7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lothran the Nordic Dunmer, A recap
Darkness Eternal
post Nov 12 2015, 04:44 PM
Post #41

Master
Group Icon

Great story on how he became a guard of Bruma(uh, the cold, the ice, the grime and soot). For a Dunmer, I can imagine that'd be a terrible place to be. But since Lothran is a Nordic Dunmer, that's a whole different story.

I didnīt want an über rich character that never needed to collect more gold and that had everything he needed with him all the time, and thus this had to be done. I wanted him to get closer to who he was in the beginning; someone who needed to go look for things, someone who needed adventures. And evenly important, someone who wasnīt stinking rich. That really didnīt suit him at all.

Ah. This is very nice. He has an adventurer's heart and not the greed smile.gif

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 13 2015, 09:54 AM
Post #42

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Thanks, DE smile.gif Yeah, Lothran is about adventuring, not collecting wealth. About the cold, I think he puts up with it because I want him to, and because I gave him a full fur outfit enchanted to resist frost.. biggrin.gif

-----------------------------

The Daedra

All the daedric shrines in Cyrodiil have had a visit from Lothran. And whatever they asked him to do he did it without too much critical thought. I blame this on his youth and inexperience, and mine... wink.gif

Now to be fair, some daedra are not as bad as others. Take Azura for instance. She honoured her followers so much that she saw their corruption into vampirism as such a disgrace sheīd rather have them killed than alive in their new, deformed state. Lothran agreed to help her because, well, vampires.. Though he was rather pleased with the candles she put up afterwards in their memory and he often revisits her shrine when heīs in the mountains during the winters.

He was also ok with Sanguineīs task of disrupting the formal dinner party in Leyawiinīs castle. No one got hurt, just a little embarrassed laugh.gif In fact Lothran was ok with most tasks the daedra put on him, but there was one where he simply walked away. When learning what Molag Bal wanted him to do he was quite taken aback. Mess with the fragile mind of a man "just because"? No way. So he left and never has he visited that shrine again. He also refused to do what Sheogorath and Mephala asked of him.

Of all the tasks he did, Lothran does have one regret. He wishes he hadnīt done what Hircine asked him to do. Sure, the reward was fine and he uses it every day, but it wasnīt worth it when thinking about it. That beautiful creature should have been left alone instead of falling victim to the biddings of a voice from a shrine. Thatīs one reason Lothran has Saviourīs Hide on him all the time; to never forget..

So out of the daedric shrines in Cyrodiil Lothran has done what everyone has asked him to except Molag Bal, Sheogorath, Mephala, Namira and of course Hermaeus Mora who he canīt even talk to. I should mention that out of the two options from Clavicus Vile he got the mask. It can now be found in a chest in Bruma along with every item he recieved from the daedra.

Iīm not sure and I have to look this up, but I think Hircine was the first one Lothran visited and Nocturnal the last. I remember Nocturnal because when Lothran got the Skeleton Key it went straight to the collection since at this time he really did not need it.

Thanks for reading! smile.gif

Visiting Sanguineīs shrine

This post has been edited by mirocu: Nov 13 2015, 11:27 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 13 2015, 08:27 PM
Post #43

Paladin
Group Icon

Wonderful insights into Lothie's history with 'The Sixteen Plus One'. Buffy only completed a handful of them, walked away from several and never even looked into a few more. She knows exactly what you mean about 'youth and inexperience', as she has never forgiven herself for the damage she did to the small village of Borderwatch. As Kud-Ei wisely says, "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.

Now that said, I imagine remembering Sanguine's quest brings a smile to both elves' faces. tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 13 2015, 08:49 PM
Post #44

Councilor
Group Icon

I disliked Hircine's enough to rewrite it, and provide another way to get the horn without harming its owner. It actually makes it quite a bit harder, as keeping the Unicorn non-aggressive isn't easy.

I didn't change Sanguine's, but I did add another that he gets involved in.

I agree with Lothran about all the others. Did he read the note on the "boss" vampire when he did Azura's? It would have told him that it's what they wanted, too.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Nov 13 2015, 08:52 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 13 2015, 09:34 PM
Post #45

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 13 2015, 02:49 PM) *

I disliked Hircine's enough to rewrite it, and provide another way to get the horn without harming its owner. It actually makes it quite a bit harder, as keeping the Unicorn non-aggressive isn't easy.

OMG, what an Awesome fun quest you made out of that awful Hircine quest !!!!!!!! I LOVE it !!!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 13 2015, 09:57 PM
Post #46

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 13 2015, 08:27 PM) *

Wonderful insights into Lothie's history with 'The Sixteen Plus One'.

I have to admit Iīm not quite sure what you mean by that... embarrased.gif

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 13 2015, 08:49 PM) *

I agree with mALX; such an awesome alternative way to get the horn! I wonder why Bethesda didnīt make it in the first place...? laugh.gif

I agree with Lothran about all the others. Did he read the note on the "boss" vampire when he did Azura's? It would have told him that it's what they wanted, too.

Yeah, he did. Itīs hard to think that someone who fights you actually wants you to kill them, but I guess sometimes thatīs the case.. kvleft.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 13 2015, 10:03 PM
Post #47

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 13 2015, 03:57 PM) *

Yeah, he did. Itīs hard to think that someone who fights you actually wants you to kill them, but I guess sometimes thatīs the case.. kvleft.gif

Skyrim has a quest where you come across an Old Orc who's out hunting Sabre Cats in the hope of a "good death". You can fight him and make him die happy, but there's little reward for the player unless you have another of my mods.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 13 2015, 10:06 PM
Post #48

Paladin
Group Icon

Sorry, mirocu. The 'Sixteen Plus One' is a lore reference that teases/parallels the 'Eight Plus One' (Nine Divines inlcuding Talos). The Sixteen are the primary Deadra Lords and the 'Plus One' is Jyggalag.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 13 2015, 11:15 PM
Post #49

Ancient
Group Icon

Itīs hard to think that someone who fights you actually wants you to kill them, but I guess sometimes thatīs the case.. kvleft.gif

I think the vampirism caused them to attack, they could not stop that part of them from the things it did; which is why they prayed for death so they could stop doing something they hated but couldn't stop without death stopping them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 13 2015, 11:18 PM
Post #50

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 13 2015, 10:06 PM) *

Sorry, mirocu. The 'Sixteen Plus One' is a lore reference that teases/parallels the 'Eight Plus One' (Nine Divines inlcuding Talos). The Sixteen are the primary Deadra Lords and the 'Plus One' is Jyggalag.

That was too complex for me to figure out on my own rollinglaugh.gif

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 13 2015, 11:15 PM) *

Itīs hard to think that someone who fights you actually wants you to kill them, but I guess sometimes thatīs the case.. kvleft.gif

I think the vampirism caused them to attack, they could not stop that part of them from the things it did; which is why they prayed for death so they could stop doing something they hated but couldn't stop without death stopping them.

Yeah, that makes sense. They wanted to stop doing it but couldnīt which is why Iīm glad Lothran helped them out smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 13 2015, 11:26 PM
Post #51

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 13 2015, 05:18 PM) *

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 13 2015, 10:06 PM) *

That was too complex for me to figure out on my own rollinglaugh.gif

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 13 2015, 11:15 PM) *

Yeah, that makes sense. They wanted to stop doing it but couldnīt which is why Iīm glad Lothran helped them out smile.gif

Yeah, I think that is why they sealed themselves in there, so they couldn't attack anyone anymore; but when people found their way in the vampire beast within came to life smelling blood and attacked. They prayed for whoever came to be stronger than the monsters they had become, at least that is how I always saw it on that quest.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 15 2015, 11:28 AM
Post #52

Master
Group Icon

Time to catch up on Lothran...

Nice that he resorted to the Magic of Respawning by putting a lot of his stuff in the crate, so it simply vanished with time, I mean, it was probably taken by other travelers. I do think as well that it's more eemirsive to play with only those items that your character needs instead of carrying entire assortment of weapons and outfits all the time.

It's a shame that he killed the Unicorn but honestly I'm glad you didn't reload your game or resurrect the Unicorn. It makes more sense this way and in a way it made Lothran a different, maybe a better person. Wearing the Savior's Hide to remind him of the mistake is a nice touch.

I wondered how he handled the Sanguine's Quest and evaded the authorities afterwards. bigsmile.gif

This post has been edited by Lopov: Nov 15 2015, 11:29 AM

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 15 2015, 11:44 AM
Post #53

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 15 2015, 11:28 AM) *

Time to catch up on Lothran...

Nice that he resorted to the Magic of Respawning by putting a lot of his stuff in the crate, so it simply vanished with time, I mean, it was probably taken by other travelers. I do think as well that it's more eemirsive to play with only those items that your character needs instead of carrying entire assortment of weapons and outfits all the time.

I very much agree. Even now he does tend to carry more than one would be able to, at least sometimes when he dungeon dives, but I let that slip through. After all, we have Feather magics as well, right? wink.gif

It's a shame that he killed the Unicorn but honestly I'm glad you didn't reload your game or resurrect the Unicorn. It makes more sense this way and in a way it made Lothran a different, maybe a better person. Wearing the Savior's Hide to remind him of the mistake is a nice touch.

Yeah, it sure is a shame. But like you say that whole thing may have made him a better person elf and without it, maybe he wouldnīt have started to work more consciously to help others. I have thought about resurrecting the unicorn via console but I think that would take away the sense of responsibility and the whole cause and effect thing. And also, it would alter Lothranīs history even if I roleplayed it was a different unicorn and I donīt like that idea.

I wondered how he handled the Sanguine's Quest and evaded the authorities afterwards. bigsmile.gif

To be completely honest, I donīt actually remember if he evaded them or got caught and served a sentence. I think he was able to flee with the help of invisibility but I canīt say for sure.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Nov 16 2015, 07:00 PM
Post #54

Master
Group Icon

I didn't change Sanguine's, but I did add another that he gets involved in.

In my lore hunt for Hircine I came across this. I skimmed through it before one time but I never noticed you wrote it. I enjoy the addition of the virgin. Unicorns and virgins are told in the old stories and folklore.

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 4 2015, 09:16 AM
Post #55

Spam Meister
Group Icon

The Ayleid statues

Lothran has four Ayleid statues and theyīre all decorating his Bruma home. He added one to his collection this year in fact but I donīt remember where he found it. Another three statues are at Umbacanoīs manor in Talos Plaza so in total he has found seven out of the ten out there. Always awesome when thereīs more to be discovered, I never fully want to find everything as I always want something to strive for. Lothran doesnīt dungeon dive as much anymore but knowing thereīs three statues left gives him a reason to maybe go check that ruin over there after all... wink.gif

As for Umbacano himself, well, he is now a permanent resident of Nenalata. Things didnīt go quite as he had expected but hey, at least he gets to sit in the throne for all eternity laugh.gif Lothran was very much surprised when he found out the dark side of Umbacano as he had seemed to be such a nice guy before that. Always so friendly and welcoming. Always so generous paying up for every statue he brought to him.

The big battle that ensued deep in the old ruin prompted Lothran to take the Ayleid crown of Lindai off Umbacano as a reminder that even the nicest of persons can have a dark side to them and that itīs best to always be careful around even close friends. You never know who they really are deep down...

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 4 2015, 03:12 PM
Post #56

Paladin
Group Icon

That's a nice approach to those statues. That way, as you say, Lothran knows there's still a few out there waiting to be found. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 4 2015, 10:18 PM
Post #57

Master
Group Icon

I was getting eager for a new Lothran story. smile.gif

Anyway, so nice that he still has something to search for despite being present in Cyrodiil for so long. There's certain charm in that, I agree. Too bad how things turned out for Umbacano but I guess he didn't have many options.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 4 2015, 10:49 PM
Post #58

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Dec 4 2015, 03:12 PM) *

That's a nice approach to those statues. That way, as you say, Lothran knows there's still a few out there waiting to be found. smile.gif

Itīs a good motivator to dungeon dive thatīs for sure smile.gif

QUOTE(Lopov @ Dec 4 2015, 10:18 PM) *

I was getting eager for a new Lothran story. smile.gif

Well, I have pretty much covered what I wanted to cover by now... laugh.gif

Writing about the statues and Umbacano has been on my mind for awhile and this morning it felt like I should. I hesitated since I didnīt have much to write on the subject and I did come up short, but I still wanted to add that little snipet of Lothran history. Adding more details on Umbacano would merely serve as filler and I didnīt want that.

Anyway, glad you guys liked it smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Grits
post Dec 9 2015, 01:59 AM
Post #59

Councilor
Group Icon

I think it’s great that there are still some surprises out there for Lothran to discover. Thank you for sharing some of Lothran’s hard-won insights! I always smile to think of his hair color changing to reflect the depth of his experiences.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 10 2015, 09:44 PM
Post #60

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Dec 9 2015, 01:59 AM) *

I think it’s great that there are still some surprises out there for Lothran to discover.

Indeed smile.gif

He rarely discovers new things but when he does itīs like Christmas and b-day all at once! laugh.gif

I always smile to think of his hair color changing to reflect the depth of his experiences.

It was an interesting thing to do but I feel I made the change too early. Now all I can do is make him more wrinkely and bald and I donīt want that tongue.gif

Thank you for sharing some of Lothran’s hard-won insights!

Glad you enjoy it biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:06 PM