Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

121 Pages V « < 93 94 95 96 97 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Cyrodiil, spoilers version, TES: 4 Oblivion character accounts & stories
macole
post Dec 17 2021, 06:57 AM
Post #1881

Mouth
Group Icon

20211216 Umbacano - Nenalata
The blaring of the Universitum Arcanorum assemblage horns startled me awake the following morning.

“What’s going on?” I asked.

“Oh it's nothing. They’re celebrating some dummy's birthday,” Kaleah replied with a laugh.

An apprentice entered to deliver a sack of well wishes and a cheesecake with dark sweet cherries and an amaretto sauce. Cheesecake for breakfast is for a good way start to any day.

Before leaving the Universitum Arcanorum we made a couple of stops. First stop was to the Oht Quam Oht Fraturnity. Gilbert Grapes thanked us for acquiring the snipe feather and gave us a small reward for our trouble.

Midas' Magic - Spells and Sundries was next on our list. Using a gold nugget, a flawless diamond, and a white monks robe I created a spell that summons an angel. Out in the courtyard I gave the spell a test. Pretty as an angel, I think she’ll do nicely.

Leaving the Universitum Arcanorum we reported our success with the House of Imbel to Roland Jenseric. While Roland is amazed to hear the number of vampires holed up in the catacombs of Jakben’s manor, he is also relieved that the situation was taken care of without landing the OVB in serious trouble with the law or with the powerful members of nobility.

With the Above the Law quest completed Roland now informs us of a resurgence of vampire activity near Chorrol. OVB has obtained information that an unspeakable horror has taken roost in the mountains north of Chorrol. Roland thinks this may be the Night Lord that has recently come to our attention.

It was a cloudy day as we strolled south along the Yellow Road. Would have liked to say we strolled along peacefully but you know how it is.

Approaching the Silverfish River Bridge we could see the tops of the Nenalata ruins rising up above forest canopy. It’s only been a couple of days. Umbacano should be there waiting for us we turn off the road to find him. Umbacano was there as we thought waiting outside the gates of Nenalata.

Umbacano really must be worried about this place. Claude Maric was there too.

“No hard feelings friend.” he said. “It was only business.”

Just get me there safely, Umbacano said. Lead on, Umbacano said. I’ll follow you, Umbacano said.

Yeah right. As soon as we stepped through the Umbacano went charging through the halls like a wild man. Armed with only an enchanted dagger and wearing only his robe he attacked heavily armed and armored skeletons.
Chasing after him we were able to keep him alive but it was exhausting work.

That’s it we’d had enough! Telling Umbacano to wait until we clear out the rest ruin we left him standing at the gate to the next level. Maric stayed behind to guard Umbacano. Good riddance!

The next two levels of Nenalata were relatively easy. A lot of skeletons with a few ghosts and lich tossed in for fun. We continued on until we came to a dead end. This must be where Umbacano wants to taken to.

Returning the way we came we went back to retrieve Umbacano and Maric. Back again in the final room Umbacano placed the High Fane carving in a small alcove on the wall. Behind us the loud sound of stones grinding against each other resounded throughout the room. Turning we saw the stairs descending to reveal a passage way to the throne room.

I don’t like the looks of this place. The way the thick cloud of dust scatters the light from our torches it's like driving on a foggy night with the bright lights on. Can't see a thing. Near the far end of a rectangular raised platform sat a throne. Three inactive dark welkynd stones stood equally space along each side of the platform.

When I saw the way those dark welkynd stones were placed around the seat I instantly thought execution chamber. Didn’t bother Umbacano though. Wearing the Crown of Lindai, Umbacano marched proudly to the throne, sat down like he owned it, and began chanting in the Ayleid language.

Oh, this can’t be good. Then everyone shouted at once.

“He’s calling forth the spirit of the dead Ayleid king of Nenalata!” Kaleah cries out.

“He’s wearing the crown of Lindai!” screamed Elenya.

“Duck!”

The five of us barely had time to hit the floor when the six dark welkynd stones came to life. Powerful bolts of lightning burst forth from the dark welkynd stones. Bolts of lightning struck Umbacano killing him and destroying the Lindai crown. Hidden doors slid open and scores of undead came roaring out with a vengeance.

Maric, my Ladies, and I would be hard pressed to survive this mess. I called for help. The Sisters of Insanity, Markie, and for good measure an Angel came quickly to our rescue.

When the battle was over as he was leaving Claude Maric said, “It’s been fun, friend. I’ll grab some coin on the way out. Don’t call me, I’ll call you.”

Well Ladies are we ready to leave?

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 17 2021, 08:43 PM
Post #1882

Paladin
Group Icon

What a lovely birthday breakfast for the Dummy Jandanga!

Summon Angel spell. Reminds me of the diminutive mage character of bobg who was named Angel.

Wow, sounds pretty intense at the end. The good news, I guess, is that Umbacano got properly fried. evillol.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 17 2021, 09:10 PM
Post #1883

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ Dec 16 2021, 11:04 PM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 16 2021, 10:25 AM) *

I have it disabled too but AFAIK the Anvil chapel is still in ruins inside? huh.gif

Do you use Cliffworms - Losing My Religion? Supposedly with the KotN patch that issue is corrected. I hope to find out.

I don't use that. But it's no biggie since Lothran rarely visits chapels anyway.

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
macole
post Dec 20 2021, 06:50 AM
Post #1884

Mouth
Group Icon

20211219 A booster shot, A dream, and bit of Rumple

(I had recently received a covid booster shot. The first day I felt fine. The second day was miserable. I had a massive headache; my every movement was in slow motion like I was walking in water up to my shoulders, and so tired that I took several naps throughout the day. During one nap I had a most vivid dream about my current Oblivion adventure. With a little added conversation, this update begins with a dream. The dream ends with being untied.)

My auxiliaries had departed and we were packing up to leave when we were approached by a tall figure. Raising a hand in greeting the Altmer adventurer announced himself.

“Hail, budding champion (the strange accent was the first red flag) of the First People (that was the second red flag). I hear you seek the Feyfolken, I can be of assistance with that...” The pleasant voice disappeared as he sneered, “…Aelf!”

Red flags and klaxon horns; the warning signs were undeniable now. Throwing up magic defenses only takes a millisecond of thought but we were too late. Listening to his syrupy words we failed to pay attention to his hands.

They had been drawing circles at his side; the right clockwise, the left counterclockwise. As he uttered the word Aelf he threw his arms wide and everything became a blinding white.

Slowly the whiteness began to fade. Unable to move I lay there gagged, bound hand and foot. A strange cap had been placed on my head making it difficult to think straight. Managing to look to my side I found my Ladies bound in the same fashion.

The face staring down at me was not an Altmer. The coloration was wrong. Suddenly it came to me; Aldmer, the ancient foe.

“Good, you’re awake. I can see it in your eyes you know what I am,” the face said.

The face gave a laugh and continued. ”Gullible little aelf, before you die I wanted to see the expression on your face as you look upon your doom. We are few but with our fanatical Thalmor tyros your kind and all who oppose our truth will be erased from history forever. Now, it’s time to join the rest of your vile ances…”

The Aldmer’s head went flying as the sharp point of a saber passed within inches of my nose.

(Dream ended here.)

“Black Horse Courier Speedy Delivery at your service,” the wielder of the saber said as he dropped down to untie me.

Handing me a letter marked URGENT he continued, “Can’t have you dying without you reading your post now can we? That’s against company policy. Would have been here sooner but he (kicking the headless body) set out a dozen nasty traps. Fifty septims hazard pay will be added to your account. Got to run; places to go, people to see, promises to keep.”

And off he went.

“Quick open it. What does it say?” My Ladies eagerly pressed.

"We got to go back to the Imperial City. I left my portable healing shrine sitting on the courtyard lawn at the Universitum Arcanorum. Luckily it was found before it disappeared. The gate guard is watching over it but if I delay too long the guard cannot guarantee the clean-up crew won’t carry it away. The sun will be rising soon. We must hurry."

Using the Midas Gateway system we arrived at the university in time to avoid any serious health complications.

With the recovery of the portable shrine accomplished we paid a visit to the Mystic Archives where we hoped Tar-Meena would help us with Timo’s odd behavior problem. Tar-Meena called it Lesser Lycanthropy and referred us to Bothiel and Julienne.

We do as suggested .Julienne wants us to acquire the ingredients for a potion, while Bothiel checked her charts for the best time to give Timo the potion. That went quickly (Kaleah carries a lot of the ingredients in her pack just in case she gets hungry in between meals).

Soon we were back on the road to Merendin.

edited for spelling

This post has been edited by macole: Dec 21 2021, 12:14 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Dec 20 2021, 04:24 PM
Post #1885

Mouth
Group Icon

Yes! The two worlds have finally intertwined! biggrin.gif

Sorry to hear about your covid booster headache, but all things considered you got off easy. A colleague of mine who is only in his 40s was completely wiped out by the vaccine. The first one made him seriously ill for nearly four months with extremely low white blood cell count. There was no cure because it wasn't a disease... it was a reaction of his immune system. Then when he finally recovered, he went to have the second jab (why?) which made him ill with the same thing for the next three months (literally - I'm not exaggerating!). He sort of half-recovered (white cell count still low but not extreme), and went to get the booster. Sick again. What did he expect? So compared to that, being tired for a day and getting a weird dream is really a walk on the beach... smile.gif (better than a park)

But what a dream! goodjob.gif I very much enjoyed reading that. Good to see the Black Horse Courier people taking their jobs seriously. There's no dying while there's still mail to be read! laugh.gif Of course. That Aldmer stood no chance.

Have you played The Cave? "There's no dying in the Cave! I can't afford the insurance fees."

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 20 2021, 07:35 PM
Post #1886

Paladin
Group Icon

Macole, I hope you're over your booster reaction and all is well now.

Wow, neither Oblivion Gates, Mehrunic machinations, hail, dark of night or crazed Aldmer shall keep the Black Horse Couriers from their appointed rounds! tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Dec 27 2021, 07:57 AM
Post #1887

Mouth
Group Icon

Lena and Acadian - Thank you for your concern. The booster reaction only lasted one day. Woke up the next morning feeling fine.

20211227 I-SL Merendin Scouts, Spies and other things
Arriving at Merendin, so much to do where to begin?

We found Do’Leandra at the training dummy as she was finishing up with her sword exercises. Her technique is so fluid it makes me jealous.

Discussing Dar’jones with Do’Leandra I handed her the note I had received from Dar’jones. The note containing information on Cyrodiil confirmed Do’leandra’s suspicions that Dar’jones was a spy for The Renrijra Krin. His mission was to scout out travel routes, potential ambush sites, city defenses, and vulnerable towns.

Do’Leandra took the note and altered it slightly. Congratulating me on a job well done Do’Leandra handed the altered note back to me and said, “Now take that back to Shivaya. This will probably save a few lifes later. Good job!”

With the altered note in hand we strolled over to the cabaret for drinks, a bite to eat and to talk to Teshekru.
Maybe it was because I've been gone from Merendin for quite some time that Teshekru was a little more direct in her flirtations.

”Like a moth circling the flame of you,” she told me. “Trying to get ever closer, yet forbidden to touch.”
Kaleah whispers, “She’s playing with you. It would be best to find out what she has in mind. Ask her what her plans are.”

I’m tempted to play along with Teshekru by replying “No, you’re the fire. My fire” but on second thought I took Kaleah’s advice.

Teshekru smiles and as she has implied before says she wants to find a little home of her own, to be accepted as she is, in a place where she can begin a new life. I must have said all the right things as we talked a while longer. At the end of the evening Teshekru gave me a kiss on the cheek and named me her friend.

Then she asked if I would bring her a silver dagger as a token of our friendship

Of course I felt obligated to agree to do this for her.

“Well you sure got maneuvered into that, now didn’t you,” Kaleah said as we left Teshekru’s little cabaret. Yeah, I guess I did.

Karashivuel still doesn’t trust Teshekru. Kara interrupted her sword work at the practice post to admonish me for letting Tesh kiss me. “A kiss! A daedra seducer’s kiss is just taste sampling before consuming the dish. I’m warning you to stop now. I don’t want to see you become a tasty crispy snack.”

“Well Feache, you’ve quite the impact on these Stranded Light ladies. They’re beginning to stumble over each other as they vie for your gentle attentions,” Kaleah said with a laugh. ”Won’t be long before you have your own little Daedra army.”

“Oh yeah Kaleah, like you’re immune to the stuff,” retorted Elenya.

Kaleah’ gave Elenya a quick look. Elenya simply mouthed the word ‘addicted’. With her cheeks flushed beet red, Kaleah turned her head equally quickly to avoid Elenya “got ya” smile.

The next day as we prepared to leave Merendin, Teshekru gave me a gift of a special bottle of wine. Teshekru explained that the wine had a bit of her Magicka in it, which strengthened the bond between us. It also has special healing properties.

Looking at it I expected to see the bottle shine with an inner glow. I was slightly disappointed when it looked just like any other bottle of wine.

Passing through the lobby on our way out Kanaane stopped us to inform us of a new contract that she would like for us to look into. Chandra in Chorrol has reported some strange happenings going on in Chorrol. Kanaane says Karashivuel would be better able to explain.

From what Karashivuel had to say about the White Shadows affair it sounded like another issue with doppelgangers. We’ll be going back to Chorrol eventually. No harm in looking in to it

While we were talking to Kara about the White Shadows affair in Chorrol, Kara brought up the subject of Ulasza.
She’s back. Well not really back, she’s still banished to the Grey Maybe, technically. It’s that Ulasza is causing trouble in some pocket realm and Ulasza’s order is dangerously close to breaking out to infect other realms.

“We need to go into the Grey Maybe and deal with Ulasza once and for all. And when I say we I mean you,” Karashivuel said while poking a finger at my chest.

Oh boy, am I looking forward to that. Come on ladies let’s get out of here before they think of something else for me to do.

With that we left Merendin heading southwest toward Leyawiin.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 27 2021, 02:17 PM
Post #1888

Councilor
Group Icon

That is pretty neat you had a dream which faded into reality like that. sleep.gif Which quest from which mod are they following now?

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Dec 28 2021, 06:08 AM
Post #1889

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Dec 27 2021, 07:17 AM) *

That is pretty neat you had a dream which faded into reality like that. sleep.gif Which quest from which mod are they following now?

The dream was much more intense than I could describe. My heart was racing when I woke up.

In the last edition we visited the mod

Integration – The Stranded Light:
1. Scouts and Spies – reporting in to Do’leandra to receive our final instructions, I think.
2. Teshekru’s Bond – somewhere in the middle of a long romance quest, YouTuber Jaycee Phoenix speculated that bg2408 intended Teshekru to be a traveling companion but that never materialized
3. White Shadows – newly acquired, there's business a foot in Chorrol
4. The Grey Maybe – newly acquired, I’m afraid it’s going to be a nasty fight

Knights of the Nine: leaving Merendin heading south to collect two more of the artifacts. Why, why, why am I doing this?

Coming up: as Cute Elf Elenya’s road map takes us to Chorrol

Vampire Hunter – Order of the Virtuous Blood working our way to Chorrol
1. A Night on Bald Moiuntain – could this be the end of VH-OVB?

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 29 2021, 01:21 AM
Post #1890

Councilor
Group Icon

Thanks. Integration: Stranded Light sounds interesting. I'm looking for something new for Renee Gade III to do. smile.gif

Yeah I have crazy / interesting dreams all the time. sleep.gif The one you described is particularly gripping.

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Dec 29 2021, 06:06 AM
Post #1891

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Dec 28 2021, 06:21 PM) *

Thanks. Integration: Stranded Light sounds interesting. I'm looking for something new for Renee Gade III to do. smile.gif

Yeah I have crazy / interesting dreams all the time. sleep.gif The one you described is particularly gripping.

embarrased.gif Thanks.

Integration: Stranded Light is interesting. It is also very long. I've counted at least 102 quests. You can't do them all since many are dependant on specific outcomes of previous quests

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 29 2021, 07:37 PM
Post #1892

Paladin
Group Icon

Let me stand next to your fire. . . 'tis a game Dremora play. wink.gif

Banished to the Grey Maybe? I take it that is not as nice as the Grey Mare Tavern. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 3 2022, 07:14 AM
Post #1893

Mouth
Group Icon

20220102 KotN Wisdom of the Ages: Retrieve the Shield of the Crusader from Fort Bulwark.

As we headed southwest from Merendin it was around lunchtime when we reached a pretty little lake half hidden by the lush forest greenery. An idyllic spot perfect for a relaxing swim.

I was washing away the grime from traveling when Kaleah swum up to me. Starring at me with her sultry dichromatic eyes she whispered in a soft smoky voice, “I didn’t have a chance to properly thank you for freeing us.”

“Oh that’s OK. It’s not like I slayed a dragon.” I reached out to pull her close.
With a wicked little smile my Mona Lisa reached out… and gave me a good ducking.

“What took you so long!” was the first thing I heard as I came up sputtering out of the water.

By this time Pym and Elenya had swum over to take their turns at dunking, which started a fun filled splash fest.
An hour later while resting on the soft mossy bank of the idyllic little lake I happened to notice the grey stone of a fortress at the far end of the lake.

Fort Bulwark,” Elenya said. “The Shield of the Crusader lies within.”
We’re here, might as well go get it.

We were not alone. A contingent of conjurers was already inside scouring the fort for the shield. And they are not in the mood for a friendly game of finders-keepers. They wouldn’t have been difficult to deal with had there not so many of them.

Hostile conjurers hindered our every step as we roamed the corridors of the initial Foray searching for the controls to open locked doors and to lower drawbridges. To top it off there was a nasty dart trap to avoid.

In one room we found a note from some unknown commander ordering the conjurors to find the shield no matter what the cost. The Conjurer's Note also provided a clue "make note of the candles along the walls” on how to operate the pressure plate puzzle to raise the iron gate leading to the second foray entrance.

The pressure plate puzzle was strangely familiar. So much so that I didn’t even need to refer to the notes. It was a snap to figure out the combination that raised the iron gate. With the gate now raised we approached the door to the second foray of Fort Bulwark.

Entering the second foray section of Fort Bulwark we could hear a voice calling for help. Sir Thedret is locked in a dungeon cell. He pleads for our help in getting out of the cell. Before we could free Sir Thedret we were attacked by several conjurers and their summoned minions.

They were no match for my Ladies and my auxiliaries; the sweet and spicy combo of an Angel (Midas Magic) and the Sisters of Insanity (Integration: Stranded Light).

It’s Sir Thedret’s lucky day. As we were fighting a conjurer in what looked like a torture chamber another note was found. This one directed the conjurors to kill the captive if after a week he was still uncooperative. Going back we freed Sir Thedret. He rewarded us with an obscure hint on how to find the shield. Too tired to search, that was all the help he would give us.

Kaleah thought Sir Thedret’s response showed a lack of appreciation and respect. Baring her fangs she smiled and said, “Weakling, I think we eats it.”

Sir Thedret’s eyes got as big as saucers until we burst out in laughter.

“Oh, you had me going for a moment there,” Sir Thedret said as he began backing slowly toward the exit. A few steps back, he turned, and walked very quickly out the door.

Again as we maneuvered through this section of Fort Bulwark there was a dart trap to avoid. This time the trap was set in the ceiling.

Past the dart trap and couple more lightning tossing conjurers we entered a room dominated by a large statue of Julianos sitting high on a massive dais. Below the large statue of Julianos stood four pedestals each one holding a slightly smaller statue. At the base of each pedestal was a switch or valve of some kind.

By turning the valve key the statue on the pedestal would rotate. With my Ladies help we rotated the four statues so that they were all facing a central floor medallion. Standing on the medallion I waited. Nothing seemed to be happening. I was about to give up and step off the medallion when there was a loud rumble and the room went dark. Light shown from the doorway that had opened in a wall.

Passing through the newly exposed doorway took us directly to a large room. The room contains another puzzle.
Eight statue pedestals stand along three walls of the room. The statues on the pedestals are placed facing the wall. A chest sits in front of each pedestal. I knew instantly what to do.

Take an item that once belonged to a crusader named Rodger from the large chest in the center of the staircase and place it in the correct statue’s chest. The statue will then turn to face the center of the room. Guided by clues given when taking an item out of the large chest we were able to complete the puzzle with few errors and open a door at the top of the stairs.

There in the small room, the Shield of the Crusader lay on an altar along with a number of potions and scrolls. We took everything and left Fort Bulwark.

(Once I saw the puzzles in Fort Bulwark I remembered them from when I first played KotN many, many years ago.)

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 3 2022, 07:14 PM
Post #1894

Paladin
Group Icon

A wonderful time playing in the water!

Oh noes! Don't eat Sir Thedret! tongue.gif

A puzzling dungeon crawl that leads to another piece of the KotN set.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 6 2022, 06:38 AM
Post #1895

Mouth
Group Icon

20220105 KotN - The Path of the Righteous, Mace of Zenithar

Arriving in Leyawiin the city of rained out parties our first stop was to the Chapel of Zenithar where we sought to retrieve the Mace of Zenithar. As soon as we entered the chapel Carodus Oholin approached. After asking if I was the one searching for the artifacts he told us that he once tried to claim the Mace of Zenithar. Finding that he could not pass the test Carodus decided to remain at the chapel to protect and guard the Mace.

By asking around we determined that the mace was hidden away somewhere in the Chapel Undercroft. Proceeding to the undercroft we were greeted by hostile sanctified ghosts. Once the ghosts were quieted we began searching the crypts in the undercroft.

During our search we came across the tomb of Saint Kaladas. Laying hands on the tomb we were transported to a platform surrounded by a vast dark and empty void. Several rocky platforms floated in the black void. A golden cloud floated like a path across the Void enticing us to walk to a distant platform where sitting on an altar rested the Mace of Zenithar.

Remembering that everyone has said you must have faith to retrieve the mace. Faith, I have faith in Nir the Mother of All Creation. All that I am is devoted to Her. Summoning up all the faith and power of Will that I could muster l confidently stepped off the platform to walk across the Void to the Mace.

I promptly fell into the black nothingness. There was a blinding flash of white light and we found ourselves back in the Leyawiin Chapel Undercroft.

Realizing that faith in one’s self was not the answer I ran upstairs to the chapel. Made a donation at the altar of Zenithar to receive a blessing I ran back down to the Undercroft and tried again.

Leaving my Ladies to guard the Undercroft I touched the tomb of Saint Kaladas. My seconf attempt to cross the void ended the same as the first.

Once again there I was back on the Chapel Undercroft floor with My Ladies staring down at me.

“Yes, this time I said Please and Thank You! Should’ve made a bigger donation, I guess.”

“Use your ~ magic to levitate yourself across the chasm,” Elenya suggested.

“Won’t work here,” Kaleah cut off Elenya.

“It will work, Kaleah. It’s just that it is very dangerous. The Void has no floor, no bottom, no ground for the levitate spell to push against. It’s a nothingness that goes on and on forever. You could get stuck floating directionless forever. There must be another way. Let me think a moment.”

They didn’t.

“We could go shopping in the Imperial City, Kaleah said hopefully. “Midas has an interesting spell recipe called ‘Wings of an Angel’ that enables you to fly.”

“That requires an angel feather and an Angel Feather cost 24,000 gold pieces.”

“Ouch! That’s a new dress,” Kaleah complained.

“Ooh, fake it,” pooh-poohed Elenya.

“What?”

“She said, F-A-K-E it,” corrected Kaleah shaking her head. “After banging his head on an anvil for ages untold Zenithar is not that bright. Wearing one of the three artifacts we’ve collected should be enough to fool him into thinking you’re demonstrating great faith in the Nine.”

Like a school cheerleader when her team just scored, Pym leaped about wildly in agreement.

“Yes but which item?”

“If you want to walk on water you wear water walking boots, right?” suggested Elenya.

“Right,” Kaleah nodded in agreement.

“So then if I want to walk in the void the boots would be the most logical item to wear. But… what if it doesn’t work?”

“Tilde away!” my Ladies shouted in unison.

Third time is a charm or so they say. So for the third time I touched the tomb of Saint Kaladas. This time, while wearing the Boots of the Crusader, the golden cloud formed up solid and I walked across the void to the distant rocky platform.

There on the altar lay the Mace of Zenithar. As soon as I grasped the mace in my hand I was instantly transported back to the Undercroft my Ladies shouted with joy and snatched me up in a great group hug.

Returning to the chapel we could hear a great hullabaloo going on. Running up the stairs to the main Chapel floor… Yikes! Guards and priests are in a desperate fight with Daedra, Aurorans.

And Countess Alessia Caro is caught in the middle of it!

Summoning an angel we cried, ‘Save the Countess’ parties!” and jumped into the fray. By the grace of the Mother of All Creation and with an Archangel on our side we suffered no casualties. I hate to think of what would happen had the Countess Alessia Caro been injured.

After the battle, Carodus Oholin approached and petitions to join the Knight’s of the Nine. Sure why not.

This post has been edited by macole: Jan 6 2022, 06:50 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Jan 6 2022, 10:32 AM
Post #1896

Mouth
Group Icon

I remember it took me a loooong time to figure out what to do there... It's not like they are giving you clues or anything. "Have faith" does not equate to "put those boots on"! mad.gif

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 7 2022, 01:29 AM
Post #1897

Paladin
Group Icon

Leyawiin is the city of rained out parties? I thought it was the city of naked parties.

That said, when you said that Countess Leyawiin was in danger, my first thought was, ‘Is that a problem?’ tongue.gif

1 part cleverness, 1 part help from the Ladies, and 3 parts trial and error = success!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 7 2022, 09:27 AM
Post #1898

Mouth
Group Icon

Acadian:
You're right about Leyawiin and the parties. embarrased.gif But as it's been said, " When there's water, off come the clothes."

A close look at the Archangel pic will show the Countess caught in the middle of the pew. I have another pic with her attacking and dealing serious damage with a tiny dagger right alongside her guard and handmaid. Geez, I think she did in more Aurorans than I did. Must be all that practice in the dungeons.

I also took several tries before I figured out how to survive without any casualties.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 8 2022, 09:51 AM
Post #1899

Mouth
Group Icon

20220108 I-SL: Scouts & Spies, Tax Collector, Breaking Monopoly II

Leaving the chapel we stop by Five Claws Lodge for bowl of Witseidutsei’s not so famous bouillabaisse before sloshing to our Leyawiin house. It’s been raining and the water has risen up to the door stoop. The dampness made for an uncomfortable night.

In the morning as soon as our boots were dry we sought an audience with Count Marius Caro and Countess Alessia Caroto to inform them that the missing tax collector had been found, dead. Turning in the three hundred Septims found on the taxman the Count wondered how he could have acquired such a sum.

A great smile that seemed to stretch from ear to ear crossed the Count’s face as he patted the heavy pouch. He said,”We’ll just put this in the City Guard Pension Fund.”

Dismissed, we turned and left. Once outside my Ladies and I looked at each other knowingly. City Guard Pension Fund, yeah right. Shouldn’t it be the “Newly” established City Guard’s Birthday Gift to the Count Fund? And not a word was said about the disturbance at the Chapel yesterday? Curious ain’t it.

A nice enough day for Leyawiin Discussing these and other things over crab and shrimp omelets Leyawiin style, an interesting blending of Argonian and Khajiit spices, at The Mermaid Inn. We talked of spending a relaxing day before heading back north.

The last bite had barely disappeared when J’Dato, the Khajiit monk who heads the OVB Leyawiin chapter house came running across the boardwalk waving an envelope.

“Urgent message for you, Hunter,” J’Dato said as he handed me a sealed envelope marked, ‘For Hunters’ Eyes Only!!!’

Opening the seal; out of a page of polite gossip the three meaningful lines of the coded message read,

“Ayrn à Valenwood haes gaen awa’;
Wolf prowls in the city of the upright cats;
White Haired one holds Bruma safely in his hand.”

With a snap of my fingers the note burned to ash. Sopping up the last bit of sauce on a crusty chunk of bread I savored its delicate flavor. Standing up and I turned to J’Dato and my Ladies and calmly told them, “The game is afoot. We must leave immediately.”

J’Dato watched with admiration as the quartet walk away. “Truly, ice flows through his veins. When are they going to raise him to Fearless Vampire Killer?”

Traveling the Green Road north we turned west at Water’s Edge to Border Watch. We were in Border Watch only long enough to confirm that the Renrijra Krin agents Karrizy and Shivaya weren’t there. That done we continued west, up the mountain.

Karrizy and Shivaya are known to spend the night at a place called Smiling Camp just outside the city walls of Rimmen. Arriving at the camp we settled down to wait for the Renrijra Krin agents. With three tents available my Ladies took a short nap while I sat down to wait.

Karrizy showed up first.

Karrizy called us crazy for turning over the lost tax money to the Count of Leyawiin. Then she refused to have any more dealings with us and retired to her tent.

Shivaya showed up much later. We informed her that we had freed Dar’jones from a Mythic Dawn containment trap and that Dar’jones had given us a letter for her. We handed the Do’leandra altered letter to Shivaya. She thanked us for helping Dar'jones and bringing her the letter.

Next we brought up the subject of the Focus Crystal. “While fighting our way through Niryastare in search of the Focus Crystal, we came across a dead Ohmes-raht, J’therrin. Perhaps you know him? On him we found a note from someone named Shivaya. You?”

“The note ordered J’therrin to take his men and search the entire ruin of Niryastare for the Focus Crystal. It also made it clear that the Mages Guild must not recover the Focus Crystal.”

On cue Kaleah added that the Mages Guild might be interested in such a letter

“What a waste of Khajiit and time,” bemoaned Shivaya. “Fell right into the Mages Guild trap. All for a piece of junk Shivaya can’t use. You'll give Shivaya little note you found, you get junk Focus Crystal to keep.”

Trying not to show my enthusiasm in obtaining the desired outcome, I put on my best poker face and, ahem, reluctantly accepted the deal.

Do'leandra and Jo'beala will be glad to hear this report the next time we’re in Merendin for now though it’s on to Chorrol.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 8 2022, 05:30 PM
Post #1900

Paladin
Group Icon

Though the weather in Leyawiin is a bit unsavory, the politicians there are moreso methinks. At least the food sounds wonderful.

Glad the kitty business went well. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

121 Pages V « < 93 94 95 96 97 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:29 AM