Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Games That You Wish Existed
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Sep 6 2019, 08:52 PM
Post #21

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Sep 5 2019, 10:33 AM) *

One 'game wish' of mine, not mentioned in my prior entry, is for a Daggerfall successor with state-of-the-art graphics and production values. Not likely to happen. Too big for indies. Not economical/commercial enough for the big boys. And yet...

Just got wind of a seemingly new Indie studio. Here's its web page. Read the short mission statement, then check out its founders. Who knows what, if anything, will come of it. It is, however, a glimmer of hope, however minuscule.

Whoa, Ted Peterson and Julian LeFay are 2 of the studio's co-founders? Sign me up! I'm eager to see what they come up with.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post May 26 2020, 02:46 PM
Post #22

Mouth
Group Icon

I've thought more about what I would want out of Fallout: Florida game. I don't know what the main story would be, but I can think of more regional things and enemies. One of the canceled Fallout projects, back when Black Isle Studios/Interplay still had ownership of the Fallout IP, was Fallout: Tactics 2, which would have taken place in Florida, so I may take some inspiration from what little we know of the would-be game. AAAAAHHHHHH, WHY COULDN'T THEY HAVE MADE A FLORIDA-BASED FALLOUT GAME?!

Before I go into my ideas, here's some info on that canceled game.

Here's a brief description of former Florida from the Fallout Wiki: "A G.E.C.K. had been irradiated, and thus, the "Garden of Eden" it created was full of mutant plants and fungi. The mutant garden began to spread fairly rapidly, preying upon animal life and using them as carriers/fertilizer to spread its fungal seed. While it had accelerated regrowth and nature reclaiming the wasteland, the fact it was irradiated meant it also began to wipe out humans. The Midwestern Brotherhood of Steel had also gained a foothold in Florida. Mutant crocodiles were some of the forms of regional wildlife."

Here's a brief description, also from the Fallout wiki, of what the game's story would have been: "The game's story took place in the Southeastern USA, in Florida, and the major conflict was to be between man and nature. The Brotherhood of Steel was to be portrayed as even more militaristic and oppressive, and as BoS only in name.

"The basic premise was that a GECK had been irradiated, and thus, the "Garden of Eden" it created was full of mutant plants and fungi. The mutant garden begins to spread fairly rapidly, preying upon animal life and using them as carriers/fertilizer to spread its fungal seed. The player character is tasked with discovering the source and a way to put an end to it. The accelerated regrowth and nature reclaiming the wasteland and an irradiated GECK threatening humans, presenting moral ambiguity."

Although that isn't much to go by, that sounds really interesting. Perhaps the main story for the state would be that. But since my dream game is all of Florida, there would also be regional questlines. Florida is highly varied not just culturally and ethnically, but geographically as well, the latter of which many people don't realize--including other Floridians! I don't know what I'd want the regional questlines to be, but I can think of plenty of other regionally-related things that I'd like in the game. Here's some of my ideas.

Factions and Possible Questlines:
  • Buccaneers (Tampa Bay region): A pirate-themed raider group that has a large foothold in the area. Maybe the questline here would revolve around ousting them as a huge power--or perhaps take them over yourself. There is a lot of pirate-related culture in the Tampa Bay area, such as the NFL's Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Bucs for short) and a big pirate-themed celebration called Gasparilla.
  • La Familia (Miami area): A Cuban-themed (or maybe just Hispanic in general) group in SE Florida. Cuban-inspired was the first to pop in my head due to the huge Cuban population in the Miami area, though there are a huge amount of other Hispanic and non-Hispanic ethnicities down there as well. I don't have any idea what their shtick would be. Maybe they are struggling with a chapter of the Brotherhood of Steel trying to take over and Miami could have some particularly valuable pre-War technology the BoS is attempting to claim. I don't know how the Fallout universe handles Cuba or if it has even said anything about that country, but perhaps there could still be tensions resulting from its own version of the Cuban Missile Crisis, either relatively soon after the Great War or because a lot of involved Americans and Cubans have become ghouls. Or both.
  • The Armada (what we Floridians call "The First Coast," the area around St. Augustine in NE Florida): This group takes inspiration from the real-life Spanish Armada, one of the best military forces in the world in its heyday. Spain made the first permanent European settlement in America in the late 1500s and you can still some of that influence today such as with the architecture. As far as I know, Spain is barely even mentioned in Fallout lore, so I don't know if I would make them Spanish or just Spanish-themed. I don't have much of an idea for what the questline would be here, but maybe they want to carve out their own state to establish something similar to the NCR and to have a lot of trading power.

Enemies:
  • Longsnouts: Basically one of Florida's versions of Deathclaws, these are irradiated crocodiles that have become bipedal and have elongated arms. They'd be similar to the concept art for mutant crocodiles for Tactics 2. Mutations from radiations include extended arms that they can still used for feet and, as their name alludes to, their mandibles are extended to be able to better reach enemies that are further away and a heightened sense of smell.
  • Swamp Demons: Irradiated alligators that have also become bipedal, these are the other type of "Floridian Deathclaws." Since their heads aren't as narrow as crocodiles, instead their head would be more resistant to damage and they are capable of bull-rushing enemies. Both Longsnouts and Deathclaws would be collectively referred to as "Scaleskins" as well.
  • Pouncers: The Florida Panther, which has only become more dangerous with mutations from radiation. In real life, they are highly endangered--as in not even 150 of them left. In the Fallout world, their population could have risen slightly but they'd still be rare. Due to their increased aggressiveness and power, a group of poachers could be hunting them down and you can help them put the creature on the extinction list.
  • Radtoads: Apparently, Fallout 76 has these creatures, but I've yet to encounter one. But for the sake of variety, Florida's Radtoads would mutate differently. Toads are supposed to have dry, bumpy skin. Thus, my version of Radtoads would have increased defense against regular ballistic damage. They can attack with their tongue, but if they run into you they cause extra bleeding damage.
  • Radfrogs: These would be much like Radtoads, but the key difference is that frogs are supposed to have moist, slimy skin unlike toads. Mutations would allow the Radfrog to secrete slime that goes all over the place and causes radiation damage. It's skin makes it more resistant to radiation damage.

Okay, I've already spent way too much time typing this up. Can you tell I really want a Florida-based Fallout game? biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Dec 25 2020, 04:12 PM
Post #23

Master
Group Icon

A man can dream.
IPB Image

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Infa Red
post May 23 2021, 01:31 PM
Post #24

Retainer

Kinda goes without saying --

I wish TES VI existed

I agree with Acadian too, as far as "single player, medieval fantasy, open world, create your own character, massive, open world, rpg where you do not rely on a party of either other player or NPCs" etc.. These are my favorites as well. And this is what VI will be !

I feel Oblivion and Skyrim have been big enough though. To keep such quality we have to sacrifice something. So to me they are the best bet so far. ESO... ehhhh.. I will sacrifice size to keep the control and things I like.

That said - One thing I'd like to add to TES VI, even though I like Single Player best... hear me out, coming from a D&D background, what I would like to see is a OPTIONAL 2-4 player (I repeat 2-4 player max AND *optional*) campaign mode. This mode is not only just 2-4 players so that makes it very different and more focused than these new wild MMO's, but I suggest a more controlled party as well. As in, no random people from online. Every game/profile comes with its own personal private server to host if desired and if in this "Campaign Mode" - Then you invite friends and this is the only way you can team up for a campaign. No random people. Period. Private servers only. Invites only. No shared screen type of thing either, mandatory separate game, console/PC and monitor for each player.

Anyway, after that the team would play as usual, but with each other like a D&D type campaign. And written in a way where nothing is reliant on any of the team members. Each people can get their own quests if desired, or team up on a quest. Progress is NOT reliant on any of the team. Its individual as far as that. Enemy/Loot spawning in this mode would be extremely dynamic, meaning, if you are not within a certain distance of each other, then things scale back to single player amounts of spawning. But once close enough to each other to qualify as "together", then Enemy/Loot scale appropriately pending on the amount of people in vicinity, etc..

Storyline/quests/text/voice overs all stick to same main single player content/concept, except one small change, when in this mode, words like "You, her, his, names", etc.. all get changed to universal words of same meaning to keep immersive quality yet keep storyline from single player mode in tact as well. Like "Team, the group", etc...

I could go on and on, but you get the idea. Basically fix everything that is, used to be and can be wrong with multiplayer and make it work nice. It can be done and hold onto the single player aspect we all love so much.

Again, this mode would be optional as well. Choose "Single Player" mode in the beginning menu and its like the multiplayer aspect I propose doesn't even exist. So its win win. You don't like it, don't play it.

Its not that I despise multiplayer, but imo its been overblown and done wrong over the years. They lost the controlled middle ground type campaigns. 4 players max, and invite only make a HUGE difference from what we see the popular "multiplayer" games have become today. I think this way will introduce back the great aspects of multiplayer campaigns and the dynamics of truly working together and utilizing separate skill sets more.

--------------------
What's a matter? Can't stand the site of a strong Nord woman?
No, it's that I can't stand the smell of a strong Nord woman!
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post May 23 2021, 09:54 PM
Post #25

Mouth
Group Icon

I just want Oblivion with a speaking hero. And with companions - for consoles. Followers that walk close to you like friends do rather than "Skyrim security detail" half a mile behind. I mod my Xbox360 game to add companions, and there is an AI that makes them walk with you... but now I want it done properly. Also I want to see player character lie down on the bed to sleep like NPCs do. And may be sleep in real game-time? Then you could observe stuff, like an occasional vampire feeding on you? Oh!

And yes, hugs - I think I won't blush.

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Infa Red
post May 24 2021, 01:07 AM
Post #26

Retainer

QUOTE(Lena_Wolf @ May 23 2021, 01:54 PM) *

I just want Oblivion with a speaking hero.

Trip on this though. I used to want this too. Until I realized there would be absolutely no way to pull it off professionally (as in professionally voiced) without ruining immersion drastically. I mean I think I read somewhere else where you mentioned you don't really role play the character, but rather you are the controller/voice in the head of the character ?? right ? Maybe I am wrong or that was someone else.. but my point is then this might not ruin it for you. So that's understandable and cool for you.

But for those who like to role play that character.. it ruins it, because there is no way the voice would always match up to your character. Male, Female, etc.. it would get too messy.

Now, if you wanna take it futuristic, it would be cool IMO if the game came with a kit. This kit gave you instructions on what to say, and the setting, etc.. and you recorded the voice overs yourself for the main character. All it would do is store them, and then trigger them just like they do the recorded voice overs now. This way we get main character speaking AND its literally the player ! lol That'd be cool and definitely immersive.

Issue with that - Sometimes I like to play female characters and I am a dude. Solution - go get a friend to then do the voice overs for you maybe ? IDK

Either way, it gets messy. But I would agree with you if they just made it optional. My idea too, make it optional. This way you could roll with text responses or the new voiced main character.

The main issue is pretty much no matter what, voicing the main character will ruin immersion on certain characters played. There is no way around that. For instance, one could say, they can do a female and male voice, then it will automatically switch to the correct voice per character chosen in the beginning. That is a good idea and for the most part would work. Except for when your role playing a character that sure the gender matches the voice but you vision your character have a different voice, or a mute character that can't speak ! lol So it always comes back to maybe no voiced main character is best. IMO, unless they really put a lot of good crazy work into it. AND make it optional of course.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 24 2021, 02:38 AM
Post #27

Ancient
Group Icon

There are voice packs for Oblivion. I have been using them for years. BruceVayne created a bunch of them, using the voice files from the Baldur's Gate games. Plus a few others. You can also use them as a framework to create your own. Here it is

This is not a fully voiced protagonist. Rather it uses scripts that identify certain events (like combat starting, taking damage, etc...), and then playing a sound. You can have up to 10 different audio files per event, and the mod will randomly switch between them. Or you can just have one, and it will always play that every time that event happens.

A similar mod exists for Skyrim. Additional Player Voices. This one is more of a do it yourselfer however. The mod provides the basic framework. But you have to supply all the audio files. Thankfully, you can just use the ones from brucevayne.

I love using them. It adds more to the game. And you can change the voice to suit the character. I tend to use the Imoen and Viconia soundsets the most. Plus a Kaelyn the Dove soundset I made after pulling her sound files from Neverwinter Nights 2.

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post May 24 2021, 03:28 AM
Post #28

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 23 2021, 08:38 PM) *

There are voice packs for Oblivion. I have been using them for years. BruceVayne created a bunch of them, using the voice files from the Baldur's Gate games. Plus a few others. You can also use them as a framework to create your own. Here it is.

I too use BruceVayne's voice packs for my character and for my companions. Haer'Dalis has been the voice of my personal character for 10 years.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
Infa Red
post May 24 2021, 05:36 AM
Post #29

Retainer

Yea that makes sense, I think mods are the only way to pull it off, as they are the only thing that would give you a bunch of voice choices. I like that.

Maybe TES VI can pull it off if they kinda copy the concept of these mods and just give use like 30-40 choices with the ability to voice in your own as I was saying too.

Thats cool ! Thanks for the links.

This post has been edited by Infa Red: May 24 2021, 05:36 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post May 24 2021, 08:16 AM
Post #30

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 24 2021, 02:38 AM) *

There are voice packs for Oblivion. I have been using them for years. BruceVayne created a bunch of them, using the voice files from the Baldur's Gate games. Plus a few others. You can also use them as a framework to create your own. Here it is

Ok, let me add: I don't like to play on a PC, so my ideal game will always be for console, preferably PlayStation. And as Sony doesn't allow external assets, and moddable Oblivion doesn't even exist for consoles, this all remains a far away dream for me. Like I said: I wish it was put into the game from the beginning, yes, I think that's important.

Obviously, not everyone will agree. There is no such thing as an ideal game to tick everyone's boxes! But that's not what this thread is about. For once, it is nice to see the diversity - not everyone wishing for the same thing.

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post May 24 2021, 10:49 AM
Post #31

Master
Group Icon

I'm sticking my nose in here to say simply that, re-reading my initial response from several years ago, my views have not changed in any appreciable way since there. I suppose one difference is that, being older and even more senile, I no longer think about these things as passionately as I once did.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 24 2021, 12:20 PM
Post #32

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy used the same voice pack in Oblivion and Skyrim (Innocent) and it suited her to a tee. She can pick from half a dozen or so female voices in ESO but they are only used for very generic sounds like grunting when you get hit or encouraging your horse to more speed - no real speech so it intentionally leaves their speaking voice to your imagination.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post May 24 2021, 04:06 PM
Post #33

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Infa Red @ May 23 2021, 11:36 PM) *

Maybe TES VI can pull it off if they kinda copy the concept of these mods and just give use like 30-40 choices with the ability to voice in your own as I was saying too.

I would end up hiring a cheap voice actor. My speaking voice just doesn't project the confident hero figure that we all think ourselves as being.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post May 24 2021, 04:08 PM
Post #34

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ May 24 2021, 04:06 PM) *

I would end up hiring a cheap voice actor. My speaking voice just doesn't project the confident hero figure that we all think ourselves as being.

Do we? Lena gets told off by her brother all the time...

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Infa Red
post May 24 2021, 08:34 PM
Post #35

Retainer

QUOTE(Lena_Wolf @ May 24 2021, 12:16 AM) *

Ok, let me add: I don't like to play on a PC
Obviously, not everyone will agree. ....For once, it is nice to see the diversity - not everyone wishing for the same thing.

I completely agree !
FYI I am PC only for modding type games (my first and only PC !)
I have literally every console ever made, so I can understand you. What PC people don't realize is how awesome a console is for playing in your bed on a 55" OLED. Gaming monitors are cool and all for response time, but they have not so great color representation as OLED and its impossible to get super cozy like playing 3am in your bed with a PC rig. I do it, but because it is indeed superior for modding. Also if you play other games reliant on serious physical speed (Fortnite, etc..) PC playing is a must.

All that said, console wise, I gravitate towards xBox as of last 8 or so years. I actually use the xBox controller on my PC when playing. Cause that Keyboard/Mouse playing is like another language to me ! haha Too old to learn that.

And computer wise, I have always been Mac. So this was all new to me when I got into modding. Using a PC is painful. lol

QUOTE(Acadian @ May 24 2021, 04:20 AM) *

no real speech so it intentionally leaves their speaking voice to your imagination.

Now THIS is indeed what I am saying is best. Unfortunately. Its the only way to please everyone, but at the cost of a few things too sad.gif

QUOTE(macole @ May 24 2021, 08:06 AM) *
QUOTE(Lena_Wolf @ May 24 2021, 08:08 AM) *

Lena gets told off by her brother all the time...

Hahahaha !! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Infa Red: May 24 2021, 08:34 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post May 26 2021, 07:34 PM
Post #36

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Infa Red @ May 24 2021, 08:34 PM) *

What PC people don't realize is how awesome a console is for playing in your bed on a 55" OLED. Gaming monitors are cool and all for response time, but they have not so great color representation as OLED and its impossible to get super cozy like playing 3am in your bed with a PC rig.

EXACTLY!!

For me, PC means work (and pain), not relaxation. I can accept using it for modding, but I don't play on it. I mod Skyrim for PS4 and Oblivion for Xbox360 (modded saves). I play exclusively on consoles, which means that my PC can be old and inexpensive. I bought my first Windows PC just this past January - it runs Win 10 but the hardware is from 2004. ohmy.gif Runs Oblivion perfectly, runs Skyrim LE roughly, does not run Skyrim SE at all. Yet good enough for modding and didn't cost me much. Plugs into my TV via HDMI and lives among the consoles. smile.gif

I am a Linux person otherwise. Any *nix, really.

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Infa Red
post May 26 2021, 08:12 PM
Post #37

Retainer

I wish "The Oasis" existed.

And the real way, like in the movie, not the lame stab at making it VR one. I mean one with the 360ยบ running treadmill, symbiotic suit, all the gear/weapons, the vastness, the depth, the curator, the journal archives room is a MUST, etc..

We need this. I wish.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post May 26 2021, 08:18 PM
Post #38

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Infa Red @ May 24 2021, 12:34 PM) *

What PC people don't realize is how awesome a console is for playing in your bed

Au contraire, mon frere!! Some of us do.

There is no law that states a PC user has to sit at a desk. I have not sat at a desk with my computer since 2003. Before we moved to our current house I kept my computer on the floor. I had mountains of blankets and pillows and would stretch out, sit up, assume any position I wanted while I gamed or posted on the forums. It was actually more comfortable than any couch I've ever sat on.

Since moving to our current home here in Pennsylvania I have been doing my gaming and posting and YouTube watching in bed. I have my 30" monitor on a side table next to the bed and my keyboard on my lap when I need to use it. I'm writing this post in bed right now, actually. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Pseron Wyrd: May 26 2021, 08:21 PM
+Quote Post
Infa Red
post May 26 2021, 09:33 PM
Post #39

Retainer

Very true Pseron Wyrd, I may needed to elaborate.

So as possible as it is, it just for me never equaled the same thing.

IE: I am a super symmetrical type of a person. Meaning the way I need to watch things or listen to things is as creators intended symmetrically, as in my eyes/ears dead center on the xy scale to the source of entertainment. On top of that be in a super comfortable position. A computer desk does that for me properly, or my bed. Bed is just obviously more comfortable.

So when using bed though, I can not have anything to my sides. I like to prop my back up against the head of the bed/wall with my pillows, etc.. so Monitor/tv needs to be on the adjacent wall on my feet end. But of course walkway needed at foot of bed, so it needs to go on wall. Thats fine, but thats why its mandatory a 55". I simply in my situation and comfort preferences for bedroom gaming/tv watching can not use any monitor smaller due to visual restrictions on distance/size.

Due to that, my entire computer rig would have to sit there too. (wall by TV). And then my keyboard/mouse/controller would need cables to reach me, which is like 10f away, and they'd be draped across the floor, foot of bed, etc.. Dog or person quick moving to do something = disaster and just looks bad. Of course I only need one controller wire to reach that when gaming. (I do not use wireless on purpose) and using the xBox that works perfectly and is manageable... but my PC needs keyboard and mouse at times of course, to start the game, etc.. so that turns into a lot of stuff on my lap/bed/wires across the room.

The final issue is, I bought a PC for that serious level DisplayPort connection to a 1ms bad a$$ gaming monitor @240hz/240fps. Those monitors only come in smaller sizes (for now) than what would work in my bedroom. So sure I could hook up my PC to my OLED tv (and get better color/graphics actually) BUT I would have to deal with the cabling, room it takes up next to TV and the biggest thing is I'd be defeating its purpose of delivering ultra low latency @240fps/240hz.

So for now, until technology catches up, thats my dilemma with moving my gaming PC to my bedroom. And I think others either overlook these things, or are less picky about symmetrical playing/listening and less picky in general. Yes I am kinda OCD, I know. lol

This post has been edited by Infa Red: May 26 2021, 09:34 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jul 24 2021, 02:26 AM
Post #40

Mouth
Group Icon

Alright, so I was travelling with my sister to Virginia the other day, and we got onto this 90s/early 2000s music kick like we sometimes do. And then it struck me: I really want a Fallout-inspired game, in terms of gameplay and exploration, but in a much different setting. My idea is stupid, it's goofy, and I want it because it could be so unique and great. Also, there would be some nostalgia involved.

Instead of 1950s Americana, it would be late 90s/early 2000s pop-culture. It would mostly be American but other cultures would be included (e.g. Swedish house/EDM kind of music). Speaking of music, it would be all-in on the tunes of the day. You'd be able to change stations similarly to a Pip-Boy, but you'd have a Walkman-type of device instead. You'd get quests, notes, etc. through a pager. At least one of your weapons could be something boombox-esque and act as a sonic-powered firearm.

I even came up with a long, preliminary list of songs to emulate the atmosphere of the day. It's a long list and some of it I'm decidedly NOT a fan of--or simply just don't care for, or I don't even remember exactly what they sound like but I know of them--but I include it for the sake of the setting. Since it's so long, I'm putting it in spoilers and not linking the music videos (also can't link them right now anyway). It leans heavily into pop music of the time, hip-hop, EDM, Swedish house music, techno, electronic, metal, nu metal etc. (A bit of it comes from early 90s as well.)

The non-radio soundtrack would be a mix of electronic and dark ambient, featuring stuff from Aphex Twin and similar music.

What's the story, you ask? I've got a basic outline. It's sufficiently ridiculous and dumb, but I think it is great for a Fallout-type game for the turn of the century. I guess I'd set it somewhere like Los Angeles since that seems to be a great setting for a game set in the late 90s/early 00s. Maybe even Sweden, because that setting in that timeframe really interests me. Maybe there would be several completely different locations in the world to go.

Basically, the real-life Y2K bug gets greatly played up as some cataclysmic event in-universe. It's created by some secret cabal of elites who want to reshape the world in their own image(s). They create the Y2K bug to try to cause all sorts of worldwide havoc, but they do it TOO well. It becomes sentient, self-aware, and kills all of the conspirators. Maybe it is even aided by internal strife amongst the scheming elites.

Over the course of maybe 5 years, it sows all sorts of discord around the world, launching cyberattacks, shockwaves, nukes, etc. Some places are nuked or shelled by non-nuclear missiles, EMPs, earthquakes, rebellious technology, major hacks, etc. There are misunderstandings between countries as they think they are being attacked by each other and retaliate, doing of the Y2K bug's work for it. Thus, it becomes immediately apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic gameplay as societies around the world collapsed. The developed world is destroyed by different catastrophic events as a result. (The non-developed world would get hit as well, but it is a lot less noticeable.)

That's the background story, somewhat akin to the Great War in Fallout. The main story of the game itself is set in the aftermath, about 2005/2006. Gangs are like the raiders in Fallout. Dungeons include clubs, malls, studios, movie theaters, subways, office buildings, etc. Some of these would also be settlements.

The Y2K bug is becoming even stronger and smarter, and it is in the process of building a robotic army to march on what remains of the world to wipe out the rest of the humanity. The main character has to stop that. The background on Y2K is mostly little-known, and you have to uncover the truth and stop Y2K from fully realizing its plan.

See? Absolutely absurd. Even dumb, though in a good way (potentially). But I really want to play that. Make it happen, Bethesda.

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:48 AM