29 Pages V « < 16 17 18 19 20 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout 4 Mods
SubRosa
post Feb 8 2018, 11:17 PM
Post #341

Ancient
Group Icon

Playable Bugs - In case you wanted to play as a Bloodbug. Not kidding. The pic of a bloodbug with a laser pistol is priceless!

Outfield Retreat - Diamond City RV Player Home - is another of Elianora's creations. It adds a small trailer to the outfield in Diamond City. Outstandingly done. There is a power armor station outside, and all the crafting stations inside, and even though they are in different cells, they can still all share the same inventories (I have tried other mods where they did not share between cells).

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 28 2018, 02:59 AM
Post #342

Ancient
Group Icon

I started a game with Same Sex Couples and LGBT Families for my new playthrough of Killer Frost. It worked in the intro pretty well. I was not thrilled with the face that was used for her spouse. But that was easily changed in character generation by using a Looksmenu preset. I actually used Annie Ley Oak's face! biggrin.gif

When playing the Female-Female version, your character has to be the second person in front of the mirror. Basically just like the vanilla game, you have to use the change sex option to go to your character.

What is a little odd that both wear the same outfit to start with. You can use the console to change the clothes of either (I never thought of that until later). But once the news announces the start of the war, your spouse magically changes clothes to jeans and white tee shirt. It would have been nice if they had just started that way.

I added some mods after my first night of playing. Then went back again a day later. I found that my character was now male! ohmy.gif As far as I can tell, none of the mods I added had anything to do with the original spouse's sex. It was stuff like crafting items. Just out of curiosity I tried disabling Same Sex Couples and again when restarting my character was male. Finally I activated the mod again and just moved it down the load order, and Frost was magically female again.

Edit to add:
I found an incompatibility between Remove Scope Sway and Same Sex Couples. I never would have imagined it, but each completely cancels the other out. Whatever loads last wins, and disables the other.

I looked at Remove Scope Sway in the CK, and I think I see why. It adds a perk that stabilizes your aim. Then it adds that perk directly to the Player record. I expect that Same Sex Couples also directly modifies the Player record. So there the the problem.

The upside is that deleting the Remove Scope Sway perk from the player record via FO4Edit and making it completely standalone should work. Then you could simply add the perk via the console. Or with a quest.

I found another incompatibility. Same Sex Couples and Revamped Playable Ghoul Mod do not work together. If you have Same Sex Couples on, your ghoul character loses their ghoul textures.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 28 2018, 07:03 AM
Post #343

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 27 2018, 07:59 PM) *

I started a game with Same Sex Couples and LGBT Families for my new playthrough of Killer Frost. It worked in the intro pretty well. I was not thrilled with the face that was used for her spouse. But that was easily changed in character generation by using a Looksmenu preset. I actually used Annie Ley Oak's face! biggrin.gif

When playing the Female-Female version, your character has to be the second person in front of the mirror. Basically just like the vanilla game, you have to use the change sex option to go to your character.

What is a little odd that both wear the same outfit to start with. You can use the console to change the clothes of either (I never thought of that until later). But once the news announces the start of the war, your spouse magically changes clothes to jeans and white tee shirt. It would have been nice if they had just started that way.

I added some mods after my first night of playing. Then went back again a day later. I found that my character was now male! ohmy.gif As far as I can tell, none of the mods I added had anything to do with the original spouse's sex. It was stuff like crafting items. Just out of curiosity I tried disabling Same Sex Couples and again when restarting my character was male. Finally I activated the mod again and just moved it down the load order, and Frost was magically female again.

This should have been in the vanilla game, tbh. Shouldn’t have been too hard to pull off (betting that it was due to the voiced PC thing).

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 28 2018, 04:40 PM
Post #344

Councilor
Group Icon

Couples sometimes do start dressing the same, whether they are same sex or different sexes. Something I've noticed during my 48 years. They do not magically change sex though due to load order issues, so good you figured that out! Your fix will probably get burned into Google's search hopefully, so others who have these probs can get past them. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 28 2018, 05:39 PM
Post #345

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Feb 28 2018, 10:40 AM) *

Couples sometimes do start dressing the same, whether they are same sex or different sexes. Something I've noticed during my 48 years. They do not magically change sex though due to load order issues, so good you figured that out! Your fix will probably get burned into Google's search hopefully, so others who have these probs can get past them. smile.gif

Who ever would have guessed that sex reassignment surgery is a simple as changing your load order... laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 10 2018, 06:32 PM
Post #346

Ancient
Group Icon

Sister of Battle - adds a cool female Warhammer 40k inspired suit of armor.

Proto Vault Suit - A high res retexture of the vanilla vault suit. It looks outstanding, and has several alternate color schemes.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 25 2018, 05:57 PM
Post #347

Ancient
Group Icon

Aquila Laser Rifle - adds a cool-looking laser rifle to the game. I have not tried it yet, but it looks good.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 25 2018, 06:41 PM
Post #348

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 25 2018, 11:57 AM) *

Aquila Laser Rifle - adds a cool-looking laser rifle to the game. I have not tried it yet, but it looks good.

That is a sharp looking weapon!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 29 2018, 06:00 PM
Post #349

Ancient
Group Icon

Hey did they definitely fix that issue where the Creation Crap updates we’re screwing up the script extender?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 29 2018, 06:10 PM
Post #350

Master
Group Icon

I think so. At least, according to Cartogriffi it has.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 29 2018, 06:29 PM
Post #351

Ancient
Group Icon

Cool

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 31 2018, 12:36 AM
Post #352

Ancient
Group Icon

*Sigh* Khajiit reinstalled F4 yesterday and spent most of this morning/afternoon setting up mods. Anyone here use Looksmenu Customization Compendium?

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Mar 31 2018, 12:36 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 31 2018, 01:22 AM
Post #353

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 30 2018, 07:36 PM) *

*Sigh* Khajiit reinstalled F4 yesterday and spent most of this morning/afternoon setting up mods. Anyone here use Looksmenu Customization Compendium?

I have it, but I don't think I have ever really used anything from it. It is mostly face tattoos, which I have never had a character use.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 31 2018, 01:53 AM
Post #354

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 30 2018, 07:22 PM) *

I have it, but I don't think I have ever really used anything from it. It is mostly face tattoos, which I have never had a character use.

Well there’s a custom skin color option that Khajiit was playing around with, but when he had the skin tone he wanted, it wouldn’t save it and would revert to whatever skin you had before you set it. At least, Khajiit thinks it’s from LMCC.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Mar 31 2018, 01:57 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 31 2018, 02:35 AM
Post #355

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 30 2018, 08:53 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 30 2018, 07:22 PM) *

Well there’s a custom skin color option that Khajiit was playing around with, but when he had the skin tone he wanted, it wouldn’t save it and would revert to whatever skin you had before you set it. At least, Khajiit thinks it’s from LMCC.

I remember that custom skin option too. I had the same problem. It would not keep the color values you put in. I never did figure out how to make that work.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 31 2018, 03:10 AM
Post #356

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 30 2018, 08:35 PM) *

I remember that custom skin option too. I had the same problem. It would not keep the color values you put in. I never did figure out how to make that work.

Not a big deal as there are plenty of skins to choose from, but it would be really cool if it worked.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 31 2018, 03:43 AM
Post #357

Ancient
Group Icon

Hmmm, Khajiit wonders how hard it would be to mod a skin color?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 31 2018, 04:05 PM
Post #358

Ancient
Group Icon

It isn't that difficult. I did a few for Persephone.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 31 2018, 04:35 PM
Post #359

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 31 2018, 10:05 AM) *

It isn't that difficult. I did a few for Persephone.

Mind imparting your knowledge of this to Khajiit? This one figured it would be like altering the colors of clothes but wasn’t really sure where to start looking.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Mar 31 2018, 04:36 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 1 2018, 04:56 PM
Post #360

Ancient
Group Icon

I found an incompatibility between Remove Scope Sway and Same Sex Couples. I never would have imagined it, but each completely cancels the other out. Whatever loads last wins, and disables the other.

I looked at Remove Scope Sway in the CK, and I think I see why. It adds a perk that stabilizes your aim. Then it adds that perk directly to the Player record. I expect that Same Sex Couples also directly modifies the Player record. So there the the problem.

The upside is that deleting the Remove Scope Sway perk from the player record via FO3Edit and making it completely standalone should work. Then you could simply add the perk via the console. Or with a quest.

--------------------
+Quote Post

29 Pages V « < 16 17 18 19 20 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:27 AM