2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Places your character(s) has not been yet., just curious
Lady Saga
post Dec 17 2012, 11:30 PM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

The way I tend to game, my characters have different exploring ratios. Some of them like to explore randomly, others tend to go places only if they're told to go there, or only if they've heard things about them.

It's been since Thor a'Zaene (my second character out of a dozen) that I've been to Markath, for instance. I remember that town fondly, but it's been about a year since I've actually been there! I think Thor only went there because he was drugged by that lying idiot in the black cloak, the one who shows up randomly in bars, and asks us to have a drink with him.

My current Crusader spends a lot of time in Falkreath and Whiterun with Riften and Dawnstar running second most-visited. Rorikstead a couple times. He's only been to Winterhold once, to update his spellbook. And (assuming no more quests send him that way) he will probably only go there once or twice more; again, because they have the best spells.

But Lord Haaf-Mersey has never been to Markath, Solitude, Windhelm, Karthwasten, Ivarstead, or Morthal. He plans on going to each of these (when things die perhaps with Dawnguard) because he's got a curiosity with religious places, but otherwise I kinda doubt he would ever visit even these villages & towns.

bla bla bla....what about you all?.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Dec 17 2012, 11:31 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Dec 17 2012, 11:35 PM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

I usually Try to explore every unexplored place on the map until there's nothing left to explore. I never tire of it for some reason. biggrin.gif It's been a whole year since skyrim was released? Geez, it feels like I bought that game yesterday.

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Dec 18 2012, 12:15 AM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

My character was very cautious when she first came to Skyrim. There wasn't much random exploring. That's dangerous. Then she got tied up with the main quest, and then the Dawnguard so she didn't feel like she had the time to do any exploration on her own.

I just started her game over because of some issues I was having, and now that none of those questlines have been started, she's been using the freedom to do all the looking around that she didn't get to do before.

On this current game, she hasn't been to Winterhold or Markarth. She's traveled to, or at least through, the other cities. She hasn't been anywhere near Markarth yet. It's kind of out of the way.

She was in Falkreath a lot for a while (due to Hearthfire) but the general store keeper there isn't very nice to her (because she's Khajiit I assume) so she hasn't been back there lately. She buys supplies in Riverwood and Whiterun a lot, the people there are friendly to her it seems. She's been down to Riften quite a bit as well. It seems like there are quite a few side quests that have led her there.

Edit: Oops! Forgot about Rorikstead! She hasn't been there yet either.

This post has been edited by King Coin: Dec 18 2012, 12:59 AM

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 18 2012, 12:52 AM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

For me it varies by character of course. Revansch has spent most of her time in the warm, southern half of Skyrim. Amaterasu spent a lot of time in the Rift, but got into eastern Falkreath Hold and Eastmarch a bit too. Hrafn spent most of her time around Dawnstar and Winterhold.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Dec 18 2012, 01:01 AM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Dec 17 2012, 04:30 PM) *

But Lord Haaf-Mersey has never been to Markath, Solitude, Windhelm, Karthwasten, Ivarstead, or Morthal. He plans on going to each of these (when things die perhaps with Dawnguard) because he's got a curiosity with religious places, but otherwise I kinda doubt he would ever visit even these villages & towns.

Solitude has the largest temple to the Nine Eight I believe. Or I should say, all Eight are represented in one building. That's some reason to go there, no?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Dec 18 2012, 01:17 AM
Post #6

Mouth
Group Icon

Huh huh.gif I didn't know that, Mr. Coin. I am sure LHM will reach Solitude, and be blown away by the entire town. smile.gif Since there's a very prominent introduction to that town (execution) I wanna devote some quality time to this with my Crusader. All my characters so far have merely watched the execution, but have not gotten directly involved. I know LHM will get involved OTOH, I'm just not sure how, yet.

QUOTE(King Coin @ Dec 17 2012, 06:15 PM) *

She was in Falkreath a lot for a while (due to Hearthfire) but the general store keeper there isn't very nice to her (because she's Khajiit I assume) so she hasn't been back there lately.

This might be so. The general store guy is always nice (within reason) towards my characters, but then I've only had humans and elves. The guy's brother is a prick, though. He's the one who says "I can't believe we let provencials like you wander Skyrim". WTF? Some of my characters have done nothing but good works in Falkreath, yet this guy still talks down to them. tongue.gif Loser.
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Dec 18 2012, 01:22 AM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Dec 17 2012, 06:17 PM) *

This might be so. The general store guy is always nice (within reason) towards my characters, but then I've only had humans and elves. The guy's brother is a prick, though. He's the one who says "I can't believe we let provencials like you wander Skyrim". WTF? Some of my characters have done nothing but good works in Falkreath, yet this guy still talks down to them. tongue.gif Loser.

Oh yes, he starts out nice enough, it's only after business has been concluded that he starts making threats.

His brother is always an ***.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Dec 18 2012, 01:40 AM
Post #8

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Dec 17 2012, 07:22 PM) *

Oh yes, he starts out nice enough, it's only after business has been concluded that he starts making threats.

Right. "You steal anything from my shop, and you'll regret it". rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 18 2012, 01:49 AM
Post #9

Ancient
Group Icon

I know, its like the guards constantly saying "Hands to yourself, sneak thief!"

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Dec 18 2012, 02:52 AM
Post #10

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 17 2012, 07:49 PM) *

I know, its like the guards constantly saying "Hands to yourself, sneak thief!"

This depends. If it's a character who does a lot of thieving, I don't mind, but it gets on my nerves if the char. only has accidentally grabbed an item here and there, and now they're a "sneak thief". rolleyes.gif

That's actually one of the only times I reload a game: if I try to speak to somebody, but don't realize my character is about to activate (grab) something. I would never be so clumsy if I'm talking to somebody IRL, so I allow a reload if this happens in-game.

Ultimately it's my fault, though, I often stay in 3rd person when talking to NPCs, when I should switch to 1st.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 18 2012, 03:01 AM
Post #11

Ancient
Group Icon

I get it all the time, and my characters do not pick pockets (well, except for the one... wink.gif). I think it is tied to your Stealth skill. If it gets over 30, you hear that everywhere.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Dec 18 2012, 03:22 AM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

My Khajiit gets it all the time. It irritates her because she doesn't steal.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Dec 18 2012, 03:22 PM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

I've never been to Dawnstar, not with any of my characters, ever. Don't have the faintest clue why, but I haven't. I'm sure I must be missing something by not going.
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Dec 18 2012, 03:57 PM
Post #14

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Dec 18 2012, 09:22 AM) *

I've never been to Dawnstar, not with any of my characters, ever. Don't have the faintest clue why, but I haven't. I'm sure I must be missing something by not going.

Ha ha not really much there. There was a quest that I enjoyed with my Crusader a few weeks ago. And the usual town politics/bickering. The Mythic Guard Museum is also there (that's not what it's called though).
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Dec 18 2012, 04:11 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Dec 18 2012, 08:22 AM) *

There's one good quest there. Other than that... you haven't missed out. mellow.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grits
post Dec 18 2012, 04:20 PM
Post #16

Councilor
Group Icon

Where have they not been? Thats an interesting question. I had no idea off the top of my head, so I checked my characters who have more than 50 hours.

Duralekh gro-Bulsakh (presently on an extended fishing trip with Erik the Slayer) has no guild affiliations and is not Dragonborn, though he lives in a world with dragons. Most of his questing involves keeping the Rift safe for his lovely wife Sylgja. He has never been to Falkreath or Dawnstar. I was surprised to see that he had been to Winterhold, though the College was not discovered on his map. That must have been during his wandering days before he met Sylgja. Back then he would often accept favor quests in the hope of getting laid.

Denelle has never been to Falkreath or Morthal. She does work for the CoW, so she has been into some places that would otherwise not tempt her. Most of her contract work comes from the Jarl in her home city of Markarth, so the Reach is pretty well covered in her game.

Jerric has never been to Falkreath. He and Darnand (Marcurio) are on vacation, so they go wherever they feel like going. Jerric likes big sky country. It does not surprise me that he stays out of the forest.

My big surprise was Rowan Varrus, my first character. She has never been to Falkreath in 193 hours of play. (Frankly Im also surprised that she has survived all of the updates, since she lives on the PS3.)

My Imperial characters have all visited Solitude if only to see the center of Imperial culture in Skyrim. Rowan made her home there, and DovahKen would have retired there if he had not been taken out by an update.

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Dec 17 2012, 07:17 PM) *
All my characters so far have merely watched the execution, but have not gotten directly involved. I know LHM will get involved OTOH, I'm just not sure how, yet.

That was a big moment for my Nord barbarian Jensa. She remembered how it felt to have her neck on the block and the scene she made trying to kick her way free. She walked to the front so that Roggvir would have someone to look at in the crowd who wasnt weeping or yelling at him.

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Dec 18 2012, 10:44 PM
Post #17

Councilor
Group Icon

I don't think J'Zirlo has been to Rorikstead yet...He never seems to get there, even when he's tried to... biggrin.gif ...Otherwise, it's just that corner around by Ivarstead, opposite Riften, it seems awfully bare on the map...

Must find stuff!!...
+Quote Post
Andrea
post Dec 19 2012, 07:10 PM
Post #18

Evoker

Off the top of my head the only place I know for certain that Jessika hasn't yet visited is Markarth.
She spends the majority of her time doing book-fetch quests for Urag in the College, and she has yet been told to fetch anything in the markarth area. Hopefully one day, though!
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Dec 19 2012, 08:31 PM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

Castle Volkihar. The Soul Cairn. Solshteim. My four characters haven't been around there.

Fellow PS3 owner here.

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Dec 20 2012, 01:43 PM
Post #20

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Andrea @ Dec 19 2012, 01:10 PM) *

Off the top of my head the only place I know for certain that Jessika hasn't yet visited is Markarth.
She spends the majority of her time doing book-fetch quests for Urag in the College, and she has yet been told to fetch anything in the markarth area. Hopefully one day, though!

It's been awhile since I've had a character who does book fetches. I used to enjoy those. What is it with Bethesda making orcs in charge of books or bookstores? lol.

It's been bugging me, Andrea...and now I finally figured it out. WALKING DEAD. That's who Andrea is! smile.gif All this time it's been in the back of my head ... Andrea Andrea... S*gh finally figured it out.. I'm still mad at Andrea for cozying up with the Guv'ner. dry.gif Can't believe she did that, and also slept with him. Yuck.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Dec 20 2012, 01:47 PM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:15 AM