Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Breaking ground, My first tentative steps into the CS
Troika
post Apr 28 2006, 04:13 AM
Post #1

Agent

OK, I'm starting a test run for the Library, and would realy appreciate help from you guys to get me a little more knowledgable in scripting.

I'm trying to create the entrance to the library. It's situated in the basement of First Edition in IC, and involves the single ceiling-hung lamp in the basement. The basic premise is that, if the PC has a certain object in their inventory, the light will be able to be activated, and the PC is transported to the Library.

And I have absolutely no idea how to do this. If anyone knows some good, in-depth tutorials (I'm downloading a couple now, hopefully they'll get me started), or anyone can walk me through this, I'd be most grateful.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
brgenerator
post Apr 28 2006, 07:40 PM
Post #2

Retainer

Well, i know nothing about the cs, but all i can suggest is the TES:CS Wiki.

But yeah, i'd be willing to test anything that you create!
+Quote Post
Troika
post Apr 28 2006, 10:59 PM
Post #3

Agent

gone through the wiki, and it doesn't really tough on this sort of scripting... I know basically what needs to happen: the script needs to check the player for [item ID], and if it is not in their inventory, nothing happens, if it is, then it transports them to a new cell. I just don't know how to write this using scripting language...
+Quote Post
brgenerator
post Apr 28 2006, 11:11 PM
Post #4

Retainer

Ah right, cool, well i don't really have any idea! The official forum might be a good idea to ask the question.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:09 PM