User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 11 2023, 04:15 AM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

Wow, those look amazing. Though it might be better to post links to the pictures, rather than make them inline images, given how big they are.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ArtemisNoir
post Feb 11 2023, 04:24 AM
Post #3

Evoker

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 10 2023, 07:15 PM) *

Wow, those look amazing. Though it might be better to post links to the pictures, rather than make them inline images, given how big they are.

Thank you so much smile.gif
Yeah... I was thinking links might be better. I'll do that for the next set.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 11 2023, 04:54 AM
Post #4

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 10 2023, 10:15 PM) *

Wow, those look amazing.

I know. My jaw... where is it? I think it hit the floor!

Edit: If you're using Imgur or Photobucket you can easily resize those pics, I do it all the time. PB's trickier than Imgur, though.

This post has been edited by Renee: Feb 11 2023, 04:55 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ArtemisNoir
post Feb 11 2023, 06:26 AM
Post #5

Evoker

QUOTE(Renee @ Feb 10 2023, 07:54 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 10 2023, 10:15 PM) *

Wow, those look amazing.

I know. My jaw... where is it? I think it hit the floor!

Edit: If you're using Imgur or Photobucket you can easily resize those pics, I do it all the time. PB's trickier than Imgur, though.

Awww, thanks! smile.gif Morrowind polishes up very prettily, and it always inspires me to take screenshots.

I actually use Post Image for this sort of thing...and why I didn't think to use it this time is beyond me... *sigh*
Anyway, I'll fix the images tomorrow; my brain is so much mush right now, so I don't trust myself around even basic technology. wacko.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 11 2023, 01:28 PM
Post #6

Councilor
Group Icon

Vvardenfell looks so summery. 🌞

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 11 2023, 06:03 PM
Post #7

Paladin
Group Icon

Gosh, SubRosa is right - your game looks spectacular!

I agree on recommending links for screenshots as well. Large ones posted directly kind of hijack the screen for me so I have to slide things left and right to see them all or access the right side of the screen to add a post.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ArtemisNoir
post Feb 19 2023, 10:38 AM
Post #8

Evoker

Damn, thank you everyone!
Real life got a bit distracting this week, so I entirely forgot I meant to link those images properly. I should have some time tomorrow, though. Plus, I'll have some new screens to add.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ArtemisNoir
post Feb 19 2023, 09:37 PM
Post #9

Evoker

OK, I have just resized the images, please let me know if they work OK, or if you'd prefer links. smile.gif

A few more:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

So, I don't think my Morrowind looks like a modern game, so much as it looks like a more modern version of itself, if that makes any sense? Morrowind has a very unique art style and vibe, which, I think, works to its advantage when overhauling the visual elements, since there isn't really anything it can be compared to.

This post has been edited by ArtemisNoir: Feb 19 2023, 10:02 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 19 2023, 11:56 PM
Post #10

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh yes, your Morrowind does look different from mine, but I'm not sure how, really. Maybe there's less mist and fog in the air? I have a graphics mod in my game but I never tampered with the fog/mist because I like the mystery of it!

Then again, there are days even in the vanilla game in which the sun just shines, and there's no mist at all. Especially along the southern coastal areas.

Oooh, your draw distance is probably larger, too. It's all gorgeous, of course! 🌴

The pictures are still really large but you know what? It's fine. It's your thread. smile.gif I just Ctrl + mousewheel to temporarily make the page smaller. Works fine that way.

I usually start playing MW again when it gets to be springtime, and the weather gets warmer. So if you're posting some time around April May it'll be a lot of fun.

This post has been edited by Renee: Feb 19 2023, 11:58 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ArtemisNoir
post Feb 20 2023, 12:44 AM
Post #11

Evoker

QUOTE(Renee @ Feb 19 2023, 02:56 PM) *

Oh yes, your Morrowind does look different from mine, but I'm not sure how, really. Maybe there's less mist and fog in the air? I have a graphics mod in my game but I never tampered with the fog/mist because I like the mystery of it!

Then again, there are days even in the vanilla game in which the sun just shines, and there's no mist at all. Especially along the southern coastal areas.

Oooh, your draw distance is probably larger, too. It's all gorgeous, of course! 🌴

The pictures are still really large but you know what? It's fine. It's your thread. smile.gif I just Ctrl + mousewheel to temporarily make the page smaller. Works fine that way.

I usually start playing MW again when it gets to be springtime, and the weather gets warmer. So if you're posting some time around April May it'll be a lot of fun.

Hmm... on my screen the pics are sort of mid-sized... Maybe it's a monitor thing? I think my monitor is 24 inches?

I'm not sure if you use MGE XE, but, either way, it's likely we have different fog and draw settings. Currently, I have MGE XE set for max draw and least fog. I do still get plenty of heavy mist in certain weather conditions, though. Honestly, I know what you mean; I'm often torn between the sense of mystery created by lower draw and more fog, and the more "modern" look. For the moment, I'm going with this look, if only because I live on the North American west coast...which means that in the winter we get *a lot* of fog and rain...and sometimes it's a bit depressing, so I like a change when I escape into gaming. wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 20 2023, 12:52 AM
Post #12

Paladin
Group Icon

Your game continues to look beautiful!

Thanks for resizing your screens - they fit great now. Regarding links vs actual screens, either is fine and I'd recommend going with what you are more comfortable with / whichever you prefer. For what it's worth, my preference is links since they are more compact and allow easier navigation of the thread when scrolling up or down to find older/newer posts. But again, either is fine. Your thread, your call. smile.gif

My first TES game was Oblivion for several years, then Skyrim for a couple years. Currently playing ESO.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ArtemisNoir
post Feb 20 2023, 01:11 AM
Post #13

Evoker

QUOTE(Acadian @ Feb 19 2023, 03:52 PM) *

Your game continues to look beautiful!

Thanks for resizing your screens - they fit great now. Regarding links vs actual screens, either is fine and I'd recommend going with what you are more comfortable with / whichever you prefer. For what it's worth, my preference is links since they are more compact and allow easier navigation of the thread when scrolling up or down to find older/newer posts. But again, either is fine. Your thread, your call. smile.gif

My first TES game was Oblivion for several years, then Skyrim for a couple years. Currently playing ESO.

Thank you very much smile.gif
OK, I think what I'm going to do is leave the screenies I've already posted as they are, if that's OK, but any subsequent images I submit will be in the form of links, which should work well all round.

This post has been edited by ArtemisNoir: Feb 20 2023, 01:13 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 20 2023, 01:13 AM
Post #14

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh yes, I used to live in Oregon, myself. I remember there was one month back in '99 when the sun didn't shine through clouds for the entire month!

I use MGE XE as well, but mostly for some other features. I think we can resize fonts with that program, for instance. Important for me, since I sit about 6 or 7 feet away from my TV.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 22 2023, 02:11 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

Nice screenies! While Morrowind is neither my first nor second choice amongst Elder Scrolls entries, one thing (a number of things) that impresses me about it is that individual landscapes tend to look quite atmospheric.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ArtemisNoir
post Mar 12 2023, 03:21 AM
Post #16

Evoker

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Feb 22 2023, 05:11 AM) *

Nice screenies! While Morrowind is neither my first nor second choice amongst Elder Scrolls entries, one thing (a number of things) that impresses me about it is that individual landscapes tend to look quite atmospheric.

Granted, I'm using mods, but I do feel this is definitely one of the game's strong points. I've always loved how distinctly diverse Morrowind's landscapes are. So much so that when you see screenshots, it's usually possible to identify the region in an instant.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ArtemisNoir
post Mar 12 2023, 03:38 AM
Post #17

Evoker

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I've adjusted the size to 800 by 600, I hope that works for everyone. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 12 2023, 03:44 AM
Post #18

Ancient
Group Icon

Wow, those look incredible.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 12 2023, 04:59 AM
Post #19

Councilor
Group Icon

Yea those are gorgeous. Like oil paintings by Vermeer, perhaps.

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Mar 12 2023, 09:21 AM
Post #20

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(ArtemisNoir @ Mar 11 2023, 08:38 PM) *

IPB Image

I've adjusted the size to 800 by 600, I hope that works for everyone. smile.gif

The water in this screenie is fantastic. For the lushness of the vegetation are you using Aesthesia Groundcover?

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:06 AM