Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Werewolf Question
Winter Wolf
post Dec 5 2016, 09:45 AM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

Hi folks,

I have just started playing through Dawnguard on my Skyrim SE (xbox one).

Everything was going sweet and I have progressed to the point where my 26th level Nord skirmisher is wielding considerable power with bow, blade and a nice bit of telekinetic fire magic. The only problem is that Dawnguard has dropped Feral/Wild Werewolves into my game and they are harassing me at every turn on the wilderness path. If I travel down south, they are there. If I go for a walk near Solitude, they are there. If I head up into the mountains- you guess it.

I have encountered the dark beasts three days in a row.

Fighting these werewolves is a disaster. Even using my 900 damage God bow I do next to no damage against them. Even after hitting them six times their health only goes down about 10%. And the damage they do is astronomical. With 250 health I die in one shot. With 100,000 health I also die in one shot. With a 1 million health 'cheat ring' I still die in around 5-6 hits.

By my estimate their claws do around 200,000 damage.... Is that normal or is something wrong here?

In the past I played Skyrim without mods on Xbox 360 and always neglected to install Dawnguard so I could avoid the Vampire attacks at town. But these pesky brutes are far worse than vamps!

Unfortunately Dawnguard is a compulsory install on SE and I am forced to battle these horrible monsters every step of the way. My only way of avoiding them is to use an invisibility ring and quietly head the other direction.

I am wondering if I have some nasty mod/glitch that has ruined my game. Or is this the same for everybody and I am just encountering it for the first time.

Any suggestions?

This post has been edited by Winter Wolf: Dec 5 2016, 10:00 AM

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 5 2016, 11:10 AM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

IIRC with Timing is everything or The choice is yours mods you can disable werewolf attacks or make them less frequent.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Dec 5 2016, 02:59 PM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

I wonder if some mod has mistaken the level multiplier for the offset you got under TES IV? Player + 10 is very different from player x 10!

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Dec 5 2016, 03:24 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

@Lopov I don't know if those mods are available on Xbox1 but I do use them on the PC - makes life so much better.

ghastley may have a point there . . .

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 5 2016, 07:23 PM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Dec 5 2016, 03:45 AM) *

By my estimate their claws do around 200,000 damage.... Is that normal or is something wrong here?

Yeah, this doesn't sound right. If you've got the ability to change this, don't feel bad doing so. Not sure what you can do to address this directly on Xbox 1 though.

I would be looking at whatever mods the community has come up with...there's gotta be something that addresses frequency or whether some enemies show up at all.

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 5 2016, 07:25 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Dec 6 2016, 09:36 AM
Post #6

Knower
Group Icon

Thanks for the replies, everybody!

I was beginning to think I was going crazy here. I have played a werewolf (via companions quest line) and realized that werewolves are creatures to be feared. But 200,000 damage did not seem correct.

I shall look up those mods, Lopov. Thanks!

If unable to find them I shall uninstall some mods that might be causing the problem until I discover which one it is. I am running Bosses of Skyrim and a few others that might be changing the modifier.

This post has been edited by Winter Wolf: Dec 6 2016, 10:34 AM

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:43 AM