Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Victorian Commonwealth: A Raider's Journey, *Warning!* Contains Raiders doing Raider type things!
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 10 2017, 02:40 AM
Post #21

Ancient
Group Icon

October 26th, 2287

Went and talked to that robot at Sanctuary Hills this morning. That thing is friggin' insane! Kept talking like it knew me from before the war! I told it that it must be malfunctioning, ha! It mentioned a man and a child might be hiding nearby but I thoroughly searched the whole settlement and found no one alive. Lucky for them that I didn't find them, if they really were there. Stupid robot. It also said someone in Concord might be able to help me. With what, it didn't explain. In any case, Codsworth (stupid friggin' name, but that's what the damn thing told me to call it) put me onto my next target, after I had checked out that Vault.

The Vault. That's where my day got friggin' weird. Ok, so I went back up to the Vault site and pushed the button to open the door. Well it wasn't a door, it was an elevator. Down and down it went, and at the bottom was the real door; all cog shaped and with 111 right in the middle. There was nothing alive inside except some radroaches. A bunch of them. Also a lot of skeletons laying about.

Coming off the ramp from the cog door, I saw two small doors; one to the left and one to the right. I took the left hand door which opened into a corridor and another door. That door opened into a longer corridor with a bunch of radroaches and a corpse that wasn't a skeleton like the others. This one died recently, probably from the roaches. I dealt with the roaches then checked out the corpse.

It was a woman, probably about 30 or so. She had brown hair and was wearing a vault suit like many of the skeletons laying about, only it was in way better shape. At first something really bothered me about this dead lady, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Then it hit me. This was the same lady that I saw in my dream the night our crew reached the outskirts of Boston! What the hell?! Was my dream actually a vision from this dead lady's past?! Anyway, all she had on her was her vault suit, a gold ring (that I later sold to Connie at Abernathy's), and an audio log. I popped it into my PipBoy and gave it a listen.

The audio log starts with what sounds like a recorded voice over a loud speaker saying something about "cryo stasis suspended", whatever that means, and then a brief pause. Next there is a woman's voice saying "This is the one." followed by a man's voice saying "Open it". You then hear mechanical sounds and hissing like something pressurized is opening. After the thing is opened a man coughs and a baby cries, then the first people try to take the baby from the man, both of whom were apparently inside what was opened. The first man threatens him, the guy still resists, and the next thing you hear is a gun shot. The first people take the baby and leave. The tape ends.

After listening to the tape, I left the corpse where it was and proceeded deeper into the vault, eventually coming to a couple of chambers full of strange freezer pods with frozen dead people in them. In one of the chambers, I found one of the pods open and right adjacent from that one, according to the records on the computer in the room, is the pod that contained the man and baby. Well, the man was still there. Frozen, and shot dead. Like the dead woman in the corridor, this man was in that dream I had. Poor lady must've seen her husband killed and baby snatched. Man, that's some messed up crap.

Well, I left the pods containing the dead people alone as it seemed like bad juju trying to get into them to search for valuables, and after I was done looting what little there was to loot in the vault, I went back to Red Rocket, figuring that was enough exploring for one day. Besides taking the aforementioned trip to Abernathy's to sell the gold ring I found on the woman's corpse, I patrolled the area near the Raider camp I took out on the 23rd to make sure they didn't have friends return. Caught one Raider jerk snooping around near where I stacked the bodies but killed'm pretty quickly. Tomorrow I'll investigate Concord and see what's there.

Victoria out.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 10 2017, 09:59 PM
Post #22

Paladin
Group Icon

What a strange visit to that vault. I smiled because (as one who does not play Fallout) I'm as clueless as Victoria is about that vault place. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 10 2017, 10:21 PM
Post #23

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 10 2017, 03:59 PM) *

What a strange visit to that vault. I smiled because (as one who does not play Fallout) I'm as clueless as Victoria is about that vault place. biggrin.gif

Lol, there was a bit of weaving going on there. There is a certain NPC who uses chems (read: drugs) to get visions. Visions of the past, present, and future. Apparently in this "lore" it is believed others possess this ability too, when under the influence of chems.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 10 2017, 10:25 PM
Post #24

Ancient
Group Icon

It is neat to see Vault 111 from the perspective of an outsider, trying to figure out what happened there. Sort of like Adrian Monk piecing together the clues to a case. Except with much fewer phobias.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 10 2017, 10:29 PM
Post #25

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 10 2017, 04:25 PM) *

It is neat to see Vault 111 from the perspective of an outsider, trying to figure out what happened there. Sort of like Adrian Monk piecing together the clues to a case. Except with much fewer phobias.

Yes. Victoria now has a quest in the PipBoy telling her to report the kidnapping. Khajiit is guessing that she can do this in DC, but she couldn't really care less.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 10 2017, 10:30 PM
Post #26

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 10 2017, 05:29 PM) *

Yes. Victoria now has a quest in the PipBoy telling her to report the kidnapping. Khajiit is guessing that she can do this in DC, but she couldn't really care less.

That does not make sense to me. Report the kidnapping? To who? People are literally killed and eaten by monsters every day in the Commonwealth. Who really gives a crap?

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 11 2017, 12:25 AM
Post #27

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 10 2017, 04:30 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 10 2017, 05:29 PM) *

That does not make sense to me. Report the kidnapping? To who? People are literally killed and eaten by monsters every day in the Commonwealth. Who really gives a crap?

Yeah, guess it's just a way for "do gooders" or the curious to do the main quest. Khajiit is guessing that Victoria won't get to progress very far into faction quests, should she decide to leave her "lone wolf" life behind and join one of those. Minutemen would probably suit her better as Brotherhood is a bit too rigid, and she probably won't even see the Institute besides the attacks by Synths, and she couldn't care less about saving robot people. At the moment however, there is no evidence that Victoria will ever totally leave the Raider lifestyle behind. Even when she helps people, it's always with an eye for what she gains by doing so or to gain their trust to make betraying them easier.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 11 2017, 03:11 PM
Post #28

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow, she saw that lady from her dream? That's spooky. Sucks that she had to sell the woman's ring, but I guess that's how life in the harsh land of the Commonwealth is. sad.gif

Off-topic, but I was looking at some old posts in Beth's older Skyrim forums just for amusement, and was surprised to see Khajiit has been posting since way back before 11/11/11! I didn't know that this one has been around for so many years!

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 10 2017, 04:59 PM) *

What a strange visit to that vault.

Acadian, you don't know how spooky it is finding some of these vaults, especially the uninhabited ones. ohmy.gif I remember Cho Zenwahn found Vault 94 (I think) which had nothing but corpses inside. I thought it was creepy, but he wanted to thoroughly explore the place, just to have a place to rest, and also it was jam-packed full of supplies. It is interesting though that Bethesda thought to add places like this, full of nobody alive, but lots of lootable things.

You ever consider bringing Buffy into Fallout? I think she'd have a blast (pun) with energy weapons and grenades.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 11 2017, 04:36 PM
Post #29

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 11 2017, 09:11 AM) *

Wow, she saw that lady from her dream? That's spooky. Sucks that she had to sell the woman's ring, but I guess that's how life in the harsh land of the Commonwealth is. sad.gif

Off-topic, but I was looking at some old posts in Beth's older Skyrim forums just for amusement, and was surprised to see Khajiit has been posting since way back before 11/11/11! I didn't know that this one has been around for so many years!

Re:Nora's ring
Well Victoria wanted the caps lol

Yes, Khajiit joined Bethsoft in Sept. of 2009, according to their records. Back then I was mainly trying to get help understanding mods for TES3: Morrowind. I was playing Oblivion and Fallout3 on Xbox 360. Seems like half a lifetime ago!

QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 11 2017, 09:11 AM) *

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 10 2017, 04:59 PM) *

What a strange visit to that vault.

Acadian, you don't know how spooky it is finding some of these vaults, especially the uninhabited ones. ohmy.gif I remember Cho Zenwahn found Vault 94 (I think) which had nothing but corpses inside. I thought it was creepy, but he wanted to thoroughly explore the place, just to have a place to rest, and also it was jam-packed full of supplies. It is interesting though that Bethesda thought to add places like this, full of nobody alive, but lots of lootable things.

You ever consider bringing Buffy into Fallout? I think she'd have a blast (pun) with energy weapons and grenades.
Khajiit agrees! She might have to go through a racial transformation during the interdimmensional transport, but she would remain unchanged otherwise tongue.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 11 2017, 04:39 PM
Post #30

Master
Group Icon

If I get this correctly, you're using an alternate start so two dead NPCs are actually the parents of the supposed protagonist?

The screenie with the frozen dead guy is creepy.

I also hope that Victoria won't leave her career of a raider behind, we need some bad galz too. evillol.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 11 2017, 04:55 PM
Post #31

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Aug 11 2017, 10:39 AM) *

If I get this correctly, you're using an alternate start so two dead NPCs are actually the parents of the supposed protagonist?

The screenie with the frozen dead guy is creepy.

I also hope that Victoria won't leave her career of a raider behind, we need some bad galz too. evillol.gif

Well the dead person in the corridor killed by roaches represents the vanilla player character. The dead person in the Cryo pod is the vanilla PC's spouse. Khajiit would go into more detail but it would be spoilerific. Suffice it to say, the events concerning the people in Vault 111 were fairly tragic, but while she realizes how messed up it is, Victoria really doesn't care about what happened there. With the vault thoroughly looted, its on to Concord for Victoria!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Aug 11 2017, 05:05 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Aug 11 2017, 07:28 PM
Post #32

Master
Group Icon

Interesting the way this is panning out for Vicky. I think I'd have preferred a story that started out a good bit away from Sanctuary, but it works for her, and is making in interesting!

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 11 2017, 07:44 PM
Post #33

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Aug 11 2017, 01:28 PM) *

Interesting the way this is panning out for Vicky. I think I'd have preferred a story that started out a good bit away from Sanctuary, but it works for her, and is making in interesting!

We'll get the Concord area stuff out of the way and then it'll be up to Victoria on where she goes from there. Maybe she'll cut across the northern part of the map and find the sea, or perhaps she'll visit Diamond City. So many options!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 11 2017, 08:49 PM
Post #34

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 11 2017, 07:11 AM) *
... Acadian, you don't know how spooky it is finding some of these vaults, especially the uninhabited ones. ohmy.gif I remember Cho Zenwahn found Vault 94 (I think) which had nothing but corpses inside. I thought it was creepy, but he wanted to thoroughly explore the place, just to have a place to rest, and also it was jam-packed full of supplies. It is interesting though that Bethesda thought to add places like this, full of nobody alive, but lots of lootable things.

I'm sure that FO 3 & 4 are great games. I can imagine Buffy might be a sniper if she ended up there. My love is for medieval fantasy though and there is plenty of that to enjoy for now though. tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 12 2017, 12:21 PM
Post #35

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh okay, sir Acadian. Dang. I just know you'd enjoy FO. I'd also want to hear your impressions. I do appreciate that you at least get our perspectives, and seem quite immersed by them.

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 11 2017, 11:36 AM) *

Yes, Khajiit joined Bethsoft in Sept. of 2009, according to their records. Back then I was mainly trying to get help understanding mods for TES3: Morrowind. I was playing Oblivion and Fallout3 on Xbox 360. Seems like half a lifetime ago!

Oh wow! A lot of people seem to have found Beth's forums because of modding, or because of the A-bomb. biggrin.gif I feel like I am one of the few people who just sort of showed up there for no reason. I had no idea Beth had its own forums, you see.

Anyways. Don't want to stray too far off-topic. This one can proceed with the story, whenever appropriate.

This post has been edited by Renee: Aug 12 2017, 12:24 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 12 2017, 07:39 PM
Post #36

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 12 2017, 06:21 AM) *

Oh okay, sir Acadian. Dang. I just know you'd enjoy FO. I'd also want to hear your impressions. I do appreciate that you at least get our perspectives, and seem quite immersed by them.

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 11 2017, 11:36 AM) *

Oh wow! A lot of people seem to have found Beth's forums because of modding, or because of the A-bomb. biggrin.gif I feel like I am one of the few people who just sort of showed up there for no reason. I had no idea Beth had its own forums, you see.

Anyways. Don't want to stray too far off-topic. This one can proceed with the story, whenever appropriate.

Honestly not sure when the next entry will get out. We've got a really big moral dilemma coming up that will set the tone for a good portion of the rest of the game. Khajiit is exploring different angles to it. Definitely want to do what's right for Victoria.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 23 2017, 05:06 PM
Post #37

Ancient
Group Icon

October 27th, 2287

This is going to be a long one, log!

Today, Victoria conquered Concord! It was a busy day with lots of fighting. First thing I did was climb the little ridge northwest of town and survey that part of town for fools to kill. There were none in the immediate area so I entered the town and got some goodies from a ruined house. That's when it sounded like all hell broke lose further into town.

Cutting through the buildings, I came to Concord's main street and saw a crew of Raiders attacking a man in a funny hat on the balcony of a building at the end of the street. I assaulted the Raiders from the rear, didn't want them shooting my ass, and was about to pop the guy on the balcony when he called down and begged me to help him get some folks out of the building. Apparently there were more Raiders inside. He turned and went back inside and, thinking I might could profit from the situation, I decided to clear and loot the rest of the town first, then if the people were still alive when I was done, I'd make them pay me for my gun.

I looted the other buildings (two of which had some corpses arranged in really strange ways; not sure what the hell was going on there) and then checked out the sewers, fighting some molerats and a mirelurk while I was down there. In a sealed off area of the sewers, I could hear what sounded like a large creature's raspy breath. I decided not to investigate that further thinking whatever it was, it was best left alone. I'd find out how right I was later.

With the town looted and the gear dropped off at Red Rocket, I stopped for a smoke. It was afternoon. I went back to the building where the man was. Trixie taught me to never use the front door if I could help it so I explored around the building trying to find an alternate entrance. There is a crashed aircraft, a Vertibird as I'd later be told, on the roof of the building. It's tail section hangs over part of the neighboring church's roof. I climbed the stairs inside the church up to its bell tower, jumped down to the main roof, and with some acrobatics managed to get onto the tail of the Vertibird. The craft had caved in the roof of the big building, exposing a door to the interior. There was a minigun still attached to the craft, and by the door to the interior was a full set of power armor! Score! After these discoveries, I snuck inside the big building, carefully opening the door.

The building turned out to be a museum. In its main room, a gun battle was raging between funny hat jerk and the Raider crew. I had entered the building on the third floor, above and behind the Raiders, so taking the ones out in the main room was cake. I found some other Raiders in the side rooms and those I cut down with my sword. In the basement I also found a fusion core I could use for the power armor on the roof! With the Raider threat ended, I climbed the stairs to meet Funny Hat.

Funny Hat, who introduced himself as Preston Garvey, had a bunch of other people with him. A pitiful lookin' lot to be sure. They were from Quinzy which was destroyed and they traveled here intending to settle in Concord. That plan was abandoned when the Raider crew showed up. And there were more of them on the way. A small frickin' Raider army. I told Garvey he owed me for the help and the jerk sarcastically said he would pay after the Raiders in town were dealt with. Not wishing to fight an army of Raiders alone, I accepted his deal.

Garvey and a big dude named Sturges laid out a plan to use the power armor and minigun in the fight, but I chose to simply snipe from the rooftop. I went to the very top peak of the museum's roof, and Garvey took up his former position below me on the balcony. I then picked out a Raider with white hair, and popped him. The others recklessly charged the building but they were easy enough to end. We killed maybe 10 of them when there was a loud roar coming from a sewage access hatch. A deathclaw burst from there and started tearing the remaining Raiders apart, and then turned its attention to us after the Raiders were no more. It couldn't reach us on the roof though. I put about 5 or 6 rounds from my bolt action rifle into its head and it went down fairly easy. Victory!!

Garvey went back inside the building but I popped the fusion core into the power armor, got in, and jumped off the roof, the impact from the landing shook the ground! The street was a scene of carnage. There were so many dead Raiders laying around, some barely recognizable as humans after what the deathclaw did to them. I over encumbered my power armor with their gear twice over, but with the armor's reinforcements I at least would not hurt myself getting all of the stuff back to Red Rocket. It was 11pm by the time I got the loot back home so I resolved to go back to the museum in the morning. If Garvey and them are still there, they better cough up some kind of payment!

Victoria out.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Aug 23 2017, 05:15 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 23 2017, 10:11 PM
Post #38

Ancient
Group Icon

It sounds like Victoria the Raider is becoming Victoria the Mercenary. Still a far cry from a Paladin though...

Oh cool, was Godzilla down there in the sewers? I never thought to go down there before clearing out the Museum. Nor did I ever think to go in the church first and jump down onto the museum roof to get the armor either.

Awww, Vicky didn't go down in the street and slug it out womano-a-deathclawo with Godzilla? For shame!

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Aug 23 2017, 11:05 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 24 2017, 01:09 AM
Post #39

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 23 2017, 04:11 PM) *

It sounds like Victoria the Raider is becoming Victoria the Mercenary. Still a far cry from a Paladin though...

Oh cool, was Godzilla down there in the sewers? I never thought to go down there before clearing out the Museum. I never thought to go in the church first and jump down onto the museum roof to get the armor either.

Awww, Vicky didn't go down in the street and slug it out womano-a-deathclawo with Godzilla? For shame!

1. Well, Khajiit feels Raiders are a lot like wolves. When running with a pack, a wolf can be vicious and aggressive but when alone they tend to be a lot more cautious, even perhaps bonding with humans. Of course, some are rabid also, and will always be vicious. Victoria is without her pack, so while She is being careful about who, when, and where she fights, she is still very much a wolf. Believe this one when he tells you that Victoria will be looking out for weakness in any community she comes into contact with.

2. Yes. It was the room with the chain on the inside of the door connecting to the fenced in area with the dead Brahmin and mirelurk. If you go in there after the Battle of Concord, there is a hole in the chainlink fence that's not there if you go before.

3. Waste of resources. Power armor gets damaged, bullets and fusion core are used up, and possibly medical supplies too when she got injured (keep in mind we play on Survival so the damage we take and deal out is greatly increased).

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 24 2017, 02:00 PM
Post #40

Councilor
Group Icon

OH no! Was that her first deathclaw????? panic.gif Hate those things.

--------------------
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:01 PM