13 Pages V « < 11 12 13  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pillars Of Eternity
Acadian
post May 25 2020, 06:31 PM
Post #241

Paladin
Group Icon

Thanks for the screenshots, SubRosa. Unless I'm missing something, exploration seems a bit. . . underwhelming?

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 25 2020, 06:56 PM
Post #242

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ May 25 2020, 04:55 AM) *

Interesting, so it's point'n'click, I thought that as you click on the village or on something else that can be interacted with, that the view switches to 3rd person.

Can combat take place from this perspective?

It is all point and click and text messages. The only time it switches from this strat map to the 3d isometric view where you fight is when you find an actual dungeon, or a surface encounter. The surface encounters are usually part of a bounty quest. It will be a small outdoor area, with the monsters in the center. It will be the only fight on the map. The dungeons tend to be 3 - 4 rooms, again, with one group of monsters to fight at the end, and maybe one or two lone monsters in the hallways as you get there.

That is how probably 90% of the islands are. The remainder seem to be part of the main quest or the faction quests, which have more meat on their bones. There is a large pirate castle that you can explore in Fort Deadlight. There is a little pirate island that is basically a small city with 4 areas which you go to. The capital of Neketaka is a sprawling city, bigger than the city of Baldur's Gate. That has tons of city quests, and several dungeons.

QUOTE(Acadian @ May 25 2020, 01:31 PM) *

Thanks for the screenshots, SubRosa. Unless I'm missing something, exploration seems a bit. . . underwhelming?

The whole exploration side of things left me really unenthused. I spent hours sailing around, finding only nothing-burger islands like that. What I have started doing is using the teleport cheat = Shift + T = to quickly teleport around the strat map of the islands, so I can see where there is something that might be worth looking at. Then when I do land I still use Shift + T to quickly get to the places of interest and back. Otherwise entire days in game time can pass when you explore a single island with no encounters.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

13 Pages V « < 11 12 13
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2020 - 04:53 PM