Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

118 Pages V « < 87 88 89 90 91 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Here Is The News..", The Elder Scrolls Online General Discussion Thread...
monkeyemoness
post Jan 19 2019, 08:12 PM
Post #1761

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jan 17 2019, 04:41 PM) *

Khajiit does not play PvP so he plays whatever kind of character he wants. If a character can perform his/her role sufficiently in the rare dungeon romp, then that’s good enough for this one.

Same, tbh. I'm going to keep doing what I want regardless of the changes. Helped by the fact that I don't do any harder content, ever. This sort of thing will always be messy, regardless if it's an MMO or not. (especially if it isn't an mmo lol)

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jan 21 2019, 01:07 AM
Post #1762

Master
Group Icon

As a storyteller, I've always been about character conflicts - a toon choosing a path not typical of her race or class or size or whatever (even gender).

Like Julian studying Magic and joining the Mages Guild in spite of the Redguard's traditional distaste for magic (but not spirituality, which is somewhat different, though difficult to define . . . ) as I'm sure you recall from her Oblivion days.

And I am having tremendous fun playing my little Bosmer with a sword and board, even though her racial passives say she should be better with DW/bow or whatever the TESO lore says. And my Orc Maz is a surprisingly effective healer, though not on the same scale as Acadian's Dame Buffy.

It is in those conflicts that great stories lie, IMHO. So whatever ZOS does with racial passives, I don't care. I will continue playing my crew the way they want to play.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 21 2019, 01:14 AM
Post #1763

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Jan 20 2019, 06:07 PM) *

As a storyteller, I've always been about character conflicts - a toon choosing a path not typical of her race or class or size or whatever (even gender).

Like Julian studying Magic and joining the Mages Guild in spite of the Redguard's traditional distaste for magic (but not spirituality, which is somewhat different, though difficult to define . . . ) as I'm sure you recall from her Oblivion days.

And I am having tremendous fun playing my little Bosmer with a sword and board, even though her racial passives say she should be better with DW/bow or whatever the TESO lore says. And my Orc Maz is a surprisingly effective healer, though not on the same scale as Acadian's Dame Buffy.

It is in those conflicts that great stories lie, IMHO. So whatever ZOS does with racial passives, I don't care. I will continue playing my crew the way they want to play.

Baron Loredas is a Redguard and he’s a Necromancer! Well technically he’s a lvl 3 Sorc bank mule atm, but we’ve been waiting to level him in case they ever decided to make a Necro class. He’ll soon get his chance to start for real!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jan 21 2019, 01:18 AM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 21 2019, 01:36 AM
Post #1764

Councilor
Group Icon

My issue with putting combat elements in the racial passives is that inevitably they will change for the purpose of balance. To me the character’s race is what they are, not who they are. Who they are will evolve, so the game design changes are easier to absorb as a natural part of their life. Changing what they are makes no sense to me.

I guess we have one more Mayhem morning to collect tickets? Jerric has a quest ready to turn in, so hopefully that will work. I’ve enjoyed this festival way more than I would have thought, and would not have joined in if not for the tickets.

I want to try the Necromancer class but I have no ideas yet, which is a very strange feeling! I’ll have to buy a character slot unless Lleduri agrees to bow out. I thought about making her a vampire, but I’m just not interested enough to put the time in. It’s a tough call because she has amassed a great wardrobe. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jan 22 2019, 02:57 AM
Post #1765

Master
Group Icon

Woot. New crown items for January:

https://elderscrolls.net/2019/01/21/30451-t...bnovlenie-4-3-0

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 22 2019, 02:06 PM
Post #1766

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow, that new wolfhound is pretty close to how Ulfe looks. Woo! I see some outfits I like, too. Thanks for posting this, DE!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jan 22 2019, 03:32 PM
Post #1767

Master
Group Icon

The wolfhound does look awesome! We also get a new Arena house. I’ll stick to my three homes since it’s just too overwhelmingly to have more. But this house looks awesome! Hehe amusing that it’s an arena built by a man called Lycus tongue.gif

Elinhir Private Arena

Pit Fighting promoter Crottus “Thumbs-Down” Lycus built this private arena atop the haunted ruins of Molavar because the land was cheap, and what could go wrong? He vanished mysteriously some time ago, and now his unique Arena Home is back on the market. This remarkable home includes levers that activate various environmental hazards in the middle of the arena. These hazards include lightning, fire blasts and spinning blades, each with their own distinct properties and behaviors.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 22 2019, 09:06 PM
Post #1768

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Jan 21 2019, 08:57 PM) *

Looks great, but something about that translation doesn't seem like it came from ESO. They have spelling errors of their own products; and talk about getting their information from Data-mining. Still, the Arena really looks interesting!

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Jan 22 2019, 09:32 AM) *

The wolfhound does look awesome! We also get a new Arena house. I’ll stick to my three homes since it’s just too overwhelmingly to have more. But this house looks awesome! Hehe amusing that it’s an arena built by a man called Lycus tongue.gif

Elinhir Private Arena

Pit Fighting promoter Crottus “Thumbs-Down” Lycus built this private arena atop the haunted ruins of Molavar because the land was cheap, and what could go wrong? He vanished mysteriously some time ago, and now his unique Arena Home is back on the market. This remarkable home includes levers that activate various environmental hazards in the middle of the arena. These hazards include lightning, fire blasts and spinning blades, each with their own distinct properties and behaviors.

How can you pass it up if it is named Lycus and is an Arena? That is like fate!!!! Someone read your story and loved it is my guess!

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jan 23 2019, 12:49 AM
Post #1769

Mouth
Group Icon

Yeesh, isn't this the first time we see Namira in ESO? I wonder if it's just for completion or because she's gonna be relevant soon.

Anyways, Wrathstone is on the PTS and the preview is up. As well as patch notes.

tbh the things I'm most interested in are the writ changes (particularly the material crates) the updated Jester's Festival, and the prologue quest(s) for Elsweyr. I'm glad they reference Numidium being stationed in the Halls of Colossus

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Jan 23 2019, 12:49 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 24 2019, 08:51 PM
Post #1770

Councilor
Group Icon

Storm Crown Crates are back, along with the stuff you can buy from them for gems. And there's a lot of stuff there that I like!

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jan 24 2019, 10:04 PM
Post #1771

Mouth
Group Icon

Frickign FINALLY

I spent at least 2k crowns trying to get these goddamn hairs before today. Yeesh

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Jan 24 2019, 10:32 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jan 26 2019, 04:05 PM
Post #1772

Master
Group Icon

Does anyone have crown items that are no longer being sold in the store and would like them back?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 27 2019, 01:43 AM
Post #1773

Paladin
Group Icon

DK, do you mean things that used to be sold in the crown store that you don't have but want and wish they'd come back to the crown store?

If so, the only thing I can think of might be the white version of Buffy's fennec fox, Kitsune.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jan 27 2019, 01:57 AM
Post #1774

Master
Group Icon

Yes that’s what I meant. Items once sold that are now discontinued.

There’s something interesting about that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 27 2019, 06:44 AM
Post #1775

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Jan 26 2019, 10:05 AM) *

Does anyone have crown items that are no longer being sold in the store and would like them back?

The Palomino Horse!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 27 2019, 12:07 PM
Post #1776

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 27 2019, 12:44 AM) *

The Palomino Horse!

The Palomino Horse is in the Storm Atronach crates which are in the store right now. Forty Crown Gems for the horse.

I'd like a return of the Dapple Grey Palfrey. I wish they would bring back the old horse model for the new horse colors.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 27 2019, 01:11 PM
Post #1777

Paladin
Group Icon

I agree with Grits. I quite prefer the 'heavy' horse model to the slender horse model.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 27 2019, 04:26 PM
Post #1778

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jan 27 2019, 06:07 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 27 2019, 12:44 AM) *

The Palomino Horse!

The Palomino Horse is in the Storm Atronach crates which are in the store right now. Forty Crown Gems for the horse.

I'd like a return of the Dapple Grey Palfrey. I wish they would bring back the old horse model for the new horse colors.

Wow, only 40 gems? I need to go look and see if I have the gems!

I agree with both you and Acadian; I liked the fatter rumped horses. The gorgeous face on the blanket Appaloosa I bought for 1800 crowns last year can't make up for the fact that the horse has a bone for a tail (no hair on its tail like the old models had) = and has an extremely high bone across the top of its rump that becomes the bone tail! When you ride the horse, the only thing you see is that bone and the bone for a tail! It is like they took a skeleton of a horse to make the model; but didn't look at an actual picture of a horse's rump when they made the new models!

(whereas Puffy the Imperial White horse; Archie the Piebald Destrier; and Oreo the chunky Black horse with the white main and tail = their heads might not look as nice as the new ones; but who sees their faces when you are riding them? You see their rumps; and those models had perfect hindquarters = and tails with hair on them!

So yeah; bring back the old model = or stick the new prettier faces on the old well made hind ends!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jan 27 2019, 04:37 PM
Post #1779

Master
Group Icon

I was telling Acadian about some crown items. If they’re not on the store and you REALLY want them, send a message to Zeninax customer support. I’ve heard this from someone on Reddit and also on the official forums that they can give you the items if you have the crowns. Depending on the individual, of course.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 27 2019, 05:43 PM
Post #1780

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Jan 27 2019, 10:37 AM) *

I was telling Acadian about some crown items. If they’re not on the store and you REALLY want them, send a message to Zeninax customer support. I’ve heard this from someone on Reddit and also on the official forums that they can give you the items if you have the crowns. Depending on the individual, of course.

Oh, that is Awesome! I didn't know that!

--------------------
+Quote Post

118 Pages V « < 87 88 89 90 91 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:11 AM