5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A New Elder Scrolls
minque
post Jan 5 2009, 11:36 PM
Post #61

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Way to go bbq! I totally agree about games without hacking and slashing! i prefer interactions between charachters oooooohhh aye I do!

I have MW-chars that just walk about picking flowers and talking to others! wink.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bolzmania
post Jan 6 2009, 06:46 AM
Post #62

Knower
Group Icon

Then whats the point?

--------------------
"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world"
+Quote Post
bbqplatypus
post Jan 6 2009, 07:01 AM
Post #63

Finder
Group Icon

Well, I don't want a game entirely WITHOUT action. I tend to like to play as warrior-type characters. I just want a game with variety and choice.
+Quote Post
treydog
post Jan 18 2009, 07:35 PM
Post #64

Master
Group Icon

I would like to see actions have consequences beyond the immediate NPC involved. Eg.- you do something anti-social in Bruma, then head to Anvil. Upon arrival, a citizen says- "Hey, you're the one who robbed my cousin in Bruma!"

Daggerfall has a (fairly simplistic) system whereby the things you do for one faction affect your reputation with other factions.... Something of that would be nice.

Setting- hmm, the desert would lead to some interesting gameplay.

Mostly, I want to see more depth- character classes with REAL differences, even at high levels; more joinable factions, with rivalries and alliances; the option to negotiate with/persuade NPCs rather than just fight/flee.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Rumple
post Jan 23 2009, 01:47 PM
Post #65

Associate

Hey smile.gif I'm new here; I hope no-one minds me gatecrashing this party!

QUOTE(treydog @ Jan 18 2009, 06:35 PM) *
the option to negotiate with/persuade NPCs rather than just fight/flee.

This is what I want, too. From the beginning, Beth have always made a big deal that their games allow you to play as anyone you like - warrior or thief, mage or bard, noble or assassin - but the truth is that it's pretty misleading. Sure, you can CREATE any character you want... but you could never complete the main quest without fighting. So it was actually really limiting. In ALL the games, including Daggerfall and Morrowind, completing the main quest meant fighting and killing people. There are none of these famed "different paths" to take - nothing that would be in-keeping for even a thief, which is one of the main character classes. No way to negotiate round it.

The only game that even came close to having different ways to complete the main quest was Daggerfall, when you could choose to steal and publish Lord Woodbourne's diary (therefore disgracing him and causing his arrest) rather than killing him. But even so, you had to fight through a million dungeons to get to that choice in the first place, so the point is moot.

I want to see an ES game where you can TRULY play any character you want - and still complete the main quest. I want to see a game where you can complete the whole thing as a nonviolent diplomat, and still have an interesting and varied character questline. So far, no game has measured up to the challenge.

This post has been edited by Rumple: Jan 23 2009, 01:51 PM
+Quote Post
Illydoor
post Mar 24 2009, 10:45 PM
Post #66

Finder
Group Icon

My request is simple for me. I want the next Elder Scrolls to be bigger and more realistic. I finished Oblivion quite quickly on medium difficulty without cheats or anything. Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine do provide some more stuff to do, but if I hadn't had them installed I don't know what I would've done.

I would like more grander cities and a more denser stories and backplots, and I'd also like there to be more characters. They don't all have to have a deeply intertwined and complex history and background, but just have a dialogue option and possibly something vaguely interesting about them. Talking to people in Obliv about the same rumors over and over again gets annoying.

--------------------
Have you ever thought about taking the dark and thorny path?
+Quote Post
minque
post Mar 26 2009, 05:40 PM
Post #67

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Rumple @ Jan 23 2009, 01:47 PM) *

Hey smile.gif I'm new here; I hope no-one minds me gatecrashing this party!

QUOTE(treydog @ Jan 18 2009, 06:35 PM) *
the option to negotiate with/persuade NPCs rather than just fight/flee.

This is what I want, too. From the beginning, Beth have always made a big deal that their games allow you to play as anyone you like - warrior or thief, mage or bard, noble or assassin - but the truth is that it's pretty misleading. Sure, you can CREATE any character you want... but you could never complete the main quest without fighting. So it was actually really limiting. In ALL the games, including Daggerfall and Morrowind, completing the main quest meant fighting and killing people. There are none of these famed "different paths" to take - nothing that would be in-keeping for even a thief, which is one of the main character classes. No way to negotiate round it.

The only game that even came close to having different ways to complete the main quest was Daggerfall, when you could choose to steal and publish Lord Woodbourne's diary (therefore disgracing him and causing his arrest) rather than killing him. But even so, you had to fight through a million dungeons to get to that choice in the first place, so the point is moot.

I want to see an ES game where you can TRULY play any character you want - and still complete the main quest. I want to see a game where you can complete the whole thing as a nonviolent diplomat, and still have an interesting and varied character questline. So far, no game has measured up to the challenge.

I do fully agree Rumple! Exactly what you said is my dream as well!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 26 2009, 09:28 PM
Post #68

Master
Group Icon

Just something I thought about after remembering my experiences with Arena and Daggerfall. For the treasure hunters among us, I'd like to see the return of bashing. Back in the old days, if you didn't have a key or anything, you could always give that chest/door a good beating and maybe break the lock/your weapon.

But nowadays, when it comes down to locks, (pure) warriors are just screwed nowadays. Mages have their open spells and thieves have their tools. But warriors can't do a damn thing about even the simplest lock, even if they have 100 strength and a superheavy warhammer of mass +50. Although, if bashing would return, it would be fun if it made a lot of noise and alerted anything with functional ears nearby. I mean, warriors aren't meant to be stealthy anyway.

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Mar 26 2009, 09:29 PM

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Bolzmania
post Mar 26 2009, 10:55 PM
Post #69

Knower
Group Icon

That would be awesome! I just hate it when i run out of lock picks, goddammit.

--------------------
"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world"
+Quote Post
Illydoor
post Mar 26 2009, 11:01 PM
Post #70

Finder
Group Icon

That would be an extremely handy skill, the amount of times I could've broken chests open without wasting about twenty lockpicks trying to get in laugh.gif.

Also, the difficulty of the lock could determine how hard it is to break/bash in.

I also remember reading one of the security skill books, History of Lock-picking I think, and character in it said something like if you hold a torch next to the lock it warms the metal and makes it easier to pick, so say if you cast a fire spell or there was someway you could activate a torch with the lock and it could maybe make it easier to break, which would be great for people who aren't good at security or alteration.

Especially since I suck at both biggrin.gif.

This post has been edited by Illydoor: Mar 26 2009, 11:06 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Badda-Tish
post Mar 30 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #71

Agent

QUOTE(Rumple @ Jan 23 2009, 02:47 PM) *

If they had that option in Ob or Morrowind the mainquest could be quite difficult. I don´t think a daedra prince cares about what a mortal would offer him to make him not to conquer the mortal realm or try to convince Dagoth Ur not to make that giant thing (but just getting to him means you have to fight all ash ghouls, ash vampires and his followers).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dunmerdude
post Apr 20 2009, 07:57 PM
Post #72

Associate

QUOTE(Illydoor @ Mar 26 2009, 11:01 PM) *

That would be an extremely handy skill, the amount of times I could've broken chests open without wasting about twenty lockpicks trying to get in laugh.gif.

Also, the difficulty of the lock could determine how hard it is to break/bash in.

I also remember reading one of the security skill books, History of Lock-picking I think, and character in it said something like if you hold a torch next to the lock it warms the metal and makes it easier to pick, so say if you cast a fire spell or there was someway you could activate a torch with the lock and it could maybe make it easier to break, which would be great for people who aren't good at security or alteration.

Especially since I suck at both biggrin.gif.

How on earth could you suck at lock picking?
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 20 2009, 09:47 PM
Post #73

Master
Group Icon

Well I suck at lockpicking as well. Part of it is me not hearing any difference between 'bolt got stuck' and 'bolt will break your pick'. The other part is a lack of patience. I just ram the auto button again and again, Morrowind style. Of course, having an unbreakable lockpick of skill +lots helps. biggrin.gif

And I also have more fun by sucking. Going into the last Thieves guild quest with over 140 lockpicks and coming out with only 4, things got pretty tense near the end.

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Apr 21 2009, 02:37 PM

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Illydoor
post Apr 20 2009, 10:42 PM
Post #74

Finder
Group Icon

I don't know I just... suck. People say you can hear the difference, but like jack here I really can't tell. Every tumbler sounds the same to me. Skeleton Key really saved my character's life... and my sanity kvright.gif .

Maybe it's harder on the PS3 compared to the computer I don't know.

--------------------
+Quote Post
seerauna
post Apr 21 2009, 01:08 PM
Post #75

Finder
Group Icon

I think lockpicking is pretty easy but then again, I can hear the difference. Plus I watch it, it goes slower when it gets stuck.

--------------------
The arrow flies to kill
From the string it races
It’s only moments until,
It strikes.

Shadow in Darkness- My first ongoing FanFic!
+Quote Post
atom
post Jun 1 2009, 05:11 AM
Post #76

Associate

This is an old topic I came across, but I wanted to say that if memory serves, in oblivion people do a lot of talking about the war between skyrim and morrowind, so that could be the reason for the rumors of the next game being in skyrim....maybe even a little of both provinces...
+Quote Post
Fiach
post Feb 26 2010, 10:41 PM
Post #77

Evoker

QUOTE(atom @ Jun 1 2009, 04:11 AM) *

This is an old topic I came across, but I wanted to say that if memory serves, in oblivion people do a lot of talking about the war between skyrim and morrowind, so that could be the reason for the rumors of the next game being in skyrim....maybe even a little of both provinces...

If I remember right isnt morrowind now occupied by Black Marsh?

if so I think it would be an intresting proposal, the clash of two cultures and whatnot... oddly enough Im actually writing fanfiction about this xD
+Quote Post
Verlox
post Mar 16 2010, 06:41 PM
Post #78

Evoker

A new kind of setting would be nice. While it seems likely Skyrim will be the next location, I would have loved to see the game set in Valenwood/Elsywere; combined about the size of Cyrodiil. We would have three pretty broad environments, massive forests (Most of Valenwood), desert (Central Elyswere), and tropical (Southern Elsywere).

Part of Morrowind's charms was the odd environment. And I'm getting bored of merry old England.

--------------------
My loaf of bread brings all the ladies to the yard

"A brutish man cannot know, a fool cannot understand this: Though the wicked sprout like grass, though all evildoers blossom, it is only that they may be destroyed forever. But you are exalted, O Lord, for all time" -Psalms 92:7-9
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Mar 16 2010, 08:33 PM
Post #79

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Verlox @ Mar 16 2010, 10:41 AM) *

A new kind of setting would be nice. While it seems likely Skyrim will be the next location, I would have loved to see the game set in Valenwood/Elsywere; combined about the size of Cyrodiil. We would have three pretty broad environments, massive forests (Most of Valenwood), desert (Central Elyswere), and tropical (Southern Elsywere).

Part of Morrowind's charms was the odd environment. And I'm getting bored of merry old England.

Not to mention the Wild Hunt! Ever since reading A Dance in Fire back in Morrowind I have wanted to see one . . . from a distance, of course.

I am still hoping that the next game takes place in the Summerset Isles: Alinor, Firsthold, Shimmerene, and perhaps the ability to sail to the Isle of Artaeum.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 17 2010, 12:15 AM
Post #80

Ancient
Group Icon

I think I would like to see the land of the Altmer most of all as well. It sounds like it is a really unique, and amazing place. I would just hope that Bethesda will put the kind of effort into developing the setting like they did in Morrowind, with all sorts of unique creatures, architecture, etc... Like Verlox said, been to merry old England in tons of RPGs, done that.

--------------------
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th June 2024 - 11:44 AM