13 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Elder Scrolls Online: General Discussion
Acadian
post Nov 10 2019, 06:47 PM
Post #161

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy totally does a zone before moving on. Alliance, MG, FG, side quests, find all points on the map. And she normally only does one perhaps two quests for the prophet per zone. By the time she gets ready to go to Coldharbour, she has cleared all zones for her primary alliance and completed all quests for the FG and MG.

The one exception is that we enjoy leveling up the Undaunted skill line by doing daily delves for Bolgrul. He has one delve in each of the 15 basic alliance zones that he randomly chooses from. While you are below L50, he will only give you delves in your alliance; after L50 he adds the remaining 10 delves. So early on, Buffy figures out early how to reach all 15 delves - pretty much trying to wear blinders and ignore everything else in those zones until she's ready to fully explore them.

The reason we like to keep things rather regimented like that is that random exploring can easily overfill your quest log (which is limited to 25 quests). If you don't grab a quest whenever you see it, it becomes easy to forget and overlook. If the quest log had a much higher capacity to hold open quests, then a random approach to questing might work better.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Nov 11 2019, 02:06 AM
Post #162

Mouth
Group Icon

Usually, I will explore to the point I find most or all of the points on the map. I'd sometimes do a bit more than that. But to actually do every quest associated with a point of interest, every delve, etc.? Absolutely not. That was actually what more or less happened to me with Valenwood when I first went hard on clearing that content. I had just not really got around to it, and then I powered through a ton of content a couple of months ago, to the point where I got absolutely sick of those damn forests. (Today and this past week, however, has seen Cincy and I go through much of what was left, mostly "points of interest" as designated on the map.

I love taking in the variety of locales too much to want to stay in one zone, or even province, for too long. Especially when it comes to the provinces and zones we haven't gotten to travel to since TESI: Arena (and of course, that was when the graphics, lore, environment, etc. were very primitive and basic and so on, so it didn't feel much like we were really getting to see those places).

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 11 2019, 04:38 AM
Post #163

Councilor
Group Icon

Probably as a result of first trying ESO during one of their free trial weeks, I got a habit of riding around a zone to find all the wayshrines before doing anything else. That actually gets quite a bit of XP on a new character. It was also useful for Guild Meets, as I had more of the shrines availabl, except when we went to a zone I hadn't visited at all.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 11 2019, 11:26 AM
Post #164

Councilor
Group Icon

I prefer to let characters explore and discover quests as they find them. With some characters I have the quest-giver arrows turned off so that they don’t know about the side quests unless they speak to someone. (And of course in some areas the quest-givers come running up to them.) I have tried clearing a whole zone before moving on, but Jerric likes to have something to do when he goes back to an area. He has been known to decide that the quest that takes him out of an area is more urgent than one nearby. I have been known to quietly remove quests from his quest log when it gets too full. whistling.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 11 2019, 09:59 PM
Post #165

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 11 2019, 05:26 AM) *

I prefer to let characters explore and discover quests as they find them. With some characters I have the quest-giver arrows turned off so that they don’t know about the side quests unless they speak to someone. (And of course in some areas the quest-givers come running up to them.) I have tried clearing a whole zone before moving on, but Jerric likes to have something to do when he goes back to an area. He has been known to decide that the quest that takes him out of an area is more urgent than one nearby. I have been known to quietly remove quests from his quest log when it gets too full. whistling.gif

This is how I feel about the questing too; I like having stuff to do when I return to areas; but if I am on one quest and another pops up that is related I'll do them both (like at Crosswych when the nurse needs you to find her medicine while you are rescuing people, etc).

When Misa and Pia wanted to do Cadwell's Silver & Gold; they left any unrelated side quests in the area and only took those related to the Main Quest for that Alliance. When they go back to the other Provinces; we can explore and find a lot more to do. Every now and then I put the Quest markers up to see what (if any) things I might still have to do in an area. I like that; because it just wouldn't feel right to walk off at a crucial time when the world as you know it is about to be destroyed and the side quest is something like "My boyfriend lost his pants to a witch..." (etc). So someday when the crisis is over and I happen through town; the lady's pantsless boyfriend can be dealt with, laugh.gif (I think that quest was from the real Morrowind game, lol).

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Nov 24 2019, 06:20 AM
Post #166

Mouth
Group Icon

Not sure which thread is best for this, so I'll put it in the general one. It's really two things related to character building.

1) I'm hesitant to do this because I don't think I'd have enough time in the future to build them up. However, after confirming through an Internet searchthat new characters automatically jump to the champion level that your first character is at once they get past level 50, I am thinking about creating a Sorcerer, Templar, and Nightblade just to try them out and get a feel for the abilities at their disposal (don't have any interest in looking into the Warden or Necromancer classes, to be honest). I already know what I would name the Sorcerer (who would be a female Breton) and the Templar (who would be a female Redguard), but I'm not sure about the Nightblade. I want to make them a Dominion race just to have one of those, and I lean toward Bosmer just to have an elf character. I may make them tomorrow just to have them, and then I'd unveil them here.

2) @mALX was interested in what Cincy's build was after he was able to solo a large amount (though not all) of the Shada's Tear group dungeon. Cincy has also been very proficient at soloing World Bosses. So here are the important things to know about Cincy's build.

When I hit champion levels, the idea was to get the best of both worlds of a Tank and DPS, with some healing ability. Cincy started out as a tank somewhat unintentionally, as I did not really understand many of the relevant mechanics of the game. But I am sort of glad that I did that, as that toughness and high HP was critical to this build. Cincy is still more of a tank, but he has become solid at dealing damage quickly. Obviously, it won't be as good as a true DPS, but I think I got a pretty damn good mix of the three major roles.

Yada, yada, yada...Now that I've given the most basic thought process behind the build, here are some specifics about what to know. I could go more in-depth if anybody wants to know more, but I want to try to keep this from getting much more long-winded.

1) This is Cincy's stat-sheet, though keep in mind that this is during a health-and-magicka boost from some Melon-Baked Parmesan Pork that he made. So subtract roughly 4.5K to 5K from those attributes and you get to what Cincy's stats normally are.

2) Class and race: Dragonknight and Argonian. Really, the only true must-have class ability here is the Coagulating Blood morph for healing, but there are several other really helpful abilities to have as well. Being an Argonian is super helpful for taking a bunch of hits because of their health-related racial abilities. They are naturally better at health recovery and total HP.

3a) Combat bar and abilities: As an RPG player in general, one of my biggest boons yet also one of my biggest banes is that I want to be good at a whole of things. This gives you a lot of flexibility and variety, but at some expense of being super-high in DPS. Got to have a primarily stamina-driven bar and a primarily magicka-driven bar. Usually, Cincy goes Dual Wield for stamina (1st) but he sometimes will do Two-Handed. I've found Meditate morphed into Introspection (Psijic skill) to be very helpful because you may get a brief break in battle and using it long enough without stopping gets an extra boost to health recovery. Or after a battle, you can use it to recharge your attributes quickly. I can't remember the morph names, but I use Flurry/Hidden Cloak/Whirling Blades for quick single-enemy attacks, multi-hit attack that gives Major Brutality, and an AoE attack to nearby enemies, respectively. The 5th ability for the bar is pretty interchangeable.

3b) But for magicka (2nd), it has to be Restoration Staff. Too many WBs, group delves/dungeons, etc. can hit you hard, so you have to be able to switch on the fly and heal quickly. That's what my Radiating Regeneration (I think that is the morph) and Coagulating Blood is for, especially the latter. RR is more for if somebody else joins in on the fun and also needs some help, because none of them have nearly the amount of HP I do. Hell, even higher-level players than I am have been dying on WBs they jumped in on because they don't have enough HP to take a bunch of hits and then switch to heal. The Molten Armaments morph is not absolutely necessary but helps to give Major Sorcery and increase the damage of physical heavy attacks. One of the Dragon Scales (can't remember the exact name) morph is also useful because it can reflect projectile attacks back at enemies). The 5th ability is interchangeable here as well.

4) Items and boosts: It's the age-old, never-been-solved issue of basically all RPGs--when you have an exceptionally helpful item for a boost, you never want to use it until you REALLY need to use it later, and then it never gets used. But I really need to stop being stingy about using Crown Fortifying Meals when I have plenty of them. Regardless, I have Melon-Based Parmesan Pork for the big health/magicka boost and Sticky Pork and Radish Noodles for the big health/stamina boost. And then, if I am in a real bind, I have my "triple-threat" (or "adventurer" potion, as mALX calls it) potion that refills health/magicka/stamina and a few other effects that I can't remember at the moment. But they are basically like the Crown Tri-Restoration Potions that are sometimes log-in rewards.

Whew...that was A LOT. So much for not being long-winded. And that's a condensed version!

I won't go into Champion Points and equipment here, because those are two whole other cans of worms and I can't remember specifics at the moment. But if anybody is interested, I could go more in-depth on that as well later. For various reasons, it took a while for this build to really start reaching its potential, but looking back I am very glad I did it this way. And it certainly wasn't planned out this way, as it took me a long time to really learn a lot of the stuff I know now.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Nov 24 2019, 06:23 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 24 2019, 01:55 PM
Post #167

Master
Group Icon

Interesting, I enjoyed reading this, also because Shonta is a Dragonknight. If you have time, I'd appreciate reading about Cincy's approach to Champion points, because we're close to getting them too. Cincy seems to have a big enough Magicka and Stamina pool, he isn't just focused on one attribute.

I agree about the Coagulating blood, a must-to-have. Unlike Cincy, Shonta doesn't have so many HP, because we invested points almost all the time into Magicka, so for him Obsidian Shard is also very useful.

It's the age-old, never-been-solved issue of basically all RPGs--when you have an exceptionally helpful item for a boost, you never want to use it until you REALLY need to use it later, and then it never gets used. But I really need to stop being stingy about using Crown Fortifying Meals when I have plenty of them.

LoL, same here!

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 25 2019, 10:43 PM
Post #168

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Nov 24 2019, 06:20 AM) *
I am thinking about creating a Sorcerer, Templar, and Nightblade

I think the thinking time is over because a while back, while I was online, I noticed your new t00n. wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 26 2019, 12:50 AM
Post #169

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Nov 24 2019, 12:20 AM) *

Not sure which thread is best for this, so I'll put it in the general one. It's really two things related to character building.

1) I'm hesitant to do this because I don't think I'd have enough time in the future to build them up. However, after confirming through an Internet searchthat new characters automatically jump to the champion level that your first character is at once they get past level 50, I am thinking about creating a Sorcerer, Templar, and Nightblade just to try them out and get a feel for the abilities at their disposal (don't have any interest in looking into the Warden or Necromancer classes, to be honest). I already know what I would name the Sorcerer (who would be a female Breton) and the Templar (who would be a female Redguard), but I'm not sure about the Nightblade. I want to make them a Dominion race just to have one of those, and I lean toward Bosmer just to have an elf character. I may make them tomorrow just to have them, and then I'd unveil them here.

2) @mALX was interested in what Cincy's build was after he was able to solo a large amount (though not all) of the Shada's Tear group dungeon. Cincy has also been very proficient at soloing World Bosses. So here are the important things to know about Cincy's build.

When I hit champion levels, the idea was to get the best of both worlds of a Tank and DPS, with some healing ability. Cincy started out as a tank somewhat unintentionally, as I did not really understand many of the relevant mechanics of the game. But I am sort of glad that I did that, as that toughness and high HP was critical to this build. Cincy is still more of a tank, but he has become solid at dealing damage quickly. Obviously, it won't be as good as a true DPS, but I think I got a pretty damn good mix of the three major roles.

Yada, yada, yada...Now that I've given the most basic thought process behind the build, here are some specifics about what to know. I could go more in-depth if anybody wants to know more, but I want to try to keep this from getting much more long-winded.

1) This is Cincy's stat-sheet, though keep in mind that this is during a health-and-magicka boost from some Melon-Baked Parmesan Pork that he made. So subtract roughly 4.5K to 5K from those attributes and you get to what Cincy's stats normally are.

2) Class and race: Dragonknight and Argonian. Really, the only true must-have class ability here is the Coagulating Blood morph for healing, but there are several other really helpful abilities to have as well. Being an Argonian is super helpful for taking a bunch of hits because of their health-related racial abilities. They are naturally better at health recovery and total HP.

3a) Combat bar and abilities: As an RPG player in general, one of my biggest boons yet also one of my biggest banes is that I want to be good at a whole of things. This gives you a lot of flexibility and variety, but at some expense of being super-high in DPS. Got to have a primarily stamina-driven bar and a primarily magicka-driven bar. Usually, Cincy goes Dual Wield for stamina (1st) but he sometimes will do Two-Handed. I've found Meditate morphed into Introspection (Psijic skill) to be very helpful because you may get a brief break in battle and using it long enough without stopping gets an extra boost to health recovery. Or after a battle, you can use it to recharge your attributes quickly. I can't remember the morph names, but I use Flurry/Hidden Cloak/Whirling Blades for quick single-enemy attacks, multi-hit attack that gives Major Brutality, and an AoE attack to nearby enemies, respectively. The 5th ability for the bar is pretty interchangeable.

3b) But for magicka (2nd), it has to be Restoration Staff. Too many WBs, group delves/dungeons, etc. can hit you hard, so you have to be able to switch on the fly and heal quickly. That's what my Radiating Regeneration (I think that is the morph) and Coagulating Blood is for, especially the latter. RR is more for if somebody else joins in on the fun and also needs some help, because none of them have nearly the amount of HP I do. Hell, even higher-level players than I am have been dying on WBs they jumped in on because they don't have enough HP to take a bunch of hits and then switch to heal. The Molten Armaments morph is not absolutely necessary but helps to give Major Sorcery and increase the damage of physical heavy attacks. One of the Dragon Scales (can't remember the exact name) morph is also useful because it can reflect projectile attacks back at enemies). The 5th ability is interchangeable here as well.

4) Items and boosts: It's the age-old, never-been-solved issue of basically all RPGs--when you have an exceptionally helpful item for a boost, you never want to use it until you REALLY need to use it later, and then it never gets used. But I really need to stop being stingy about using Crown Fortifying Meals when I have plenty of them. Regardless, I have Melon-Based Parmesan Pork for the big health/magicka boost and Sticky Pork and Radish Noodles for the big health/stamina boost. And then, if I am in a real bind, I have my "triple-threat" (or "adventurer" potion, as mALX calls it) potion that refills health/magicka/stamina and a few other effects that I can't remember at the moment. But they are basically like the Crown Tri-Restoration Potions that are sometimes log-in rewards.

Whew...that was A LOT. So much for not being long-winded. And that's a condensed version!

I won't go into Champion Points and equipment here, because those are two whole other cans of worms and I can't remember specifics at the moment. But if anybody is interested, I could go more in-depth on that as well later. For various reasons, it took a while for this build to really start reaching its potential, but looking back I am very glad I did it this way. And it certainly wasn't planned out this way, as it took me a long time to really learn a lot of the stuff I know now.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

This is fantastic! You should post this on our ESO "Character Builds" thread!!! (I can't remember the name of the thread; but this def belongs on it!!!)

Thank you for posting this! My main character Misa is also a Hybrid; mostly because I play solo so much that I needed her to be able to sustain herself (since Nord Stam Nightblades don't have many ways to heal themselves). So her DPS will never be up there with the big dogs; but she gets by in Tamriel (and is glad to accept help when she can't get through something on her own, lol).

QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 24 2019, 07:55 AM) *

Interesting, I enjoyed reading this, also because Shonta is a Dragonknight. If you have time, I'd appreciate reading about Cincy's approach to Champion points, because we're close to getting them too. Cincy seems to have a big enough Magicka and Stamina pool, he isn't just focused on one attribute.

I agree about the Coagulating blood, a must-to-have. Unlike Cincy, Shonta doesn't have so many HP, because we invested points almost all the time into Magicka, so for him Obsidian Shard is also very useful.

I'd love to hear about those too; I have a baby Dragon Knight that I haven't even brought out to play yet = would love to hear how you are able to do all you do with Cincy!!!! He is amazing!

QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 25 2019, 04:43 PM) *

I think the thinking time is over because a while back, while I was online, I noticed your new t00n. wink.gif

Ooh, do tell !!!!! I wonder which one he made first? I am kind of excited to see what he can do with a Templar; because Acadian's Buffy the Templar is one of the most powerful characters I've ever seen! If Rader can make a Dragon Knight that can run around soloing group dungeons and World Bosses at this early age; I'd love to see what he could do with a Templar!

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Nov 26 2019, 04:54 PM
Post #170

Mouth
Group Icon

And you noticed correctly. I went ahead and made a Breton sorceress and Redguard Templar. I think it'll be a while before I make the Nightblade, if I ever do. I care little about roleplaying with these two, as I am really only concerned about beefing them up and seeing what I can do with their abilities (which, from first impressions, seem a bit overpowered, but I'm sure I'll have a better understanding when I have some experience with them). I also have little to no idea for what their backstories will be.

Anyway, here they are!

Meet Evelona Mathieu, Breton sorceress

Just "Evelona" was already taken, so I came up with a Breton-sounding last name. I have her Golden Saint outfit on right now, but I forgot to take a screenshot of that. I think I'll make her from some obscure town that appeared in TESII: Daggerfall because I'm a tr00 MLG el1te g4mer and fan and not a filthy casual just because I can and I want to give that game a bit of a shoutout. After I did the Stros M'Kai quests, I got her to travel over to Bleakrock Isle. It's been a long time since I did the beginning parts of the Pact questline, so I want to experience it again with all that I know about the game now. And like I said, I'm not concerned about roleplaying for these new characters. I just want to see what I can do with a Sorcerer and Templar build.

And speaking of the Templar...

Meet Mariah the Honey-Voiced the Redguard Templar

Those of you who have seen some of the adventures of my Fallout 3 and 4 characters may think this is a nod to them with the shared name of Mariah. But nope, it isn't (well, I suppose it can be secondary)! It's really an extremely subtle reference to another game in the TES series; so subtle that I bet not even a thousand ESO players would know the game that it is referencing, and even if they could it would probably go right over their heads because it is an obscure game and it is not obvious at all.

But you all will know now if you didn't already! The "Honey-Voiced" part is a reference to a character named Mariah in Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard, the 1998 TES spinoff that was the only game in the series that was not an RPG at all. Besides a few standouts like Michael Mack, voice of main protagonist Cyrus (he also voiced the male Redguards in Morrowind and Oblivion), there is quite a bit of...interesting choices in voice casting for the game. Chief among them is Mariah. Witness her melodious vocals here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4NThslOItA

Fortunately, this ESO rendition of Mariah sounds very pleasing. Also, here is a picture of her punching a Dremora. It took a bit for her to find a weapon in the Coldharbor escape, for some reason, but it was pretty amusing to use fisticuffs to kill oh-so-scary daedric monsters.

I already was going to make Evelona a magicka-focused DPS, but since all of the skills of the Templar are also magicka-based, I'm abandoning the original focus of making Mariah a stamina-focused DPS and will see if I can make her a bit more balanced similar to Cincy but perhaps with less health.

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 25 2019, 06:50 PM) *

This is fantastic! You should post this on our ESO "Character Builds" thread!!! (I can't remember the name of the thread; but this def belongs on it!!!)

Thank you for posting this! My main character Misa is also a Hybrid; mostly because I play solo so much that I needed her to be able to sustain herself (since Nord Stam Nightblades don't have many ways to heal themselves). So her DPS will never be up there with the big dogs; but she gets by in Tamriel (and is glad to accept help when she can't get through something on her own, lol).

I'd love to hear about those too; I have a baby Dragon Knight that I haven't even brought out to play yet = would love to hear how you are able to do all you do with Cincy!!!! He is amazing!

I'm not sure if I will get enough time for a write-up here, but I could probably talk more about it at our next guild meet (which hopefully Lopov can make this time). Maybe the three of us can get together outside of the normal guild meet.

I will at least say that I have full sets of Fortified Brass (thanks to Acadian) and the Storm Knight. Fortified Brass for that sweet boost in both physical and spell resistance and some health; Storm Knight gives a lot of spell resistance, some health, and a 10% chance (when hit by a non-physical attack) to shock opponents with something like 5,000 points of damage every 2 seconds for 6 seconds. Can't remember exact numbers but that is the gist of it. And lately, that chance has been going my way a lot, which is certainly nice.

On a related note: Why do armor sets now say they add "#### armor" instead of physical or spell resistance? Was that too complicated for people and/or did they actually gimp resistance of armor and/or did people complain? If so, that is kind of annoying. I'm pretty sure I used to have more physical AND spell resistance.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Nov 26 2019, 04:59 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 26 2019, 05:04 PM
Post #171

Master
Group Icon

Hey there, babes dames!

I love Mariah's looks. goodjob.gif Not that Evelona looks bad, far from it, but there's something wild about Mariah's looks. You know me by now, faces of characters are very important for me, not just those that I create, but other as well. It was Mariah that I noticed yesterday.

but I could probably talk more about it at our next guild meet (which hopefully Lopov can make this time). Maybe the three of us can get together outside of the normal guild meet.

That should be next Friday, right? I think I can make it, because I have a night shift on Saturday. I'm not sure how long will I stay, but I can show up early, that's not a problem.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 26 2019, 06:18 PM
Post #172

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Nov 26 2019, 10:54 AM) *

It took a bit for her to find a weapon in the Coldharbor escape, for some reason, but it was pretty amusing to use fisticuffs to kill oh-so-scary daedric monsters.

I just found the same problem. I'm sure that when I created all my other characters, they got a weapon straight away from the first corpse outside the cell. That doesn't seem to happen any more, and all the urns etc. have is potions, lock-picks, recipes, and furnishing plans.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 26 2019, 06:34 PM
Post #173

Ancient
Group Icon

Since y’all are talking about the the first part in Coldharbour, I’m going to take this opportunity to state (yet again), how much I hate that once you have any of the chapters loaded, you cease to start your game in Coldharbour.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 26 2019, 07:08 PM
Post #174

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 26 2019, 12:34 PM) *

Since y’all are talking about the the first part in Coldharbour, I’m going to take this opportunity to state (yet again), how much I hate that once you have any of the chapters loaded, you cease to start your game in Coldharbour.

I have to absolutely agree with you on this. I mean, we still get the Coldharbour one; but then (unless you skip the offered tutorial) it is like having two tutorials then.

But it doesn't stop there; because you completely lose each subsequent Chapter's tutorials every time you buy a new Chapter!

Example: I LOVED the Vvardenfell Chapter's tutorial; but can NEVER experience it again because ever since I bought Northern Elsweyr = that Northern Elsweyr tutorial is the only tutorial I can get now. And I am NOT in love with the Elsweyr one at all. I can't wait to buy the next Chapter just to get a different tutorial dungeon.

I think we should be able to choose which tutorial dungeon we want to play through if we choose to play one.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 26 2019, 07:58 PM
Post #175

Ancient
Group Icon

And you noticed correctly. I went ahead and made a Breton sorceress and Redguard Templar. I think it'll be a while before I make the Nightblade, if I ever do. I care little about roleplaying with these two, as I am really only concerned about beefing them up and seeing what I can do with their abilities (which, from first impressions, seem a bit overpowered, but I'm sure I'll have a better understanding when I have some experience with them). I also have little to no idea for what their backstories will be.

Anyway, here they are!

Meet Evelona Mathieu, Breton sorceress

Just "Evelona" was already taken, so I came up with a Breton-sounding last name. I have her Golden Saint outfit on right now, but I forgot to take a screenshot of that. I think I'll make her from some obscure town that appeared in TESII: Daggerfall because I'm a tr00 MLG el1te g4mer and fan and not a filthy casual just because I can and I want to give that game a bit of a shoutout. After I did the Stros M'Kai quests, I got her to travel over to Bleakrock Isle. It's been a long time since I did the beginning parts of the Pact questline, so I want to experience it again with all that I know about the game now. And like I said, I'm not concerned about roleplaying for these new characters. I just want to see what I can do with a Sorcerer and Templar build.

And speaking of the Templar...

Meet Mariah the Honey-Voiced the Redguard Templar

Those of you who have seen some of the adventures of my Fallout 3 and 4 characters may think this is a nod to them with the shared name of Mariah. But nope, it isn't (well, I suppose it can be secondary)! It's really an extremely subtle reference to another game in the TES series; so subtle that I bet not even a thousand ESO players would know the game that it is referencing, and even if they could it would probably go right over their heads because it is an obscure game and it is not obvious at all.

But you all will know now if you didn't already! The "Honey-Voiced" part is a reference to a character named Mariah in Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard, the 1998 TES spinoff that was the only game in the series that was not an RPG at all. Besides a few standouts like Michael Mack, voice of main protagonist Cyrus (he also voiced the male Redguards in Morrowind and Oblivion), there is quite a bit of...interesting choices in voice casting for the game. Chief among them is Mariah. Witness her melodious vocals here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4NThslOItA

Fortunately, this ESO rendition of Mariah sounds very pleasing. Also, here is a picture of her punching a Dremora. It took a bit for her to find a weapon in the Coldharbor escape, for some reason, but it was pretty amusing to use fisticuffs to kill oh-so-scary daedric monsters.

I already was going to make Evelona a magicka-focused DPS, but since all of the skills of the Templar are also magicka-based, I'm abandoning the original focus of making Mariah a stamina-focused DPS and will see if I can make her a bit more balanced similar to Cincy but perhaps with less health.

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 25 2019, 06:50 PM) *

I'm not sure if I will get enough time for a write-up here, but I could probably talk more about it at our next guild meet (which hopefully Lopov can make this time). Maybe the three of us can get together outside of the normal guild meet.

I will at least say that I have full sets of Fortified Brass (thanks to Acadian) and the Storm Knight. Fortified Brass for that sweet boost in both physical and spell resistance and some health; Storm Knight gives a lot of spell resistance, some health, and a 10% chance (when hit by a non-physical attack) to shock opponents with something like 5,000 points of damage every 2 seconds for 6 seconds. Can't remember exact numbers but that is the gist of it. And lately, that chance has been going my way a lot, which is certainly nice.

On a related note: Why do armor sets now say they add "#### armor" instead of physical or spell resistance? Was that too complicated for people and/or did they actually gimp resistance of armor and/or did people complain? If so, that is kind of annoying. I'm pretty sure I used to have more physical AND spell resistance.

Your new girls are beautiful! I especially love Mariah's looks; she is stunning!

What you are doing with testing out the various races/classes/Alliances is exactly how I started out in ESO too. I wanted to find the Class that suited my gameplay style best.

Also, getting to feel comfortable in the game and get the feel of the game world = I needed that before I could actually roleplay too; even with Misa who has been with me in every game I've ever played.

BWAAHAA!!! Mariah's voice in Redguard was hysterical!!!! That is so funny!!!

I never played Redguard; but there was actually a reference to that Mariah in Morrowind = a scroll you read mentions her.

Also, there is a Mariah the Redguard in ESO in Stros M'Kai too! So you picked a really good (lore friendly) name for her!

On them changing the text to say "Armor" instead of "Physical and Spell Resistance" = I've been wondering the same exact thing! Really never trust any weird "no reason to do it" changes they make like that; because I always suspect them of nerfing something slyly and sneakily every time they do that, lol.

I planned to look it up on Reddit or the forum discussions on it; just haven't had the time lately.

QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 26 2019, 11:04 AM) *

Hey there, babes dames!

I love Mariah's looks. goodjob.gif Not that Evelona looks bad, far from it, but there's something wild about Mariah's looks. You know me by now, faces of characters are very important for me, not just those that I create, but other as well. It was Mariah that I noticed yesterday.

but I could probably talk more about it at our next guild meet (which hopefully Lopov can make this time). Maybe the three of us can get together outside of the normal guild meet.

That should be next Friday, right? I think I can make it, because I have a night shift on Saturday. I'm not sure how long will I stay, but I can show up early, that's not a problem.

Ditto; it will be perfect for me too. (just please remember that I need to be poked close to the time to start the Meet because I lose track of time, lol). Does anyone have any ideas for a Meet activity yet? We have a bunch of new characters that might like to meet up and do some early game things (like skyshard hunting, lol).

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 26 2019, 08:00 PM
Post #176

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 26 2019, 01:51 PM) *

On them changing the text to say "Armor" instead of "Physical and Spell Resistance" = I've been wondering the same exact thing! Really never trust any weird "no reason to do it" changes they make like that; because I always suspect them of nerfing something slyly and sneakily every time they do that, lol.

The cases where it was both were once pretty rare. So it usually said just "Physical Resistance" or "Spell Resistance". But when they decided that things would always give both together was when they changed the name. The items that just gave Spell Resistance were changed to half the value on both, and the same with the Physical-only ones. Of course, everyone complained about the nerf of halving the resistence, not the buff of the other half.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 26 2019, 08:07 PM
Post #177

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 26 2019, 12:18 PM) *

It took a bit for her to find a weapon in the Coldharbor escape, for some reason, but it was pretty amusing to use fisticuffs to kill oh-so-scary daedric monsters.

I just found the same problem. I'm sure that when I created all my other characters, they got a weapon straight away from the first corpse outside the cell. That doesn't seem to happen any more, and all the urns etc. have is potions, lock-picks, recipes, and furnishing plans.

I think the corpse with the weapon is not in the first room anymore; but is now in the room just before the Dremora you have for your first fight. (Probably the one Mariah is fighting with her fists in that screenshot of her)

I just did the Coldharbour tutorial a few days ago; and was really surprised that corpse was moved. Made me wonder if they cut the dungeon down to a smaller size or something. (or wonder if my memory was that bad that I had thought it was in the first room, lol).

Really glad to know I wasn't the only one who remembered it being in that first room!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 26 2019, 09:04 PM
Post #178

Ancient
Group Icon

I think the corpse is still there it just doesn’t have a weapon you can grab anymore. I ran through that section when I made Baron Loredas and I remember looking for that greatsword in that first room. Found a body but no sword. I think they cut it when the Coldharbour section became less of a tutorial and just another part of the game.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 26 2019, 11:15 PM
Post #179

Master
Group Icon

When I played the game for the first time about a month and a half back (no DLCs), the weapon was on the corpse right outside of the cell.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Nov 27 2019, 01:46 PM
Post #180

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 26 2019, 12:34 PM) *

I guess it is because I have ESO+ and not actual ownership of the chapters, but I was hoping to get to try out the Firemoth Island tutorial in Vvardenfell just to see what it is like. I don't understand why Zenimax can't just let us pick our tutorial, especially if we've already gone through it once. And storywise, why wouldn't they at least let you start in Coldharbour if you want?

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 26 2019, 01:58 PM) *

Your new girls are beautiful! I especially love Mariah's looks; she is stunning!

What you are doing with testing out the various races/classes/Alliances is exactly how I started out in ESO too. I wanted to find the Class that suited my gameplay style best.

Also, getting to feel comfortable in the game and get the feel of the game world = I needed that before I could actually roleplay too; even with Misa who has been with me in every game I've ever played.

BWAAHAA!!! Mariah's voice in Redguard was hysterical!!!! That is so funny!!!

I never played Redguard; but there was actually a reference to that Mariah in Morrowind = a scroll you read mentions her.

Also, there is a Mariah the Redguard in ESO in Stros M'Kai too! So you picked a really good (lore friendly) name for her!

QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 26 2019, 11:04 AM) *

Hey there, babes dames!

Ditto; it will be perfect for me too. (just please remember that I need to be poked close to the time to start the Meet because I lose track of time, lol). Does anyone have any ideas for a Meet activity yet? We have a bunch of new characters that might like to meet up and do some early game things (like skyshard hunting, lol).

Why, thank you. I'm very pleased with how they turned out. (You should see Evelona in her Golden Saint outfit hubbahubba.gif ). I'm not the type of person that has to mull over every single detail of a character's creation, but I knew the basic look I wanted (more so for Evelona). When I decided what I wanted, I knew that it clicked for both. Mariah's hair style and head accessory took a bit to think about until I saw the ones I have now, and knew that those had to be it.

I might bring Evelona to the next guild meet to get some quick XP and skyshards. Maybe even Mariah as well. I wanted to leave a bit of time for Cincy to have a bunch of enlightenment so that he can rack up higher CP levels quickly, but I will still play him a bit.

As for comparing classes, I'm still likely to think that Dragonknight best suits me as a player. I always like having the balance in capabilities for utility and being able to change with what comes at me, even though it means I can't be a total master one way or the other, and that is regardless of what game I am playing (not that I won't change it up every so often). It seems Dragonknight is best suited for that. I just want the Sorcerer and Templar for some variety and to experience some quest choices and even other quests that I won't/didn't do with Cincy.

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 26 2019, 02:00 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 26 2019, 01:51 PM) *

The cases where it was both were once pretty rare. So it usually said just "Physical Resistance" or "Spell Resistance". But when they decided that things would always give both together was when they changed the name. The items that just gave Spell Resistance were changed to half the value on both, and the same with the Physical-only ones. Of course, everyone complained about the nerf of halving the resistence, not the buff of the other half.

At least they gave you a boost to replace what you lost, but I think I would rather have it how it was previously.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Nov 27 2019, 01:53 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

13 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:58 AM