cocktail, Snowberry Gin Fizz: juniper berry, snowberry, Nord mead – restore 15 points of stamina, stamina regenerates 30% slower for 30 seconds

Cocktail, The Bee’s Knees: juniper berry, honey, wheat – restore 15 points of stamina, stamina regenerates 30% slower for 30 seconds

Hard Cider: green apple, red apple – restore 15 points of stamina, stamina regenerates 30% slower for 30 seconds

Juice, Apple-Berry: red apple, snowberry – resist frost 5% for 120 minutes, fortify health 10 points for 120 minutes

Juice, Apple-Grape: green apple, jazbay grape – fortify health 10 points for 120 minutes, fortify magicka regen 5% for 120 minutes

Juice, Carrot: four carrots – got any ideas?

Tea, Canis Root: canis root, red mountain flower – fortify magicka 10 points for 240 minutes

Tea, Lavender and Mountain Flower: lavender, blue mountain flower – fortify stamina 10 points for 120 minutes, fortify health 10 points for 120 minutes

Tea, Thistle Leaf and Snowberry: thistle stem, snowberry – resist frost 5% for 120 minutes

Chicken Soup: chicken, carrot, tomato – resist disease 25% for 120 minutes

Mammoth Stew: mammoth meat, carrot, gourd – fortify stamina 30 points for 720 minutes

Braised Ribs: dog meat, ale – restore health 15 points

Custard-Filled Pastry: flour, chicken egg – restore health 10 points

Steamed Carrot Cake: two carrots, flour – restore health 10 points

In my games Dog Meat is called Ribs and Gourds are called Squash, but I didn't put those changes in this mod to avoid conflicts. If anyone has feedback or would like to try his recipes, just give the word. smile.gif

Jerric is about to attempt his Master Conjuration Ritual, but right after that he plans to find some milk and honey and work on his Bee’s Knees recipe. He might swap out sour whipped milk for the fermented wheat. It’s not the kind of drink he fancies, but he knows a Breton lass who might like it.

Also he’d like to find a Hangover Remedy. He’s thinking something with mushrooms. *shudder*

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 4 2015, 03:22 PM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 4 2015, 10:08 AM) *

Jerric thought up some more recipes last night. Unsurprisingly most of them are drinks. Here’s what we have so far:
Black Wolf Brandy: two wine, two alternate wine – restore 15 points of stamina, stamina regenerates 30% slower for 30 seconds

Cocktail, Salty Dog: Nordic barnacle, salt pile, ale – restore 15 points of stamina, stamina regenerates 30% slower for 30 seconds

Cocktail, Snowberry Gin Fizz: juniper berry, snowberry, Nord mead – restore 15 points of stamina, stamina regenerates 30% slower for 30 seconds

Cocktail, The Bee’s Knees: juniper berry, honey, wheat – restore 15 points of stamina, stamina regenerates 30% slower for 30 seconds

Hard Cider: green apple, red apple – restore 15 points of stamina, stamina regenerates 30% slower for 30 seconds

Juice, Apple-Berry: red apple, snowberry – resist frost 5% for 120 minutes, fortify health 10 points for 120 minutes

Juice, Apple-Grape: green apple, jazbay grape – fortify health 10 points for 120 minutes, fortify magicka regen 5% for 120 minutes

Juice, Carrot: four carrots – got any ideas?

Tea, Canis Root: canis root, red mountain flower – fortify magicka 10 points for 240 minutes

Tea, Lavender and Mountain Flower: lavender, blue mountain flower – fortify stamina 10 points for 120 minutes, fortify health 10 points for 120 minutes

Tea, Thistle Leaf and Snowberry: thistle stem, snowberry – resist frost 5% for 120 minutes

Chicken Soup: chicken, carrot, tomato – resist disease 25% for 120 minutes

Mammoth Stew: mammoth meat, carrot, gourd – fortify stamina 30 points for 720 minutes

Braised Ribs: dog meat, ale – restore health 15 points

Custard-Filled Pastry: flour, chicken egg – restore health 10 points

Steamed Carrot Cake: two carrots, flour – restore health 10 points

In my games Dog Meat is called Ribs and Gourds are called Squash, but I didn't put those changes in this mod to avoid conflicts. If anyone has feedback or would like to try his recipes, just give the word. smile.gif

Jerric is about to attempt his Master Conjuration Ritual, but right after that he plans to find some milk and honey and work on his Bee’s Knees recipe. He might swap out sour whipped milk for the fermented wheat. It’s not the kind of drink he fancies, but he knows a Breton lass who might like it.

Also he’d like to find a Hangover Remedy. He’s thinking something with mushrooms. *shudder*

Do you have screenshots of the food?

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 4 2015, 03:23 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 4 2015, 03:37 PM
Post #9

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 4 2015, 10:22 AM) *

Nope, they’re all vanilla assets for now, which is why this mod is not really a candidate for release. So Braised Ribs looks the same as the cooked goat meat, the steamed carrot cake looks like a sweetroll, etc. Most of the food resources I’ve found are for static displays, and I need clutter food items. For folks who are already making their own custom food, Jerric’s little recipe mod probably won’t be of much interest.

My goal was to give more purpose to some underused raw food items (carrots, dog meat, gourds, flour) in recipes that don’t need an oven, since Jerric is on the road a lot and does most of his cooking at a cookpot over a campfire.

Admittedly making cocktails in a cookpot is a stretch, but where there’s a will! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 4 2015, 03:43 PM
Post #10

Paladin
Group Icon

Iron Chef, Skyrim! biggrin.gif viking.gif goodjob.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 4 2015, 04:20 PM
Post #11

Councilor
Group Icon

biggrin.gif I’ve been watching Cutthroat Kitchen with The Girl. At some point I’m sure there was a Nord watching over my shoulder! Jerric at leisure is a lot of fun. smile.gif

Oh, I just added a recipe for a non-alcoholic Malted Milk drink, simply milk and wheat which fortifies health.

The sweets, juices, healthy teas, and chicken soup should be candidates for gifting to children. Jerric is going to send Lil to the cookpot to try them out, since the only child available in all of their games is in one of Lil’s. Little orphaned Gralnach gets seriously spoiled.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 4 2015, 04:43 PM
Post #12

Ancient
Group Icon

You mean there will finally be a use for gourds!

This is a great idea for a mod. I made one like it for FONV, and after that pretty much never used stimpacks for healing. Instead my characters all became Iron Nuclear Chefs. I thought about doing the same for Skyrim, but with my main character being undead, well, meals were never a priority...

Instead of malted milk, how about whey? It was a very popular drink among the RL Vikings. here are some ideas for foods they ate. Sadly we don't really have any Viking Age recipes saying how they prepared it, but there are some ideas what those might have been at the bottom.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jun 4 2015, 04:51 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 4 2015, 05:48 PM
Post #13

Councilor
Group Icon

Yay for gourds! I’ve also used gourds in a cookpot custard recipe for my Rocky Top cottage mod. I miss corn and onions from Oblivion. Oh, that reminds me, I want to make a squash stew for Jerric.

Thank you for that great link to the Viking Answer Lady! The lutefisk humor sidebar cracked me up. I bookmarked it so I can find it again, since it will be a stretch for me to mentally backtrack to find it. laugh.gif

Whey is a great idea, thank you. Also it made me think about adding a recipe for cheese. Plus the Viking Answer Lady had green soup which I can make from leeks and cabbage instead of spinach, and I already have a resource for it.

Back to the CK! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 4 2015, 05:56 PM
Post #14

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 4 2015, 10:37 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 4 2015, 10:22 AM) *

Nope, they’re all vanilla assets for now, which is why this mod is not really a candidate for release. So Braised Ribs looks the same as the cooked goat meat, the steamed carrot cake looks like a sweetroll, etc. Most of the food resources I’ve found are for static displays, and I need clutter food items. For folks who are already making their own custom food, Jerric’s little recipe mod probably won’t be of much interest.

My goal was to give more purpose to some underused raw food items (carrots, dog meat, gourds, flour) in recipes that don’t need an oven, since Jerric is on the road a lot and does most of his cooking at a cookpot over a campfire.

Admittedly making cocktails in a cookpot is a stretch, but where there’s a will! laugh.gif

Oh, okay. I've done that with the carrots, beans, etc - made the food, that is (in Gimp). I am trying to make some more meats to go with all my veggies, lol. Some of the Skyrim vanilla meat looks good, but some of it does not look appetizing to me.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 4 2015, 06:21 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 4 2015, 06:35 PM
Post #15

Councilor
Group Icon

I’ve seen some gorgeous arranged platters and food baskets that people have put together. Really nice dessert arrangements especially. This food is pretty much for cooking and eating at the campsite, with a side of plying your companions with cocktails. laugh.gif

I had a good time naming the magical effects. I’ll have to play with them for a while before I decide if they’re fun or just silly.

The Girl made lunch for me, so now in Jerric’s Cookpot we also have Green Soup, Squash Stew, Carrot Soup, and Cheese Beer Soup. Jerric is not about the Elsweyr Fondue. (Because he tends to eat the cheese and use up all of the Moon Sugar.) tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jun 4 2015, 06:53 PM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

Jerric is presently at the College of Winterhold, so it was easy for him to get his hands on some fresh ingredients from their stores. He whipped up a double batch of his chicken soup for you, plus he hopes you’ll help yourself to some hot Cyrodiil spiced wine and his Black Wolf Brandy. And anything else that catches your eye. I’m afraid his healing philosophy is ‘Feed a cold, feed a fever, feed an injury, feed a hangover, and then drink yourself into next week when the symptoms will have passed.’

Aww, thanks to Jerric for the double dose of chicken soup! It looks yummy, and I can just about smell it from here!

Please give him a Hug_emoticon.gif and a cmok.gif from me!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 4 2015, 10:45 PM
Post #17

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 4 2015, 11:20 AM) *

Oh, I just added a recipe for a non-alcoholic Malted Milk drink, simply milk and wheat which fortifies health.

I love chocolate malt milkshakes = boost personality but slow speed? laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 4 2015, 11:23 PM
Post #18

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 4 2015, 10:37 AM) *

Since Jerric is on the road a lot and does most of his cooking at a cookpot over a campfire.

Not necessarily:

http://i.imgur.com/E5Yuedh.jpg

When Jerric wants wine, he doesn't let a little think like being on the trail stop him! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 5 2015, 12:17 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 5 2015, 12:12 AM
Post #19

Councilor
Group Icon

Nice! laugh.gif Camp wine, aged ten minutes. biggrin.gif

Is it just on my end, or has the wine pot pic broken the page width? It's about twice as wide as my page now, which means I have to scroll across to read the lines or text. Any chance you could make it a bit smaller? Or maybe it's just my screen. *shrugs*

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 5 2015, 12:18 AM
Post #20

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 4 2015, 07:12 PM) *

Nice! laugh.gif Camp wine, aged ten minutes. biggrin.gif

Is it just on my end, or has the wine pot pic broken the page width? It's about twice as wide as my page now, which means I have to scroll across to read the lines or text. Any chance you could make it a bit smaller? Or maybe it's just my screen. *shrugs*

Sorry about that. Fixed!

Aged wine = I'm from ETN, around here our moonshine is aged from the time it is put into the Mason jar till it is delivered to the recipient, laugh.gif

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 5 2015, 12:19 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:23 PM